PDA

View Full Version : A Night at the Opera

El Vaquero de Infierno
01-19-2008, 11:18 AM
After pretty much ignoring Queen until this point I decided to check out one of their albums, that album being "A Night at the Opera." I have to say this album kicks some serious ass, and as such I want some more! So to the Queen fans in the forum (KK and Jon-lad), what are the best albums to get next?

Also, anybody else recently got into a well-known band that they have ignored for whatever reason until now?

:wave:

Kane Knight
01-19-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm partial to Queen II and Innuendo, myself.

Almost every record has some great cuts, as well as some drek. I mean, I love the band, but there's almost always a schlocky track or two. Queen (ST) Is decent, if you can stand the horrible production it's worth it for the raw heaviness.

I only first listened to Kiss a couple of years back.

The Mask
01-19-2008, 03:39 PM
get sheer heart attack and listen to stone cold crazy. then reminisce about our walks home from school talking about metallica. that seems like fucking forever ago now :'(

also, i prefer a day at the races to a night at the opera.

KK is pretty much right, nearly all the albums have gems but a bunch of songs i don't much care for either. there are a few that are consistant. Innuendo is great if you factor into it the fact freddie was on his last legs at the time.

El Vaquero de Infierno
01-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks, lads. I will get onto them as soon as my bank balance permits.

We had some good times on the walk home from school, Jon-lad.

Hahaha, I can remember the time you had to leggit to the sports centre to use the toilet before you would shat yourself. :lol: Good times.

WestNZ
01-26-2008, 03:34 AM
anything but Jazz and you will be fine

So, as far as A Night at the Opera, what track do you like the most.

For me it was "'39" and "A Pro[phets Song". Both works of art

Kane Knight
01-26-2008, 09:17 AM
I dunno. Comparing Jazz to The Game, I think I'd give the nod to Jazz.

And Hot Space is one of the most hated Queen albums by Queen fans, though I enjoy it.

WestNZ
01-27-2008, 03:28 AM
i liked Hot Space, because to me it was way different to anything i had at the time, and it grew on me.

Kane Knight
01-27-2008, 09:28 AM
It's certainly got its merits.