PDA

View Full Version : Why the WWE should not target the child demographic...

Mr. Nerfect
01-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Taken from Rajah in regards to a SmackDown!/ECW house show:

Nothing major happened during the show... Only things I would make note of from the matches was Rey favoring his left arm (shaking it out as if trying to get feeling back in it) after the match was over... Taker was favoring his right hip and was hitting it as he left the ring with Kane... He took some pretty hard bumps with Henry and V in the match...

Overall it was one of the better house shows I have seen... Crowd was into it and the wrestlers really played well to crowd reactions while working the matches clean and quick... There was only one messed up move on the night that I can remember and that was a double clothes line where Miz over sold and Hawkins no sold the move and just fell almost like he fainted...

Funny side notes:

When Burke was walking back up the entrance a fan reached out and slapped him on the stomach which led to an altercation between Burke and the fan that was in the age range of 13-15 years old... I would say it was in character at first, but then got heated after a few exchanging of words...

The during the Big V & Mark Henry vs Taker & Kane match - Matt Striker was running from Taker and put his hand on the guard rail and a kid that was 7 or 8 hit his hand... Striker played it off like a pro over hyping the hit and crying to the big security guy who "talked" to the fan...

The start to the Edge vs Rey main event... Edge messed with all the fans around the ring wearing Rey mask and there was a 4 or 5 year old with a Rey mask and signs... Edge stole the first sign and tore it up in front of the kid - the little kid started climbing the railing with full intentions to "get" Edge... Once again a great play on the crowd - Edge ran away as if he was semi-scared of the kid... The kid got his brother's sign and Edge once again rolled out of the ring - tore it up and this time the dad had to catch the kid who had one leg over the rail with a clinched fist... Of course, Rey countered by rolling out of the ring and giving the kid his shirt... Great match

After the match - Rey spent about 20 mins going around signing autographs, taking pictures, and climbed the railing to sign shirt, mask, and take pictures with a kid in a wheelchair that was a big Rey fan...

Their was a pretty good crowd outside after the show... Burke taunted the fans and Benjamin signed one or two autographs before "turning" on the fans... Someone taunted him saying "South Carolina Sucks" and then I said "Steve Spurier Can't Play Golf Either" which he said "Now that was funny" before leaving... Miz played to the crowd as he left and Taker was really struggling to walk to his car with McCool carrying his bags and opening his door for him...

The new guy (Jamaican Character) spent about 15 mins outside with the fans signing just about everyone's autographs and talking to them...

He didn't look good in his match vs Domino... Chants of boring quickly came through - he hit a couple of moves that was above average, but nothing to take note about... His mortal combat-like stance really sucked too...

Nattie Neidhart looked really good in her tag match... She actually carried the match with Layla spending most of the time on the apron... Look for a great feud between her and McCool once she gets a push... She too spent about 5 minutes with the fans before apologizing and going to her car because she was cold... Guess that is what happens when you were a thin skirt barely covering business - which I did not mind... lol
The crown jewel of the night...

After a long wait on Rey to come out... Rey, MVP, and Chavo got in their van - when the crowd started chanting "Rey! Rey! Rey!" he came over to the fans (without mask) then the van pulled up next to him less than 10 ft away from the fans and MVP grabbed him and threw him in the back (kidnap fashion) and sped off leaving about 20 fans cussing mad with me and my friend laughing at the gimmick and the fans...

Mr. Nerfect
01-15-2008, 04:31 PM
That's three instances in one show where kids needed to get the shit smacked out of them. I mean, these kids sound seriously retarded and annoying. Also, I'm fairly certain Elijah Burke would have been in character. The guy is pretty good with that kind of shit, like when he sold the knee in the Extreme Rules Match after WrestleMania, and people thought he was legit injured.

Also, this might make me sound callous (pun intended), but I hope The Undertaker is injured and needs time off. I do not want to see him in yet another WrestleMania main event.

