PDA

View Full Version : The February 22 ROH show actually sounds like it could be pretty great

Mr. Nerfect
02-04-2008, 07:11 AM
Ring Of Honor
February 22, 2008- 8pm start
Deer Park Community Center
41 Homer Avenue
Deer Park, NY 11729

Save 20-25% on tickets until Friday morning at ROHwrestling.com

Tag Team Challenge
Roderick Strong & Davey Richards vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico

Bryan Picks Nigel's Opponent - Non-Title
Nigel McGuinness vs. Brent Albright

Nigel Picks Bryan's Opponent
Bryan Danielson vs. Rocky Romero

Non-Title Match - Shiozaki's US Debut
FIP World Heavyweight Champion Erick Stevens vs. Go Shiozaki

First Time Ever
Austin Aries vs. Joey Matthews

Special Attraction Match
Tyler Black vs. The Human Tornado

The debut of Larry Sweeney's talk show segment

Also signed to appear: Jimmy Jacobs & The Necro Butcher with Lacey; The Vulture Squad of Ruckus & Jigsaw with Julius Smokes & Mercedes Martinez plus more!!!

Looking at it starting from the bottom:

Larry Sweeney's talk show will be great. The man is entertaining as all hell. We then go into Tyler Black vs. Human Tornado. Both men are pretty fucking good. Black has been really impressive, and the Human Tornado is the Huuuuuuuuuman Tooooornaaaadooooo! It will be a fun match, which Tyler Black should win to make him look important coming off his ROH World Tag Team Title loss.

I enjoy watching Austin Aries and Joey Matthews. I think Matthews has been one of the most underrated men to pass through the WWE recently, and Aries is one of the best all-round workers out there today. This match will kick ass. Aries should go over cleanly, break his losing streak up a bit more, and then get an offer for Jimmy Jacobs to take over The Age of the Fall as their official leader. Most seem to think that Aries won't join the AotF, but I think he might, and I think it will be great when it does happen. Then they'd be a six-person stable, and it'd set them apart from the others floating around.

Go Shiozaki making his US debut will be fun. He'd match up well with Erick Stevens, I think. Seeing as this is his debut, I think it would be wise to put Stevens over, especially considering he's the FIP World Heavyweight Champion, and is just starting to look dominant in the role.

Bryan Danielson vs. Rocky Romero will be a good match. Danielson has actually faded out a bit recently, I think, but he has the big match against Nigel McGuinness on the Sixth Anniversary Show. I think he should get some momentum against Nigel McGuinness heading into that. Danielson is one of the best wrestlers in the world, so it does not hurt to put him over a guy being sold as a tag team wrestler, either.

Nigel McGuinness vs. Brent Albright is really interesting to me, because I am an Albright mark. It makes Albright look good for being Danielson's choice, and I think he would match up well with McGuinness. I think Albright should actually go over, to build another challenger for McGuinness, and because it makes Danielson look like he's mentally got McGuinness figured out heading into their ROH World Title Match.

The Tag Team Challenge is brilliant booking, in my opinion. The very over face team of Kevin Steen & El Generico will get to go over Roderick Strong & Davey Richards, one of whom is one-half of the ROH World Tag Team Champions, which puts Steen & Generico in line for a shot. And while this is non-title, Roderick Strong is the leader of his group, so him putting over Steen & Generico would do them a lot of good.

I'm looking forward to the outcome of this show, as well as ROH heading into their Sixth Year Anniversary and their WrestleMania weekend.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Nigel vs Albright is brillany booking, especially since Nigel's arm is busted up.

Aries can join the AotF, but it shouldn't be as a "leader." Jacobs is the "leader" in the literal sense, but the group seems more focused around ideas and a cause, not a leader/follower type roll... On a total side note, I'm going to buy the AotF shirt, because it's pretty awesome.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/images/ecom/Products__2546_14.jpg

It also has a small black and white hand drawn American flag on the back, wit AotF where the stars should be.

