PDA

View Full Version : CHIKARA King of Trios weekend results - Demolition! One Man Gang! GLACIER!

Mr. Monday Morning
03-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Shamelessly taken from elsewhere

Night One

Chikara's "King of Trios 2008: Night One"
Live at the New Alhambra Arena in scenic south Philadelphia, PA
February 29, 2008

A cold night in Philadelphia and it's hard to type this, to be honest. Regardless, we're in! Looking at the back of a ticket just sold, we're going to have a house upward of 550 tonight, not including non-fan club walkups. A new ring mat on the Arena ring with "CHIKARA" on it. Spring schedule is on the back of the art book:

4/19 - Hellertown
4/20 - Philadelphia
5/17 - Hellertown
5/18 - Philadelphia
5/23 - Worcester, MA
5/24 - Wallingford, CT

In King of Trios: Night One fashion, following in suit from last year, the ringside physician is holding the show up. Last year snow shutting down the highways, this year it's highway traffic on 95. Should be a few short minutes (read: show starts at 1 AM).

7:35 and...we're off to the races! TRIOS IS HERE! Opening ceremony is NOT HERE.

First Round: ROH Students (Shane Hagadorn, Alex Payne, Rhett Titus) vs Las Chivas Rayadas (Chiva II, Chiva III, Chiva IV)

Everyone hates ROH. Chivas have their CAMERAS! I love these goats. I can't lie, the ROH students are decent, but Las Chivas? Awesome. Many spots including blinding Sugarfoot with the camera flash. Las Chivas advance after a moonsault. Okay match, went a bit too long. (insert witty comment about ROH students going too long here)

First Round Match: El Dorado (Mototsugu Shimizu, Go, Michael Nakazawa) vs The Colony (Fire Ant, Worker Ant, Soldier Ant)

I can hear Dan marking out for Michael Nakazawa and his copious amounts of body oil from here. Michael's tights - not family friendly. I can see his bottom, unacceptable. Michael informed us that HE IS SEXY. Worker Ant slips off of him when attempting lockups before using a towel to get a waistlock. Many oil-based spots ensued and Michael is officially the breakout star of KOT08. Nakazawa attempted a DDT and slid off. I am in tears laughing right now, Michael needs to be on EVERY SHOW. The greatest match ever. The Colony advance with the Ant Hill. Robbery.

First Round: Kaiju Big Battel's Sea Amigos (D.W. Cycloptopuss III, Unibouzo, Call-Me-Kevin) vs The Order of the Neo-Solar Temple (Ultramantis Black, Hydra, Crossbones)

Ultramantis has informed us that DOCTOR CUBE has aligned himself with the Neo-Solar Temple. Cube has provided Mantis with tartar sauce to help defeat and eliminate Call-Me-Kevin for good! Ultramantis puts Call-Me-Kevin away with tartar sauce and a Praying Mantis Bomb to advance the Temple. Fun stuff, Kaiju much better received this go round.

First Round: Team Egypt (Ophidian, Amassis, Mecha Mummy) vs Team AMEX (Mike Quackenbush, Shane Storm, Skayde)

SKAYDESKAYDESKAYDESKAYDEOMGOMGOMG. Came out with the mask and took it off when introduced. So awesome, everyone is doing great. Mecha Mummy busted out his palm thrust add-on just for Dan and rocked Quack. Amasis is so freakin' awesome, in case you guys didn't know. Quack pins Ophidian. Really, really fun match. Nothing groundbreaking, but still pretty cool.

First Round: Team Dr. Keith (Brodie Lee, Jimmy Olsen, ?) vs Team WTF?! (Cheech, Cloudy, Dragon Gate's ring announcer KZ)

The mystery partner for Team Dr. Keith is...hold on, who cares?! m.c. KZ is rapping! The mystery partner is chosen OUT OF A MACHINE of sorts, can't see. Colin Delaney? Not here... Johnny Kashmere? Yeah, not here. Retail Dragon? In the house! Brodie is none too pleased with this. For all two of you that care that aren't here, Cheech and Cloudy upheld Trios tradition by rubbing the bald head of EdWood for good luck. They've never lost a match in the Trios tournament after doing so, so if they keep it up, chances are high that they could take it all! A pretty boring match until Brodie and Jimmy saved it with some awesome little spots. Team WTF?! Advance after a frog splash from KZ. Okay stuff in all. Brodie murdered Retail Dragon after the match. KZ has my approval to stay.

