PDA

View Full Version : Dexter - Possible Spoilers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Downunder
03-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Ok, I've only watched the first episode of series (season for you Yanks) one, but I gotta say I like it. I'm pretty sure it was never on tv over here - bloody shame.

Talk about twisted (Sotwizted).

So who watches Dexter?

PapaGeorgio
03-05-2008, 08:22 PM
I recently got into it like month ago. Watched it all in like a week. One of few shows I really got into as of late. However with that I must say I was a bit disappointed with how it went during some parts. Like the show is really interesting and you want to see what happens next; but I just felt they could have done some things better. But I do really like the show.

Heros Welcome
03-05-2008, 08:32 PM
I got into Dexter once Season 2 started. Watched the entire season, and loved every minute of it. Then I got season 1 for Xmas and watched the whole thing in a day (I was sick) and thought it was great.

For anyone who hasn't watched this show, do yourself a favor and pick up season 1, you will be hooked!

Can't wait for season 3

El Vaquero de Infierno
03-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Holla

Boondock Saint
03-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Dexter is awesome.

ClockShot
03-05-2008, 09:37 PM
I've been watching it on NBC. But I think it's a watered down version if I'm not mistaken. Can someone fill me in?

Heros Welcome
03-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah it is watered down.

I mean I haven't watched it on there since I feared it would be. Based on what they do on ShoTime I doubt they would do it on cable. I mean Deb's character is a cursing, swearing detective. It's probably taking a lot away from her character.

RBM
03-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Probably my favorite show on television besides Lost.

Skippord
03-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Yeah like every fourth word Doakes says is fuck

so its pretty watered down then

Danny Electric
03-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Caught the first two episodes on TV over here.

Good Ol JG
03-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Dexter is straight up the shit. One of the best shows I've watched in a long, long time.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-10-2008, 02:22 AM
Great stuff. I read the books, and the show is amazingly better. The creator had the concept down great, he just sucked at writing climaxes. The show is greatness though.

Disturbed316
03-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Saw the first season when it was on FX over here, loved every minute of it.

Penner
03-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Seriously, one of the best shows I've seen lately. I love it, can't wait for season 3.

LOL @ sotwizted btw

Juan
09-18-2008, 01:05 AM
Just started watching season 2. so far so good :y:

Juan
09-18-2008, 02:11 AM
God Rita is so damn hot

Downunder
09-18-2008, 05:46 AM
Series 3 is supposed to start soon I think - it will be interesting where the show will go from here.

RoXer
09-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah watched both seasons and I am in love with it. Most entertaining show in a while. Corny in some parts but I can't wait what happens next kind of deal.

I think the season 3 screener is already out btw.

Penner
09-18-2008, 09:40 AM
I watched the first episode of Season 3 on WatchTVSitcoms.com

Kinda weird but still good.

Penner
09-18-2008, 09:41 AM
God Rita is so damn hot
agreeeed

check out the first ep of season 3

Tazz Dan
09-19-2008, 06:11 AM
Gotta say, Dexter is the goods :y:

Juan
11-18-2008, 05:28 AM
SO who's hotter, Rita or Lila?

Juan
11-18-2008, 05:35 AM
I stopped watching season 2 about half way through a few months ago, now I started up again and I gotta say, Lila is pretty damn good looing for a Brit :D

Impeccable
11-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Lila was smoking hot....but there's just something about Rita.

Hanso Amore
11-18-2008, 10:45 AM
I would drink Rita's bathwater.

Lila was hot, but I hate uber skinny chicks. Her tits were like cordon bleus

Downunder
11-18-2008, 06:33 PM
alo the lack of penis Matthew?

Juan
11-18-2008, 07:37 PM
http://www.superpouvoir.com/Team/Marv/Julie_Benz_Punisher.JPG

Downunder
11-18-2008, 11:13 PM
MILF

The Destroyer
11-19-2008, 02:55 AM
Only seen as far as the end of Season 2 so far, but it's a show I like a lot.

Just have to wonder how far they can sustain the premise though - sounds like the novels only managed two good books, as the plot of the third sounds incredibly dodgy. Just as well the TV series is going off on its own path I guess.

UmbrellaCorporation
11-19-2008, 07:15 PM
So for anyone who's keeping up...*Highlight*...Who do you think the skinner is?

I'm heavily leaning toward Miguel or Ramon at this point. I dunno if anyone noticed, but when Debra was interviewing that black kid a couple of episodes ago, the sketch that was drawn looked exactly like Ramon. And when the tree trimming thing was discovered, the camera zoomed into a shot of Miguel's clippers a couple of times.

I seriously think they're just trying to throw people off, however. All that seems too obvious.

Impeccable
12-04-2008, 04:45 AM
Anyone been keeping up with this?

Miguel is on a fucking ego trip!

