PDA

View Full Version : Santino's Corner - This man is a comic genius

Rob
01-20-2008, 04:57 PM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/none/2008/january15-21/6242586

Genius!

Jura
01-20-2008, 05:00 PM
This kind of reminds me of the other thread named Santino's corner down towards the bottom.

Heyman
01-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Santino is awesome, but the WWE have to be careful here.

If they make him job too much, and NEVER get a clean pinfall victory over an top-tier credible opponent, then he'll become a joke. The fans will have a hard time taking him seriously, and he'll end up becoming like Christian and Carlitto (i.e. a perennial mid-carder).

I'd much rather see Santino be pushed similarly to Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero (i.e. have that funny side, but also have the serious side.....and have him go cleanly over top level opponents).

Theo Dious
01-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Santino is the greatest. He even provides his own catering.

Mr. JL
01-20-2008, 06:27 PM
lol Santino

Dorkchop
01-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Santino is awesome, but the WWE have to be careful here.

If they make him job too much, and NEVER get a clean pinfall victory over an top-tier credible opponent, then he'll become a joke. The fans will have a hard time taking him seriously, and he'll end up becoming like Christian and Carlitto (i.e. a perennial mid-carder).

I'd much rather see Santino be pushed similarly to Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero (i.e. have that funny side, but also have the serious side.....and have him go cleanly over top level opponents).

In defense of Christian, he was always pretty damn over. Towards the end of his WWE days he got pretty big pops. He was main event material.... it's just WWE who kept him as a mid carder.

Skippord
01-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Now if he were a decent wrestler we'd really be onto something

or if he were funny

Kane Knight
01-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Now if he were a decent wrestler we'd really be onto something

or if he were funny

GD
01-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Santino needs a push to the ecw.

Skippord
01-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Santino needs a push off a cliff.

Mr. Pierre
01-21-2008, 03:01 AM
Santino's the man on the mic, as a heel.

But his in-ring in the E thus far has been pretty shitty

Heros Welcome
01-21-2008, 03:08 AM
Santino is always a great highlight of RAW each week he is on the mic.

I would have to agree with Mr. Pierre on his in ring thus far not being very sharp.

What I would like to see is what Randy Heymoss was talking about in having Santino have the funny side, but when its time to get serious he slaps on his game face and gets ready to go. From what I saw from his Boris Alexiev stuff from OVW he seems very capable of playing a serious badass in the ring. I hope they let Santino develop a mean streak in the ring, while still keeping his hilarious antics out of it.

Tommy Gunn
01-21-2008, 03:34 AM
That was the best.

Indifferent Clox
01-21-2008, 03:47 AM
Santino is always a great highlight of RAW each week he is on the mic.

I would have to agree with Mr. Pierre on his in ring thus far not being very sharp.

What I would like to see is what Randy Heymoss was talking about in having Santino have the funny side, but when its time to get serious he slaps on his game face and gets ready to go. From what I saw from his Boris Alexiev stuff from OVW he seems very capable of playing a serious badass in the ring. I hope they let Santino develop a mean streak in the ring, while still keeping his hilarious antics out of it.

LOL at someone actually reffering to Heyman as Randy Heymoss.

Not that there is a reason why you wouldn't, it's just hilarious to see.

In case you don't know everyone changed there name this year for the superbowl.

I'm gonna change mine to Clox Brady.

Mr. Nerfect
01-21-2008, 05:22 AM
Santino is the funniest man in the WWE, and he's not as bad in the ring as people make out. He's more than competent. Once again, you are a fool if you judge him for matches against Chris Masters.

Dave Youell
01-21-2008, 06:01 AM
I don’t know why everyone shits on Santino’s in ring work

He was brought in as a fluke champ who was never meant to look competent in the ring, I enjoyed the MMA aspects he brought in his early matches, then he dropped the title and got injured, then started his heel turn. From that point on as far as heels go he is getting the lower order guys or just putting over Austin. Plus he’s meant to be playing a chicken shit/cocky heel. Someone like Orton or Kennedy is pushed to be having good matches, Santino isn’t about good matches, his gimmick is bigger than his wrestling, the stuff he does in the ring, whilst basic, is by no means sub standard

KingofOldSchool
01-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Actually his matches the last few weeks on Heat haven't been half bad.

Mr. Nerfect
01-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Thank you, Dave. Thank you, KoOS.

Jeritron
01-21-2008, 09:15 AM
That would have ended 10x better if it said "Catering by Maria" after his name for everything else