PDA

View Full Version : "Niche" movies

Kane Knight
01-08-2008, 09:55 PM
I don't even really know what to call them, but movies that don't quite fall into "Guilty Pleasure" categories, but nor are they exactly classics, epics, or other great works, or would they exactly be "cult" movies like the Crow or Highlander.

I'm watching Young Sherlock Holmes, a movie that I do enjoy a lot, but would hardly consider craptacular enough to be called "Guilty Pleasure" and certainly not great enough to gush about at length, either. I was wondering what others might have on their shelves.

There's also Samantha, a movie about a rather eccentric girl who discovers she's adopted on her 18th birthday. "If Superman can do it, I can do it or it can't be done at all."

For lack of a better word, I'll call them "niche" movies. What are yours?

ron the dial
01-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Off the top of my head, Now and Then. Always liked that movie for whatever reason. Can't really think of what else falls into this category that I've never heard of. Slackers and maybe would Can't Hardly Wait count? I don't know. Now and Then has to count, though.

.44 Magdalene
01-09-2008, 10:34 AM
I keep getting told that Mystery Men is a bad movie, and I keep loving it.

I don't know if that counts.

Boondock Saint
01-09-2008, 12:53 PM
I love Mystery Man.

That Thing You Do is one of those movies I'll watch whenever I come across it on TV.

Kane Knight
01-09-2008, 02:59 PM
I watched That Thing You Do like three times when it was on Comcast OnDemand. I should actually buy that at some point...I had a friend in high school who was obssessed with the movie.

ct2k
01-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet is one of my favouritist guilty pleasures:o

FakeLaser
01-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Off the top of my head, Now and Then. Always liked that movie for whatever reason. Can't really think of what else falls into this category that I've never heard of. Slackers and maybe would Can't Hardly Wait count? I don't know. Now and Then has to count, though.
I'm a fan of all of those.