Juan
12-04-2008, 04:56 AM
I'm on the newest season, but I'm not caught up with the newest episode yet.

Impeccable
12-04-2008, 04:59 AM
Watch it now!

Juan
12-04-2008, 05:04 AM
I'm watching episode 6 (Si Se Puede) right now but I'm still 4 eps behind :-\

Impeccable
12-04-2008, 05:51 AM
It only gets better from there!

Requiem
12-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Wait.. you lot across the world call a season of a show a 'series'?

That doesn't make any sense. You can't say series 1, and series 2, and so on. It is always a television series. It is a series of episodes that make up a season. A series of episodes don't make up series one, or series two. That is stupid. Seasons dictate what year the show is on.

Come on, you are messing with me. No way you guys really call a season a series. That is lame, even for foreign lingo.

Impeccable
12-04-2008, 02:24 PM
http://www.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/julie-benz-nude.jpg

http://getkempt.com/photos/articles/benz_crop.jpg

Think I'm in love!

IC Champion
12-04-2008, 02:37 PM

That doesn't make any sense. You can't say series 1, and series 2, and so on. It is always a television series. It is a series of episodes that make up a season. A series of episodes don't make up series one, or series two. That is stupid. Seasons dictate what year the show is on.

Come on, you are messing with me. No way you guys really call a season a series. That is lame, even for foreign lingo.

Nope, the brits actually call it a series.

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2008, 04:02 AM

Everyone but you calls it a series. I don't see the big problem -- a series is a series of episodes. There are 12 episodes in a series of the very awesome Dexter. What you yanks refer to as a series, we call "the whole fucking show." As in "the whole fucking show of Dexter -- go fucking watch it."

Lila is so fucking hot, by the way. Someone put up pictures of her.

Impeccable
12-05-2008, 04:07 AM
Everyone but you calls it a series. I don't see the big problem -- a series is a series of episodes. There are 12 episodes in a series of the very awesome Dexter. What you yanks refer to as a series, we call "the whole fucking show." As in "the whole fucking show of Dexter -- go fucking watch it."

Lila is so fucking hot, by the way. Someone put up pictures of her.

What he said.

Lila is hot in a "she'll do anything you want", but Rita is WAAAAAAY hotter.

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2008, 04:09 AM
http://www.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/julie-benz-nude.jpg

http://getkempt.com/photos/articles/benz_crop.jpg

Think I'm in love!

Who is that? Something Dexter related, I assume. That's not Rita is it?

Impeccable
12-05-2008, 04:15 AM
Yes, that is Julie Benz....Rita in Dexter!

Juan
12-05-2008, 04:19 AM
Rita is so god damn fucking hot! :rant:

Mr. Nerfect
12-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Yes, that is Julie Benz....Rita in Dexter!

Holy shit. She now gets even more of my respect. No woman that hot should be able to act as well as Julie Benz does in the show.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Man... unreal season so far. Jimmy Smits has been/was great.

Heros Welcome
12-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Crazy good man! Can't wait for the finale

Impeccable
12-10-2008, 06:52 AM
LOL...watched the end of episode 10 and was like "What the fuck is he going to do?". Anticipation level was high all week...couldn't wait for episode 11.

Damn, did I laugh when he got out of the trunk of the car!

Excellent episode again. Can't get enough of this series!

Heros Welcome
12-10-2008, 12:32 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u_J5BHLpEVk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u_J5BHLpEVk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I couldn't stop laughing when he goes
"You think this is funny!? Not at all they said that stain would COME OUT!"

Juan
12-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Alright, I'm caught up with the episodes. Can't wait for the next one!

UmbrellaCorporation
12-14-2008, 10:33 PM
Season finale was just amazing here.

Seriously.

Probably I would say I like 1, 3, 2, in that particular order. 2 was great, but Lila was a fucking horrible character, and was annoying as shit. The Prado family was awesome, however.

Juan
12-15-2008, 03:16 AM
Watching the season finale right now. Should be good!

Juan
12-15-2008, 04:08 AM
Season finale was just amazing here.

Seriously.

Probably I would say I like 1, 3, 2, in that particular order..

Agreed :y:

IC Champion
12-15-2008, 04:24 AM
Dexter is definetly one of the best shows on TV.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Huge markout moment when Dexter eliminates King, fuckin mad serious.

And I don't care if I'm spoiling it, this is a fucking dexter thread, of course people are going to talk about what happened.

UmbrellaCorporation
12-15-2008, 07:05 PM
God, still can't get enough of this show.

Just want it to come out on DVD soon. :(

PapaGeorgio
12-15-2008, 07:16 PM
I thought this season was weakest of em all personally. I liked the serial killer tag team storyline, but overall finale wasn't as intense as other for me where I was wondering what would happen. Probably cause it was Dexter who got kidnapped, and seeing as how they have been advertising new season already you knew nothing serious could happen to him.