First Round: Team IPW:UK (Martin Stone, Sha Samuel, Terry Frazier) vs Naptown Dragons (Drake Younger, Dustin Lee, Scotty Vortekz)

The limeys are working HEAVY rudo, and doing awesome at it, while the Naptowns are just flipping and diving all over. Insane brawling all over, this RULES. The Brits smell like VapoRub much like Pac. Eww. Dan. Prepare to eat DVD's. Team IPW:UK advances after a tapout due to a Boston Crab.

Second Round: The Colony vs Las Chivas Rayadas

Bryce took a nice photo of the teams before the match, and then it busted out into Chikara six-man chain madness. Hilarious early on, and pretty good throughout. Fire Ant hits a top rope Beach Break for the win. I demand a rematch.

Second Round: BLK Out (Eddie Kingston, Joker, Sabian) vs The Order of the Neo-Solar Temple

Holy shit. Mantis and Crossbones have GLADIATOR-LIKE FACE MASKS for their entrance. Amazing. A decent match, Hydra got a little serious and started getting some good offense in before Joker murdered him for the pin. I like the serious streak the Order seems to be gaining little by little, it's awesome to see they could actually go as opposed to just the comedy schtick.

Second Round: Team AMEX vs Team WTF?!

Skayde seems to be really appreciative of the love he gets here, which is well deserved. What a great man. Cheech is working a totally nerdy rudo and it's so goofy it's great. Early Chikara trio spots abound with AMEX. Quack busted himself open bigtime on a dive, but Skayde rolled up KZ for the win to advance to Sunday.

Second Round and Your Main Event: Team IPW:UK vs IncoHelios (Delirious, Hallowicked, Helios)

The new belts are apparently upgraded versions of the Campeones de Parejas, with black leather straps and gold plates. I can't get over how awesome the Brits are. They're just dickhead soccer hooligans that have no problem soccer chanting and getting rowdy right in your face. Amazing. Dan, your hate for these men is just wrong. FAIL. IncoHelios wins after Hallowicked taps out Frazier with the Chikara Special.

Good show! A fine start to what has the potential to be the best tournament in Chikara history.

Night Two

Chikara's "King of Trios 2008: Night Two
Live from the corner of Swanson and Rittner in beautiful south Philadelphia, PA
March 1, 2008

We're here! Whoo! HUGE turnout tonight, I'd even venture to say more than last night. Good stuff, let's hope everything starts on time.

First Round: The Southern Saints (Shawn Reed, Marcus O'Neil, Reno Diamond) vs Team Japan (KUDO, MIYAWAKI, SUSUMU)

The Southern Saints are awesome on entrance, as the two black dudes were pseudo-Klansmen and the white guy was a thug. They patted the Saints down and found no less than 20 chains hidden all over the three men. Hilarious. Reno Riggins' reactions to every little thing are awesome, and he makes for a great last second replacement. The Saints are just great men. Meanwhile, I don't know if you heard but Team Japan has KUDO and MIYAWAKI on it, so they're immediately awesome by default. SUSUMU made for a great addition as well, his junior style blends in well with the other two. SUSUMU pins Marcus O'Neal with a modified swinging Yoshitonic. The Saints were well received.

First Round: Da Soul Touchaz (Acid Jaz, Willie Richardson, Marshe Rockett) vs Team BSE (Cobra Kai, Super Xtremo, La Sombra)

Soul Touchaz are OVER, while apparently BSE are a team of dissension as Kobra Kai is an evil man. Willie da Bomb FLEW, and I can hear Dan marking out when watching the DVD at home. Another first round match that went a little too long. Neither team was bad, but nothing to write home about. Kobra Kai walked out on his teammates and Willie saved the match with an awesome top rope legdrop on La Sombra for the win. Everyone's soul has been touched.

First Round: FIST (Icarus, Gran Akuma, Chuck Taylor) vs Sweet and Sour Inc. (Tank Toland, Bobby Dempsey, Sara Del Ray)

Chuck lied. No matching tights. The rapist is over here, screw his fat ass. I hope this goes to a draw and no one advances. Tank actually was really fun here, hitting all of his aerobic based spots for good laughs. By the way, Americool's getting mileage out of his mask tonight, was seen sulking outside wearing it and has not taken it off since. Hopefully he won't be entering as El Sundae Grande, the mystery partner for Los Ice Creams. Akuma kicking the snot out of Sara = money. Chuck then claimed he was going to beat her LIKE HIS EX GIRLFRIEND. Akuma later kicked Dempsey IN THE REAR. Awesome. Buncha rapelovers chanting for Dempsey, disgusting. Icarus pins Bobby Dempsey after a pedigree. Okay stuff, again, nothing special.

