PDA

View Full Version : Brock leaving WWE; joining NFL

BloodRiotZero
03-10-2004, 02:38 PM
It seems that Lesnar's announcement of his intentions to leave the WWE, came yesterday at the weekly pre-show talent meeting that are held for both of the brand shows.

He has stated that he is leaving, to pursue a career in the NFL. This comes after Lesnar revealed to co-workers that he has been very upset as of late about the direction of his character, and just generally feeling "burned-out" with the travelling etc. - more recently with the tour to South Africa.

As reported before as well, Lesnar was also not keen on being "fed" to the Undertaker after WrestleMania, especially when The Undertaker's old gimmick is all about "not selling" for the other wrestler.

Lesnar thanked Vince McMahon, Jim Ross, and Gerry Brisco for finding him "in college", and also gave thanks to both Paul Heyman and The Big Show for helping him with his wrestling career. He was said to be very emotional after the announcement, and at this point in time, it seems that WrestleMania 20 will be the last time we see Brock Lesnar not just in an WWE ring, but wrestling altogether.

Credit: PWInsider.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------
There have been some questions raised if Brock Lesnar is actually quitting or whether him and Vince McMahon are working an angle to get at the wrestling news media on the internet. From what is known now, it is not an angle; however, in this business nothing is surprising. Everything should be taken in consideration when looking at Lesnar’s decision to leave WWE as it has been well known that he has been miserable as of late backstage.

Several people are surprised by Brock’s decision to tryout for the NFL considering that he is not even a football player. Stunned at his new career choice is said to be an understatement at this point.

Another question raised is how Brock’s decision will affect his girlfriend Sable. Sable was said to be less than happy backstage last night at the SmackDown taping. With Lesnar leaving WWE this really leaves a problem with how the Goldberg vs. Lesnar match is going to be booked at WrestleMania. With both of the individuals leaving, it is going to be very hard to determine the correct outcome.

Credit: lordsofpain.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, this is pretty surprising. I thought he'd just take some time off or something so he wouldn't have to job to 'taker. I think WWE should really try to keep Goldberg then, have him go over at WMXX, and move him to SmackDown!

And for how long have he and Sable been an item? That was news to me also.

BloodRiotZero
03-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Oops, I didn't see the other topic that had to do with this... my bad.

nelioneil
03-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Hey I was just going to report this topic from wrestleview.com. But anyway, two massive WWE superstars leaving, at least it creates room for the fluctuating mid-carders (RVD, Cena etc..) to establish themselves (which can only mean a good thing...hopefully)

RGWhat316
03-10-2004, 03:57 PM
If Brock is leaving to join the NFL it would be a stupid move. Right now he is main eventing WWE, but if he would go to the NFL, which is full of huge guys, then hes just another small fish in a big pond.

Corkscrewed
03-10-2004, 04:40 PM
If he joins the NFL, that just means five years later he'll come back to challenge Bam Bam Bigelow and headline Wrestlemania 25.

Mr. Nerfect
03-10-2004, 08:09 PM
It's not like Brock severed his lines with the WWE. If anything it means Brock has something to fall on, and this could lead to the NFL promoting WWE. Well then again maybe not. It depends how successful Lesnar is I guess.

I wish Brock luck and hope he finds success in whatever he does. :y:

El Santo
03-10-2004, 09:11 PM
If he joins the NFL, that just means five years later he'll come back to challenge Bam Bam Bigelow and headline Wrestlemania 25.

LOL!

That would at least be a halfway decent match. :)

Blue Demon
03-10-2004, 09:20 PM
http://www.wrestleview.com/news2004/1078956369.shtml

I'm now expecting their match to be a crapfest.

Mr. JL
03-10-2004, 10:15 PM
If it truly is Brock Lesnar's last match, I'd expect him to pull out everything. I know if I were him I'd give the fans everything they want to see... especially the Shooting Star Press, this time he'll hit it!

6to1
03-10-2004, 10:25 PM
he is too old to start out in football who would draft him brock is dumber then i thought.