I'm curious to see what the card is for the Detroit show. I'll get to see Go and Iibushi, so that makes me happy. I'm really hoping for Claudio vs Iibushi. Should be good stuff if it happens. I'm just hoping the Detroit show pulls in a good crowd, because if they drop that as a market, I'll be pissed.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Oh, and Aries/Mathews should be good. Aries/Richards, IMO, was the sleeper match on Man Up... It was an awesome match IMO.

Also, I like this video.

<a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=27079312">BLKOUT420- Age of the Fall (The Man)</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=27079312&v=2&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br><a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.addToProfileConfirm&videoid=27079312&title=BLKOUT420- Age of the Fall (The Man)">Add to My Profile</a> | <a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.home">More Videos</a>

Destor
02-04-2008, 07:38 AM
I think with out question Aries/Richards stole man up.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Me too. I was honestly underwhelmed with the ladder match ( the brawling in the beginning was meh, there were some decent high spots, but no real "story" to the match itself. It worked as a blowoff match, but stand alone... Meh

Still, the NRC Vs Resilience gauntlet was done really well, and Aries and Richards really tore it up. That was one of those matches that I would have loved to have seen live, especially for not knowing who would come out ahead.

Heros Welcome
02-04-2008, 11:22 AM
I can agree with The Aries/Richards match. It was great and the gauntlet was booked great.

As for the Feb 22nd show, though I won't be going to it, it looks great. I LOVE that fact that ROH has to cater to Sweeneys demands of a Talk Show in order to get the SHIMMER title on for NYC. When I read the newswire for this I nearly fell out of my chair in excitement.

GO coming to the US has got me super pumped. His match with Dragon in Tokyo was probably my fav match of '07. Also the fact that he got a great match out of Whitmer back at Anarchy in the UK has made me been wanting to see him live for a while now. Can't wait to see him an Aries tear it up live in NYC.

Noid I completely agree with you on the front of Joey Matthews. I too believe he is a great talent who really missed his calling in the E. I always felt he was a notch above Morrison. His match with Aries should be a very solid bout.

I also love the idea of Albright going over on Nigel to give dragon an edge going into NYC. I would really like to see Albright getting more an more singles comp with top teir guys so he can begin to slowly break away from the Hangmen 3 because I just feel that Albright can be a dominant force and him being in this faction is just slowing him down just a tad.

Also more Tornado is ALWAYS a plus in my books. but I do expect Tyler to go over here, as well he should. 2008 is the year that TB really starts to become a STAR for ROH.

Dragon is Dragon. A match with Romero is going to be a 20 min classic, with Dragon going over to add more fuel to him an Aries going for the tag belts, and give him an edge against Nigel.

WWKD, that shirt is infact kickass. When I saw it on the site a few days ago I said I am def getting it. One of the best shirts I have seen ROH come out with in a while.

Fox
02-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Wow, a card full of nobodies wrestling nobodies with titles. That should be good.

j/k, ROH is the shit.

IC Champion
02-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Wow, a card full of nobodies wrestling nobodies with titles. That should be good.

Seriously, RoH is garbage.

Destor
02-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah, your definition of garbage, just like your definition of psycology, is way off the mark.

IC Champion
02-04-2008, 02:54 PM
And yours is so great, which is why your still an indy wrestler working for 25 bucks and a couple of dounuts. But don't let that bring down your high.

Destor
02-04-2008, 03:07 PM
And yours is so great, which is why your still an indy wrestler working for 25 bucks and a couple of dounuts. But don't let that bring down your high.
Bro, not everyone is trying to make it big bro. I run a buisness, I'm able to wrestle full time because of how succesful it is. I wrestle because I love it. When TNA first got PPV I had SEVERAL chances to work for them, on PPV. Didn't want to, still don't. I don't name drop but I'll say that I know several people in descision making positions in TNA and if I actually wanted to work for them RIGHT NOW (especially since they are geting a big man kick) I could be on with the month. Don't wanna though.

