PDA

View Full Version : Next week's RAW sounds pretty interesting

Mr. Nerfect
03-04-2008, 02:11 AM
A three hour RAW composed of matches that have taken place at a previous WrestleMania. It leaves a few of the newer guys with limited options, but I can pray that we get Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho. Please, God. Please.

NYDon
03-04-2008, 02:56 AM
I'm pulling for Tatanka to return so HBK can finally get his win back.

The Optimist
03-04-2008, 03:44 AM
On 3 hour shows buisness usually picks up, so I'm looking forward to it despite Wrestlemania Retred nights/matches usually sucking.

Dave Youell
03-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Hmmmm…..

HHH/Taker would be very cool as would Orton/Taker

Cena/JBL *shudders*

Kane Knight
03-04-2008, 09:08 AM
So...If taker loses, does that mean his streak is retroactively over?

Londoner
03-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Interesting, cause they really need to pick things up after last night. I can't believe how shit that raw was. Would love to see jericho/hbk.

Dave Youell
03-04-2008, 09:27 AM
So...If taker loses, does that mean his streak is retroactively over?

Yes, but he could always reverse time and make it seem like it never happened, time travel is one of Taker’s powers right?

Xero
03-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Yes, but he could always reverse time and make it seem like it never happened, time travel is one of Taker’s powers right?

No, but it's one of the writing team's powers.

Dave Youell
03-04-2008, 09:36 AM
No, but it's one of the writing team's powers.

That must be in a paradox universe where he thinks he can turn back time so we forget about the past, either that or by being internet fans we are immune to their time travel ways.

*note to self, less caffeine at work*

Xero
03-04-2008, 09:40 AM
Well, when he goes back in time to change the path, the timeline skews off onto a tangent, creating an alternate present when he comes back in time. So while he does go back in time, he returns in that past's future present, not this future present.

Dave Youell
03-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Well, when he goes back in time to change the path, the timeline skews off onto a tangent, creating an alternate present when he comes back in time. So while he does go back in time, he returns in that past's future present, not this future present.

So if we go back to 1955 and get that book off Biff, 1985 will get back to normal?

MARTY!!!!!!!!

Loose Cannon
03-04-2008, 10:59 AM
ohhh,

How about Ted Dibiase vs Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

They're both under contract, right? hoooooo

Heros Welcome
03-04-2008, 11:36 AM
When I first saw the commercial and the people advertised for it, My first reaction was, Trips in charge and we get Orton Taker to weaken Orton even more. But then after the ME was over I'm leaning towards Cena Trips II with Orton in charge.

Also with them saying Punk will be there who could he face?

Punk Hardy?

Maybe Punk v. Kennedy since they were the last 2 on the ladder

thedamndest
03-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Koko B. Ware (w/ Frankie) v. Rick "The Model" Martel

Mr. JL
03-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Batista versus HHH

John Cena versus Shawn Michaels

Ric Flair versus The Undertaker

or

Randy Orton versus The Undertaker

Chris Jericho versus William Regal

#1-norm-fan
03-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Don't forget Randy Orton is running the show, therefore he will be controlling what matches HHH and Cena are in.

That being said, I'm calling Cena vs. Big Show and HHH vs. Taker.

Jeritron
03-04-2008, 02:51 PM
I'd like to think we'll get rematches of great matches, but most of those possibilites are currently fresh and/or split brand and could possibly draw in the near future. They'll probably give us one big one to main even the show.

But we're going to see Taker vs Mark Henry or Jericho vs Regal before we see Taker vs HHH or Jericho vs HBK.

Who the fuck is Jeff Hardy gonna face? he's never had a singles match at Mania

Shit, even Edge has only had 2, and they were both with guys who aren't in WWE anymore

I think Cena vs Big Show or JBL is likely to be one of the headliners of the show.
HHH vs Taker makes sense, and would be awesome, but that hasn't happened in what...at least 6 or 7 years. I think theres more of a chance of seeing HHH vs Kane. It accomplishes the same storyline purposes of putting him up against a giant from his past thanks to Orton, and doesn't exhaust a big fresh matchup on free TV

Jeritron
03-04-2008, 02:53 PM
I'd love to see Jericho vs HHH main even the Raw with some decent time. I think it'd be a great match for both of them at this point. HHH would get some solid wrestling in to show his supremacy in that department heading in to Mania.

Jericho would get to main event a show and have a well fought, close, match with someone in the main event of the show while heading into MITB

It'd also be a nice veteran matchup, yet fresh, that all the kids in the back could watch and learn from.

