PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - Would a "Jeff Hardy for Dave Batista" trade be PERFECT for the WWE?

Heyman
01-29-2008, 04:58 AM
Preface: I post this knowing fully well that this won't happen in a million years. :(

DISCUSSION - Would a "Jeff Hardy for Dave Batista" trade be PERFECT for the WWE?

Basically - Dave Batista gets traded to RAW for Jeff Hardy. Batista then takes Hardy's spot in the elimination chamber match.

A few potential advantages in executing a Dave Batista for Jeff Hardy trade:

A) By trading Jeff Hardy for Batista one-for-one, it makes Jeff look good (i.e. someone that's on Batista's level). In the storylines, it can be explained that Smackdown wants an up-coming megastar, while RAW wants a top guy NOW.

B) It allows Jeff Hardy to become a World champ. I was thinking about this tonight, and I came to the realization that perhaps Jeff will NEVER be champ on RAW. Perhaps there really is too much politics, etc. On Smackdown, Jeff can atleast have a CHANCE to flourish (and not be given a 'transitional' reign like we saw with Edge on RAW). There are also more 'cruiser' types on Smackdown if I'm not mistaken, and so Jeff's style might mesh better over there.

C) Cena vs. Batista. Cena/Orton and Cena/HHH has been done before. Cena/Batista however, has NOT. If you want to talk about high profile match-ups, then perhaps this would be it. While Triple H may not want to job to a guy like Jeff Hardy in the Elimination Chamber, I think he'd be more willing to job to Batista. Batista then goes on to face Cena. On a semi-related note, it AMAZES me that Cena/Batista has never been done before. :eek:

4) Batista....lockerroom rift on Smackdown. Batista is disliked on the Smackdown roster if I understand correctly. On RAW, he's got his real life Evolution buddies.

Dave Youell
01-29-2008, 05:33 AM
I’ve been thinking that the best path for jeff right now would be:

Win the MITB at Mania, switch to Smackdown and beat Edge for the title at Summerslam

Between this time Matt and Edge can have a feud, but Edge can’t get the job done, Jeff does. Jelously….Hardy brothers feud through the Autum

And Batista to Raw would be fine by me, there’s not a lot else he can do on Smackdown now, same with Taker though and Rey, Smackdown needs a proper shake up

Mr. JL
01-29-2008, 07:00 AM
It would get me watching Smack Down for the first time in YEARS.

Heros Welcome
01-29-2008, 08:27 AM
If Jeff were to go to SD! I might actually start taping it again.

Londoner
01-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Would like for jeff to be on sd. I can see him winning mitb this year and going there since it seems like cena's going to be with the title for the next year.

ClockShot
01-29-2008, 09:53 AM
I threw this idea in my review of the Royal Rumble. I was waiting for Matt Hardy to walk up to Jeff last night and go balisitic on him saying something along the lines of "thanks to you, I will never get a shot at the belt". Worse comes to worse in that scenario they could hook back up for tag action. They got the better crew over at Smackdown for that at this moment I believe. Plus Dancing Dave could get into some fresh feuds minus a title being involved on RAW. Probably would get over huge with the men if he went toe to toe with Cena.

Problem is, how would WWE pull off such a trade at this time?

JH
01-29-2008, 09:57 AM
but if jeff's on sd you know vince will make the hardys go against each other and feud
personally i would'nt want that

The Lone Wolf
01-29-2008, 10:19 AM
I think that it would be good for the wwe because there is nothing left for batista on sd and jeff hardy will only get lost in the shuffle eventually again on raw.

HTrain90
01-29-2008, 03:33 PM
I like this idea, but I don't know if I'd like to see Jeff as a long-term champ just yet. I really like the idea of having Jeff win MITB, then hold onto it and stay on RAW. Have Matt feud with Edge, and have Edge come out of it with Matt ending up "injured" or something after and Edge screwjob. Then have Jeff come to SmackDown! to claim revenge for Matt and take the title at SummerSlam. Have Matt re-enter the fold and have a face v. face feud with Jeff, and let it lead to a Fourway match with Matt, Jeff, Edge, and MVP that sees Edge get the belt back at Survivor Series in a TLC or Ladder match. (assuming they find someone to get the US title from MVP not named Matt Hardy)

Both the Hardy's are made into stars, but SmackDown! doesn't have to rely on Jeff for the long haul -yet. Kind of like a test run to see if he can be a stable champ in the future. Maybe let one of them win the Rumble in '09?

SammyG
01-29-2008, 03:34 PM
I’ve been thinking that the best path for jeff right now would be:

Win the MITB at Mania, switch to Smackdown and beat Edge for the title at Summerslam

Between this time Matt and Edge can have a feud, but Edge can’t get the job done, Jeff does. Jelously….Hardy brothers feud through the Autum

And Batista to Raw would be fine by me, there’s not a lot else he can do on Smackdown now, same with Taker though and Rey, Smackdown needs a proper shake up
Amazing

Porcupine
01-29-2008, 03:44 PM
No!

We cannot have this.

Batista must be on SD! to be the number one contender.

After all, it's his title...