The only thing I actually want to do is work in Japan, that's it. But honestly I couldn't be that far away from my family for that long. Not WWE not TNA not anything but what I do now. Small crowds that love you for busting your ass. For people who truely appreciate you. But since you dont know dick about wrestling or wrestlers you wouldn't get that. BTW, I'd work for 5 bucks cause I dont need the money, but I don't have to. I make a lot more than that.

Bro, I've got news for you, YOU DONT UNDERSTAND WRESTLING. Everytime you post you just prove it more and more. You really should shut the fuck up and try to learn something about it before you talk to the grown ups, you sound like an idiot.

PS-what the fuck have you done in the buisness? Oh yeah, arm chair critic. Good job.

Destor
02-04-2008, 03:08 PM
wrestlingis a hobby that I'm very passionate about. It's not my job.

IC Champion
02-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Wow, I never realized that, your just so smart, I'm dumb. I guess your like one of those bands who never strive to get passed the club scene.

Also I plan to get in the business soon, and will be moving out to Alberta in the next year and a half or so to go train with Lance Storm.

Anyways, I rarley post here anymore, since I hardly watch wrestling anymore, and to judge me, from one post, which is what your doing, because I thought Lesnar sucked, and because you're so smart you know he doesn't, I'm an idiot who knows nothing, I guess because you can train with nobodies and work for an no name company, that alone makes you smarter than everyone here.

Destor
02-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Wow, I never realized that, your just so smart, I'm dumb. I guess your like one of those bands who never strive to get passed the club scene.

Also I plan to get in the business soon, and will be moving out to Alberta in the next year and a half or so to go train with Lance Storm.

Anyways, I rarley post here anymore, since I hardly watch wrestling anymore, and to judge me, from one post, which is what your doing, because I thought Lesnar sucked, and because you're so smart you know he doesn't, I'm an idiot who knows nothing, I guess because you can train with nobodies and work for an no name company, that alone makes you smarter than everyone here.
Oh you plan to huh? Oh well since you plan to that changes the whole thing. Dumbass.

Unlike you I'm not going to name drop, but brother, I've trained and worked legit stars, and even trained with a legit legend. I don't brag about this shit BECAUSE IT HAS NO MERIT TO A CONVERSATION. You realize that it's always YOU bringing my hobbies into arguements?

Furthermore, I'm not judgeing you from just that Lesnar/idiotic statement. I've been thinking this for a long ass time. You suck. You ARE a moron. You know DICK about wrestling. I hope you do go train btw, that way your eyes can be open, cause right now YOU know fuck all.

And again bro, as far as where I wrestle, it's not about being smart. It's about loving my family. That's it. I've never fully persude wrestling because they need me and I need them. Could I make it big? Statistically pretty much a definate no. But I'll never know. Cause it isn't the focus of my life.

It's like a guy who races motorcycles on the weekend, and goes to work on Mondays, yeah no shit he doesn't have sponsers. But guess what? Not what he's after, he's after fun. Granted I wrestle a hell of a lot more than just the weekends, but the point is clear.

Destor
02-04-2008, 03:42 PM
ROFL You plan to train with Strom. You're so cool cause of something you hope you do.

Destor
02-04-2008, 03:42 PM
WHY THE FUCK IS THREAD ABOUT ME

Destor
02-04-2008, 03:43 PM
The arguement should how in the fuck is RoH garbage (a product Lance Storm is very fond of btw.)

IC Champion
02-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Yes, very clear...

IC Champion
02-04-2008, 03:45 PM
ROFL You plan to train with Strom. You're so cool cause of something you hope you do.

I dont hope to do anything, I know I'm doing it, I'd be there now if his school wasnt booked for like the next year.

You're cool becuase you plan to do some meth, than to wrestle for your spot monkey promotion.

IC Champion
02-04-2008, 03:46 PM
BTW, this all started as a joke, on my part anyways.

KingofOldSchool
02-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Kurt Angle taught me the Ankle lock.

Heros Welcome
02-04-2008, 03:48 PM
If you hate ROH so much IC why do you bother posting in its threads?

IC Champion
02-04-2008, 03:51 PM
The arguement should how in the fuck is RoH garbage (a product Lance Storm is very fond of btw.)

