PDA

View Full Version : I'm not Heyman, but DISCUSSION: Should Randy Orton form a new Evolution stable?

Mr. Nerfect
01-13-2008, 08:56 AM
Not a complete fan of the idea myself, but I feel like discussing it because it just popped into my head. Impulsive and stupid of me, yes, but some people on these boards still like discussing wrestling, I hope.

Right now, I personally find Randy Orton boring. Some love him, and think he is the hottest heel the WWE has, but I think the IWC nickname "Blandy Boreton" is still very applicable. The time when Randy Orton was most enjoyable, was probably his stint in Evolution.

Now, some were not too big on the original Evolution stable. Some felt it was a Four Horsemen knock-off, and others felt that it was a power play to keep Triple H World Heavyweight Champion passed off as creating a heel entity for faces to break through and triumph over, while creating young stars in Randy Orton and Batista (who, it turns out, is not that young).

Now, in kayfabe terms, Randy Orton was kicked out of Evolution, and still has negative feelings towards the group (as evidenced by him wanting to be known for Rated-RKO, which I considered "The Edge Show"), but what better way to taunt Triple H and Ric Flair then to form his own incarnation of the stable?

All Randy Orton would need is a respected veteran to second his present as the past, and a protoge or two (I'm leaning towards two) to be the future. Then maybe an enforcer and a woman (I always thought Evolution would have been great with Victoria, or someone).

Part of me is probably just jonsing for Orton to get back Line in the Sand as an entrance theme, but part of me is also wanting Randy Orton to be useful. I think this could be very useful, as Orton seems the type of heel to surround himself in company. Well, he seems that kind of heel when he's at his best.

Pardeep 619
01-13-2008, 09:06 AM
At this moment in time I think him forming a new Evolution would be a bad thing. I personally don't think he's in a position at the moment to help give younger guys a rub. Considering they're hellbent on pushing him, WWE should concentrate on his character development instead of possibly thinking of helping him get greener guys over.

Mr. Nerfect
01-13-2008, 09:19 AM
That's a fair enough point. I do not disagree. I'm wondering if Randy Orton himself needs to be around other people (no matter how green they are) if he is to be at his full potential. I can't claim to have enjoyed too much solo Orton. I think he's just a guy that "works" in a group.

Pardeep 619
01-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Randy Orton could maybe do with some henchmen from time to time, such as Cade and Murdoch or even Umaga, but not be part of a stable with them

Anybody Thrilla
01-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Orton's character right now seems like a serious loner. Sure he appreciates the help in the form of Umaga from time to time, but it doesn't seem like he'd want to go grab a beer with the guy after Raw. I'm not sure a stable would be good for him right now, and I actually think he's pretty great right now. He's a heel with a real 'old school' feel. Whatever it takes, and what not.

St. Jimmy
01-13-2008, 01:15 PM
As long as you put Trips in Flair's role. Yes. Also, put the belt on Trips.

Gerard
01-13-2008, 01:21 PM
All Randy Orton would need is a respected veteran

For a second i read that as "orton is a respected veteran" :rofl:

.44 Magdalene
01-13-2008, 01:30 PM
As a general rule, "a new _(Old Stable Name Here)_ stable" equals a bad idea.

Anybody Thrilla
01-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Unless that stable is Los Boricuas, of course.

Mr. Nerfect
01-14-2008, 02:10 AM
Orton's character right now seems like a serious loner. Sure he appreciates the help in the form of Umaga from time to time, but it doesn't seem like he'd want to go grab a beer with the guy after Raw. I'm not sure a stable would be good for him right now, and I actually think he's pretty great right now. He's a heel with a real 'old school' feel. Whatever it takes, and what not.

That's true. I don't envision Orton changing his character much with a potential stable much, at all, though. I mean, Triple H was always kind of a dick that was out for himself. There were nights were they kayfabe acknowledged that it was all about Triple H and the World Championship.

I could see Orton getting a few kids, slapping them around, getting them to carry his luggage, and then have angry meetings where they talk about how they need to help Orton knock off the old guard, and do their jobs and protect him, take the bullets, etc.

Jeritron
01-14-2008, 02:20 AM
At this point, I don't think things are right for it. There'd have to be an older heel to represent a mentor role, and Orton needs to get more identifiable as "the present".

I think a corporation with Vince would be a far better choice.

Mr. Nerfect
01-14-2008, 04:47 AM
I'm hungry for a new Corporation, too. Vince practically has Umaga under his thumb in storyline terms, so they might as well make it official.

I still think that a Corporation starring John Cena and Bobby Lashley under Vince would be amazing television.

Hanso Amore
01-14-2008, 06:22 AM
I'm hungry for a new Corporation, too. Vince practically has Umaga under his thumb in storyline terms, so they might as well make it official.

I still think that a Corporation starring John Cena and Bobby Lashley under Vince would be amazing television.

Might as well just call them the New 2 Man Power Trip.