PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hardy and MVP should.....

Jeritron
01-09-2008, 05:05 PM
....compete against eachother (and individually against the gladiators) on a special WWE superstars version of American gladiators.

It's perfect for their fued, the WWE would get exposure on Gladiators and it would also help out Gladiators. They're part of a deal with NBC anyways, so it's a great and natural cross promotion.

And these 2, and the footage of it, would be perfect for their fued.

For the women they could have 2 divas with some athletic ability have at it.

yay?nay? discuss.

Mr. Pierre
01-09-2008, 05:19 PM
I would have said yes to the idea while they were having a "friendly rivalry". But, I think now that the friendly rivalry has turned into an actual feud since he injured Hardy, I think it might be too late to have anymore competitions.

But, if this were suggested 2 months ago I'd definitely say that it would be perfect.

Verbose Minch
01-09-2008, 05:38 PM
It would have been amazing, but Pierre is right. It's too late.

Edit: Unless MVP says the only way he'll give Matt one more shot is if Matt beats him on Gladiators.

Tommy Gunn
01-10-2008, 11:04 AM
The 'friendly competition' between Hardy and MVP was the best thing on Smackdown in 2007, it did nothing but elevate both guys equally.

It's a shame that since MVP whacked Hardy, it'll probably simmer down to a run of the mill feud. Here's hoping the creative department can make the end of the feud as interesting as the beginning.

Let's be honest, since entering in late-2006, the WWE haven't dropped the ball once with MVP, and he hasn't let them down either. He's slowly moving higher and higher until no doubt by mid-2008 he should be having a title shot.

Dave Youell
01-10-2008, 11:13 AM
The timing is wrong, but that would of been awesome

Corkscrewed
01-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Hahaha, yeah, that would have been an awesome idea.

Imagine...

MVP makes Hardy run through a Gauntlet composed of Mark Henry, Big Daddy V, some other random heel, and Great Khali.

Both guys have to climb the wall, and to chase after them, WWE brings in... The Wall.

Assault vs John Cena (The Marine) or Stone Cold (redneck hunter).

The Eliminator: first person to actually break through the glass ceiling wins; that will never happen because HHH sets the travellator to "reverse time travel" speeds.

Lara Emily
01-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Hahaha, yeah, that would have been an awesome idea.

Imagine...

MVP makes Hardy run through a Gauntlet composed of Mark Henry, Big Daddy V, some other random heel, and Great Khali.

Both guys have to climb the wall, and to chase after them, WWE brings in... The Wall.

Assault vs John Cena (The Marine) or Stone Cold (redneck hunter).

The Eliminator: first person to actually break through the glass ceiling wins; that will never happen because HHH sets the travellator to "reverse time travel" speeds.

Cool idea except The Wall is dead.

The Optimist
01-11-2008, 08:11 PM
^ :[ True.

Also, it works on paper, sort of. I ... this whole American Gladiators thing just sucks in my opinion.

Mr. Nerfect
01-13-2008, 08:45 AM
That would be kind of cool. MVP and Matt Hardy are two guys that could do the Gladiators thing credibly, too. I'd mark out for MVP wearing his own challenger costume.

It could work two ways, too. Hulk Hogan could show up on WWE programming to pimp Gladiators, and MVP could come out, point out that Hogan was never an athlete like him, and he never made "MVP money." Then bam...MVP beats down Hogan and wins over Brooke because he is half-man, half-amazing.

Of course, any cross-over would end in a Hogan Leg Drop, but I can dream.

Mr. Nerfect
01-13-2008, 08:46 AM
I actually fully expect the WWE to drop the MVP/Matt Hardy program. Like, seriously, Matt Hardy will probably be moved to RAW with no explanation, and be involved in programs with Jeff Hardy and Randy Orton.