PDA

View Full Version : Wearing Wrestling shirts in public?

Shaggy
01-31-2008, 01:43 AM
Do does everyone here wear there wrestling shirts in public or are they one of those things that you bring out for certain events?

The reason Im asking this is because I know a few people who have some wrestling shirts, but think that its too geeky to wear in public places. They think that the shirts should only be worn to a wrestling event or if you are going to watch the wrestling ppv somewhere.

Is anyone else like this?

Personall I am not...infact all my friends know me as a person either wearing a band t-shirt or a wrestling shirt. Thats pretty much all I wear.

KYR
01-31-2008, 01:55 AM
OK. I'll 'fess up.

I HAVE worn wrestling t-shirts in public in the past, however, since the day some snotty-nosed kid started yelling and screeeeeching at the top of his voice when he saw my ** sigh ** Rock "You bring the ass...I'll bring the whuppin'" t-shirt in the middle of a crowded supermarket and then of course everyone staring at me as though I were a child-molester, I have ceased this public parade of my wrestling merchandise.

All my t's are now confined to wearing around the house or around the pool - the wife had something to do with this decision as well i.e. hid most of them.

Juan
01-31-2008, 01:58 AM
I wore an Undertaker and an HBK shirt when I was in like 6th grade. Since then, this is the only one I've ever worn:

http://www.wrestlingcollectablesonline.com/Website%20pictures/shirt14.gif

redoneja
01-31-2008, 01:59 AM
Whatever floats your boat.

SammyG
01-31-2008, 02:39 AM
lol I see people on campus wearing John Cena and DX shirts.

Fox
01-31-2008, 02:48 AM
I wear my black and white nWo t-shirt to the gym, but that's about it.

FourFifty
01-31-2008, 02:52 AM
Wrestling shirts can be fun in public.

A few months back I was at work and I saw a kid just standing around. Dude couldn't have been more than 10 years old. He was wearing a John Cena shirt. So to the tune of the horns in Cena's theme I started to sing "John Cena Suuuucks! John Cena Suuuucks!" He ran away crying.............................

Last Tuesday I saw him again, and he had a shit eating grin on his face when he saw me. "WHO SUCKS NOW!!?!?!?!?!" His dad looked a little pissed off at that but before his dad could say anything I assured him that I earned that. We had a good laugh over it.

Dave Youell
01-31-2008, 03:47 AM
I wear my Eddie G shirt in public, that’s about it, I tend to wear the rest when I’m at the gym or going to shows

Crazy Nick
01-31-2008, 03:59 AM
I pretty much wear my wrestling shirts all the time, and no one seems to have a problem with me wearing them as well.

Tommy Gunn
01-31-2008, 06:07 AM
I feel like a dick when I wear my MVP shirt in public, the chain looks fuckin stupid on a skinny white boy like me.

Blue Demon
01-31-2008, 06:10 AM
I wore my Hulkamania and ECW shirts in public.....both have since bitten the dust, so I no longer wear them obv. I wear my "Don't be an ass clown" shirt to sleep in.

Indifferent Clox
01-31-2008, 06:29 AM
nwo red and black every once in a while, but only because it's tight and the ladies like it.

Volare
01-31-2008, 06:40 AM
I wear my Trips king of kings shirt and origional DX shirt to the bar and pool hall.

The Ravishing One
01-31-2008, 06:44 AM
I wore my bWo one out in public recently, actually got a few compliments.

I also like wearing the Hulkamania tshirt out.

Inadequacy
01-31-2008, 06:51 AM
I used to wear an old DX shirt before I even watched wrestling just because I liked the big green "X"

Then one time, in grade seven I think, some douchebag yelled "DX sucks!" right in the middle of the hallway and I had no clue what he meant.

The Ravishing One
01-31-2008, 06:54 AM
Anyone wanna buy me the Rick Rude t shirt on eBay for $200/£100?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Original-Ravishing-Rick-Rude-T-Shirt-WWF_W0QQitemZ220036553150QQihZ012QQcategoryZ43368QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Evil Vito
01-31-2008, 06:59 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I really only wear my Eddie G shirt and the SAVE_US shirt in public. The Eddie shirt is the Tribute one and the SAVE_US one is subtle and only a fan would know its a wrestling shirt.</font>

Tornado
01-31-2008, 07:53 AM
Only ones i've worn in public are:

Rated R Superstar (as it's funny and original)

Thats about it.

I would wear the old school Y2J "Sexy Beast" shirt if I had it.

Theo Dious
01-31-2008, 09:50 AM
I don't wear catch phrase shirts because people do yell them at you on the street. I have an old Team Angle shirt though, a Jericho Highlight Reel one and of course an old-school nWo.

The Heenan Family
01-31-2008, 10:44 AM
Absolutely NEVER. I'm too high profile to have that conversation with people. Although they do get busted out for the fantasy football and baseball auctions. Fave t-shirt of all time, the grey Kurt Angle "It's True" t-shirt as well as the vintage "Austin 3:16"

On top of that If I ever had the chance to own a Flair Robe, I'd wear it everywhere all the time.

Heros Welcome
01-31-2008, 11:07 AM
I do wear my wrestling shirts in public. I don't see any problem at all with it. Usually wearing my Punk shirts, Edge, Hero, Sweeney...I don't care what anyone else wears, so why should they care what I wear.

