PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - My Thoughts on Lesnar, Goldberg, bringing ECW back, and more

Heyman
03-11-2004, 12:55 AM
DISCUSSION - My Thoughts on Lesnar, Goldberg, bringing ECW back, and more

With Brock Lesnar now set to depart from the WWE, I am in favor of having Goldberg stay within the company. I'm not sure what his future plans are, but I am hoping that the WWE and Goldberg can come to an agreement of sorts. It sucks if both men leave the company afterwards (and don't "build" on the huge victory that one of those men will have received).

If Lesnar does leave the company, <font color=white>I am also in favor of having Kurt Angle and Undertaker move to Raw. </font> In exchange, Smackdown gets "main-event VIRGINS" (i.e. people who have potential to be a credible World Champion, but haven't been World Champion yet).

In exchange for Angle and Taker, Smackdown should get
RVD (maybe he can regain his popularity from a few years ago if built up once again)

Randy Orton (a feud with John Cena leading up to Summerslam could be the equivalent of what we saw with The Rock/HHH from 1998)

Dave Batista (a poor man's Brock Lesnar, but maybe he can be 'built up' in a way that Lesnar was.....perhaps the fans will buy into Batista as they did Lesnar? Remember - fans will almost ALWAYS buy into a successful gimmick).

Kane: Current main-event heel. He's not exactly the perfect opponent for a guy like Eddie Guerrero or Edge (in terms of technical wrestling), but the marks may like it. :-\

Retained services of Edge (no f</>ucking way should SD let Edge go to Raw now......with Lesnar's departure).

With Guerrero, Cena, RVD, Batista, Orton, Kane, etc. all on Smackdown, the WWE has a golden opportunity to create a plethora of World Champions (within a 2 or even 3 year time span).

Meanwhile, Raw gets Taker and Angle......two more 'big names' to add to the current list of 'big names' on Raw.

As far as Goldberg goes, I wouldn't mind seeing the following scenerio occur (although it probably wouldn't in a million years).

-Goldberg defeats Lesnar at Mania'
-Benoit defeats Triple H and HBK at Mania (both HBK and Triple H take time off after Mania.......HBK because of his knee, and Trips to film movies).
-The next night on Raw, Goldberg challenges Benoit to a title match at Backlash (Edmonton). Benoit accepts.

I'm not a fan of what I'm about to say next, but Benoit does something HEELISH in Edmonton and defeats Goldberg to retain the title. So basically - Benoit becomes a heel champion. As a heel, he feuds with guys like Goldberg, Undertaker, Jericho, Booker T, and a returning Triple H (who turns face) and defeats them all. Benoit truly establishes himself as a main-event heel.

It's a nice dream - but probably won't happen. :nono: At

<font color=white>Don't bring back ECW</font>

-I am not a fan of bringing back ECW. As the plan stands now, the WWE would consider launching a one hour ECW show (on Saturday or Sunday Night), and then have them have a PPV every quarter year. Here's what I hate about that idea.

1) If ECW is brought back, wrestlers from both Raw and Smackdown (who used to be in ECW) will leave. This will weaken both show in terms of depth. Which leads me to my next point.

2) I highly doubt that ratings would be too high for the show. There may be initial interest, but I think it would die down considerably afterwards (knowing the WWE and the politics that DO exist, they may purposely make the show look 'inferior' to Raw/Smackdown).

<font color=white>A good way to build up Orton? </font>

-At Wrestlemania, have Orton and Batista defeat The Rock and Sock Connection. Think about it. How bad would it look for Evolution (3 members) if they jobbed to TWO people? Rock and Sock don't need the victory obviously.

-Orton getting the pin on The Rock would be a great way for Orton to establish himself.

-Orton then gets a clean victory over Foley a month later (either at Backlash....or if he goes to SD.....which I'm hoping, then whenever the next SD PPV is). If Orton goes to SD, he 'forfeits' the IC title...... :| :-\

Shawn
03-11-2004, 01:49 AM
I liked everything accept Triple h turning face. Its just a waste of 2 months. Then he turns heel again.

BasicThuganomics
03-11-2004, 09:26 AM
:foc:

The CyNick
03-11-2004, 02:07 PM
why not keep Orton on RAW so he can eventually split, and then fued with HHH? It makes no sense to move him to Smackdown.

Also, why move Angle to RAW in the middle of a fued with Guerrero? That can still last for some time, and I think we might see a Team Angle reunion at some point.

Kane I could see moving to Smackdown for two reasons, A) they need more heels, and B) they can continue the Taker-Kane fued to keep Taker busy.

Using Heyman's plan you have Orton and Kane as the top two heels on Smackdown, that is just death. Orton is not a main eventer quite yet, and there is nobody on SD that can make him a star like HHH can do on RAW. And Kane will need some time to be rebuilt in order to main event.

At least with Angle on Smackdown, you know you have a fued at the top of the card that can carry the brand for some time.

Benoit being a heel in Edmonton? You remember how well that worked for Austin in Houston? I try not to be insulting, but thats some duimb shit right there.

RVD on Smackdown I'm cool with, but again, he's a babyface, which is a problem. Perhaps Paul E can turn him, but I doubt it.

I'm not a fan of a lot of switches. I think the best thing they could do with the current situation is to keep Edge on Smackdown and turn him heel (that replaces Lesnar). That way he can be set up to fued with Eddie down the road. Taker in the meantime can fued with Show, and that would leave Cena to perhaps work with soemone like Rhyno for an extended period of time.

Meanwhile on RAW, Benoit can have PPV matches with both HHH and HBK, then he'll likely have to give back the title to HHH. HHH needs a fued for the Summer. Conviently they have Jericho waiting in the wings, and I think that could be an awesome fued going through the summer and into the Fall. At that point they can turn Orton and start something with Hunetr and Orton culminating at Mania.

BasicThuganomics
03-11-2004, 02:11 PM
I love to see CyNick pick apart Heyman's posts and show how bad his idea's are...
I would do it, but I usually resort to name calling because Heyman pisses me off so much, CyNick actually just shows him to be the dumbass he really is.