If the reason that I watched wrestling was to watch two men compete in a fake match, and showcase there talents in a fake sport than yes, I wouldnt mind RoH. But I watch wrestling to be entertained, I dont care about spots, ladders or chairs, I dont care about submissions, and I barely care about suplexs, If someone wrestles a good match than thats bonus, as long as I was entertained by the match. And for the most part RoH matches are just 2 guys going at eachother, you can only watch it so many times. If that is what I wanted to see I'd watch amatuer wrestling, or MMA.

IC Champion
02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Kurt Angle taught me the Ankle lock.

Ken Shamrock taught me mine.

Destor
02-04-2008, 04:03 PM
If the reason that I watched wrestling was to watch two men compete in a fake match, and showcase there talents in a fake sport than yes, I wouldnt mind RoH. But I watch wrestling to be entertained, I dont care about spots, ladders or chairs, I dont care about submissions, and I barely care about suplexs, If someone wrestles a good match than thats bonus, as long as I was entertained by the match. And for the most part RoH matches are just 2 guys going at eachother, you can only watch it so many times. If that is what I wanted to see I'd watch amatuer wrestling, or MMA.
...and you want Storm to train you? You haven't thought this out much have you?

Blitz
02-04-2008, 04:05 PM
:heart: Destor.

Also, when is the Detroit show, Kev?

Heros Welcome
02-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Since I'm on I'll let ya know...its April 18

Blitz
02-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Word. Gotta try to make it to that one.

Mr. Nerfect
02-05-2008, 01:39 AM

Lance Storm is a huge supporter of ROH. If you're going to learn from the man, you should respect his opinions on the business. Just saying.

Also, anyone who thinks the WWE holds more psychology than ROH is clearly insane.

Mr. Nerfect
02-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Destor, just out of curiosity, how big are you, man?

Also, try and angle me a job as a writer for TNA. I can't be much worse than Vince Russo. :shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
02-05-2008, 01:52 AM
Aries can join the AotF, but it shouldn't be as a "leader." Jacobs is the "leader" in the literal sense, but the group seems more focused around ideas and a cause, not a leader/follower type roll... On a total side note, I'm going to buy the AotF shirt, because it's pretty awesome.

Well, when I said leader, I meant that his goal should still remain the ROH World Championship, with Jimmy Jacobs retaining his "spokesman and founder" status.

The way I'd handle The Age of the Fall, is for Aries to join the faction, and use it to further his quest to becoming a two-time ROH World Champion. Jimmy Jacobs supports Aries, and talks about how they are the ultimate faction now. Jimmy Jacobs decides that Joey Matthews & Tyler Black would make the better tag team for The Age, given Matthews' big promotion tag team experience. He steps out altruistically, rather than kicking Black out of the tag team position. Black & Matthews eventually win the ROH World Tag Team Championship, and Austin Aries begins to catch the eye of Lacey (the two have a real-life relationship, so I can see ROH doing something like this). Jacobs has pushed Lacey away as far as being "in love" with her goes, but I can see jealous sparks flaming up, when Jacobs can't have her anymore.

Jacobs eventually gets pissed, and wants Aries goneskies. Tyler Black, Joey Matthews, Lacey and to a certain extent, Necro Butcher are confused by this. Jacobs says that he created this stable, and now his girl is with Aries, and Tyler Black is a Tag Team Champion without him. Basically Jacobs turns into a bitch because he puts his cause first, but then realises that he's not adequately keeping himself happy.

Tyler Black calls Jacobs his best friend, but he's not going to turn on Aries. Matthews is a little more willing to join with Jacobs. Lacey basically tells Jacobs he's being a cock, and Jacobs begins calling her a slut and whatnot, which drives her full-time into the Aries camp. Necro Butcher remains with Jacobs, and eventually Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs' friendship shines over Black's tag team run with Matthews. We eventually get Austin Aries & Joey Matthews vs. Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black (maybe going by the team name "Do It For Us").

That's not a very articulate explanation of what I am envisioning, but I think this can elevate all members of The Age of the Fall if played out.