Shaggy
01-31-2008, 11:26 AM
I like wearing my TNA shirts to WWE events at Buffalo Wild Wings. For Rumble I wore my Christian shirt and some guy gave me a hard time about it. He was pissed that I was wearing a TNA shirt to watch a WWE event...

thedamndest
01-31-2008, 11:31 AM
lol I see people on campus wearing John Cena and DX shirts.

SammyG, everyone knows it is impossible to see anyone in a John Cena shirt. /chaingainsolja4lyfe

Mr. JL
01-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I usually bust out the Bret Hart, RVD and Hardy Boyz T-Shirts once in a while.

Mr. Pierre
01-31-2008, 02:47 PM
About 90% of my shirts are wrestling shirts, and the other 10% being baseball. So yes, I wear a wrestling shirt pretty much everyday.

KingofOldSchool
01-31-2008, 02:52 PM
I wear my wrestling shirts whenever the fuck I feel like it.

If douchebags can wear Panic at the Disco shirts in public, I think I can break out my Edge shirt or CM Punk shirt.

RGWhat316
01-31-2008, 03:17 PM
I have a tendency to wear wrestling shirts in public and don't mind it. Sometimes its cool cus someone will see you wearing a shirt and give compliments, whether good or bad. The only time I would feel stupid is if some little kid is wearing the same shirt I did on that particular day.

Rammsteinmad
01-31-2008, 03:54 PM
I only have an old NWO one from the WCW days, and a Smackdown one. I have no problem wearing either of them.

The Gold Standard
01-31-2008, 04:15 PM
My shirts consist of Baseball and Wrestling Shirts so I wear them in public. I am the only one on my campus who wears them around. I don't care what people think about me so I wear them.

Kane Knight
01-31-2008, 04:29 PM
I wear my wrestling shirts whenever the fuck I feel like it.

If douchebags can wear Panic at the Disco shirts in public, I think I can break out my Edge shirt or CM Punk shirt.

Well, at least they're still in the douchebag category.

FourFifty
01-31-2008, 07:59 PM
I've worn my Hurricane shirt out a few times, albeit I've slowed down since it went from WWF to WWE, and it says WWF.com on the back.

Avenger
01-31-2008, 08:21 PM
nwo red and black every once in a while, but only because it's tight and the ladies like it.
You are a skinny fuck! How do the ladies like it?!

mitchables
01-31-2008, 08:32 PM
I dunno. Might just be something about my perception of the Australian public, but any time I see a dude in a wrestling t-shirt in public, I immediately assume he is a yob and/or beats his wife.

DrA
01-31-2008, 08:38 PM
I would wear that "Victim of the crossface" shirt every day if I had one.

I've been meaning to buy that for the last six months.

Kane Knight
01-31-2008, 08:59 PM
I dunno. Might just be something about my perception of the Australian public, but any time I see a dude in a wrestling t-shirt in public, I immediately assume he is a yob and/or beats his wife.

It's the same in America, really. :D

KYR
01-31-2008, 10:16 PM
Anyone else hear banjo's?

Loose Cannon
02-01-2008, 12:21 AM
you know it

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/673/captaincharismapd2.jpg

Ninti the Mad
02-01-2008, 01:07 AM
I dont own any wrestling shirts.

I waste my money on other stuff.

I used to own a original nwo shirt though. And a Outsiders one in red letters.

D Mac
02-01-2008, 01:14 AM
I have a RKO hat I wear once in a while.

HTrain90
02-01-2008, 01:46 AM
The only one I wear with any regularity is my HBK one with the thorns (Back: "For Many Are Called, But Few Are Chosen")

I wore my DX shirt to work one time (suumer pool manager). Realized that wasn't the best idea when I got some funny looks from parents.

And I got the Shawn Michaels retro T-Shirt with the Heartbreak and Triumph DVD - I wear that one a bit, as well.

So I suppose what I'm saying is yeah, I do wear the wrestling shirts around - and I'm at UVa - I stick out like a sore thumb.

Stickman
02-01-2008, 01:41 PM
I have a Y2J shirt that I wore in public when wrestling was cool.

DaveBrawl
02-01-2008, 02:51 PM
The only one I wear with any regularity is my HBK one with the thorns (Back: "For Many Are Called, But Few Are Chosen")

I wore my DX shirt to work one time (suumer pool manager). Realized that wasn't the best idea when I got some funny looks from parents.

And I got the Shawn Michaels retro T-Shirt with the Heartbreak and Triumph DVD - I wear that one a bit, as well.

So I suppose what I'm saying is yeah, I do wear the wrestling shirts around - and I'm at UVa - I stick out like a sore thumb.

Just wear some khaki's and tie a sweater around your neck and no one will notice.:shifty:

PapaGeorgio
02-01-2008, 02:59 PM
I wear mine in public, semi proudly. Got a New World Order parody one I made, called New Waz Order. Also got a Double J "Don't Piss Me Off Shirt." The one I wear the most though is probably my Ahmed Johnson, which people always comment on and love. Also got a WWE, WCW, Austin 3:16 one I wear. And of course and Edge & Christian one.

jindrak
02-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Worn the Cactus Jack shirt out in public. I was at a block party once and this 6 year old screams to me, "Mic Foley sucks!". I asked him why and he told me that Foley was too old and always loses.

Kid had a point. =/

Crossrine
02-01-2008, 09:36 PM
http://i13.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/b8/21/03b3_1.JPG