PDA

View Full Version : Is it in WWE's best interest to use TNA as a training ground of sorts for talent?

Nark Order
01-18-2008, 11:20 PM
With rumors soaring around of guys like Chris Harris and Ron Killings goin to WWE, is it in WWE's best interest to keep grabbing talent from them? If they keep offering these TNA guys bigger contracts and get them to jump ship, it almost makes TNA look like an OVW equivalent. If they use TNA as a scouting ground, it makes TNA look low and it drains them of much needed talent. Also, do you think WWE will actually use these guys or are they just trying to snag them away from TNA?

Fignuts
01-19-2008, 12:38 AM
Do you think wwe cares about that?

The Lone Wolf
01-19-2008, 12:48 AM
i think that the wwe will get anybody they want before they even go to tna. plus the wwe is not interested in the smaller wrestlers anyway.

Kane Knight
01-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Weren't both your examples already in WWE?

Nark Order
01-19-2008, 06:39 PM
I knew Killings was, had no idea about Harris. When was he employed by WWE?

Mr. JL
01-19-2008, 06:49 PM
I believe Chris Harris used to be a WCW jobber/nWo Sting.

Indifferent Clox
01-19-2008, 07:02 PM
I like that I'm in your sig I will add a quote from you

Dorkchop
01-19-2008, 07:09 PM
I believe Chris Harris used to be a WCW jobber/nWo Sting.

NWO Sting is actually a wrestler by the name of Jeff Farmer.

Mr. Nerfect
01-19-2008, 08:19 PM

I think Chris Harris did play a fake Sting, though.

Kane Knight
01-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Did Harris not have some time in WWE as well as WCW?

I could have swore he did.

Nark Order
01-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Are you thining of Frankie Kazarian? Cause he had a short stint in WWE. I don't recall Harris though.

Xerzes
01-20-2008, 04:39 AM

Holy crap, I was right. I'd never bothered to look up who NWO Sting was, but I always thought he looked just like Cobra. Cobra had a feud on WCW Saturday Night with Craig Pittman, with it based on some vague "He left me behind in the war!" business, and somehow Cobra was the heel despite being the guy left behind. Whatever. Just looked up Jeff Farmer on OWW after reading this. Yeah, same guy, and I'm awesome.

Chavo Classic
01-20-2008, 06:53 AM
Yes.

The problem with OVW and FCW is that the trainers are developing the talent in exactly the same manner, not to mention also only pushing the talent who meet the big hoss criteria (with the exception of perhaps CM Punk and one or two of the Spirit Squad).

In the long term, and even though the WWE doesn't realise it at the moment, it needs to take in new recruits who aren't trained the WWE way, because they're all the fucking same. Having three or four on the roster who are different technically is the best way to spice up the program. This is the reason why guys like Danielson are being encouraged by veterans in the business to continue as an indy and tour the world, picking up new skills and incorporating new aspects to his performance, before joining the big show.

A program full of clones hasn't yeilded any results. The WWE needs to accept that it will have to thinki outside the box before the new crest of popularity takes off, and recruiting talent from other sources than their own is the best way to do this. This won't necessarily come in the form of Killings or Harris (and in the past Monty Brown or Kazarian), but fresh blood and fresh ideas are essential.

Look at the relative success of CM Punk. Here's a guy who outpopped DX and keeps ECW afloat with the help of Chavo and Elijan Burke, but just looking at him, you've got to question how well he would have done in the WWE without developing his gimmick, promos and ring style in ROH for all those years.

6to1
01-20-2008, 11:58 AM
yea they need to use tna like they used the old ecw buy the good ones

Vastardikai
01-21-2008, 02:47 AM
Chavo another intruiging example (not as good as Punk, but definitely noteworthy) is Trevor Murdoch, who only briefly worked in OVW before being called up. He had a brief run in TNA and had his skills honed by Harley. In many regards, he has quite the cult following.

Kane Knight
01-21-2008, 09:27 AM
yea they need to use tna like they used the old ecw buy the good ones

What good ones? Most of the ones they'd care about are guys they fired. :D