PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one to notice this?

Xero
02-26-2008, 11:45 AM
I've noticed lately that you can now tell when wrestlers call spots in the ring more than before. I don't know if it's the new cameras, the way they're filming or the way they're micing the ring (probably a combination) but I've noticed it a lot lately.

Especially during the Hardy/Jericho match last night, I could hear them audibly (though I couldn't make it out) calling multiple spots and the camera placement was terrible in some spots with it.

Is this just my imagination, am I just noticing it more or has the leap to HD really affected this as WWE had feared?

Porcupine
02-26-2008, 11:52 AM
I havent noticed it but maybe thats because Im not paying enough attention.

BigDaddyCool
02-26-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure. I did notice that the Jericho Hardy match was kinda shitty. And the spots looked fake. Like that last pin combonation looked like crap. But I think it was the works, not the camera.

Londoner
02-26-2008, 11:53 AM
^ Yeh the jericho/hardy match was shite, hardys been shit ever since he got that new music.

Kane Knight
02-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Could just be that they're retarded and can't update themselves to HD, really.

BigDaddyCool
02-26-2008, 11:56 AM
They need to have a live hd nipple slip.

Stickman
02-26-2008, 12:30 PM
I have been noticing it. But what I've noticed more since HD came is on my regular non HD tv, camera work has sucked. Guys are almost out of frame quite often.

Jura
02-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah I could see Jericho's lips moving. People in the Raw thread were saying that it was an awesome match but I'm pretty sure it was lackluster. Also the HBK v Hardy match a while back could have been better. Hardy was consistent but it looked like HBK was holding back a lot and just letting Hardy win which I'm sure was the case. I really miss when the action was faster and smoother. Now the in ring work is slow and botchy.

Theo Dious
02-28-2008, 11:15 AM
They need to have a live hd nipple slip.

Dude, I wouldn't normally lash out at you like this, but PLEASE shut the hell up before Vince hears you and we get a HD shot of Mae Young's bare tittie.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2008, 07:44 PM
I remember reading something about the move to HD causing the WWE to tell guys to stop calling spots. That wouldn't work, though, because there needs to be some level of communication.

If I were on commentary, and it was not painfully obvious they were calling spots, that lips moving was just trash talk, respectful words of encouragement between two guys who respect each other, or communication with the referee.

Indifferent Clox
03-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Yeah I've been noticing this a lot more as well. I don't have HD either.

Xero
03-02-2008, 07:48 PM
I remember reading something about the move to HD causing the WWE to tell guys to stop calling spots. That wouldn't work, though, because there needs to be some level of communication.

If I were on commentary, and it was not painfully obvious they were calling spots, that lips moving was just trash talk, respectful words of encouragement between two guys who respect each other, or communication with the referee.

They used to do that. When it was glaringly obvious they were talking in a headlock or something they'd say it was trash talk.

They haven't done in a long while, though.

Indifferent Clox
03-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Kennedy makes his spot calling work because he's constantly talking anyway. And HBK praying (i suppose) all the way up the ring ramp is just still praying in the ring!

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2008, 12:17 AM
They used to do that. When it was glaringly obvious they were talking in a headlock or something they'd say it was trash talk.

They haven't done in a long while, though.

Yeah, I remember them doing that when I first started watching.

There are ways to communicate without seeming all nice to the guy. "I'm going to suplex you now, you piece of crap" while comical if he calls every move like that, would be good for the occasional spot. Referees could occasionally yell "cut the trash talk, *heel's name*!"

The commentators should really be the guys putting a kayfabe face on everything, though.