PDA

View Full Version : Oh thank God *RAW Spoilers*

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Randy Orton vs. John Cena is happening at No Way Out. Cena should definitely win his fourth WWE Championship then, and go on to face Chris Jericho at WrestleMania. Of course, what we're going to get is John Cena vs. Triple H II.

It'll at least be better than Orton/Cena.

hb2k
01-28-2008, 10:29 PM
No. It wouldn't.

Orton Vs. Cena being blown with a 3 weeks build is so monumentally stupid.

McLegend
01-28-2008, 10:32 PM
No. It wouldn't.

Yeah this makes no sense.

The whole fuckin thing is stupid.

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2008, 10:35 PM
No. It wouldn't.

Yes. It would. Orton vs. Cena taking place in the main event of WrestleMania has "epic flop" written all over it. Both men are forced main eventers that are just not catching on as they should. I have zero interest in either man.

You can argue the whole "it needs a build-up" side all you want, but in the end you need to build up to something, and building up to Orton vs. Cena is like having sex only to finish with an old guy.

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Yeah this makes no sense.

The whole fuckin thing is stupid.

Serves the WWE right for having Cena win the Rumble. Whose fucking bright idea was that?

Destor
01-28-2008, 10:42 PM
You're not being very optimistic prime right now 'Noid.

McLegend
01-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Cena winning the rumble is fine. I don't have a problem with it at all.

If Orton is winning that Rumble match it makes no sense to take the belt off him at No way out. Just let him it carry to WrestleMania.

HHH just loves fuckin over Orton it seems.

Hardy/Cena still would have been the best WM match possible though, but whatever. Orton/Cena is number 2 best matchup.

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2008, 10:47 PM
You're not being very optimistic prime right now 'Noid.

Nope. The WWE have won.

Destor
01-28-2008, 10:48 PM
:'(

Sting Fan
01-28-2008, 11:25 PM
I know its said a lot but how did they manage to fuck this one up?

You had Jeff Hardy the hottest property too hit the top of the card since the fucking attitude era (slight exageration but only slight) and a returning Cena who love him or hate him gets people talking.

Hardy should have taken the belt, Cena wins the Rumble and turns heel after match or on Raw at the latest and you have a fresh (OMFG) feud to run into Mania with two guys who would almost certainly have some red hot heat behind them.

Fuck me dead how do the WWE do it, everytime an opportunity presents itself they go buy some magic Cena, HHH or Tista beans to use for another year.

Ruien
01-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Who the hell is going to let Jeff Hardy go and main event WM? Yes he has the momentum, but by god its Jeff Hardy and WM. I would rather see 2 great wrestlers in the ring. And I like Cena in the ring, I just hate his damn gimmick.

Mr. Pierre
01-28-2008, 11:39 PM
It would be nice if they held off on Taker/Edge until Summerslam or something, and they went with Edge vs. Jeff Hardy and Undertaker vs. HBK at Mania.

Even though I really want to see Undertaker vs. Edge..I just think Edge/Hardy benefits Hardy and the huge roll he's on.

The chances of it happening though are very slim, since the writing for Undertaker/Edge has been done really well, and I don't think they'll drop it now.

Heyman
01-28-2008, 11:42 PM
I know its said a lot but how did they manage to fuck this one up?

You had Jeff Hardy the hottest property too hit the top of the card since the fucking attitude era (slight exageration but only slight) and a returning Cena who love him or hate him gets people talking.

Maybe this is just my opinion, but I think it was a GOOD idea on the WWE's part to NOT let Jeff Hardy win the title.....yet. (Yes...you read that right).

YES - Jeff Hardy is sizzling right now, but there's always a danger in pushing someone too fast. Rey Mysterio was 'sizzling' once upon a time as well, and we see saw what happened there.

In my opinion - the WWE should put Jeff in some more high profile feuds....before giving him the title. Have Jeff feud (and go over) Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho. In the summer, the WWE can get then put the strap on Hardy.

Hardy should have taken the belt, Cena wins the Rumble and turns heel after match or on Raw at the latest and you have a fresh (OMFG) feud to run into Mania with two guys who would almost certainly have some red hot heat behind them.

I disagree. IMO - Cena is PERFECT right now.

Fuck me dead how do the WWE do it, everytime an opportunity presents itself they go buy some magic Cena, HHH or Tista beans to use for another year.

The WWE are well aware of Jeff Hardy's popularity. I think they're doing the right thing by not pushing him too fast. Let the guy get a few more credibile wins first. He's already beaten Triple H and Umaga. Let him go over HBK and Jericho to further establish himself.

Right now - as amazing as Hardy has been the last few months, I STILL don't think he's a legit main-event guy right now. The last thing we want, is Rey Mysterio part deux (where people only cheer the guy because he's a popular underdog....and then stop caring about him once he wins the title).

Shadow
01-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Who the hell is going to let Jeff Hardy go and main event WM? Yes he has the momentum, but by god its Jeff Hardy and WM. I would rather see 2 great wrestlers in the ring. And I like Cena in the ring, I just hate his damn gimmick.

Hi...the person who would have love to see Jeff Hardy main event the biggest stage in the wrestling industry would've been me. THAT'S WHO JACKASS!

