PDA

View Full Version : Will Jeff Hardy win the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble?

James Steele
01-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Yes or No...

Deal or No Deal...

CAKE OR DEATH!!! (cake please!)

RP
01-07-2008, 05:38 PM
of course

James Steele
01-07-2008, 05:38 PM
I think they are going to give Jeff the strap and either drop it at No Way Out or give him the WrestleMania main event if it works.

Jeff Hardy vs HBK :drool:

Xero
01-07-2008, 05:46 PM
:rofl:

What a question...

SammyG
01-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Nah, I don't think there is any way. Orton is gonna keep the title till April, when Cena comes back and takes it back.

Juan
01-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Based solely on the fact that almost everyone wants Jeff to win (and WWE knows that), I'm gonna say no.

The Optimist
01-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Hilarious. It would be nice. I still don't expect it.

RVDmark
01-07-2008, 07:46 PM
I'd love to happen, but it wont. :(

Mr. Nerfect
01-07-2008, 07:57 PM
It's not nearly as unlikely as some make out. The guy has been getting one of the best pushes in recent history, and Triple H has been dedicated enough to putting him over. You also don't have a RAW WrestleMania main event taking shape. I mean, you do have the rumours, but if you go by those (and I don't think that's the wisest idea), then neither Randy Orton or Jeff Hardy will likely be WWE Champion heading into the event.

My money is on Randy Orton retaining, though. I just got bad feelings while watching the way the WWE hyped him on RAW. I can honestly see Randy Orton holding the WWE Championship through WrestleMania until John Cena returns and wins it in a Last Man Standing Match.

Personally, I think the route to go, is to have Jeff Hardy win the title with some assistance from Matt Hardy. Makes the fans happy, muddies up the waters for WrestleMania, and starts a "can they make it to the biggest stage of all with the WWE Title?" storyline, something I've wanted to either see from a defending Champion or Royal Rumble Winner for a long time.

I still maintain that the way to go is having Jeff Hardy win the WWE Title, while Chris Jericho wins the Royal Rumble, eliminating an exhausted Mr. Kennedy last. Hardy and Jericho tease interaction on RAW, and Mr. Kennedy's attorney or agent, or someone, releases a statement that Mr. Kennedy wants to address the fans on his legendary performance at the Royal Rumble this past week, but he's still in no shape to be hear, but he will hopefully be medically cleared by Friday Night SmackDown!. That is where Edge confronts Kennedy, and taunts him, and the two set up an encounter for WrestleMania.

No Way Out sees Edge defeat The Undertaker to retain the big gold belt (it feels more like a throwaway PPV match to me), while Mr. Kennedy wins some kind of match validating that he will be challenging for the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania. I think they should save the Elimination Chamber for a WWE Title feud on RAW in the summer. We then get Jeff Hardy losing the WWE Championship to Shawn Michaels. WrestleMania gives us Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship, Edge vs. Mr. Kennedy for the World Heavyweight Championship and Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy vs. MVP vs. Matt Hardy as half of the Money in the Bank Ladder Match.

Corkscrewed
01-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Cliffs Notes for Alienoid:

Jeff will probably not get the title.
Jeff SHOULD get the title, then job to HBK.
Mr. Kennedy should turn face and then feud with SD Champ Edge toward WM.
WM should be Jericho vs Raw champ HBK
Jeff should continue feuding with Orton into a MitB match that also includes Matt Hardy and MVP.

KingofOldSchool
01-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Cliffs Notes for Alienoid:

Doug Basham should win the World Title.
Doug Basham SHOULD get the title, then job to Val Venis.
Doug Basham should turn face and then feud with SD Champ Edge toward WM.
WM should be Paul London vs Raw champ Val Venis
Brian Kendrick should feud with Trevor Murdoch into a MitB match that also includes Paul London and Lance Cade. London will win MitB and cash in against new SD Champ Doug Basham and win. All the while he beats Val for the Raw title thus proclaiming himself "Master of The Universe."

Shadow
01-07-2008, 10:01 PM
They fact that Jeff is even being considered for a major PPV main event for the biggest strap the company can offer makes me happy in my pants.

But of course he won't because when has the WWE ever rewarded hard work?

Dave Youell
01-08-2008, 04:20 AM
At the start of all this I would of said no way, but they are making me think he could do it, which is good writing and storytelling

I voted yes because I want it to happen, but I think most of us know it won’t happen.

The important thing is that he’s not just lost in the shuffle after.

