PDA

View Full Version : Triple H or HBK

Marc the Smark
02-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Twenty years from now, which of these two guys do you think people will remember better? Triple H or HBK?

HBK:
4 Time World Champion
4 Time Tag Champion
3 Time IC Champion
1 Time European Champion
1st Grand Slam Winner
2 Time Royal Rumble Winner

HHH:
11 Time World Champion
1 Time Tag Champion
5 Time IC Champion
2 Time European Champion
2nd Grand Slam Winner
1 Time KOTR Winner
1 Time Royal Rumble Winner

Xero
02-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Triple H considering in 20 years he'll be running the company.

ShawnRhodeIsland
02-07-2008, 05:54 PM
I think an argument could be presented that the WWE has a big say in who the people remember and how well they remember them. Since Triple H's family controls the organization, I think not only will Triple H be "remembered" as a bigger star than Michaels, but by the time the WWE is finished Triple H could be even a bigger star than Hogan, Rock or Austin as well.

I also don't think comparing the title reigns and the accomplishments between Triple H and HBK is all that helpful or means that much just yet when it comes to which one will be better remembered. Look at Hogan and Flair, a 16-time World Champion.

IC Champion
02-07-2008, 06:09 PM
HBK.

Heros Welcome
02-07-2008, 06:54 PM
For me, I would have to say HBK.

People in general will probably remember HHH based on most of the facts that SRI stated.

Destor
02-07-2008, 07:00 PM
For me I'd go with H. But I'm a bit of a mark for him.

Lock Jaw
02-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Triple H considering in 20 years he'll be running the company.

Pardeep 619
02-07-2008, 07:14 PM
HHH by far. Some reasons being that HHH has been a bigger draw than HBK, and I personally believe more people who are non-wrestling fans know, or have heard, about HHH (I can't think of anybody who knows HBK).

Kane Knight
02-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Personally? Shawn Michaels.

In general? Triple H. He'll be crammed down our throats.

Shadow
02-07-2008, 07:42 PM
JEFF HARDY!

Seriouslly....HBK.

St. Jimmy
02-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Both.

Mr. Nerfect
02-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Actually, I think Shawn Michaels will be remembered better. Outside of the industry, neither man means jack or shit, so you have to judge within it:

Triple H may have held more championships, but there is a taint over them. He was in control, and it's almost a Jeff Jarrett situation. A few World Championships in WCW almost doubled to the size he deserved.

Shawn Michaels, however, came back from a four year hiatus, he broke boundaries when he got to the top, and he's been a top guy in two separate eras. The man has also had some legendary and groundbreaking matches. When people learn about HBK and Triple H (as they probably will once they become wrestling fans), and HBK will get the "Holy shit! That guy was awesome!" memory.

I'm still of the opinion that when it's all said and done, Triple H won't even be remembered in the top ten. The guy is neither a massive draw or a super fantastic wrestler. He's great, but massively overrated, not only around here, but by the WWE themselves.

ShawnRhodeIsland
02-07-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm not sure if I agree with you, Noid, but you've certainly given me something to think about and I like how you present your viewpoint. Nice.

IC Champion
02-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Actually, I think Shawn Michaels will be remembered better. Outside of the industry, neither man means jack or shit, so you have to judge within it:

Triple H may have held more championships, but there is a taint over them. He was in control, and it's almost a Jeff Jarrett situation. A few World Championships in WCW almost doubled to the size he deserved.

Shawn Michaels, however, came back from a four year hiatus, he broke boundaries when he got to the top, and he's been a top guy in two separate eras. The man has also had some legendary and groundbreaking matches. When people learn about HBK and Triple H (as they probably will once they become wrestling fans), and HBK will get the "Holy shit! That guy was awesome!" memory.

I'm still of the opinion that when it's all said and done, Triple H won't even be remembered in the top ten. The guy is neither a massive draw or a super fantastic wrestler. He's great, but massively overrated, not only around here, but by the WWE themselves.

Somethings wrong... I agree with almost every word you typed......I'm worried...:shifty:

BigDaddyCool
02-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Nash. Look, HHH and HBK both found success by politiking Vince McMahon. Nash who has considerably less talent and quads that tear while walking has managed to be a top guy, if not the top guy in every promotion he goes into.

Kane Knight
02-07-2008, 08:42 PM

But he's such a major part of the business, I'm sure that he will continue to be remembered. Even if it's just artificially forcing him on us, that means that people in ten years are more likely to know him because they will try and put him on the same pedastal as Stone Cold and the likes. And to the majority of fans, that will be their major exposure.

Otherwise, I agree.