Dragon
12-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Love this show and everything but I thought the finale was a little weak. Still liked it and everything but I thought there would be more to the whole Dexter-King confrontation.

Dragon
12-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Still can't wait for next season though.

Impeccable
12-16-2008, 04:13 AM
Yes it was a weak finish, but a feel good finish. While everyone likes a cliffhanger ending, the finales of Dexter's three seasons so far tie everything up.

Thought it was poor though, because Miguel was the lead "villain" and they blew their load on him in the penultimate episode. The whole George Washington king bit felt forced.

I wonder if the blood on Rita's dress has any significance to anything?

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Yeah they def shot their wad with Miguel... but part of me feels like this was almost a transitional season, like seeds of some sort have been planted for seasons to come.

IC Champion
12-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Rep to everyone in this thread.

Mr Regal
12-31-2008, 09:18 AM
I love this show more than any other on TV.

It's amazing.

i have watched all three seasons (well, up to ep8 in season 3) in the last few weeks and have been blown away with how good it is. How the fuck had i not heard of it before???

All the characters are fantastically written and have real depth, the actors are all superb. Even the fricking opening titles are brilliant. Seriously not one bad thing in this show.

Also Jimmy Smits = best cast addition ever

umbrellacoporation you are a maniac...Lila was a great character and Jamie Murray is a fucking godess :foc:

Kalyx triaD
02-02-2009, 11:07 PM
I know I'm late but I saw the first episode in [my Criminal Justice course] class and was really good. Probably watch the whole first season on DVD someday now. Dexter's a lunatic. I mean really, turning down a high rank Latina? She'd debrief me daily.

Lock Jaw
02-06-2009, 07:19 PM
I hereby rank them in order of: Season 2, Season 3, Season 1.

Juan
02-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Season 1 was the best, followed by season 3 imo

Lock Jaw
02-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Season 1 was the best, followed by season 3 imo

YOU DARE HOLD A DIFFERENT OPINION THEN ME ON THE INTERNET?!

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z46/MindGames88/ECW/thSteve_Blackman.jpg

Juan
02-06-2009, 08:14 PM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z46/MindGames88/ECW/thSteve_Blackman.jpg

Downunder
02-06-2009, 08:25 PM
I agree with Juan

Mr. Nerfect
02-10-2009, 02:51 PM
I can't read this thread anymore in fear of spoilers! Not a complain, but let me just tell you that I'm loving season three so far. I'm glad Showcase gives a shit enough to get it so soon after the US airs it. I mean, really, we're usually a lot longer behind.

Jimmy Smits has been fantastic from what I've seen. He's playing such a likeable character, and to be honest, I had no clue he was such a good and natural actor. I'm hoping this leads to a career revival for the man. Well, that's if his career quietened down anywhere. I'm not too sure on the man's history.

How long has Michael C. Hall been a co-executive producer on the show? I'm wondering if that might be why it seems a lot of the time that Dexter gets to show off his range. Twice now I've seen Dexter "acting." First as a smack addict, and then making an anonymous phone call. Both times it has been absolutely hilarious. This man's career is going to explode in some people's faces very soon.

I'm so glad the show has been renewed for seasons four and five. That seems like a really big signing for a show to get, because it seems that even the big franchise shows take it year at a time, these days. Personally, I think Dexter is probably the best show airing on television right now. I got out that Mad Men to see if it was any good, and while I'm only one episode into that, I've got to say it just doesn't stroke at the heart like Dexter does, even though it is very good.

IC Champion
02-10-2009, 03:34 PM
I discovered Jimmy Smits was a good actor after watching the short lived series Cane.

IC Champion
02-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Also, I'm at about episode 10 season one of Mad Men, and disappointing.

Mr. Nerfect
02-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Yeah, so far Mad Men is disappointing me. It's clever, and it's got some sharp witticisms in it, but generally, the main character doesn't seem as untouchable intellectually as I think the writers want him to be, and the plots lack any sort of real heart.

Dexter is about a serial killer, but it's still a lot more organic.

IC Champion
02-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah, so far Mad Men is disappointing me. It's clever, and it's got some sharp witticisms in it, but generally, the main character doesn't seem as untouchable intellectually as I think the writers want him to be, and the plots lack any sort of real heart.

Dexter is about a serial killer, but it's still a lot more organic.

I've started season 2, it starts to pick up, stories start moving along a bit more. Still has potential. I dunno, it's missing something.

Oh, and Dexter is one of the best shows on TV today.

Mr. Nerfect
02-11-2009, 11:21 PM
I think Mad Men is missing heart. That's the only thing I can call it. And also a sense of modesty. It seems to think it is far more brilliant than it really is. I'm going to keep watching, though. I'll give it a chance. One of the few DVD series purchases that I sort of regret, though, which doesn't bode well for it.