St. Jimmy
03-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Honestly how I would like to see it go down:

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels
John Cena vs. The Big Show
Chris Jericho vs. William Regal

Juan
03-04-2008, 05:21 PM
John Cena vs. HBK

Porcupine
03-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Honestly how I would like to see it go down:

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels
John Cena vs. The Big Show
Chris Jericho vs. William Regal

Oh yes, I definetly wish to see Regal step in the ring with Jericho again. That may be the one thing to finally interest me in Jerichos return, lol.

Dont wanna see Show job out so early though. HHH/HBK would be fine.

Mr. Nerfect
03-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Oh shit, so Randy Orton is confirmed to be running things? It would have been perfect for a Triple H book:

He puts Randy Orton in the ring with The Undertaker, to soften Orton up. Edge comes in and asks Triple H what he's going to be doing, and Triple H makes a bit of fun of Edge, talks down to him, and doesn't book him because most of his WrestleMania opponents have been in multi-man Ladder Matches. Edge talks about how Triple H is a victim of The Undertaker at WrestleMania, and that when he ends The Undertaker's streak, walks out of WrestleMania having never lost the World Heavyweight Title that Triple H has lost five times, once technically because of him, Triple H will be forced to admit that Edge is that damn better than Triple H.

I'd love to see William Regal come out for his match, prepared to face Chris Jericho, that miserable little toerag that was disrespectful to him a few weeks back. Rob Van Dam's music then hits, and RVD walks to the ring doing his second surprise appearance since he left the WWE. RVD then proceeds to go over Regal with the Five Star Frog Splash. If they can convince RVD to work WrestleMania, they should really have him lay out a challenge to the winner of Chavo Guerrero vs. CM Punk on Sci-Fi for the ECW Title at WrestleMania.

Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels working together would be a televised MOTY candidate, for sure. HBK seems to be having second thoughts about facing Ric Flair at WrestleMania, so you can have Flair cost HBK the win, maybe even throwing in the towel while HBK is in the Walls of Jericho. This allows Jericho to get a big win, and it gives HBK a reason to be annoyed with Flair, and builds some tension for their match.

John Cena's WrestleMania opponent should be either JBL or Big Show. Either seems like punishment for Cena. I'd actually go with JBL. Finlay can run out, attack JBL, and give him the disqualification victory. JBL has not won enough since returning, in my opinion. At least not enough to look like a big deal on RAW.

Kane can face The Great Khali, as they seem to be having a feud. Make this a Money in the Bank Qualifier, with Kane getting the clean pin with the Chokeslam. Build Kane up strong heading into WrestleMania.

The ladies will probably be on the show, and although she appears to be in hot water, I'm going to assume that things are OK with Ashley Massaro and the WWE, and that we can get Melina defeating her in a "Lumberjill" match (fuck I hate that name), which can also serve as a "preview" for WrestleMania where Melina will be in another.

Big Show can face Mick Foley, or something, and go over cleanly with the Chokeslam, and look like a beast heading into WrestleMania.

Randy Orton is approached by Edge, who offers to help Orton beat The Undertaker tonight in their rematch from WrestleMania 21, which would be Orton kind of ending the streak retroactively, and at least getting the moral victory. Edge, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder do that, and help the WWE Champion get a pin over The Undertaker.

That could be the main event, but they could also have Triple H wrestle. I'm thinking either a match with Batista, which sees Umaga attack, Batista & Triple H fight him off, and the Evolution music playing, giving Batista the DQ win; or Triple H is not satisfied with the beating John Cena took, and puts himself into a match against Cena, and beats the already tired Cena with a Pedigree.

Randy Orton, as WWE Champion, should be booking the last show heading into WrestleMania, anyway. Gives him the Champion's advantage, which I feel is a lost concept in the current WWE. Maybe have Orton demand to William Regal that he be swapped with Triple H, because he wants to go last, and because he feels limited by the format of the three-hour show.

Evil Vito
03-04-2008, 11:42 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Since Orton is running the show there are two matches I could definitely see:

-Triple H vs. Batista: Batista would be a good choice to soften up HHH and Orton also gets to delight in watching two former Evolution friends fight one another. Umaga can get involved.

-Ric Flair vs. Undertaker: Another case of Orton just being an asshole, and he forces Flair's career to be on the line to further that (which also pisses off HBK). I can honestly see Edge, Ryder, and Hawkins interfering but not getting the job done...only for HBK to Sweet Chin Music Taker as the ref is trying to eject the other 3 from ringside. Flair is upset that HBK didn't let him win on his own, and HBK replies by saying he wanted to make sure Flair made it to WM because he officially accepts the challenge. This whole thing can build tension.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 05:33 AM
So, do we know for sure Randy Orton will be running the show? I only saw the end of RAW, but JR said "What will happen next week when Randy Orton or Triple H is in charge?!?" Was that just a JR flub?

