PDA

View Full Version : TNA Against All Odds 2007 versus TNA Aginst All Odds 2008 PPV

Mr. JL
02-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Here's the whole article if you want to read the entire thing

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=6255
----

Here's a little paragraph that I found funny. The writer is comparing the 2007 Against All Odds PPV with the 2008 Against All Odds PPV, more specifically, the MAIN EVENT in this paragraph i've pasted for you all.

" So the main event this year was Angle vs. Christian for the title with Joe as special referee. And what was the main event in 2007? Why, Angle vs. Christian for the title with Joe as the special ringside enforcer! It was every TNA finish we've ever seen with ref bumps, interference, dudes running in, etc., and after Christian won following an utter schmozz Don West screamed, and I quote: “THIS IS A BUNCH OF CRAP! THIS JUST SUCKS! THIS JUST SUCKS!” "

Mr. Nerfect
02-14-2008, 03:48 AM
LOL at the main events being virtually the same, including Samoa Joe's involvement. TNA is really in a sad state of arrested development.

Mr. Nerfect
02-14-2008, 03:55 AM
Yeah, I pretty much agree with that article. TNA are spinning their wheels. It's hard to believe that these guys are in the exact same place, oftentimes worse, than they were last year.

Londoner
02-14-2008, 08:48 AM
LOL who wants to guess next years main event??? Maybe they'll change it up abit and make it a triple threat with them three!

Mr. Nerfect
02-14-2008, 06:12 PM
LOL who wants to guess next years main event??? Maybe they'll change it up abit and make it a triple threat with them three!

I'm hoping Joe manages to secure a release before then, and goes to the WWE. And that Christian Cage gets an itching for fame and returns to the WWE. And Kurt Angle decides he wants more money and goes back to the WWE.

*The above happens*
Vince Russo: Damn it! We don't have Angle, Christian or Joe anymore. AJ, come over here!

AJ Styles (hopeful he will get to step up): What is it, Vince?!?

Vince Russo: Take this note to Dixie Carter. There won't be an Against All Odds this year.

Londoner
02-14-2008, 06:42 PM
lol, could just picture ajs face in that scenario to...

But yeah, TNA really stands for total nonstop ass as for as im concerned. its full of shit.

Dorkchop
02-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Christian is the only thing that has been consistently entertaining in TNA for a while. I'll admit that his initial face run was a little bland, but I don't think he was ever un-entertaining. If he wasn't in TNA, I probably would barely watch. He carried Judas Mesias to a good match last week on Impact.

Maybe others don't like him right now, but I still find him one of the best things in pro wrestling right now (along with HBK).

Mr. Nerfect
02-17-2008, 04:26 AM
Christian has been consistently entertaining, but I have also been enjoying Tomko lately. The man was really becoming something quite special. TNA's answer to 2005 Batista, if you will. I was beginning to see some of that "trained by HBK" magic coming through. Unfortunately, TNA turned him heel for no real reason at all.

Christian Cage and Awesome Kong remain reasons to watch. Hopefully Tomko manages to somehow make his heel role work.