Lock Jaw
02-11-2009, 11:37 PM
It insists upon itself.

IC Champion
02-12-2009, 02:01 AM
It insists upon itself.

Where is that from?

Mr. Nerfect
02-12-2009, 07:25 AM
It insists upon itself.

That's a good way to put it. I just like myself a more modest and deservingly confident show.

Speaking of which, we're half-way through season three over here now, and holy fuck! Dexter has got to be the best show on television right now. I'm so glad it's got two more confirmed seasons after this one. Jimmy Smits is like becoming my favourite actor solely with the role of Miguel Prado. I seriously don't know how this show doesn't win every single award ever made.

IC Champion
02-12-2009, 02:49 PM
The same way shows like Oz were snubbed every year for major awards.

IC Champion
02-12-2009, 04:16 PM
It insists upon itself.

Peter Griffen, The Godfather.

Mr. Nerfect
02-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Looking back over things, I cannot believe Oz hardly even got nominated for that sort of shit. Ah well, it's sort of a badge of honour, I guess (having a show that is too good for recognition). Tom Fontana should have easily won some writing Emmys, and there are plenty of actors who deserved acting noms (Lee Tergesen, Eamonn Walker, Chris Meloni, J.K. Simmons, etc.).

There is no reason that Jimmy Smits should not win the Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series. Also, with Michael C. Hall's performance being a little more "showy" this year, and a lot more range being shown in it, he's got an even better shot at winning an Emmy this year, too.

It's likely that Mad Men will take the Best Drama Emmy again, though. Or even Breaking Bad. The powers that be certainly love their alliteration and AMC shows.

IC Champion
02-12-2009, 04:21 PM
It's Premium Cable, unless the shows name is Sopranos, you won't get recognized.

Mr. Nerfect
02-12-2009, 04:25 PM
That is very true.

Mr. Nerfect
02-12-2009, 04:25 PM
It's a shame, because most of the top quality stuff is actually shown on cable, to my understanding. Especially in the drama department.

IC Champion
02-12-2009, 04:26 PM
It's a shame, because most of the top quality stuff is actually shown on cable, to my understanding. Especially in the drama department.

That it is. Have you seen Deadwood yet?

Mr. Nerfect
02-12-2009, 04:31 PM
I regret that I haven't. One of my friends has the entire series on DVD, so I should probably borrow it. As good as I've heard?

Mr. Nerfect
02-12-2009, 04:38 PM
I look forward to your reply. As of now, I am going to go off and watch the first season of The Wire. I bought the first four seasons yesterday on DVD for $15.98 Australian each. That's like $10.45 US a season, or something. A fucking bargain over here.

IC Champion
02-12-2009, 04:43 PM
You should really borrow it, it's a great show. Watched it about a month ago, one of the best shows I've seen. It's up there with the Sopranos and Oz, IMO. Not to mention it has one of TV's greatest characters ever Al Swearengen played by Ian McShane, who is fucking awesome on the show. It was created by David Milch, who did NYPD Blue, which I'm not really a fan of but maybe you are. I regret not having watched it sooner.

Mr. Nerfect
02-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Never watched NYPD Blue. I always prefered Law & Order or Homicide: Life on the Street for my cop buzz. I'll definitely check out Deadwood, though. Thanks for the recommendation. :y:

I did hear that Ian McShane is particularly brilliant on it.

IC Champion
02-13-2009, 03:33 AM
Ian McShane steals the show really. You HAVE to watch it as soon as you can. I've been telling anyone with a working TV to watch it for the last month. Such a brilliant portrayal of the old west too. It's one of my top three shows ever, easily. Just talking about it makes me want to go watch it again, but I have to finish lulling through Mad Men. Just go watch it, now.

El Vaquero de Infierno
02-13-2009, 08:34 AM
The scenes when Al Swearengen has stones in his bladder make me wince so much.

Good times though. Are they going to make a TV movie to properly finish off the series?

IC Champion
02-13-2009, 03:55 PM
The scenes when Al Swearengen has stones in his bladder make me wince so much.

Good times though. Are they going to make a TV movie to properly finish off the series?

That's what was supposed to happen was 2 two hour movies for HBO, but I guess the sets got taken apart, and most of the actors have found other work. Sad really.

Downunder
02-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Deadwood is one of my all time favourite shows, I have the box set of DVDs with shot glasses, poker chips and cards.

IC Champion
02-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Deadwood is one of my all time favourite shows, I have the box set of DVDs with shot glasses, poker chips and cards.

You are now my favourite poster, Aussie or not. Deadwood is truly an amazing piece of work.

Mr. Nerfect
02-15-2009, 08:01 AM

That's the set my mate has. If you're going to buy a show, buy it in style, I say.