First Round: Fabulous Three (Mitch Ryder, Larry Sweeney, Shayne Hawke) vs Team Stranglehold (Tim Donst, Drew Gulak, Andy Sumner)

SHAYNE HAS A ROBE. Fun little arch, really quick and easy. Perfect example of a great first round match. Sweeney pinned Sumner after a top rope elbow drop.

First Round: Team F1RST (Arik Cannon, North Star Express) vs Team IWS (El Generico, Super Smash Brothers)

Phone started going weird during this and I lost the description of the best spot ever, but awesome. I'll detail at intermission, but Uno and Stu pinned Cruz for the win.

First Round: Los Ice Creams (Ice Cream Jr, El Hijo Del Ice Cream, ?) vs Mucha Lucha (Lince Dorado, El Pantera, Incognito)

Mystery partner time...Iceman King Parsons? Not here. Lance Steel? Not here. Glacier? Here! IT'S GLACIER! Ice Creams worked a hard rudo style with lots of trickery. Glacier actually looked decent for not having worked luchadores in nearly a decade. So fun to see these men working one another. Sprinkles! They had the nerve to use those dangerous sprinkles on Lince! Lince pins Ice Cream Jr. after a moonsault from the same corner from Chapter 11. Awesome.

Second Round: Team AZW (AkuA, The Immortals) vs Team Japan

Poor parenting is running wild at the arena as a young boy is now standing next to me in the zeroth row. I can only hope FIST come out next. Quite a bit of dissension as Ak'ua is a nice strapping babyface while these Immortals are...really, really bad heels. They actually left and then came back at one point. Bad match, the AZW guys suuuuuck. KUDO pins Ak'ua with the double knee strike.

Second Round: Team FIST vs Da Soul Touchaz

Someone please pre-emptively start a Bring Back Da Soul Touchaz thread, just so you can get on the bandwagon first. In fact, let's just get rid of BLK OUT and replace them with a fun stable like this. FIST had some really cool three man moves here, but nowhere near as fun as Willie da Bomb flying. Taylor pins Jazz with the Omega Driver in an awesome match. Real fun stuff.

Second Round: Team WWF (Demolition, One Man Gang) vs Fabulous 3

Oh, this is awesome. Sweeney starts out with a promo...STRUTOFF WITH ONE MAN GANG (W/ AKEEM HAT MADE BY BALD GUY'S MOM) TO JIVE SOUL BRO!!!!!!!!!! I am practically in tears between laughing and marking out. Shayne went out of his way to tell the annoying little kid in row zero that he hates him. That makes two of us. Mitch Ryder pins One Man Gang after a loaded punch with knucks. A grand robbery, I say.

Second Round and Your Main Event: Team IWS vs Mucha Lucha

A terrifyingly loud feedback noise aired over the PA for Incognito's music. God seemingly does not love him. He and Stup had a really fun exchange early on...Stup needs to come back forever, by the way. Just want you to all know. Most of the match felt like it was going at half speed, but they picked it up a bit at the end. Incognito pins Stupefied. A bit Briscoe-ish with the nearfalls at the end, but what can ya do?

Mr. Monday Morning
03-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Night Three

Chikara's "King of Trios 2008: Night Three"
Live from the former ECW Arena in lovely south Philadelphia, PA
March 2, 2008

A gift and a curse, the final day of King of Trios is here. Tired but ready for what's sure to be a fun time. No jokes about Bobby Dempsey today, I promise. Attendance is about the same as last night, perhaps a bit higher, so 550-ish. Great turnout on a lovely day in south Philadelphia. The PSAC once again vote Chikara as the best wrestling promotion in Pennsylvania.

Quarterfinals: Team FIST vs The Colony

Very interesting matchup here, as Dave noted a lot of people had this as their finals matchup. FIST still don't all have matching tights thanks to that jerk Chuck Taylor, but they do have matching wristbands. I just don't think Team FISW will work. Fire Ant pins Gran Akuma following the Ant Hill! Hot ending, real fun opener. My bracket's busted, but more importantly, FIST lost.

