PDA

View Full Version : Jason White wins the Heisman Trophy

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-13-2003, 11:23 PM
What do you guys think?

I dunno, I think hes the classic type of Heisman Trophy winner.....Quaterback of the one of the best teams in the country. Is not the BEST player in the country but he just keeps on winning. Also..He probably won't do shit in the NFL, another common trait a lot of Heisman trophy winners have lol

I guess it came down to Fitzgearld and White in the end, Perry didn't really get much love which I am surprised about....I figured since he showed up BIG in the Ohio State game he would get some more love and win his "region" but I am guessing a lot of the voters from there went with Fitzgearld since he is also very close.

I knew Manning wouldn't get much since the region he is from is probably dominated by votes for White.

#1-wwf-fan
12-14-2003, 12:16 AM
Statistically, he deserved it but I think Eli was the MVP of all of college football. Eli reminds me of Dan Marino. Marino never really had a great team around him but he was still successful. Eli is the same. I think he deserved to win it but oh well.

el fregadero
12-14-2003, 01:28 AM
<font color=teal>Larry Fitzgerald is great reciever. Also, Eli is a better QB, but that doesn't always mean you'll get the award. </font> :-\

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-14-2003, 01:34 AM
Exactly...Fitzgerald is the best player, Eli is the better QB, and Chris Perry was Michigans MVP but Jason White just was the QB of the one of the best teams in the country.

BCWWF
12-14-2003, 02:19 AM
OMG! Even after his team lost a game?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-14-2003, 03:15 AM
Well NO team went undefeated so somebody had to win after there team lost a game lol

Plus I heard a lot of the voters voted before the Big 12 Championship game.

Bad Guy
12-14-2003, 04:58 AM
I think that if they would have done all the voting at the same time (instead of sending them out a week before the final week of games) then we might have a different winner. But Fitzgerald is my pick next year. I knew they weren't going to pick him just because of the fact that he was a sophomore. My picks were:

Fitzgerald
Perry
White
Manning

The Outlaw
12-14-2003, 01:49 PM
lol

Jason White deserved it hands down, and this is coming from a big Eli Manning fan. ELi will get his recognition in the NFL soon enough.

If Gerald could have had a good game against Miami, I think he could have walked away with it. I read somewhere that 1/3 of the votes were turned in before the OU - KSU game.

They showed White's stats before the KSU game and he had something like 44 TD's and 8 INT. That is better than any past quarterback that has won it so that says something about the guy.

Jason_Hawk
12-16-2003, 09:26 PM
Granted White is a good quarterback but he also had a great team behind him, put him with a moderate team and he couldnt do anything. Personally i feel that Larry should have won, his team isn't the greatest, but he was making catches in double and triple coverage, his on and off field ethic was great, he didnt celebrate after a touchdown, he made the score, and here mr. referee and hands over the ball, Eli Manning i felt was in good running because he was better than White in my view, he led a team to a 1st place confrence tie when they were rated in the bottom half. Perry was good, but not heisman good, he is a great running back but his stats wernt up to par for the heisman in my view. Running back of the year yes, heisman no.

these are my ratings how i should have been
Fitzgerald
Manning
White
Perry

Kris P Lettus
12-16-2003, 09:42 PM
Eli should have won.. He was a more valuable asset to his team than White... White won't do shit</>t in the NFL cause of his injuries.. Eli, on the other hand, will be a superstar..

The Outlaw
12-16-2003, 10:16 PM
Nah, White deserved it. Sure, if Eli would have been somewhere else he might have got it, and what I mean by that is playing for a team with better receivers.

White deserved it. The Heisman is for the guy who puts the stats up, not the guy who will do better in the NFL. ;)

I thought his brother deserved it when the guy from Michigan (Woodson?) got it though.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-17-2003, 01:24 AM
Woodson was nasttttttty in college though

It keeps going to QBs :mad:

The Outlaw
12-17-2003, 01:37 AM
He was pretty sick.

What I didn't like was the whole argument that he deserved it because he played both offense and defense.

MTR
12-31-2003, 04:53 PM
Woodson is a great player but did not deserve the Heisman over Peyton just because he played a little WR to make him look more valuable.

As far as this year goes I think White was not the best player. I don't think Fitzgerald was either though. I think he will make a great WR in the NFL when the gets there but he is a little overrated in my eyes.

When I heard that 50% turned in their votes before the Big 12 title game I knew White had won. Eli was great and did wonders for Ole Miss but losing to LSU really killed his chances. Eli will do great in the NFL though.