Deadwood is going to be next after The Wire, for me. I've seen bits and pieces of The Wire from around the place, but this will be my first time going through it from beginning to end. Watching the fifth episode in the first season, I am in complete awe at how great this scene with D'Angello and this girl in a restaurant is.

He's talking about how he doesn't fit in, and she says that they're not the only black people here. He says "it ain't about that," and this waiter brings up the dessert cart. D grabs some cake for this girl, and the waiter tells him that they're only the samples, and you can just feel the awkwardness D is experiencing. Fucking genius. So relatable, too, even though I'm not the nephew of a black drug lord in the Baltimore projects.

Lock Jaw
02-15-2009, 01:13 PM
I thought this was a Dexter thread.

IC Champion
02-16-2009, 02:13 AM
Deadwood is so good it can be talked about in any thread, at any time. Like The Wire, or Bret Hart.

Downunder
02-16-2009, 06:44 AM
That's the set my mate has. If you're going to buy a show, buy it in style, I say.

Deadwood is going to be next after The Wire, for me. I've seen bits and pieces of The Wire from around the place, but this will be my first time going through it from beginning to end. Watching the fifth episode in the first season, I am in complete awe at how great this scene with D'Angello and this girl in a restaurant is.

He's talking about how he doesn't fit in, and she says that they're not the only black people here. He says "it ain't about that," and this waiter brings up the dessert cart. D grabs some cake for this girl, and the waiter tells him that they're only the samples, and you can just feel the awkwardness D is experiencing. Fucking genius. So relatable, too, even though I'm not the nephew of a black drug lord in the Baltimore projects.

I've just started watching The Wire, 3 episodes into the first series, it's pretty bloody good so far.

So many great shows that either never get shown here or get buired late at night - I love the internet.

Mr. Nerfect
02-21-2009, 02:38 AM
I've just started watching The Wire, 3 episodes into the first series, it's pretty bloody good so far.

So many great shows that either never get shown here or get buired late at night - I love the internet.

Foxtel occasionally shows some good stuff, but not even it gets it right. I generally get my good television fix from DVD box sets these days. I should start using the internet more.

Downunder
02-21-2009, 07:08 AM
I have Foxtel and yeah you are right, they do show some good stuff - Dexter, Deadwood etc, but usually on Showtime, which costs more so fuck that. SBS also picks up some good stuff.

I have just started watching Rescue Me - fucking hell it's a good show.

Mr. Nerfect
02-26-2009, 08:30 AM
SBS is where I discovered Oz. And every Australian boy goes through a phase where SBS becomes the coolest channel in the world, just because of what it shows early morning...

I started watching Rescue Me, but for some reason I had to stop. Had too much on my plate, or something. Need to get back into it, because I remember hearing so much good about it.

Skippord
06-24-2009, 03:45 AM
John Lithgow Signs On to Dexter

May 27, 2009 04:03 PM ET
by Mickey O'Connor (http://www.tvguide.com/authors/mickey-oconnor)<!-- IF COMMENTS ARE ALLOWED THEN SHOW COMMENT LINK -->
9 Comments (http://www.tvguide.com/news/john-lithgow-dexter-1006352.aspx#comments)

<!-- PLACEHOLDERS FOR SHARE LINKS -->

http://www.tvguide.com/images/global/email.gif (http://www.tvguide.com/news/john-lithgow-dexter-1006352.aspx#)
email this
<script showbranding="0" src="http://d.yimg.com/ds/badge.js" badgetype="small">tv_guide_onli242:http://www.tvguide.com/news/john-lithgow-dexter-1006352.aspx?rss=mostrecent&partnerid=yahoo&profileid=buzz</script>Buzz up! (http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzz?publisherurn=tv_guide_onli242&guid=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tvguide.com%2Fnews%2Fjohn-lithgow-dexter-1006352.aspx%3Frss%3Dmostrecent%26partnerid%3Dyahoo%26profileid%3Dbuzz)
add to Yahoo! buzz
<script>function fbs_clickctl00_ArticleContent1_TvgArticle1_TvgSocialBookmarks1() {uctl00_ArticleContent1_TvgArticle1_TvgSocialBookmarks1="http://www.tvguide.com/news/john-lithgow-dexter-1006352.aspx";tctl00_ArticleContent1_TvgArticle1_TvgSocialBookmarks1="John Lithgow Signs On to Dexter - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com";window.open('http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u='+encodeURIComponent(uctl00_ArticleContent1_TvgArticle1_TvgSocialBookmarks1)+'&t='+encodeURIComponent(tctl00_ArticleContent1_TvgArticle1_TvgSocialBookmarks1),'sharer','toolbar=0,s tatus=0,width=626,height=436');return false;}</script>http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/images/share/facebook_share_icon.gif (http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=http://www.tvguide.com/news/john-lithgow-dexter-1006352.aspx)
add to facebook

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Content/090525/News/Todays_News_Our_Take/3_wed/090527johnlithgow1.jpg John Lithgow

John Lithgow has signed on to play Dexter's new serial killer.
The Emmy-winning actor will play Walter Simmons, aka the "Trinity Killer," so named because he murders in threes. Simmons is a mild-mannered suburbanite who shows up in Miami, on the run from FBI Special Agent Frank Lundy. (Keith Carradine returns as Lundy after a season-long absence.) Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) becomes infatuated with the Trinity Killer's methods, and his ability to evade capture for more than 30 years.
Lithgow will appear in all 12 episodes of Season 4, which premieres Sunday, Sept. 27.

