ddpBANG
02-16-2008, 04:37 AM
Who says he isn't?

El Fangel
02-16-2008, 04:39 AM
Who here thinks he should?

Londoner
02-16-2008, 04:54 AM
Its most likely gonna be a triple threat between orton hhh and cena, so that means cenas winning tomorrow...so i dunno why you think this.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
02-16-2008, 05:24 AM
I mean why isn't he having his shot at mania

ddpBANG
02-16-2008, 05:42 AM
Because he wanted it @ NWO instead.

Londoner
02-16-2008, 05:51 AM
Because he and hhh and orton have politicked the situation so it works out for all of them.

.44 Magdalene
02-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Because they wanted to punish me for ordering the Rumble by rendering the entire show pointless

Londoner
02-16-2008, 07:48 AM
Im so glad i didnt get the rumble.

Avenger
02-16-2008, 07:57 AM
I think he should main event Mania. Hes their top player. Why shouldn't he?

Londoner
02-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Cause he's a cunt.

Kane Knight
02-16-2008, 09:38 AM
I think he should main event Mania. Hes their top player. Why shouldn't he?

Yeah, why not drive off more people?

Purgatory
02-16-2008, 09:45 AM
AND ruin yet another Wrestlemania buyrate??

Afterlife
02-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Mania Main event will be a triple threat, constructed as follows:

Cena beats Orton at No Way Out.

Jeff wins Elimination Chamber, seeing as he's the only guy in it not involved in a storyline.

Orton demands activation of his rematch clause.

Jeff vs. Orton vs. Cena

The end.

Kane Knight
02-16-2008, 09:52 AM

I'll be interested to see if the buyrates are actually less than last year's.

And if so, will they still justify Cena as the big draw....

Purgatory
02-16-2008, 09:54 AM
Cena still wins and continues draining any and all interest.

Purgatory
02-16-2008, 09:57 AM
I'll be interested to see if the buyrates are actually less than last year's.

And if so, will they still justify Cena as the big draw....

More than likely.:-\ Even if it doesn't make any sense from a marketing standpoint, Vince will keep his bitch at the forefront of everything.

Kane Knight
02-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Yeah, but eventually, if sales go down on "the granddaddy of them all," he has to start justifying things to the shareholders.

I mean, eventually, you'd think he'd learn.

...Oh, right. Carnie. My bad.

Afterlife
02-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Isn't "forefront" not a word?

loopydate
02-16-2008, 10:27 AM
fore·front [fawr-fruhnt, fohr-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the foremost part or place.
2. the position of greatest importance or prominence: in the forefront of today's writers.

Avenger
02-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Yeah, why not drive off more people?
I think it's the WWE's product as a whole driving people off, not Cena.

DAMN iNATOR
02-16-2008, 10:36 AM
I could possibly see a run-in by Big Show tomorrow night, costing Cena the match, and then, on Monday Night RAW, we would get Orton bragging about how he’s still the champion, and then we’d get a bunch of whining from Cena, about how he should get another shot at WrestleMania XXIV, and then HHH shows up, and demands HIS title shot at Mania, and then finally Regal arrives on scene and announces a triple threat match between the three of them for the belt at Mania.

Not likely, nor am I suggesting it should happen, just that the way the so-called creative team is in WWE, you really can’t put anything past them these days...

Purgatory
02-16-2008, 10:38 AM
thank you, loopy. You just saved me that effort. :)

Yeah, but eventually, if sales go down on "the granddaddy of them all," he has to start justifying things to the shareholders.

I mean, eventually, you'd think he'd learn.

...Oh, right. Carnie. My bad.

This is also true. However, in Vince's old age, these 'deslusions of grandeur' can only be attributed to 'I'm-a-Billionaire-and-I'll-do-what-I-want-ism'. Seriously, I wish I could be this disillusioned about my job. I might be happier. :)

Kane Knight
02-16-2008, 11:44 AM
I think it's the WWE's product as a whole driving people off, not Cena.

Yeah, and since Cena's not a large part of that programming, that assessment is incredibly meaningful.

Kane Knight
02-16-2008, 11:45 AM
thank you, loopy. You just saved me that effort. :)

This is also true. However, in Vince's old age, these 'deslusions of grandeur' can only be attributed to 'I'm-a-Billionaire-and-I'll-do-what-I-want-ism'. Seriously, I wish I could be this disillusioned about my job. I might be happier. :)

See, this is why I'm trying to become a published author. Then it will be acceptable for me to have my head up my arse. :D

Johnny Vegas
02-16-2008, 11:54 AM
lol yea, HHH is going to be in the main-event at WM. There is simply NO doubting that. He always seems to stick his nose in everything, forced or not.