Evil Vito
03-05-2008, 07:28 AM
<font color=goldenrod>WWE.com says Orton is in charge...apparently Orton announced it after Raw went off the air.</font>

Kane Knight
03-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Oh shit, so Randy Orton is confirmed to be running things? It would have been perfect for a Triple H book:

He puts Randy Orton in the ring with The Undertaker, to soften Orton up. Edge comes in and asks Triple H what he's going to be doing, and Triple H makes a bit of fun of Edge, talks down to him, and doesn't book him because most of his WrestleMania opponents have been in multi-man Ladder Matches. Edge talks about how Triple H is a victim of The Undertaker at WrestleMania, and that when he ends The Undertaker's streak, walks out of WrestleMania having never lost the World Heavyweight Title that Triple H has lost five times, once technically because of him, Triple H will be forced to admit that Edge is that damn better than Triple H.

I'd love to see William Regal come out for his match, prepared to face Chris Jericho, that miserable little toerag that was disrespectful to him a few weeks back. Rob Van Dam's music then hits, and RVD walks to the ring doing his second surprise appearance since he left the WWE. RVD then proceeds to go over Regal with the Five Star Frog Splash. If they can convince RVD to work WrestleMania, they should really have him lay out a challenge to the winner of Chavo Guerrero vs. CM Punk on Sci-Fi for the ECW Title at WrestleMania.

Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels working together would be a televised MOTY candidate, for sure. HBK seems to be having second thoughts about facing Ric Flair at WrestleMania, so you can have Flair cost HBK the win, maybe even throwing in the towel while HBK is in the Walls of Jericho. This allows Jericho to get a big win, and it gives HBK a reason to be annoyed with Flair, and builds some tension for their match.

John Cena's WrestleMania opponent should be either JBL or Big Show. Either seems like punishment for Cena. I'd actually go with JBL. Finlay can run out, attack JBL, and give him the disqualification victory. JBL has not won enough since returning, in my opinion. At least not enough to look like a big deal on RAW.

Kane can face The Great Khali, as they seem to be having a feud. Make this a Money in the Bank Qualifier, with Kane getting the clean pin with the Chokeslam. Build Kane up strong heading into WrestleMania.

The ladies will probably be on the show, and although she appears to be in hot water, I'm going to assume that things are OK with Ashley Massaro and the WWE, and that we can get Melina defeating her in a "Lumberjill" match (fuck I hate that name), which can also serve as a "preview" for WrestleMania where Melina will be in another.

Big Show can face Mick Foley, or something, and go over cleanly with the Chokeslam, and look like a beast heading into WrestleMania.

Randy Orton is approached by Edge, who offers to help Orton beat The Undertaker tonight in their rematch from WrestleMania 21, which would be Orton kind of ending the streak retroactively, and at least getting the moral victory. Edge, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder do that, and help the WWE Champion get a pin over The Undertaker.

That could be the main event, but they could also have Triple H wrestle. I'm thinking either a match with Batista, which sees Umaga attack, Batista & Triple H fight him off, and the Evolution music playing, giving Batista the DQ win; or Triple H is not satisfied with the beating John Cena took, and puts himself into a match against Cena, and beats the already tired Cena with a Pedigree.

Randy Orton, as WWE Champion, should be booking the last show heading into WrestleMania, anyway. Gives him the Champion's advantage, which I feel is a lost concept in the current WWE. Maybe have Orton demand to William Regal that he be swapped with Triple H, because he wants to go last, and because he feels limited by the format of the three-hour show.http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9182/dizzy8kn.gif

:kano:

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 08:00 AM
<font color=goldenrod>WWE.com says Orton is in charge...apparently Orton announced it after Raw went off the air.</font>

Oh OK. Well that's just shit then, haha.

Juan
03-10-2008, 11:10 PM
John Cena vs. HBK

Called it.

Jeritron
03-11-2008, 02:13 AM
I'd like to think we'll get rematches of great matches, but most of those possibilites are currently fresh and/or split brand and could possibly draw in the near future. They'll probably give us one big one to main even the show.

But we're going to see Taker vs Mark Henry or Jericho vs Regal before we see Taker vs HHH or Jericho vs HBK.

Who the fuck is Jeff Hardy gonna face? he's never had a singles match at Mania

Shit, even Edge has only had 2, and they were both with guys who aren't in WWE anymore

I think Cena vs Big Show or JBL is likely to be one of the headliners of the show.
HHH vs Taker makes sense, and would be awesome, but that hasn't happened in what...at least 6 or 7 years. I think theres more of a chance of seeing HHH vs Kane. It accomplishes the same storyline purposes of putting him up against a giant from his past thanks to Orton, and doesn't exhaust a big fresh matchup on free TV