Skippord
06-24-2009, 03:46 AM
who's heard about that?

Juan
06-24-2009, 03:46 AM
Awesome

Tazz Dan
06-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Sweet, John Lithgow. Nunder, I have all 3 seasons of Dexter if you'd like me to post some to you.

Downunder
06-24-2009, 09:48 AM
S'all good bro - I have them all, thanks to torrents.

Impeccable
06-24-2009, 10:43 AM
That is incredible news!

Ol Dirty Dastard
06-25-2009, 11:04 AM
that is dirty

RatedGSuperstar
06-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Sounds interesting, especially with Lundy coming back. Also, some promo artwork for season four is coming out...I found this online:

http://img2.pict.com/c5/e0/90/4d0626cbc568f97948f8c58aae/Imqs2/dexter4.jpg

Mr. Nerfect
07-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Dexter is just an effortlessly cool show.

Lock Jaw
07-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Wasn't too crazy about Lundy. He was creepy. Debra was all "he reminds me of my father ............... *makes out with him*"

Impeccable
07-02-2009, 03:55 AM
I liked the Debra/Lundy stuff and was upset Lundy wasn't going to be in the third season.

Hanso Amore
07-10-2009, 10:23 PM
I fucking loved Season 3. Just finished.

Lithgow....Jesus this is going to be amazing.

redoneja
07-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Really got to get my hands on a copy of the third season. Literally just discovered this show last week and my girlfriend and I watched the first two seasons in about 5 days.

Amazing.

Shaggy
07-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Really got to get my hands on a copy of the third season. Literally just discovered this show last week and my girlfriend and I watched the first two seasons in about 5 days.

Amazing.

Yea me and my wife are the same way....we just got done with seasons 1 and 2 watching them on netflix over the xbox. I need to watch Season 3 then sadly wait for season 4 because im to cheap to order that channel. Well maybe Ill exchange HBO for it when True Blood ends.

Mr. Nerfect
08-02-2009, 01:03 AM
Jimmy Smits was fucking amazing in Season 3. The dude deserves a fucking Oscar for it, despite Dexter not being a film. Lithgow will be fantastic in Season 4. God, I am so excited.

I always liked Lundy. Well, elements of the character were kind of cool. You knew he was clever, and he was just such a pimp. He got to bang Debra, which is A-OK with me.

Skippord
08-02-2009, 03:26 AM
I remembered Lundy being annoying so I watched all of season 2 again

he was actually pretty cool

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-02-2009, 11:17 AM
I remembered Lundy being annoying so I watched all of season 2 again

he was actually pretty cool

I understand why you'd think Lundy was annoying.... because of Deb. Lundy was a badass.

I cannot stand Deb. I do not find her attractive and maybe she can act, but her character is just god awful and it seems like she can't act.

UmbrellaCorporation
08-02-2009, 01:53 PM
I miss Miguel Prado. :(

Amazing character.

Impeccable
08-04-2009, 05:47 AM
I cannot stand Deb. I do not find her attractive and maybe she can act, but her character is just god awful and it seems like she can't act.

:y:

Glad it's not just me

Rita on the other hand :D:D:D:y::y::y::love::love::love::heart:

thedamndest
08-05-2009, 01:12 PM
I think Debra is intentionally abrasive to be the exact opposite of Dexter.

Sixx
08-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Abrasive or not, she's butt-ugly. Not just unattractive, I can't stand her awful face.

Skippord
08-06-2009, 04:00 AM
I'd fuck Deb

kind of a butterface

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-07-2009, 11:30 AM
I think Debra is intentionally abrasive to be the exact opposite of Dexter.

It's still forced and annoying as fuck.

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-07-2009, 11:33 AM
OMG I'M SUCH A TOMBOY CUZ I ALWAYS TRIED TO LIVE UP TO MY COP DAD. Like shut the fuck up. And she always gets into these uber gay romances. Aside from the ice truck killer that was cool cuz he almost killed her.

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-07-2009, 11:35 AM
I'd fuck Deb

kind of a butterface

She needs to eat something and grow a pair of tits.

thedamndest
08-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I thought her language was annoying, but at least I wasn't the only one noticing it because it seemed like it was a running joke this last season. Really don't know why she has to fuck every guy she sees. Lundy? Seriously?

