PDA

View Full Version : The Rock at WrestleMania?

Mr. Nerfect
02-17-2008, 11:37 PM
I was just over at WWE.com, and the WWE are promoting The Rock and Rocky Johnson for Black History Month. It reminded me that the WWE are trying to lure in The Rock to induct his father and grandfather into the Hall of Fame. Personally, I think The Rock would take it. He seems like the kind of man who would care about family.

Now, I'm not trying to start a "WILL ROCK RETURN?!?!" thread, but The Rock has shown a willingness to occasionally help out with the WWE. If he is in town for WrestleMania, I personally find it very hard to believe he would not end up involved in the show someway.

Agree? Disagree? If you agree, what do you see The Rock doing at WrestleMania XXIV? He has expressed no interest in getting back into the ring, but a match against John Cena would actually be really fucking good. It's not like Cena works a stiff style, he's about as watery as they come.

I'm basically just thinking out loud about The Rock's participation in WrestleMania/The Hall of Fame.

Xero
02-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Rock. Is. Never. Going. To. Wrestle. Again.

Is an appearance out of the question? No, not really. But unless he becomes washed up in Hollywood (and it will not happen anytime soon) he's never going to wrestle.

KYR
02-18-2008, 12:16 AM

Is an appearance out of the question? No, not really. But unless he becomes washed up in Hollywood (and it will not happen anytime soon) he's never going to wrestle.

That's it in a nutshell.

HOF is the only chance we will see him (or some lame video promo like last year).

Xero
02-18-2008, 12:19 AM
And let's face it, if they put him in the Hall of Fame, it pretty much seals that he's gone for pretty much good. Sure, maybe a few matches here or there like Hogan, but when you put someone into a HoF the best years are behind them, and I'm willing to bet that, deep down, Vince believes Rock will be back. It may be false hope, but I believe he believes it, and putting him in the HoF would mean for no more big runs.

KYR
02-18-2008, 12:22 AM
^ I was actually meaning if his father gets into the HoF and The Rock inducts him, but yeah if/when The Rock himself gets inducted then that's it.

El Fangel
02-18-2008, 12:46 AM

That's it in a nutshell.

HOF is the only chance we will see him (or some lame video promo like last year).

St. Jimmy
02-18-2008, 02:21 AM
I still want a one on one The Rock vs. Triple H at a Mania. Although it will never happen.

Dave Youell
02-18-2008, 07:17 AM
To say that he’ll never wrestle again is just dumb

Nobody knows what the future holds, I could see him doing a little bit with Marella at mania, Satino is the in ring, talking down Florida, talks about how rubbish there colleges are or something then…..

IF YA SMEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL……….

Rocky comes in, does 2 minutes of trash talking, a few punches, spine buster and a people’s elbow

All of this will also co-inside with a new Rocky T-Shirt

That would be a great mark out moment

Londoner
02-18-2008, 07:29 AM
And let's face it, if they put him in the Hall of Fame, it pretty much seals that he's gone for pretty much good. Sure, maybe a few matches here or there like Hogan, but when you put someone into a HoF the best years are behind them, and I'm willing to bet that, deep down, Vince believes Rock will be back. It may be false hope, but I believe he believes it, and putting him in the HoF would mean for no more big runs.

Flairs the exception to that rule.

But yeah illd love rock to be in HOF.

The Gold Standard
02-18-2008, 03:36 PM
To say that he’ll never wrestle again is just dumb

Nobody knows what the future holds, I could see him doing a little bit with Marella at mania, Satino is the in ring, talking down Florida, talks about how rubbish there colleges are or something then…..

IF YA SMEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL……….

Rocky comes in, does 2 minutes of trash talking, a few punches, spine buster and a people’s elbow

All of this will also co-inside with a new Rocky T-Shirt

That would be a great mark out moment

He will probably only come back to induct his father. After that he may show up and just do a promo like Youell said above.

Mr. Nerfect
02-18-2008, 05:28 PM

See, I'm not so sure about that. I mean, you have The Rock and JR saying that he's done, but let's say The Rock does appear (which is much more likely than him wrestling). What's so taboo about him getting back in the ring? He'll be associated with wrestling again? The man would be showing up to the event, so that's going to happen anyway.

The only reason I can think The Rock would be absolutely dead-set against wrestling, is because of the chance of injury. This is a fair concern, but I think that applies more to a regular return to wrestling. A single match could cause The Rock injury, but the WrestleMania payday for him would be huge. He can make a lot of money for less, but he could also make a ton of money doing more for just one night.

I'm not saying I completely disagree with you. I think it's very likely we will never see The Rock wrestle again. However, I think those chances do increase, and that it is not an impossibility, if The Rock is going to be at WrestleMania, inducting his family members, and close to his hometown.

Innovator
02-18-2008, 05:31 PM
This would be the best bet, just cause Mania is close to Miami. If he's filming right now theres no chance he'll show.

BUT

I wish I was mod, just to ban the daily Rock topic.

Mr. Nerfect
02-18-2008, 05:34 PM
This would be the best bet, just cause Mania is close to Miami. If he's filming right now theres no chance he'll show.

BUT

I wish I was mod, just to ban the daily Rock topic.

I know, they do get annoying. I wasn't going to say anything, but I just think there is actually reason for it now, as The Rock is very likely to at least be in bed with the WWE to some degree very soon.

Innovator
02-18-2008, 05:36 PM
I bet Vince has a voodoo king do some dances every day hoping the Rock's movie career tanks

Xero
02-18-2008, 05:38 PM
I bet Vince has a voodoo king do some dances every day hoping the Rock's movie career tanks

Is the Voodoo King going to be revealed as the Voodoo Kin Mafia's real leader?

Innovator
02-18-2008, 05:39 PM
It'd be better than seeing Bullet Bob on TV

Gerard
02-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Meh, unless he came back to even a part time schedule i couldn't really give a shit if he shows up at mania or the hall of fame. Anytime he does come back it just reminds us of what we're missing and starts a whole bunch of "omg is the rock coming back" posts.