PDA

View Full Version : I got questions, niggas...

Funky Fly
02-23-2008, 07:32 AM
And they're all about the 360.

1. Do any of you guys get occasional beeps and shit while playing original Xbox games on the 360? I was playing Fable: The Lost Chapters (ie Fable plus new content) the other day and the shits kept beeping weirdly every 15 minutes or so. Also, the autosave shits takes a long time to come up, but not to actually save. Just wondering what could be causing it or whether it's just crappy emulation.

2. Is there a list of compatible Xbox games that can be played on the 360 and where do I get it?

3. Do all 360 games have 1000 achievement points?

4. WTF was EGM bitching so bad about Assassin's Creed's controls so badly for? They're awkward at first, but are sorta intuitive once you've adjusted.

5. Why was Assassin's Creed so easy? Finished it in like 2 days. Glad my brother gets free rentals or I'd be a little pissed blowing $60 for such a short game.

6. Back to serious questions now: Where do I go to get patches and compatibility updates and shit in Xbox Live?

7. Recommend me some games. I'm looking for older titles, Xbox titles and Arcade titles. I'm kinda aware of recent shits. Wait, that wasn't a question, lemme redo this: would yoube so kind as to recommend me some games?

G
02-23-2008, 07:36 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

That's the best I can do for now, as I am cooking bacon.

G
02-23-2008, 07:41 AM
yep, it burnt

ClockShot
02-23-2008, 07:45 AM
1. Haven't on my old games. I sometimes breakout Halo 2 and play, but never heard any beeps or anything of the like.

2. Click "support" at xbox.com. Last link on the list.

3. Yes.

4. Can't answer that.

5. Repetitive?

6. By right, the 360 should pick it up and download automatically. But I'd check xbox.com for a better answer.

7. Well, every month, Xbox now rolls out a few original xbox games on the marketplace for download. Check there if anything interest you. As for my picks, the only original Xbox titles I still own are Halo 1 & 2, K.O.T.O.R 1 & 2, and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Hope that helps you out.

Funky Fly
02-23-2008, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I saw the old Xbox hames available for dwnload, but when you only have 20 gigs and 5.9 gig game to d/l, it doesn't seem worth it. Probably should have just forked out the extra $100 for the elite model. :-\

Mr. Monday Morning
02-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Try the demo of Rez HD, see if it's your thing

Kane Knight
02-23-2008, 12:54 PM

1. Do any of you guys get occasional beeps and shit while playing original Xbox games on the 360? I was playing Fable: The Lost Chapters (ie Fable plus new content) the other day and the shits kept beeping weirdly every 15 minutes or so. Also, the autosave shits takes a long time to come up, but not to actually save. Just wondering what could be causing it or whether it's just crappy emulation.

2. Is there a list of compatible Xbox games that can be played on the 360 and where do I get it?

4. WTF was EGM bitching so bad about Assassin's Creed's controls so badly for? They're awkward at first, but are sorta intuitive once you've adjusted.

5. Why was Assassin's Creed so easy? Finished it in like 2 days. Glad my brother gets free rentals or I'd be a little pissed blowing $60 for such a short game.

6. Back to serious questions now: Where do I go to get patches and compatibility updates and shit in Xbox Live?

7. Recommend me some games. I'm looking for older titles, Xbox titles and Arcade titles. I'm kinda aware of recent shits. Wait, that wasn't a question, lemme redo this: would yoube so kind as to recommend me some games?

Some games have sound glitches. And video glitches.
Microsoft has one, it's mirrored on Wikipedia. Google it, mah negro.
No. Some have more, some have less.
The first part sounds like a good reason.
Probably because games are primarily for retards these days.
You automatically download most updates. Assuming you're on broadband. Are you?
Hunter: The Reckoning. Burnout 3 if you don't have it on another system. Flatout or Flatout 2 if you can get 'em cheap. The games are ass, but the bonus shit is fun as Hell.

Shaggy
02-23-2008, 01:43 PM

1. I have no idea, I havn experienced any of thise before. Are you playing the original downloaded from xbox live? or the original game itself?

2. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

3. No, some games had less in the beginning but most now have atleast 1000. Also some release new achievements with the DLC, like Oblivion for example.

4. Yea the controls bugged me in the beginning but it just took some time to get used to

5. I havnt beaten it yet mainly because I only got to play it for like 2 hours the whole week I had the game. I just got it back buy im to busy moving so I wont be able to play it till after I get into the apartment.

6. The patches update the minute you load the game into your xbox and you have xbox live. The same should go for original xbox games but thats only if they are on the compatibility list.

7. I dont wanna give you crappy titles because those are the ones I usually like.

Disturbed316
02-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah, a number of games now have 1250 or even 1500 achievement points thanks to download content.

Kane Knight
02-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Oh, another rec: Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge.

I wish I could find my copy. You can download it as an "original" but those are space whores and it's cheaper to buy the disc used. Massively underrated game.

Extreme Angle
02-24-2008, 01:27 PM
ok...
1. Not from what I can remember from halos... fable off the marketplace is fine though, great game btw.

yeah google it, should link you to microsoft

the majority of them, some like condemned and lotr battle for middle earth 2 have just under. and arcade ohave 200 obviously. some games with dlc have 1250.

EGM = Douche

Did you get all the flags and get 1000 gamerscore?

auto update

viva pinata if you want a pwnage time killer which is addicting. Rainbow six vegas, gears of war and saints row are all amazing.
Heard good stuff about knight of the old republic for xbox. kinda like mass effect, get that

LoDownM
02-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Oh, another rec: Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge.

I wish I could find my copy. You can download it as an "original" but those are space whores and it's cheaper to buy the disc used. Massively underrated game.

Crimson Skies was great. 1 of the 3 games I regularly played on Live back in the day.

Funky Fly
02-25-2008, 07:04 AM
Nah, I got almost 700 in Assassin's Creed. Fuck finding 100 King Richard flags.