Skippord
08-08-2009, 02:32 AM
I'd fuck Lundy if I was a chick

thedamndest
08-08-2009, 04:10 AM
It's the Carradine Gene.

Skippord
08-08-2009, 04:25 AM
I would not fuck David Carradine

when he was alive anyway

Skippord
08-08-2009, 04:26 AM
(I was trying to insinuate I'd fuck dead David Carradine in that joke by the way)

CSL
08-21-2009, 01:24 PM
http://hotfile.com/dl/10621027/1c6dc65/dexter01.avi.html

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=QHHTX2S6

First episode of Season 4. Should be knocking around on the torrent sites too

UmbrellaCorporation
08-21-2009, 04:05 PM
That was awesome.

Glad to see that Dexter is back in top form.

Corporate CockSnogger
08-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Damn I really need to sort myself out on the Dexter front. Watched the first two seasons in the space of about a week, then started watching the third but for whatever reason stopped watching after about 4 episodes.

CSL
08-21-2009, 04:58 PM
I was the same with the 3rd, got about 8 eps in then just stopped watching for no real reason. Gonna have to watch the rest before watching the ep I posted

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-21-2009, 06:47 PM
That was awesome.

Glad to see that Dexter is back in top form.

*************SPOILER******************** (Sorry I don't know how to do the spoiler show dealy)

You're right there's a lot of promise.

The Lithgow stuff is intriguing already, seems like Dexter's got his hands full.

Him having a child adds a whole new natural and awesome element to the show.

I also wanted him to punch Quin in the face very hard. Perhaps we have another Doakes situation on our hands?

Juan
08-21-2009, 06:49 PM
[spoiler ] [/ spoiler]

thedamndest
08-21-2009, 06:50 PM
It is OKAY to spoiler in here since this is the Dexter discussion thread.

thedamndest
08-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Have you noticed how everybody important in the main cast gets an ass scene? First episode of this season BAM, John Lithgow's ass.

Jura
08-21-2009, 07:16 PM
I forgot about that until you mentioned it just now.

Skippord
08-22-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm going to watch the first episode on the television

but now I'm excited to see some Lithgow ass

RatedGSuperstar
08-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Yea me and my wife are the same way....we just got done with seasons 1 and 2 watching them on netflix over the xbox. I need to watch Season 3 then sadly wait for season 4 because im to cheap to order that channel. Well maybe Ill exchange HBO for it when True Blood ends.

There are a ton of sites out there that will put up links to episodes just a day or two after they air. DVR and the Internet (and loose Chinese copyright laws) are beautiful things. :)

Surfthechannel.com is usually pretty good with TV shows. The quality is usually pretty good...just don't bother with youku links (take ages to load) and Megavideo has like a 90 minute limit before they make you wait an hour to watch more videos.

My favorite thing to do? Get one of those extensions for Firefox that lets you download any videos on a website as an FLV, download a free video converter, convert the FLV files to AVI or any other DVD-compatible type, and burn them onto blank DVDs. Fuck Showtime and their $40 season DVD sets that don't come out until the next season starts. ;)

Jura
08-29-2009, 04:40 PM
I can't imagine those video files are great quality. I prefer downloading the scene releases.

RatedGSuperstar
08-31-2009, 03:40 PM
Just watched the season premiere that leaked onto the Internet.

Good to have Lundy back...I still love the interactions between Dexter and Lundy. I like how Dexter's struggling to function with the lack of sleep caused by the new baby...it humanizes him a bit and makes him vulnerable to slipping up. What are everyone's theories on what will happen with the wreck?

Only thing I'm not crazy about -- the Batista/LaGuerta relationship. Where in the fuck did that come from? I don't know why, but it bugs me. I have more interest in the Deb/Lundy/Anton love triangle than this. I don't need two love stories going on as secondary storylines. I haven't been this upset since they killed off Doakes to end Season 2.

Skippord
09-07-2009, 03:48 PM
did anyone know that Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C. Hall are married?

cause I didn't

Ol Dirty Dastard
09-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Yep I knew that.

Jura
09-07-2009, 08:30 PM
That's hot. Married in real life but siblings on TV.

Skippord
09-08-2009, 01:26 AM
Foster siblings

Jura
09-08-2009, 02:30 AM
I didn't see the first 2 seasons but I had a feeling they weren't biological.

RatedGSuperstar
09-25-2009, 11:39 PM
First episode embedded in the spoiler tags, if you don't want to wait for the premiere.

