PDA

View Full Version : Royal Rumble Intervals: Booooo.

Xero
01-22-2008, 10:41 AM
From PWInsider:

Erik Ganzerli sent this item. ... I don't know if you already mentioned this, but during the Preview Show which is airing in the United Kingdom on Sky's PPV channel Jack Korpela mentioned commenting the Royal Rumble Match that the superstars in the match will enter with an interval of 90 seconds between each other. Last time the match had a 90 seconds interval between each enter was in 2006 and the match was halfway through the show.

The Lone Wolf
01-22-2008, 10:51 AM
I would like the rumble to be half way through the show since that would push the wwe title match for the main event thus increaseing jeff hardys chance of winning since i dont think they wouldput that big of spot in the middle of the show.

BigDaddyCool
01-22-2008, 10:54 AM
I'll be honest, Orton v Hardy is one of the few matches I've really been looking foward. Mostly because it could go either way. Orton isn't a big enough star to constantly win, and Jeff could finally get his title run only to lose it at mania.

Xero
01-22-2008, 10:55 AM
I still can't see Hardy going into Mania as the champion. Challenger, sure, but not champion.

BigDaddyCool
01-22-2008, 11:03 AM
I still can't see Hardy going into Mania as the champion. Challenger, sure, but not champion.

That is because you are short sighted. See, HHH or HBK are winning the rumble. The kliq likes to take as much as they can from people. So they will make someone a champion just so they can be the ones to take it from them, duh.

Dave Youell
01-22-2008, 11:22 AM
After the way Raw ended this week, I really doubt that Jeff is going over, he's been looking too strong, waaaay too strong. Orton hasn't got the upper hand on him once, with the exception of kicking his brother in the head

It would kill any momentum that Orton has, unless he wins it back at NWO, but again I don’t see that happening, as this feud can’t really get much more intense, they can’t out-do anything that’s been done really.

KingofOldSchool
01-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Orton is winning the title match, Taker is winning the Rumble, and HHH is winning the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out.

TerranRich
01-22-2008, 12:49 PM
The intervals mean shit. The timer goes off when it's appropriate for the action in the ring at the time. I've seen it go from one minute to three minutes, randomly. 90 seconds my ass. Believe it when I see it.

D Mac
01-22-2008, 01:09 PM
No the Rumble should be last because it's the fucking name of the show.

And it should be 2 min. :mad:

Mr. Pierre
01-22-2008, 02:46 PM
I thought it's been '90 seconds' for a while now....?

Kane Knight
01-22-2008, 04:09 PM
The intervals mean shit. The timer goes off when it's appropriate for the action in the ring at the time. I've seen it go from one minute to three minutes, randomly. 90 seconds my ass. Believe it when I see it.

I think the main issue is the notion that the Rumble's taking second place to something else, which is still only an assumption. But yeah, the intervals are kinda...Well, bullshit.

Team Sheep
01-22-2008, 04:12 PM
The only reason the Rumble wasn't the main event in 2006 was because The Undertaker detonated the ring after the Angle v Henry main event to end the show.

Evil Vito
01-22-2008, 04:24 PM
<font color=goldenrod>The interval changes every year, and in some years where its two minutes they blatantly shorten the intervals during periods when not much is going on.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Yeah, the intervals are never exact. Doing some research, apparently it has been 90 seconds for a while, but who knows. If you trust this article, it makes me question whether or not we'll get an early drawing winner.

The only reason you should theoretically have shorter intervals, is to shorten the length of the match. It's not like the Rumble card is packed this year, even assuming the other matches do take time. I have a feeling that the shorter intervals (both Michael Cole and Jack Korpela have advertised 90 second entry periods) are to get a guy who enters at the beginning through to the end.

My bet: Triple H enters #1, wins the Rumble, and they play it like the greatest Rumble win of all-time.

Kane Knight
01-22-2008, 10:41 PM
That's a fairly safe bet. I mean, I really hate to say it, but it is.

Mr. Nerfect
01-23-2008, 12:25 AM
That's a fairly safe bet. I mean, I really hate to say it, but it is.

I know. :(

There's also the whole "Benoit factor" to support it. You just know the WWE is looking for someone to wash away the memory that Chris Benoit was the last guy to win from the #1 position.

NeanderCarl
01-23-2008, 03:32 AM
90 seconds is about spot on.

They tried 60 seconds in 1995 and it was too short, the Rumble felt rushed, and Shawn Michaels' "first to win from the Number 1 slot" bragging rites were tarnished by the fact the match only lasted about half an hour anyway.

Two minutes is fine when you've got enough star power and creative booking for the match to stay hot (1992) but can drag on a lot when you haven't (1993).

90 seconds is a happy medium, but as somebody already said, they never stick to the exact intervals anyway. They send the next guy out as and when they feel like.

D Mac
01-23-2008, 03:55 AM
Just as long as the Rumble is last.

Afterlife
01-23-2008, 08:41 AM
I thought it's been '90 seconds' for a while now....?

Being persistant about doing something improperly doesn't make it the right way to do it.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-23-2008, 09:20 AM
My guess for this rumble is that we will see Khali, Taker, Kane, BDV, Mark Henry, Umaga and Snitsky all in the ring having a big staredown between them all, and as they run at each other to fight the ring explodes and all the lights go out. When the lights come back on the ref is holding up Triple H's hand as the winner.

NeanderCarl
01-23-2008, 10:30 AM
My guess for this rumble is that we will see Khali, Taker, Kane, BDV, Mark Henry, Umaga and Snitsky all in the ring having a big staredown between them all, and as they run at each other to fight the ring explodes and all the lights go out. When the lights come back on the ref is holding up Triple H's hand as the winner.

And everyone instantly comes online and bitches about the "same old shit". :roll:

.44 Magdalene
01-23-2008, 12:17 PM
...When the lights come back on the ref is holding up Triple H's baby as the winner.

Volare
01-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Orton is winning the title match, Taker is winning the Rumble, and HHH is winning the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out.

I wonder who will eliminate Trips then, and probably start a feud into NWO...Orton jumping in and tossing him over would probably make sense to make it look like Orton dosen't wanna face Trips

...then again nothing makes sense anymore.

Mr. Nerfect
01-24-2008, 12:11 AM
If anyone eliminates Triple H, I have a feeling it will be Batista, Ric Flair (somehow getting into the match), or Randy Orton (entering after losing the WWE Championship).

Mr. Nerfect
01-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Umaga is also a long shot.