PDA

View Full Version : So...Ghost Squad.

Kane Knight
02-14-2008, 09:37 PM
I love the game. It's an arcade shooter ported to the Wii, which makes use of a calibration system to make the Wiimote function less like a pointer/cursor and more like an actual light gun.

The game is pretty short; one playthrough runs around half an hour, more or less. It's an arcade shooter, so no surprises there. It's only thirty bucks new, though. Plus, on top of that, the more you play the levels, the more options you unlock (as well as earning points that unlock weapons and character costumes), meaning the levels branch and diverge. The game's still pretty short, but the multiple paths and increased level difficulty make the game incredibly fun to keep replaying.

There's not much to discuss about the game I guess, but I'm wondering who all here has played it.

Kalyx triaD
02-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Played the arcade once... it was cool. Still hoping for Virtual Cop 3 on Wii.

Kane Knight
02-14-2008, 10:30 PM
I'd like to see more shooters, though Link's Crossbow Training and Ghost Squad have both demonstrated to me a rather large weakness in the Wii's setup. The Sensor Bar is not really cut out for the kind of precision needed to completely emulate a shooter. Even with the calibration, it's still not like a light gun completely. I mean, it's "close enough," but it definitely is limited.

On the upside, you can play shooters on the Wii without buying anything extra, which increases the chances of success of such games. That is one of the things that tends to kill games that require peripherals. Nobody wants to develop them for fear people won't buy them, and nobody wants to buy them for fear that developers won't make games for them. There are exceptions, obviously (Guiitar Hero comes to mind), but....

Kalyx triaD
02-14-2008, 10:38 PM
I remember getting the Super Scope Six package. Made for a great toy after the games got played out.

alvarado52
02-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Ghost Squad was the first game in over 10 years that i dropped dollar after dollar in to actually beat the game. Awesome arcade game...but without the big ass screen and gun kick back...dunno if it'd be as fun.

Vietnamese Crippler
02-14-2008, 10:53 PM
I've been trying to get it off eBay for a few weeks now. Looks like fun.

Although, I am looking forward to the House of the Dead 2 & 3 ports Sega is bringing :drool:

Kapoutman
02-15-2008, 02:27 PM
I want to try it. I enjoyed The Umbrella Chronicles, and this one is supposed to be more "arcady" and quicker. Looks like fun.