If he loses the IC belt before the match that would increase his stock I think

D Mac
01-08-2008, 04:28 AM
Whoever thinks so are dumb.

DrA
01-08-2008, 04:31 AM
Jeff Hardy defininitely has the aerial and speed advantage over Orton, but I think Orton's combination of size, power, and ambition to do whatever it takes to retain the title will work in his favor and give him the victory.

Dave Youell
01-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Jeff Hardy defininitely has the aerial and speed advantage over Orton, but I think Orton's combination of size, power, and ambition to do whatever it takes to retain the title will work in his favor and give him the victory.

:wtf:

Have you regressed back into a mark?

BigDaddyCool
01-08-2008, 10:04 AM
I said yes because I want him to not because it will happen. It may happen. The unpridictablity gives it a big match feel.

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm honestly not going to be surprised if Hardy wins. I mean, looking at this logically:

* Jeff Hardy should not have gotten to where he is now, that he did is a testament to the WWE's support and commitment to him.

* Hardy has improved leaps and bounds, and he's had some great matches. His Steel Cage Match against Umaga was apparently awesome, and the WWE does take notice of these sorts of things. Especially when they happen at a grander level.

* The WWE has given Hardy some amazing promo time. I mean, he got to praise the heavens that he was not Vince's son, and he got to come out when Vince was going crazy. Those spots are guaranteed to help further you as a face. Honestly, I'm almost jealous Jeff Hardy got them, it's hard to explain.

It seems as if Jeff Hardy is basically getting his name written into the WWE sky with stars. Triple H, Vince McMahon and Shawn Michaels have all given Jeff a little room with them, and Jeff's craziness while being at the top is reminding the WWE why he got up there in the first place.

Honestly, if Jeff Hardy is the WWE Champion after the Royal Rumble, I will not be completely shocked. Randy Orton going over would be more the WWE's negative tendencies fucking them over than a lack of positives on Jeff Hardy's concern.

Skull316
01-08-2008, 10:19 AM
I picked no on this one. It seems like to me Hardy has the momentum going into the match for sure. To add fuel to the fire, he wants payback for what Orton did to Matt. I think they'll book him to lose Royal Rumble, in a shady loss of sorts...luck of some kind by Orton. Proper announcing and promos leading into No Way Out could see Hardy wanting revenge on Orton still, and entering into the Elimination Chamber match and winning, to get another shot at Orton at WM. They said Matt Hardy had hoped to return at Royal Rumble, but now will not be due to (kayfabe) Orton re-injuring him. This sets up a possibility for Matt to return at WM, to assist Jeff Hardy in getting revenge on Orton and stealing the strap. I was a little skeptical myself when Hardy's push first got started, but I can be alright with him headlining WM this year. It's believable. Hardy/Orton at Rumble is one of the best hypes a WWE title match has had in some time, and unpredictable for the most part. Also, nice to see Orton go back into character. He went from kicking people's heads off, back to a complete wuss once he got the WWE title. Now, it seems like he's grasped his character again and continued on with it.

Could I see Hardy winning at the Rumble? Sure. His push has been great for him and it's really showcased his talent. However, if they were planning on him winning at Rumble and carrying their belt, part of me wonders if they'd have risked him injuring himself with the cage spot last night. Who knows, though. It's the WWE!

Jeritron
01-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I honestly don't know

Mercury Bullet
01-08-2008, 01:35 PM
I kinda want him to win it, but I don't think there is any chance he will.

Heros Welcome
01-08-2008, 01:41 PM
After that whisper in the wind, he should be handed the title. I'll be at the rumble and I'll be cheering and hoping for Hardy to win, but in the end I see Orton retaining and keeping that rediculous title warm for Cena.

Xero
01-08-2008, 01:44 PM
After the cage match it's pretty up in the air. Him getting the upper hand on Umaga even with Umaga having Orton's help is a pretty big step up.

I would LOVE for them to put the IC title up on the line as well. I'm tired of him not coming out with it when doing a promo against Orton.

I didn't notice, did he have it on for his entrance to the cage match?

Heros Welcome
01-08-2008, 01:55 PM
I believe he did, and I also think he had it on when he cut his promo earlier in the night.

St. Jimmy
01-08-2008, 03:10 PM
They fact that Jeff is even being considered for a major PPV main event for the biggest strap the company can offer makes me happy in my pants.

But of course he won't because when has the WWE ever rewarded hard work?

Since when is the definintion of "hard work" no showing major events and running over to another company?

