PDA

View Full Version : Impossible scenario

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 08:05 AM
So on RAW, Shawn Michaels said that he doesn't want the match with Ric Flair at WrestleMania. Now, that would just all be apart of the storyline, with HBK then wanting the match, and facing Flair...but what if it wasn't?

Would you mark out if Shawn Michaels actually pulled from the match because the WWE had convinced The Rock to work WrestleMania, and were going to deliver that match a lot of people want to see: Shawn Michaels vs. The Rock?

I'm not even really entertaining the thought, I just saw a picture of The Rock on a website, and the idea sprung to my head. It's fun to throw crazy shit out there.

Anyway, to give this thread some kind of relevance: If Ric Flair was not wrestling Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania, and you couldn't change any of the other matches on the card, who would you have Ric Flair work against? For that matter, who would you have Shawn Michaels face?

JH
03-05-2008, 08:30 AM
i'm not big on the hbk vs flair match anyways cause i dont think ric should lose a match and retire that way
but as far as hbk vs the rock...thats the one DREAM MATCH i have always wanted to see

Zen v.W.o.
03-05-2008, 08:35 AM
The Rock doesnt like the Boy Toy....in fact, The Rock loathes him and is disgusted by that chump.

thedamndest
03-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Ric Flair v. Brandon "The Thrill" Hill

Dave Youell
03-05-2008, 09:13 AM
I’m convinced that Rocky will have a in ring segment with Santino (now that Carlito has qualified for MITB) give him a dressing down, a spine buster and a people’s elbow, it will entertaining and cool

I would still think it would be cool if Sting was somehow involved in the Flair match, I know he’s meant to have signed a new TNA contract, but where the hell is he? Everyone is VERY quiet on that front, what the heck’s going on?

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Apparently they are only using Sting when they feel the need to. In other words, Sting gets paid a lot of money to sit on his ass, I believe. I my guess is that he will be involved in the King of the Mountain Match at Slammiversary.

If The Rock can be at the Hall of Fame ceremony, then I don't see why it would not be possible for him to be at WrestleMania. Unless, of course, his schedule really is that tight.

Of all the people he could be involved with, I can't really narrow it down. The WWE would probably go for a John Cena/Rock moment, especially given their recent tension. It could be interesting, but The Rock would just outclass Cena so badly that when Cena won the WWE Championship, the fans would just be oozing for The Rock to come down the ring and Hulk Hogan/Yokozuna that belt right there.

I can see them doing a joke segment with Umaga, which would be...pointless, really. The Rock and MVP are very similar in some ways, so The Rock could give him the rub. The same really goes for any up and coming star.

I'm hoping that Santino Marella actually wrestles Jerry Lawler at WrestleMania. Santino has been so damn entertaining lately, that I think he deserves a spot on the card. Lawler will not guarantee a great match, but Santino going over him would be a lot of fun, I think, and at least a positive step for the character. Especially if he gets to do his trumpet blowing victory march at the end of the match. Fuck, RAW commentary is pretty much a joke, have Santino step in for the rest of the evening. If the WWE wants to have the main event retain a bit of non-characterised class, have someone come down, beat down Santino a bit, and take his spot. Anyone from Jerry Lawler to JBL, to fuck, even The Rock.

Xero
03-05-2008, 09:41 AM
People need to get the "Rock could wrestle sometime soon" delusion out of their head.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 09:52 AM
People need to get the "Rock could wrestle sometime soon" delusion out of their head.

I haven't seen anyone here say it is anything less than impossible.

Xero
03-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Then why even armchair book it if there's no chance in hell?

You could have booked Val to the tit-... Oh, wait, nevermind. Carry on.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Then why even armchair book it if there's no chance in hell?

You could have booked Val to the tit-... Oh, wait, nevermind. Carry on.

Well, honestly, I didn't armchair book it. That would involve me talking about how the match would be set up. I was just playing crazy conspiracy theorist.

No reason for it, I was just wondering if people are still wet for an HBK vs. Rock match.

Mr. Nerfect
03-05-2008, 10:05 AM
I mean, why suggest common sense to the WWE when we are never going to see it?

Dave Youell
03-05-2008, 11:07 AM
I don't think Rocky with wrestle, but I do fully expect him to make an appearance in the ring and do something on March 30th