PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Fucking Nerd!!!

JT
01-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Okay, so I haven't been involved really with e-wrestling since 2005, but I know some people still into it and talk with them now and then. Well one guy running a show and roster asked me to judge some matches. I'm easy to agree to something, and said yea sure.

Well I went through them, and went all smark on them. I judged these roleplays like they were the TNA product. This leads to one match where one guy wrote a short roleplay on the match and another guy writes a fairly decent sized one.

I ended up loving the small roleplay because it really built the match and had a vivid description of the character and his feelings. Really made you feel for this guy to win. At the same time, the other guys roleplay was a comedy. It was somewhat funny, but reminded me of a TNA skit. Really, the match is never mentioned but once, and then quickly ignored.

I decide I want the short roleplay to win and tell the guy, and my reason why. He then tell me that I shouldn't base my decision that way and should choose the comedy because it was longer and more entertaining. We get into a huge argument over this, and ends with him just agreeing with me (most likely to shut me up).

It's a minute later I realize what I did...I just ARGUED over the improper build of a match for E-WRESTLING! God, I can't believe I've actually become that much of a smark that I'll argue over e-feds not doing things right...

...for my next trick I will talk about how one day I'll open my own e-fed and show how e-wrestling should really be run! :p

Kane Knight
01-09-2008, 10:36 PM
You have an Anime Lover's club in your signature....You don't need to really advertise any more than that.

Blitz
01-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Yeah I figured this was common knowledge.

Xero
01-09-2008, 10:42 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/56zaN4Y8wH4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/56zaN4Y8wH4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

JT
01-09-2008, 10:44 PM
I know I'm a nerd, but I feel like I've reach a new low. :(

At least I still don't give a shit about Star Trek or Star Wars...and never played a game that involved the names "Dungens and Dragons", "World of Warcraft", or "Everquest".

JT
01-09-2008, 10:45 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/56zaN4Y8wH4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/56zaN4Y8wH4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

lol...what?

Xero
01-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Dunno, just typed in "LARP" and "wrestling" into YouTube...

El Fangel
01-09-2008, 11:13 PM

At least I still don't give a shit about Star Trek...and never played a game that involved the name "Everquest".

:shifty:

Kane Knight
01-09-2008, 11:13 PM

At least I still don't give a shit about Star Trek or Star Wars...and never played a game that involved the names "Dungens and Dragons", "World of Warcraft", or "Everquest".

Are you saying you're better than Mister T?

El Fangel
01-09-2008, 11:23 PM

At least I still don't give a shit about Star Trek

JT
01-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Are you saying you're better than Mister T?

I'm saying if the rest of the A-Team was there, they'd disown him...

...except Hannibal...he's down with WOW.

Rammsteinmad
01-10-2008, 02:28 AM
That guy has no idea how to judge an RP. :nono:

Rammsteinmad
01-10-2008, 02:28 AM
Lol... an RP. Ain't said that in years. I remember it was TPWW's E-Fed that made me sign up nearly 6 years ago. :lol:

Vastardikai
01-10-2008, 03:05 AM
Don't feel too bad: I still do E-wrestling.

Some of my favorite RPs I do are the ones that are based off the '80s style WWF Event Center promos, with the backgrounds and everything.

.44 Magdalene
01-10-2008, 07:31 AM
I would still be E-fedding if most E-feds didn't totally piss me off.

I used to rock at that shit.

Actually, anyone know a good E-fed?

Sting Fan
01-10-2008, 08:19 AM
I was in a damn good one, had been running for a solid 3 years without missing a show, just went on "Hiatus" last week due to lack of available time for the guy running it.

Kane Knight
01-10-2008, 10:00 AM
I'm saying if the rest of the A-Team was there, they'd disown him...

...except Hannibal...he's down with WOW.Yeah, sure.

JT
01-10-2008, 10:22 AM
I honestly didn't want to be involved at all, but this fed is around 10 years old now and I've been built as a legend there so I get this "please come back" every now and then. Most of the time, it's this guy asking, and I did this as a way of helping out but not having to RP again.

When I was 15, just passing the 9th grade and about to enjoy summer vacation, this stuff was awesome. Now that I'm 22 and on my way to graduating with a Bachelor's degree in the next half a year, it just doesn't seem worth my time. However anytime I get involved, I take it too seriously. :P

Inadequacy
01-10-2008, 03:02 PM

Lol, we never played Dungeons and Dragons

Rammsteinmad
01-10-2008, 03:37 PM
I would still be E-fedding if most E-feds didn't totally piss me off.

I used to rock at that shit.

Actually, anyone know a good E-fed?

Yeah, towards the end of my E-fed days I kept getting invited to ones where the owner would do one show then get bored with it. :mad:

I ran my own one for a bit that was going really well, until the website fucked up or summit... everything started playing around so I just ended it.

Lock Jaw
01-10-2008, 04:05 PM
I've been playing over at www.wrassle.net for a few months. From what I can see its got a great staff, and has been around since 1999. Its also different in that it has a "simulator" portion that is used to decide the outcomes of most matches (with wins based on the moves you pick/buy and "stats" which you can buy, for fake money which you are paid by the federation). Some matches are decided by the RP though. Its also not just one fed but a bunch of feds, and you get contracts to whichever one you want to go to.

Also, there is none of that stupid "you can't interact with other people in your posts" rule that a lot of feds seemed to have back in the day.

A friend passed along the site to me and I was just "lol e-feds", but tried it anyways. I've been having a blast.