D Mac
03-01-2008, 11:14 AM
No shit

Londoner
03-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Haven't you been banned yet?

FourFifty
03-01-2008, 11:31 AM
I'd be more shocked if I was told that McDonalds was no longer serving the shamrock shake on St. Patty's Day.

scoobydoo22
03-01-2008, 11:31 AM
IF YOUR SMELLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT IS COOKING CAN YOU???

Xero
03-01-2008, 11:49 AM
WHAT THE FUCK?

Thank you for ruining Rock's return, thank you for ruining what would have been my only mark out moment in a year.

WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T YOU TYPE "SPOILERS" WHEN YOU TYPE WHAT THE SPOILER IS RIGHT BESIDE IT!!!!!!!!!

Now I know Rock is confirmed, he is my favourite wrestler, hearing his damn music hit would have made me mark out so bad, but no, you have to fucking ruin it, couldn't you make the title "Wrestlmania 24 major spoilers" alone? Seriously man, use your goddam brain. Why mark for spoilers when the spoiler is right beside where you mark for spoilers.

Fuck this shit, you're not the only one who does it, so many people do, i am out of the fucking wrestling forum besides for tipsters until Wrestlemania is over, see you all March thirty-first.

D Mac
03-01-2008, 11:50 AM
lol totally forgot about that shit

scoobydoo22
03-01-2008, 12:00 PM
WHAT THE FUCK?

Thank you for ruining Rock's return, thank you for ruining what would have been my only mark out moment in a year.

WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T YOU TYPE "SPOILERS" WHEN YOU TYPE WHAT THE SPOILER IS RIGHT BESIDE IT!!!!!!!!!

Now I know Rock is confirmed, he is my favourite wrestler, hearing his damn music hit would have made me mark out so bad, but no, you have to fucking ruin it, couldn't you make the title "Wrestlmania 24 major spoilers" alone? Seriously man, use your goddam brain. Why mark for spoilers when the spoiler is right beside where you mark for spoilers.

Fuck this shit, you're not the only one who does it, so many people do, i am out of the fucking wrestling forum besides for tipsters until Wrestlemania is over, see you all March thirty-first.

rofl you fucking poop stick, it was already confirmed by WWE.com

Pardeep 619
03-01-2008, 12:43 PM
LOL poop stick

Londoner
03-01-2008, 12:44 PM
lol, its funny this guy can't see that xero limit was taking the piss out of him.

IC Champion
03-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Wait, Xero, didn't we get into an argument one day because I thought Rock was great and you didnt?

Xero
03-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Good talker, shit in the ring. What's your point?

IC Champion
03-01-2008, 02:36 PM
I don't have a point, I felt like asking a question. Whats your point?

Xero
03-01-2008, 02:39 PM
That he was a good talker but shitty in the ring.

Big Vic
03-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Rock was good in the ring.

will he be at Wresltemaina?

Xero
03-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Nah.

To both.

IC Champion
03-01-2008, 05:37 PM
lol

Mr. JL
03-01-2008, 05:54 PM
The Rock should do a run in and cost Cena the match because Cena's a douchebag.

Xero
03-01-2008, 05:58 PM
All the moves, none of the charisma vs None of the moves, all of the charisma.

Huh, looks like the Rock and Chain Connection would work pretty well actually.

RVDmark
03-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Hang on a second.....

The Rock was awesome in ring. Ok he had a limited moveset, I can't argue with that, but aside from his submission moves the others were brilliant. The float over DDT, and Spinebuster stick out in memory, but his selling and psychology were very good imo.

No-one sells like the rock used to. HBK comes close, but the Rock was good to watch in his big matches, plus he's the only one that used to break the mould occasionally. Remember when Undertaker sat up in his usual manner in the middle of the people's elbow and rock just kicked him back down and finished the move. Its the little extra touches like that, and picking up the mic mid match that made him great to watch. Cena's not a patch on The Rock, in entertainment terms. I honestly think Kennedy is the closest to that formula, but they need to let him loose a more in his promo's (he owned orton this week) and actually let him back up what he says. Whilst Kennedy's promo's are great, they mean nothing if he can't back up what he says with a few decent wins. Not in the casual fans eyes. He doesn't have to win every week, but he needs to win a high profile match or 2.

Anyway, you can't say the Rock was bad in-ring, not on the whole package.

Mr. JL
03-02-2008, 06:24 AM
The Rock was fine in the ring.

His charisma just outshines everything he ever really did.

Xero
03-02-2008, 08:28 AM
If Rock had little or no charisma he would be considered a terrible wrestler by most. I'll be the first to admit that he had charisma, more than almost any other wrestler ever, but he was not a good wrestler by any means.

The only reason he had decent matches was because he had the charisma to cancel out the shittyness, and he worked with people who accentuated his strengths. That doesn't take away from the fact he was all show and didn't bring much wrestling-wise.

And before you say "you don't need to be a Chris Benoit in the ring to be considered good", I use Triple H as the yardstick for a realistic, modern view of a 'good' wrestler.

GD
03-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Just wanted to see a face off between Super Cena and the Great 1.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2008, 07:15 PM
All the moves, none of the charisma vs None of the moves, all of the charisma.

Huh, looks like the Rock and Chain Connection would work pretty well actually.

Hold on a fucking minute! Cena has moves?

:shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2008, 07:20 PM
I never really liked The Rock's wrestling skills. I thought he was overrated, and when he was around, I quite frankly, did not like him. Now that he's gone, though, I probably wouldn't mind seeing half the roster cut off so they could pay The Rock to return.