BigDaddyCool
02-07-2008, 08:48 PM
HHH was the reason to watch wrestling in what 1999 and 2000. Jeff Jarrett has never been a reason to watch wrestling ever. Noid's argument is crap. Anyhow Nash > HBK > HHH > Scott Hall > X Pac > The rest of wrestling. K4L

NYDon
02-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Both will be high up in the company til they die

Both about equal

DarKCentaur
02-07-2008, 11:51 PM
It honestly depends. Older wrestling fans will remember HBK more, while the younger generation that came in during the Attitude boom (and new fans now coming in... the few that there are) will remember HHH more.

Theo Dious
02-08-2008, 12:01 AM
HBK > HHH simply because HBK crawled up out of a tag team ghetto and made himself. HHH had the Kliq holding the door open for him.

NYDon
02-08-2008, 04:26 AM
HBK > HHH simply because HBK crawled up out of a tag team ghetto and made himself. HHH had the Kliq holding the door open for him.

word but give Helmsley his props

He carried those bags, he kept his ears open while he drove around the drugged/drunk kliq , learned the game

and Most Importantly, he stayed tight with HBK. That alone gives him the ultimate respect from me.

Rammsteinmad
02-08-2008, 04:43 AM
HBK.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-08-2008, 04:52 AM
HBK

Avenger
02-08-2008, 11:27 AM
As a wrestler HBK,

as someone who has an amazing mind for the business HHH.

Xero
02-08-2008, 11:49 AM
As a wrestler HBK,

as someone who has an amazing mind for the business HHH.

That pretty much sums it up. :y:

NeanderCarl
02-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Pretty much what everybody else seems to have said. HBK will be more fondly remembered by those of us who were watching during his time.

To those with fickle memories or new fans coming in at the tail-end or when Michaels' career is through, they will no doubt be "educated" to believe Triple H was in a league of his own.

Theo Dious
02-08-2008, 01:58 PM
word but give Helmsley his props

He carried those bags, he kept his ears open while he drove around the drugged/drunk kliq , learned the game

and Most Importantly, he stayed tight with HBK. That alone gives him the ultimate respect from me.

Absolutely. And I don't take that from him for a minute. The man knew how to play the game long before he became the game. I'm just saying that the bigger props have to go to the guy who didn't have the trail blazed out before him.

BigDaddyCool
02-08-2008, 02:07 PM

I heard it was the other way around...HHH was holding doors open for the kliq, and getting their bags and so forth.

Avenger
02-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Just to further my point from earlier, HBK has put on the greatest matches we'll ever see. He had it all.

But no-one has played the wrestling business better than HHH. No-one in history has done all those things you need to do to get to the top better than HHH. Most people don't have the talent HBK has, most people don't have the God-given gifts to get them to the top. But if they have what HHH has, they can get there anyway.

Fox
02-09-2008, 01:49 AM
HBK has had more "big moments" in his career, like his Iron Man Match/first WWE Title win at Mania 12, the first Hell in the Cell, the original D-X segments (which, granted, Triple H shares), his match with Jericho at Mania XIX, and of course, the Montreal Screwjob.

Triple H has had... his return in 2002. I mean, his first WWE Title victory took place on RAW. And he's put others over in that big match environment (Cena, Benoit, Batista), but he's never really been the star or held the spotlight.

El Fangel
02-09-2008, 03:38 AM
HHHBK

NeanderCarl
02-09-2008, 09:38 AM
HBK has had more "big moments" in his career, like his Iron Man Match/first WWE Title win at Mania 12, the first Hell in the Cell, the original D-X segments (which, granted, Triple H shares), his match with Jericho at Mania XIX, and of course, the Montreal Screwjob.

To be fair, Triple H also won the WWE title in an Iron Man match and a far superior one to HBK/Bret.

He was the first heel ever to leave WrestleMania with the WWE title.

He's had his fair share of Hell In A Cell matches, some of which were great in their own right

He also faced Jericho at a WrestleMania, although comparing that match to the HBK/Y2J match is like comparing.... yes!... ice cream to horse manure.

Triple H, as you said, not only shared the original DX segments, but led a regenerated degenerate crew to major success in the Attitude era, and the "invasion of WCW" was a pretty big moment.

Plus, Trips was in on the Montreal screwdrob (sic) too.

Also, he is far from being the greatest wrestler of all-time or the best Champion of all-time... but he was on top during the WWF's most successful (financially and creatively) year of all time in 2000, and what's more was easily the best performer of the entire year too.

The best wrestler in the best year of the history of the WWE? That's quite the achievement right there.

wwe2222
02-09-2008, 11:01 AM
HBK...when people look back at WM history, they will see HBK highlighting the stage.

HHH has been in WM main events but I dont think hes really had the HBK type moments...You could say HBK had the match of the night in WM 10, 11, 12, 14, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23. He was invovled in the FIRST ladder match, FIRST to enter number one and win rumble, FIRST iron man match, FIRST Hell in the Cell and won the first elimination chamber. Plus Montreal and anything with Bret, since that will never die down.

I still think people will remember HBK better in the grand scheme of things. I like HHH, but HBK did it all.