James Steele
01-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Since when is the definintion of "hard work" no showing major events and running over to another company?

Since when is it 2003 again?

Jeritron
01-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Since when is it 2003 again?

amen

James Steele
01-08-2008, 10:44 PM
I honestly love this build-up right now. I haven't felt this excited about a non-WrestleMania World Title match in a long time. I still think Shawn Michaels vs Jeff Hardy for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania would be an amazing main event. Any weakness Jeff has can be covered up by HBK.

Dorkchop
01-09-2008, 12:05 AM
If Jeff was going to win the title, I'd actually prefer him to win it at Mania. There's money in him chasing the title until Mania. Wrestlemania is all about great matches and memories.

I can't believe I actually kind of want Hardy to win the belt.

The Lone Wolf
01-14-2008, 06:09 PM
I don't think that he is gonna win the title at the rumble and if he does i definatly think he will lose it before mania if not the next night.

Mr. Nerfect
01-14-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm even curious to see where the WWE goes with the lead-in to the match. Will Jeff Hardy continue his momentum (if that happens, then the WWE has to put the WWE Championship on him, or have Matt screw over Jeff), or will Orton manage to close the gap between them.

I'd also love for the match to be for both titles, but that should only happen if Orton reverses the tables a bit, and then the shifted momentum encourages William Regal to see the parallels, and he announces that the match is for the IC Title, too.

Personally, I'd have Randy Orton pay JBL to take out Jeff Hardy (I'd love for JBL to kind of bring back the APA elements to his character, a little). Orton and JBL beat-down Jeff Hardy, and JR moans because the momentum has been unfairly stolen from Jeff Hardy. Then Chris Jericho makes the save, and we get a tag team match between Jericho & Hardy and Orton & JBL. Jericho & Hardy win that match, and JR cums himself because Hardy gets another pin on Orton. It also boosts the importance of the JBL/Jericho match at the Royal Rumble.

Porcupine
01-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Absolutely not.

I think Jeff Hardy has absolutely no chance of winning the title at the Royal Rumble unless Randy does something so incredibly bad/stupid beforehand that WWE will need to throw the title onto someone else. Otherwise, I see absolutely no chance whatsoever of Jeff Hardy becoming champ at Royal Rumble.

Anyone that voted yes, or that seriously thinks Jeff has a chance at getting the gold at the Royal Rumble has been taken in by WWE's (good) booking of their feud because I cannot see Jeff winning the title there. Not even for a month...just no.

Mr. Nerfect
01-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Absolutely not.

I think Jeff Hardy has absolutely no chance of winning the title at the Royal Rumble unless Randy does something so incredibly bad/stupid beforehand that WWE will need to throw the title onto someone else. Otherwise, I see absolutely no chance whatsoever of Jeff Hardy becoming champ at Royal Rumble.

Anyone that voted yes, or that seriously thinks Jeff has a chance at getting the gold at the Royal Rumble has been taken in by WWE's (good) booking of their feud because I cannot see Jeff winning the title there. Not even for a month...just no.

Some might say Orton has already fucked up, if you believe rumblings in the back.

In all that, I didn't see a reason as to why Jeff Hardy cannot win the belt. I'm not trying to discredit your opinion, or anything, I'm just curious as to why you think it's absolutely certain Jeff Hardy has no chance.

And if the (good) booking of the few has led people to believe that Hardy has a chance, well, no offence, but doesn't he? Sometimes there are foregone conclusions in professional wrestling (John Cena's last two WrestleMania matches), but if a push is successful, it's successful.

Porcupine
01-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Some might say Orton has already fucked up, if you believe rumblings in the back.

In all that, I didn't see a reason as to why Jeff Hardy cannot win the belt. I'm not trying to discredit your opinion, or anything, I'm just curious as to why you think it's absolutely certain Jeff Hardy has no chance.

And if the (good) booking of the few has led people to believe that Hardy has a chance, well, no offence, but doesn't he? Sometimes there are foregone conclusions in professional wrestling (John Cena's last two WrestleMania matches), but if a push is successful, it's successful.

Ok, I'll budge. Perhaps for a month long reign. Cant see anything longer just because of the time of the year it is (WM build up, and I cant see Jeff main eventing Mania yet).

Heros Welcome
01-14-2008, 08:01 PM
If hardy wins the match I could even see it be treated like "The Match that never happened" or the RVD Taker match when Takes foot was on the rope but the ref missed it, regal runs down tells the ref restart, and a quick rko to end it.