I think it should be Cena v. Orton v. HHH v. Hardy. There are already rumors that HHH wants to be a heel again, so the playing field will be balanced in terms of heel/face. Let's face it, Hardy is either going to be in the main event (he's too hot right now) or he's going to have to defend that belt.

Personally, i think that he (Hardy) and Michaels should have something going for the number one contender at least. That is if Hardy isn't the main event at WM.

Purgatory
02-16-2008, 12:51 PM
lol yea, HHH is going to be in the main-event at WM. There is simply NO doubting that. He always seems to stick his nose in everything, forced or not.

With a nose like his, it's not that difficult for him. Hell, he could turn a corner and unintentionally stick his nose where he probably wouldn't want it.

back on topic, I don't know where I'd stand on a Cena/HHH/Hardy/Orton fourway thing at Wrestlemania. To me, these type of matches just seem to cheapen any value of the title. It should be just Champion vs Challenger. I dislike Hardy almost nearly as much as I dislike Cena, but I can see Cena being the Champ going into Wrestlemania. As popular as Hardy might be, I just can't see the dusthead main eventing Mania at all.

Shawn Michaels doesn't need to be anywhere near that title. As good as he might have been, his shelf life has expired. I can barely stomach the guy on TV anymore.

Londoner
02-16-2008, 01:01 PM
With a nose like his, it's not that difficult for him. Hell, he could turn a corner and unintentionally stick his nose where he probably wouldn't want it.

Damnit, you stole my joke.:mad:

Purgatory
02-16-2008, 01:05 PM
:D

Sorry man. I knew I wasn't the only one inspired to throw a nose joke in.

Lux
02-16-2008, 01:55 PM

Wrestlemania was ruined the minute the 30th man came out for the rumble

Kane Knight
02-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Wrestlemania was ruined the minute the 30th man came out for the rumble

Most of the people bitching will still buy the damned PPV anyway. On top of that, Wrestlemania generally sells better than any other PPV, so it doesn't matter if it's "ruined."

Lux
02-16-2008, 02:07 PM
mmm, true, i prolly won't buy it though

Kane Knight
02-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Nor will I, but I think we'll have to accept that this is an atypical stance. The Road to Wrestlemania is usually solid enough to lure in a lot of the naysayers, they usually get a decent amount of mainstream attention, and hey, it's Mania. There's a lot of reasons to shell out, it's just that none of them are likely to draw me in enough to pay for it.

IC Champion
02-16-2008, 02:33 PM
I agree with KK.

Purgatory
02-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Now that it can be downloaded via Torrent or many other means the day after, this is yet another reason I wouldn't pay for it.

Londoner
02-16-2008, 03:39 PM
I havent ordered wrestlemania for a while now, might do so this year.

Kane Knight
02-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Last PPV I ordered was when Rey won the Rumble. They're really gonna have to impress me to get me to pay for another PPV any time in the near future.

Porcupine
02-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Last PPV I ordered was when Rey won the Rumble. They're really gonna have to impress me to get me to pay for another PPV any time in the near future.

Weren't you happy to see the ULTIMATE UNDERDOG finally triumph and realize his dream by beating all those guys?

Purgatory
02-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Weren't you happy to see the ULTIMATE UNDERDOG finally triumph and realize his dream by beating all those guys?

I might have been if I was 10 and still believed wrestling was real. Back in those days, there were no storylines....Hell, there was no TitanTron and no RAW. WWF Superstars on Saturday mornings was the main show.

Kane Knight
02-16-2008, 06:43 PM

I was happy to see Eddie get his second title run. :shifty:

NeanderCarl
02-16-2008, 08:16 PM
I have no issues with Trips main eventing WrestleMania or even winning the gold. He hasn't had a run with the belt (not counting his two hour reign in October) in years.

Porcupine
02-16-2008, 08:24 PM
I have no issues with Trips main eventing WrestleMania or even winning the gold. He hasn't had a run with the belt (not counting his two hour reign in October) in years.

Yeah, its definitely time to play the game...

Kane Knight
02-16-2008, 08:27 PM

Why ruin a good thing?

Kane Knight
02-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Actually, and I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd still rather see Cena with the belt over Triple H. Then again, I'd rather see Hornswoggle with the belt than either of them.

Porcupine
02-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Actually, and I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd still rather see Cena with the belt over Triple H. Then again, I'd rather see Hornswoggle with the belt than either of them.

While I would rather see Hornswoggle with the belt than Triple H or Cena, I would still prefer another long HHH reign over another long Cena reign.

Kane Knight
02-16-2008, 08:44 PM
While I would rather see Hornswoggle with the belt than Triple H or Cena, I would still prefer another long HHH reign over another long Cena reign.

Meh.

Cena as champ annoys me, but Cena's shitty face character beats Trips' forced comedy and half-ass heel.