He was never super fantastic in the ring, but he knew the style he grew into well. He managed to have an Iron Man Match with Triple H that many consider a classic. He's also been a part of some other great matches. The Rock could bring the excitement in the ring, at the very least. He was quite dramatic in wrestling style, and while a lot of his moves looked really weak at times, his matches never felt horrible to watch.

I wish I could say the same for Cena, whose offence is also weak, but doesn't have the charisma, timing or dramatic understanding of a Rock. I will say that Cena handled the spot in his TLC Match where he FU'd Edge off the ladder well. Cena may be a better wrestler than The Rock, to be honest, but he's working a style that isn't natural to him, and it's far more awkward than The Rock's watery stuff ever was.

Xero
Hold on a fucking minute! Cena has moves?

:shifty:

More than Rock.

road doggy dogg
If Rock had little or no charisma he would be considered a terrible wrestler by most. I'll be the first to admit that he had charisma, more than almost any other wrestler ever, but he was not a good wrestler by any means.

The only reason he had decent matches was because he had the charisma to cancel out the shittyness, and he worked with people who accentuated his strengths. That doesn't take away from the fact he was all show and didn't bring much wrestling-wise.

And before you say "you don't need to be a Chris Benoit in the ring to be considered good", I use Triple H as the yardstick for a realistic, modern view of a 'good' wrestler.

The Rock's matches were always entertaining. He knew how to get the crowd into every one of his matches, and was good at it. That is a "good wrestler" to me, in the world of professional wrestling.

Also, crossrine.

Xero
03-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Sports Entertainment maybe, not professional wrestling.

Kane Knight
03-02-2008, 07:24 PM
I can't believe anyone actually tried to say the Rock sold well.

road doggy dogg
03-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Sports Entertainment maybe, not professional wrestling.

Pretty much the same thing as far as I'm concerned/care about. It's not like people watch WWE to see amateur wrestling, they like shiney lights and crossrine.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2008, 07:30 PM
More than Rock.

I'm not so sure about that. I actually agree with what you are saying about The Rock, but let's count:

The Rock:
* Shitty slap punch (with the occasional spit variation)
* Flying clothesline
* Belly-to-belly suplex
* Samoan drop
* People's DDT
* Float-over DDT
* "Spine on the Pine" Spinebuster
* Leg drag
* Sharpshooter
* People's Elbow
* Rock Bottom

That gives The Rock roughly ten regularly used moves. Let's count Cena's:

* Retarded punches
* Flying shoulder block
* Belly-to-belly suplex
* Sit-down hip toss (not sure if he still does it since injury)
* Bulldog
* Throwback
* Flying Leg Drop to bent-over opponent
* Killswitch
* Freestyle/Protoplex (Release Vertical Fisherman Suplex)
* Drop toe hold
* STFU
* Five Knuckle Shuffle
* FU

Holy shit, John Cena does actually win. By like three moves.

Xero
03-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Pretty much the same thing as far as I'm concerned/care about. It's not like people watch WWE to see amateur wrestling, they like shiney lights and crossrine.
When I think pro wrestling, I think something like Jim Crockett' NWA, not a wrapper dude or a guy who's best lines were poop jokes.

Xero
03-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Told ya.:cool:

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I still think that the best seller in the WWE is Val Venis. And I'm not just saying that because I love the guy. He actually does a fantastic job of getting his ass kicked (I mean, it's not like the guy has not had practice). If he's not the absolute best (because it's hard to believe Val is the best at anything), he's definitely up there.

The Rock and Shawn Michaels can have cases made for them, but I think both tend to oversell at times. It does make their opponent look vicious, though. Ric Flair can turn up the selling when he needs to, as well. I haven't really studied Flair's selling, though.

A lot of guys get selling, but a lot of guys (especially the younger ones these days) don't.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Told ya.:cool:

I will never doubt you again.

road doggy dogg
03-02-2008, 07:36 PM
When I think pro wrestling, I think something like Jim Crockett' NWA, not a wrapper dude or a guy who's best lines were poop jokes.

Well since I'm pretty sure The Rock has never wrestled in NWA, I guess your point has a lot of merit and relevence. Crossrine.

Xero
03-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Hm, true.

Kane Knight
03-02-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm not so sure about that. I actually agree with what you are saying about The Rock, but let's count:

The Rock:
* Shitty slap punch (with the occasional spit variation)
* Flying clothesline
* Belly-to-belly suplex
* Samoan drop
* People's DDT
* Float-over DDT
* "Spine on the Pine" Spinebuster
* Leg drag
* Sharpshooter
* People's Elbow
* Rock Bottom

That gives The Rock roughly ten regularly used moves. Let's count Cena's:

* Retarded punches
* Flying shoulder block
* Belly-to-belly suplex
* Sit-down hip toss (not sure if he still does it since injury)
* Bulldog
* Throwback
* Flying Leg Drop to bent-over opponent
* Killswitch
* Freestyle/Protoplex (Release Vertical Fisherman Suplex)
* Drop toe hold
* STFU
* Five Knuckle Shuffle
* FU

He overcame the odds.

Xero
03-02-2008, 08:27 PM
What are the odds?

Y2Ant
03-02-2008, 08:30 PM
I like shiney lights but not so much crossrine.

The Rock > U

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2008, 11:59 PM
He overcame the odds.

:lol:

pj69
03-03-2008, 11:23 AM
IMO, the Rock's charisma and enthusiasm more than made up for his limited moveset. Overall, he was a great worker.