Quarterfinals: Mucha Lucha vs Quack/Storm/Skayde

Skayde and Pantera, anyone? Really fun, long sequence between the two of them. It was also really cool to see Quack and Skayde in there doubleteaming and just looking like two old friends reunited. A pretty long one that saw Pantera roll up Quack for the win. After the match, Pantera challenged Quack for the NWA Jr. Heavyweight title. That will rule beyond belief.

Quarterfinals: BLK Out vs Team Japan

MIYAWAKI VS KINGSTON!!!!!! Joker once proceeded to stick his hand in his pants and then fishhook KUDO. How gross. AWESOME, stiff match that just ruled. Kingston pinned SUSUMU following a backfist to the future. SUSUMU is welcomed back. God, awesome match. Sad to see the Japanese go.

Quarterfinal: The Fabulous Three vs Incohelios

We have ourselves an addition to the Delirious family with Delhelios making an appearance tonight. Hallowicked and Mitch Ryder are great together, more matches with those two, PLEASE. The Fabulous Three are such an awesome squad together, Hawke blends in perfectly. Incohelios advance after a Shadows Over Hell/SSP combo from Delirious and Delhelios, who got the pin on Sweeney. The Fabs attacked the winners after the match, laying them out all over the Arena. FIST cut a promo and cashed in their rematch for the 4/20 Arena show.

Tag Team Gauntlet!!!

- The Immortals vs North Star Express: quick and clean, Cruz Control for the win.
- NSE vs The Kartel: god bless the Brits. NSE tap to the crossface/boston crab combo
- Kartel vs Southern Saints: wild brawling throughout the crowd when the Kartel jumped the Saints on entrance. Marcus O'Neal pins Sha Samuels with a dragonrana.
- Saints vs Las Chivas: Chivas pinned Marcus O'Neal following a Doomsday Device with the ass of the goat.
- Chivas vs Super Smash Bros: some miscommunication but eh, not horrible. An unpaused annihilation on Uno gas Las Chivas another win.
- Chivas vs Go/Shimizu: Go pinned Chiva after a Go Flash...er, alright, real result is Shimizu catching a Chiva in his Cattle Mutilationish hold for the submission.
- El Dorado vs Sara del Rey and Bobby Dempsey: Dempsey pinned Go with a Death Valley Driver. Yep. That's all I have to say.
- S&S vs The Order of the Neo Solar Temple (Hydra and Crossbones): Sara killed her some Hydra before Dempsey tapped to the Hydralock...with some help from Crossbones kicking him in the stomach.
- ONST vs Demolition: AWESOME! Demolitin Decapitation on Hydra for the victory and they are the winners of the 2008 KOT Tag Gauntlet! Demolition has one point.

Semi-Finals: BLK Out vs IncoHelios

From Delhelios to Heliwicked! Him and Kingston got NASTY with one another early on, some disgusting slaps to the face. Got so nasty the he actually broke Heliwicked's stem! Hallowicked and Kingstn showed they still had some unfinished business throughout the match, but the match ended when Joker faked a foul from Hallowicked behind Bryce's back for BLK Out to get the DQ win to advance.

Semi-Finals: The Colony vs Mucha Lucha

Vin Gerard attempted to interfere and was cut off by Fire Ant, but Vin kept him to the outside while Mucha Lucha put Worker Ant away, as Incognito pinned him with a moonsault.

Four Corner Elimination: Vin Gerard vs Martin Stone vs Reno DIAMOND vs Glacier

Again, the most over that Glacier has ever been. More chain chicanery with Reno Diamond. Great tension between Glacier and Vin. Stone eliminated Diamond early, then Glacier put Stone away. Stone got his revenge while Gerard distracted the ref, allowing Vin to get his first ever true upper hand. Fans chanted "Equinox", really getting under the creep's skin. Glacier attempted his superkick, but Vin swept the leg and grabbed a rollup with tights for the pin.

MICHAEL NAKAZAWA vs m.c. KZ

All is good in the world. Michael let us know he is so slippery that all wrestling from KZ is USELESS. So many great oil spots! KZ Time for the pin on Nakazawa.

Chiva II, Create A Wrestler, Tim Donst and Arik Cannon vs Osirian Portal and Los Ice Creams

Quick and fun. Match ended with an eight man chain of sleeperholds with Donst putting all seven to sleep. Fun!

