PDA

View Full Version : 10 years later....

JJT420
02-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Seems like every 10 years WWE is gonna seem to think bringing in some badass boxer is gonna help things, Tyson in 98, and now Mayweather in 08, except this time their pissing it away on the Big Show....

Xero
02-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Mr. T before that... Sort of.

Loose Cannon
02-22-2008, 12:30 PM
It's a good angle. Mayweather doesn't seem to have the attitude Tyson did. Well maybe he does in real life, but he didn't come off like a badass on Raw to me, but it's still entertaining.

And if you want to talk about boxing and wrestling, 3 WORDS: Brawl For All

Kane Knight
02-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Why is it that the biggest boxers always seem to have the gayest voices?

Anyway, two boxers ten years apart doesn't equal a pattern.

BigDaddyCool
02-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Ali was at like 1 or 2 wasn't he. And they had Holyfield just a few months ago.

Mr. JL
02-22-2008, 12:48 PM
and tey haddd buttter bean!##^!YGB

bean bean butterbean!

Chavo Classic
02-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Wasting it on the Big Show? Not really, he's hot property at the moment having come back from an absence and getting decent pops.

Chavo Classic
02-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Also, how much of this has something to do with Big Show training to be a boxer over the last year? Of course the fight isn't going to be a shoot, but makes you think...

Avenger
02-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Big Show is awesome. I hope this push leads to him taking the WWE title at some point.

Jura
02-22-2008, 02:04 PM
You forget Tommy "Hitman" Hearns when he confronted Bret and then punched out The Anvil lol.

Volare
02-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Big Show is awesome. I hope this push leads to him taking the WWE title at some point.

Let Show squash Cena...show that the Big Show is back and a different giant than he was. Have Cena realize that he needs more than just power mover to take down a different Big Show (now that he's back and lost a lot of weight). Could be good for maybe a few months.

Porcupine
02-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Let Show squash Cena...show that the Big Show is back and a different giant than he was. Have Cena realize that he needs more than just power mover to take down a different Big Show (now that he's back and lost a lot of weight). Could be good for maybe a few months.

ERROR.

ONE CENA LOSS DETECTED

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

CENA WINS.

CENA MUST WIN.

THIS PROGRAM HAS PERFORMED AN ILLEGAL OPERATION AND MUST BE SHUT DOWN.

Kane Knight
02-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Wasting it on the Big Show? Not really, he's hot property at the moment having come back from an absence and getting decent pops.

Sad that decent pops are worth a major crossover angle.

The Optimist
02-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Big Show rules.

GD
02-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Show is highly underrated. Go to your nearby rental store or go to amazon.com and get judgement day 03.

Innovator
02-22-2008, 08:33 PM
They should have capitalized on the deal with UFC using WWE footage and UFC could have loaned a fighter for Mania. Fuck not even UFC, go get Randy Couture.

Kane Knight
02-22-2008, 08:52 PM
They should have capitalized on the deal with UFC using WWE footage and UFC could have loaned a fighter for Mania. Fuck not even UFC, go get Randy Couture.

Put an MMA fighter up against the Deadman.

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2008, 01:24 AM
Big Show is actually a draw. I can't remember the statistics or anything, but I think he either increased ratings by 30%, or got 30,000 more people to tune in. I remember the number 30.

It shocked me when I read it, but really, the guy is pretty big, and he has charisma about him. Given that he's also a fairly solid worker for someone his size, and that he can cut a great promo (I marked out like a bitch when he told Triple H he was full of shit), I don't think this is a "waste" at all. I mean, who else is Big Show going to face? The Great Khali? I'll pass on that one, thanks.

Big Show should set his sights on the World Heavyweight Championship, and try and become the first guy to become the WWE, WCW, ECW and World Heavyweight Champions. Then he should go down to Florida, and win the FCW Championship, and then vacate it and let them do a tournament for it, just so Big Show can say he's done everything in the WWE.

Has the WWE officially assigned Big Show a brand yet? I really think they should just go SmackDown! with him.

Mr. Nerfect
02-23-2008, 01:24 AM
Put an MMA fighter up against the Deadman.

I would care about that a lot more than I do Edge/Taker.

The Optimist
02-23-2008, 05:04 AM
I figured from the start that they'd have him come back as an official ECW wrestler, since his fued with Rey spilling over to Smackdown makes perfect sense for their mutual agreement idea. Then, when they get tired of it they can have Punk and Show do a cycle. Probably around Summerslam.