John la Rock
03-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Brock would probly be better than 3/4 of linebackers in the NFL. He's super strong, and has incredible speed for a big man. But I that him leaving WWE is a bunch of crap

Innovator
03-10-2004, 11:32 PM
Both guys are getting stunners at the end of the match

asphyXy
03-10-2004, 11:59 PM
<font color=969696>Sable is 10 years older than Brock.</font>

Corkscrewed
03-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Stacy's mom has got it going on...?

CBright7831
03-11-2004, 12:26 AM
You know, I would kill to be in Brock's position. If they tell me to go Africa and defeat Bob Holly, I'll do it, and then cash a nice paycheck afterwards. If they want me to lose to Taker, who apparently is on his last run, I'll do it.

All for the $$$$$.

Hired Hitman
03-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Oops, I didn't see the other topic that had to do with this... my bad.
Which one? the one below? or the 1000th below that one? [/Kane Knight]

Draven
03-11-2004, 12:57 PM
If he signs with the Falcons then maybe he really is a Goldberg wannabe. :|

6to1
03-11-2004, 02:29 PM
If he signs with the Falcons then maybe he really is a Goldberg wannabe. :|
yea that would be funny as hell

BigDaddyCool
03-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Fu</>ck Brock, what a bitch.

Sephiroth
03-11-2004, 04:00 PM
:'( Brock... :nono:

BigDaddyCool
03-12-2004, 11:46 AM
You know the worst part about all of this, Brock has barely lost a match since joining WWE. Now he is quit because he doesn't want to lose to the Undertaker among other reasons. This is why rookie wrestlers need to pay their due before become champ. They start to think their shi</>t don't stink and they are kings of wrestling so why should Goldberg have to lose cleanly, why should Brock have to lose at all? When the best part of thier career is in the very begining, all they have to look forward to is the going down and having their glory day yets a distant memory.

The Mackem
03-12-2004, 01:33 PM
So are other footballers so sh*t that someone like Brock who obviously hasn't been playing full time for the last few years can just pick it up and play?

PureHatred
03-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Seee...I'm glad someone else finally picked up on the most obvious BS in this whole Lesnar/NFL scenario. Brock last played football in what, high school? Seriously, I know Brock is a great athlete, but you don't one day just decide to become an NFL football player (we don't, in America, call them footballers). The Linebacker at the University of Auburn, Kevin Dansby, is 6-2', 240. Relatively similar to Brock's size. But he also runs a 4.6 40 and has made more tackles this year alone than Brock has made in his entire life. And he's being projected as a 6th round pick in this year's draft. Even if a team offered Brock to work out (knowing that he's too old to be considered a real "prospect"), even if by some miracle they took a flier(and it would be a miracle, since the NFL has a hard salary cap and every dollar they're giving him means they're not paying someone who can actually contribute),that Brock is a good enough athlete to develop into an NFL player someday he'd be making rookie minimum. Around 70K.

So would Brock really leave wrestling which has done so much for him to take a huge pay cut and become the scrub at the end of the bench? If all it took to play pro football was muscles, don't you think the XFL wouldn't have sucked?

parkmania
03-12-2004, 04:56 PM
I've been considering this, and whether or not it's a work, I think that there is a possibility that Brock could make it in the NFL. As a local sports-radio personality brought up recently, Carton Haselrig - a former Guard for the Pittsburgh Steelers - was a NCAA champion wrestler at the University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown. Pitt-Johnstown doesn't even HAVE a football team.

Talent can sometimes overcome rustiness. And whether you like his character or not; whether you like him as a person or not; Brock is athletically talented.

PureHatred
03-12-2004, 05:47 PM
Hmmmm..interesting example. Haselrig went to the NFL straight out of college, played on the practice squad for a year, then made the starting lineup after injuries to the rest of the line. He did become good, making the Pro Bowl once, and since he only lasted 3&1/2 seasons because he kept geting suspended -and eventually banned-for substance abuse it's hard to say how good he would've been....but...

I'm not saying Lesnar isn't a great athlete, but realistically, how good are his chances when he's in his mid-twenties and he's never played a down of organized football in his life? And if he does make a team, Brock Lesnar would never be as successful as a football player as he has been as a wrestler. Not happenin'.