NeanderCarl
02-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Triple H in 2000-2001 form would be a great boost to WWE. I'm not saying he looks to be in any danger of regaining that kind of form, but it would be nice.

Thing is, even though it's been done, Triple H as top dog in 2008 is something different. Hard to imagine, say back in 2002, that one day a Triple H title run would be considered a change from the norm, but it would bring to an end Cena's rock solid grip on the belt. When Trips snares it, he ain't letting go of it again that easily.

Kane Knight
02-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Change for the sake of change isn't always a good thing.

Porcupine
02-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Change for the sake of change isn't always a good thing.

Depends on who you are. I am so sick of Cena's reigns of doom that I will take anyone else on the roster over him for a raw title reign.

NeanderCarl
02-16-2008, 09:18 PM
If there's one thing you have to give Triple H credit for, it's his ability to consistantly reinvent his character.

Snotty blueblood, juvenile degenerate, wisecracking catchphrase spouter, underappreciated disgruntled corporate asskisser, oppressive power-crazed badass, edgy intense face, classy well-dressed high life loving businessman, tongue-in-cheek anti-authoritarian....

Triple H in the ring is what he is; a once tremendous performer now limited by injuries who can still churn out a great match with the right opponent (as evidenced in matches with Orton at No Mercy). However, who is to say that his next incarnation as a heel won't see another shift in direction for his character which could turn out to be his best yet?

I'd say it's worth the risk to embrace it, rather than put the gold back on Cena... unless Cena is in line for a heel turn, that is.

Kane Knight
02-16-2008, 09:54 PM
If there's one thing you have to give Triple H credit for, it's his ability to consistantly reinvent his character.

LOL!

NeanderCarl
02-16-2008, 11:52 PM
Come on! Of the gimmicks I listed above, at least four of those are startlingly different, and many of them met with success long before he had his cock up the Vincess.

History, backstory and logic go out the window at WWE's whim, but at least ole Trips makes an attempt to keep with the times, even if at the expense of character consistancy and the established facets of the WWE "universe".

NeanderCarl
02-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Actually, that's a big problem in modern wrestling... blatant character inconsistency... why should I praise him for it???

Yeah, fuck you Trips!

Indifferent Clox
02-17-2008, 12:10 AM
I'd like to see heel cena and heel triple H form some kind of alliance against HBK trying to win it one last time. It hink the dynamics could be pretty interesting, in that sort of triangle for the belt. Throw Orton, Kennedy, and Hardy in there and you have an excellent main event scene.

Jeritron
02-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Cena should be main eventing Mania, against Jeff Hardy.

Against HHH it's pointless, boring and old news. Same with just about anyone.

But Jeff's easily the most popular guy right now, and compliments Cena excellently in terms of star power.

Mania title matches used to be about the two biggest stars in the company facing, and it being fresh new and exciting.
This is what it should be.

It doesn't compare, but it's analagous to Hogan and Warrior by modern standards.

Shadow
02-17-2008, 12:13 AM
THE REAL REASON WHY CENA ISN'T MAIN EVENTING MANIA?

Because you touch yourself at night.

Jeritron
02-17-2008, 12:40 AM
If Cena/Hardy occured at Mania I'd honestly just be happy with such a great choice for a main event and not get bent out of shape over the outcome.
I'd go into full well excpecting Cena to win, with the slim hope of a mark out.

El Fangel
02-17-2008, 12:44 AM
From what I hear, is that Cena was brought back, so they wouldn't have to pay a huge liability insurance, against Shadow dying by drowning in his own jizz when Hardy was going to win.

Jeritron
02-17-2008, 12:46 AM
I bet if Cena never came back HHH would have won the Rumble and faced Jeff Hardy for the title. Or Orton at No Way Out and won the title, and defended it against Jeff Hardy who won the chamber.

Londoner
02-17-2008, 05:16 AM
Would love it if HHH won it at wm and then turned heel during the title reign. if the choices are orton, hhh or cena with the title, illd go for hhh right now. Or you could even have a long summer feud between the three of them where the title keeps switching..

DaVe
02-17-2008, 06:18 AM
I'd prefer Triple H as a face because there is already Orton and Cena as the big heels.

Kane Knight
02-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Come on! Of the gimmicks I listed above, at least four of those are startlingly different, and many of them met with success long before he had his cock up the Vincess.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

NeanderCarl
02-17-2008, 09:45 AM
:p

Blue Demon
02-17-2008, 10:12 AM
ALYAAAAAAAALYALYALYA

Afterlife
02-17-2008, 11:44 AM
fore·front [fawr-fruhnt, fohr-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the foremost part or place.
2. the position of greatest importance or prominence: in the forefront of today's writers.

So, it's a useless faux-word constructed with redundancy.