View Full Version : Wrestlemania 25 location

Rob
03-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Apparently it's in Houston.

KingofOldSchool
03-03-2008, 06:40 PM
AGAIN?!

GOD DAMMIT

COMMON 'E WE'VE GOT A BRAND FUCKING NEW FOOTBALL STADIUM THAT IS PERFECT FOR MANIA.

SammyG
03-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Yao Ming vs Gheorge Muresan

Mr. Pierre
03-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Wayne Gretzky was just found burning his WrestleMania 25 shirt

Mr. Pierre
03-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Was that even on the list for potential WM locations that was posted a few weeks ago?

Jordan
03-03-2008, 07:02 PM
It's a sure bet for WWE, they will of course sell out and make tons of money.

RVDmark
03-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Wrestlemania in the UK, why not, grrr. Maybe WM26 will be over here. :(

Halbowsky
03-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Where did this news come from?

Xero
03-03-2008, 07:43 PM
I heard it on a PWInsider hotline.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Houston makes sense to me, for several reasons:

1) WrestleMania XXV is going to be a big WrestleMania. It's the 25th one, which seems like a landmark number to me. The WWE is going to want to make it a big deal. Phoenix, in my opinion, does not seem like a big deal location. WrestleMania X-7, which many consider one of, if not the, greatest PPVs of all-time, was also held in Houston. It's just a nice continuance, I think.

2) I get the feeling WrestleMania XXV will be where The Undertaker's streak is laid to rest. Doing it in Houston, Taker's hometown, is a great way to increase the emotional investment in the moment. Of course, I may be giving the WWE far too much credit for how fun they're planning ahead.

3) Texas fans are normally pretty markish. Smart crowds have died down a lot, as I think most fans have gotten sick of either following the WWE, or paying large sums of money to attend their events, but in a location like Houston, fans are morely likely to cheer a Rey Mysterio push, where if you go to New York City, a few fans may not be as accepting.

I mean, just a few of the positives that Houston will provide. I think Madison Square Garden would have been great for the 25th WrestleMania, but Houston makes a lot of sense, really.

Porcupine
03-04-2008, 04:11 PM
I was thinking it should be in MGS too. I dont see the reasoning for putting it in Houston, but oh well, its gonna do great anyway.

Ninti the Mad
03-04-2008, 04:20 PM
3) Texas fans are normally pretty markish. Smart crowds have died down a lot, as I think most fans have gotten sick of either following the WWE, or paying large sums of money to attend their events, but in a location like Houston, fans are morely likely to cheer a Rey Mysterio push, where if you go to New York City, a few fans may not be as accepting.

I am just going to assume that you are retarded.

However, this is an assumption, but since you are predisposed to making generalized assumptions, it is acceptable.

RP
03-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Was that even on the list for potential WM locations that was posted a few weeks ago?

who was on the list?

Lord-Of-Darkness
03-04-2008, 04:43 PM
I was thinking it should be in MGS too. I dont see the reasoning for putting it in Houston, but oh well, its gonna do great anyway.

I think WM30 is more likely to be in MSG, that seems to be the theme they're going with. The decade milestones.

Mr. Pierre
03-04-2008, 08:51 PM
who was on the list?

Phoenix, Vegas, and something else

Mr. Nerfect
03-04-2008, 09:19 PM
I am just going to assume that you are retarded.

However, this is an assumption, but since you are predisposed to making generalized assumptions, it is acceptable.

No, I think it is pretty reasonable. Texas crowds, whenever the WWE have attended, have been pretty predictable, which is good for their "controversial" faces, who don't get cheered.

Xero
03-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Phoenix, Vegas, and something else

The Garden I think. Or possibly Philly.