King of Trios 2008 Finals: BLK Out vs Mucha Lucha

Kingston with seizure jokes on Lince early. So much heat. Both teams putting on performances far above par early on. Kingston: "Tag me in! I wanna flip! Dude, I can flip..." Joker planted Lince up on that turnbuckle and yelled "BRAINBUSTAHHH!", then climbed up while King yelled "Give him a seizure!" Joker went for the faked foul again but Bryce knew better. Lince taps Kingston with the Chikara Special! Awesome match!

King of Trios 2008 Winners: Lince Dorado, El Pantera y Incognito, Los Luchadores de Mexico!

thecc
03-03-2008, 08:49 AM
I can't wait for this to come out on dvd.

Xero
03-03-2008, 09:45 AM
LOL, that's just sad.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-03-2008, 09:48 AM
It is actually magnificent.

Xero
03-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Sad.

thecc
03-03-2008, 10:21 AM
So what exactly is sad about it?

Xero
03-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Everything.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-03-2008, 10:32 AM
If you can actually give some kind of reason as to why you think that then fine, otherwise you're just trolling.

Xero
03-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Going from a very popular tag team in the biggest promotion in the US to jobbing in a comedy promotion.

Erebus
03-03-2008, 12:04 PM
They're how old now? Do you expect them to be on top? They likely just did it for fun, what is so wrong with that?

Xero
03-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Hey, if they don't care, all the more to them. I still find it sad.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Jesus christ it's PRO WRESTLING. It's not like Babe Ruth coming out to play for your local bar team.

Xero
03-03-2008, 01:23 PM
If Babe Ruth came out to play for ANYONE, even a tee-ball team, I'd be ecstatic, considering he'd be a zombie.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Ugh, fine. It's like Jordan playing a game in Rucker Park. There is no great meaning attached to it, it's just fun.

Actually I just remembered you're the guy who was complaining that you don't 'get' CHIKARA, so this makes some sense.

Xero
03-03-2008, 02:14 PM
I never said I didn't get Chikara, I said I didn't understand how people can like that and then shit on WWE's ridiculous shit.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-03-2008, 02:18 PM
You must be missing something if you can't take it in the way it's intended without being all "Oh noes, they is embarrassing themselves, woe is pro wrestling"

Xero
03-03-2008, 02:19 PM
You must be missing something if you don't consider Chikara a comedy promotion.

thecc
03-03-2008, 02:24 PM
You don't even follow it. There biggest angles last year had nothing to with comedy.

Xero
03-03-2008, 02:26 PM
How do you expect me to follow it if I have to pay $10-20 for every fucking show?

Besides, seriously, if the majority of angles/gimmicks are comedy, it's still a promotion based on comedy.

thecc
03-03-2008, 02:45 PM
They aren't though.

Xero
03-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Sure. :roll:

Blitz
03-03-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm surprised the Colony didn't win actually, after the rather large push they've gotten in the last year.

I suppose it's all about Lince.

Do you post on chikarafans, MMM?

Blitz
03-03-2008, 02:49 PM
And from what I hear, the Soul Touchaz and Michael Nakazawa are amazing. I want to see these shows.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Sure. :roll:

So you don't watch it at all but you know everything about it? Ok.

BTW it doesn't really work out that much more expensive than ordering every WWE PPV.

Do you post on chikarafans, MMM?

I don't, but I probably should. It certainly seems a better place than the mutant epicentre that is the ROH boards. Results are courtesy chikarafans via DVDVR.

CSL
03-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Didn't expect to see Sha Samuels and Terry Frazier in Chikara. Cool to see them doing this. Good team.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Reading over them again it sounds like the guy got MIYAWAKI and KUDO mixed up - former is the cruiser who does the double knees, latter is the big ass kickboxer who beat the shit out of Necro last year.

thecc
03-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Reading over them again it sounds like the guy got MIYAWAKI and KUDO mixed up - former is the cruiser who does the double knees, latter is the big ass kickboxer who beat the shit out of Necro last year.I thought that was Yago who had that match with Necro.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Well fuck, I just got pwned.

Which one's KUDO then :$

thecc
03-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Kudos the one who does double knees from the tree of wow.

Blitz
03-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Yago needs to come back.

Mr. Monday Morning
03-04-2008, 04:07 AM
Kudos the one who does double knees from the tree of wow.

Wears black & yellow? Comes out with nunchucks?

Well then I'm at a loss as to which one MIYAWAKI is :$ I need to go back and watch last years.

thecc
03-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Miyawaki gave Sal Thomaselli that ridiculous headbut.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d34tPj8zoM0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d34tPj8zoM0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>