Theo Dious
01-15-2008, 05:09 PM
That's three instances in one show where <s>kids</s> parents needed to get the shit smacked out of them.

Look, I was going to wrestling shows at 11, and if I had tried any of that shit I'd have a permanent limp today.

Kane Knight
01-15-2008, 05:26 PM
I want to see Triple H pick a fight with an 8 year old who was booing him.

Xero
01-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Look, I was going to wrestling shows at 11, and if I had tried any of that shit I'd have a permanent limp today.

Back in my day, when you backtalked a wrestler at a show you'd have a boot up your ass and a mudhole walked dry!

Mr. Nerfect
01-15-2008, 05:29 PM

Well, that is indirectly what I was implying. Those kids need to learn from their parents that they aren't able to get away with shit like that.

DAMN iNATOR
01-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Also, this might make me sound callous (pun intended), but I hope The Undertaker is injured and needs time off. I do not want to see him in yet another WrestleMania main event.

Are you looking for a fight?:rant::mad:

Mr. Nerfect
01-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Are you looking for a fight?:rant::mad:

Sorry, DAMN, but I am not a Taker fan.

NeanderCarl
01-16-2008, 04:20 AM
When I was a kid, I got a smack in the mouth for giving Klondyke Kate a mouthful of abuse at a show.

NeanderCarl
01-16-2008, 04:21 AM
By the way, this is Klondyke Kate.

http://www.britishwrestling.cwc.net/kate1.jpg

This bitch hits you, you fucking run, you don't hit back. Even now.

Mr. Nerfect
01-16-2008, 04:52 AM
By the way, this is Klondyke Kate.

http://www.britishwrestling.cwc.net/kate1.jpg

This bitch hits you, you fucking run, you don't hit back. Even now.

Were you smacked by Kate or by someone accompanying you?

NeanderCarl
01-16-2008, 04:57 AM
Nah, she fucking nailed me in the entrance way/aisle section :lol:

Mr. Nerfect
01-16-2008, 04:59 AM
Nah, she fucking nailed me in the entrance way/aisle section :lol:

Haha, I take it she wasn't one of those women who got into the business for the entertainment aspect, then.

NeanderCarl
01-16-2008, 04:59 AM
By the way, that wasn't an euphemism.

NeanderCarl
01-16-2008, 05:00 AM
Haha, I take it she wasn't one of those women who got into the business for the entertainment aspect, then.

She's a vet, she was quite a household name back when British wrestling was televised over here.

Maybe by this point she was bitter that her career and fame had dwindled.

Destor
01-16-2008, 05:03 AM
Sounds like an old school heel man. I really miss the old days.

Mr. Nerfect
01-16-2008, 05:03 AM
Beating little kids, all she would have needed was a surname like "Klark" and she would have been the greatest heel of all-time.

Mr. Nerfect
01-16-2008, 05:04 AM
It's sad that women like her never really get a chance to shine in the major promotions. At least she seemed to make a name for herself over there.

Destor
01-16-2008, 05:06 AM
It's says on the ticket stubs that you enter at your own risk basically. With a clause like that children should be accosted on every program.

Preferably by Mr. Kennedy.

Theo Dious
01-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Nah, she fucking nailed me in the entrance way/aisle section.

By the way, that wasn't an euphemism.

Well, that just got sigged.

The Lone Wolf
01-16-2008, 07:27 PM
I would not put too much emphasis on how Kofi wrestled if he was in a match with Domino since i have never seen him put on a good match even with some talented opponents.

Mr. Nerfect
01-16-2008, 07:33 PM
I would not put too much emphasis on how Kofi wrestled if he was in a match with Domino since i have never seen him put on a good match even with some talented opponents.

LOL. Good point.

Honestly, I have heard consistent reports that Kofi Kingston has not been fantastic on house shows and dark matches, which is a shame, because in the developmental system, he was really fucking solid.