And his opponent could've been a nice fresh heel Cena....what a waste.

mike627
01-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Cena/HHH II ugh. how brillant.

redoneja
01-29-2008, 12:44 AM
My guess is Cena/HHH II with HHH getting his win back over Cena, like they were planning for Mania 23 until Trips tore his quad.

Corkscrewed
01-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Not sure how Cena/HHH II is better than Cena/Orton. Cena already beat HHH. So having him win again would do nothing for him, and having HHH win would nullify Cena's past win... and do nothing.

The writers are basically scrambling for the cheapest quick fix they can find. It's pretty sad how completely inept at long term booking they've become.

Shaggy
01-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Triple H Vs Cena would be great-------if the went with Cena turning heel. Cena had a great reaction when coming to the ring at the rumble but was booed like crazy when he was fighting Triple H. As much as I hate Cena I guess if he has to win the belt at No Way Out then I would love to see him lose it a month later at Mania....

But we all know Cena never loses....

SammyG
01-29-2008, 01:05 AM
I do not wanna see Cena HHH again. No way. I want Cena Jericho.

Destor
01-29-2008, 01:10 AM
Yeah, cause watching Cena squash Jericho again is something we need to see.

FourFifty
01-29-2008, 03:06 AM
Since the Batista/Undertaker Hell In A Cell at SS and the ref called for a fucking rope break on a submission, and Finlay got DQ'ed from the rumble, I'm just gonna say let it be Jeircho vs HBK or Jeff Hardy vs HHH.
Fuck logic, fuck Cena, and fuck Orton.

Heyman
01-29-2008, 03:33 AM
PREDICTION: Either Triple H defeats John Cena cleanly at Mania (face vs. face), or John Cena defeats Triple H with Vince's help (a la 2001 where the heel turn occurred during the match).

Dave Youell
01-29-2008, 04:21 AM
I’m annoyed that it’s not going to be Cena/Orton at mania for a few reasons:

It tarnishes winning the rumble IMO as you don’t get to main event wrestle mania as a right
Cena and Orton are the 2 young franchise players in the WWE and they are the future, this is the feud everyone wanted to see a few years back, it should be main eventing Mania
No one wants to see Cena/HHH again, in fact I don’t think it should be a face/face match at all at Mania.

What really depresses me is Hardy, I’d love for him to win the chamber, I know it’s not going to happen, but I’d still like it. I’ve got some idea’s to help him, but I’ll find a Hardy thread for that.

Basically this Orton/Cena feud will kill Orton, unless they do the unthinkable and let Orton win, then an Orton/HHH match would be expectable at Mania, is Cena wins it makes him again look like superman and completely destroys the rest of the roster, as Orton was making comment about how he’s beaten every main eventer on Raw, meaning he’s top dog, if Cena rolls over him with 3 weeks build in a normal one on one match, what does that do for Orton’s push?

Cena doesn’t need the title or a win at NWO, him jobbing would be the only thing that I would enjoy, and not because I want to see him lose, but I think it’s the best thing for the whole company

Avenger
01-29-2008, 04:25 AM
Yes. It would. Orton vs. Cena taking place in the main event of WrestleMania has "epic flop" written all over it. Both men are forced main eventers that are just not catching on as they should. I have zero interest in either man.
Cena is the most over guy in the WWE, how is he not catching on as he should?

He's pulling big numbers all over the board, how is he not catching on?

Dave Youell
01-29-2008, 04:43 AM
Actually, Noid, I'm ashamed to know you right now, you're an optimist dammit!

Inadequacy
01-29-2008, 06:55 AM
Lol, Noid lost his smile.

I hope that doesn't put an end to his crazy long posts though, those are my biggest guilty pleasure.

Mr. JL
01-29-2008, 06:56 AM
Either which way the WWE decides to go from here to WrestleMania 24... I think they've really cluster fucked the whole situation.

The CyNick
01-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Watched most of RAW last night, I try to give the WWE a harder look around this time because the build to Mania is usually pretty good.

I got the feeling they are setting up a triple threat match. All three guys have histopry with each other, and that way it makes the Rumble win still meaningful (cena will be in the main event) and the EC win be important too (with HHH being in the main event as well).

Also, if they go singles matches (either HHH vs Cena or HHH vs Orton), where would that leave the odd man out? Unless they have something huge in mind like say Cena vs Hogan, then I dont see either guy being left out of the title picture.

I also cant see them turning Cena heel. Ive read a lot of the threads on here about doing that, but I just cant see it. Cena appeals to the kids, and from what i've been reading kids make up a larger part of the audience nowadays than they did say 5 years ago. So if they lose their "hero" they might stop watching. Would be like turning Hogan heel in the 80s.

Seems like a lot of people wanted Jeff Hardy to win the belt, which is very odd for me to hear Jeff being the Internet's new favourite son. One thing to consider is that with the now annual MITB ladder match, this is a PERFECT spot for Jeff to get a huge win, and then re-establish himself as a top contender for the title. I like the idea of him facing Edge for the title over on SD, because on RAW you've got Cena and HHH that will likely be dominating the title picture for some time. Plus I just like the dynamic better over on SD with the old Hardy Boyz-E+C rivalry being conteseted now for the World Title.

Has there been any talk of what happens to the SD title, in terms of determining a #1 contender? Seems like SD is really getting the shaft in all of this. RAW guy wins the Rumble, and now the EC is all RAW guys. Gonna be hard for SD to compete with that.