<object width="640" height="468"><param name="movie" value="http://www.megavideo.com/v/QHHTX2S6127943d3f07300198bc55c3cc07a7140"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.megavideo.com/v/QHHTX2S6127943d3f07300198bc55c3cc07a7140" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="468"></embed></object>

Skippord
09-26-2009, 03:54 AM
Jennifer Carpenter and Michael C Hall being married is really gonna bug me this season

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Man, this last episode reminded me of the awesomeness that was the first season. Unbelievable ending... even better than last weeks :O

Heros Welcome
10-26-2009, 04:52 PM
This season has been unbelievable so far. Now its really picking up even more. I gotta say Lithgow has been playing his part perfect.

I thought last weeks ending was crazy, but Newstead you got it right this weeks was even better!

Buzzkill
10-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Seriously, really great season so far.

Even last week's episode, which was was a filler in a lot of ways, was just awesome

thedamndest
10-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Should have taken bets on how long it would take Deb to get back into Lundy's Undies.

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-26-2009, 07:08 PM
*****SPOILERS********

Kinda bumbed Lundy's dead :( Wished it was Deb instead. I wanted to feel pity for her when she was freaking out about it to Dexter and how she was a fuckup, if someone else had acted that scene I could have really felt her pain. But instead it was more awkward...like a good scene but she annoys me so much.

Also, I feel like Rita has to figure out Dexter's secret, she sees how good he is at lying now... sooner or later she's going to figure something out.

Lithgow has been the fucking man, extremely impressive even though I knew he could act.

UmbrellaCorporation
10-27-2009, 12:06 AM
The ending of the last episode...wow.

Guess I should've seen it coming, but I completely missed it. Awesome.

Jura
11-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Good so far but not as exciting as the previous season IMO.

Heros Welcome
11-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Figured I'd ask what everyone's opinion was on the Lundy front.

Who do you think shot him and Deb?

I don't think its Trinity, not his MO. I'm leaning towards a jealous Anton, maybe even the vacation murderers reporter? Doing what it takes to get a story. Maybe even Quinn!

I have a feeling the reveal is going to shock everyone.

Jura
11-11-2009, 01:03 AM
I was thinking Anton could have shot them. He didn't fatally wound Deb and shot her once but shot Lundy twice and killed him. Yet would he really shoot Deb even out of jealousy and anger. Plus she told him she slept with Lundy after wards.

As for the Trinity killer being the one even if it's not his MO he could have done it because he knew Lundy was on to him. The newspaper plus seeing Lundy at the hotel may add up to Mitchell feeling threatened enough. Also there's that awkward bumping into Lundy and dropping his keys which is way too weird to have let it not go anywhere between the both of them.

muffalufagus
11-12-2009, 01:30 AM
i just started season 2. i'm way behind, but this show is fucking brilliant.

Jura
11-12-2009, 02:52 AM
I'm half way into Season 1.

Skippord
11-19-2009, 07:53 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/xpycrn.gif

RoXer
11-19-2009, 11:00 AM
The reporter did it

Heros Welcome
11-19-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm starting to lean towards the reporter as well Rox. I mean I knew it wasn't Trinity, but she is starting to really look like the shooter. BUT ya never know. This season continues to put a smile on my face for being so good!

Jura
11-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Her getting eaten out by Quinn put a smile on my face.

Skippord
11-19-2009, 03:46 PM
I like watching the Trinity killer dance

Jura
11-23-2009, 03:45 AM
Good so far but not as exciting as the previous season IMO.

Really good episode. A lot of surprises revealed. Probably one of, if not most, favorite episode of any season.

Heros Welcome
11-23-2009, 01:03 PM
I definately agree with you Jura. That episode was just flat out awesome. The scene at Authurs giving thanks was just unbelievable. And the ending had me fall out of my seat. I mean I had suspected her to be the shooter, but I didn't see that coming.

3 episodes left, should be a wild finish.

UmbrellaCorporation
11-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Yeah, the Mitchell family Thanksgiving was awesome. Seriously hope they keep this up.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah I marked out when Dexter finally snapped trying to defend the family. Couldn't deal with it anymore.

Knew when the door knocked it was Trinity though. I saw it coming but the thing is, that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. It makes sense to go that route.

Dragon
11-24-2009, 12:58 AM
Wow, wasn't really expecting that ending. I figured she was the shooter but wasn't expecting that.

Skippord
11-24-2009, 02:30 AM
I'd like to be Arthur Mitchell's son

look at his sick dance moves, has to be genetic

Downunder
11-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Skippord wants a Mustang and a broken finger.

Still gotta be better than being Michael Jacksons son.

UmbrellaCorporation
11-27-2009, 06:02 PM
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/1131/trinityshutup.jpg

Jura
11-27-2009, 06:27 PM
I'd do the daughter. And the mom.

redoneja
11-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Holy Fuck @ tonight's episode and the preview for next week.

Heros Welcome
11-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Tonight's episode was awesome! But the previews for next week....WOW!! I can't friggin wait. This show is so damn good its rediculous!

Jura
11-30-2009, 05:31 AM
The episode before was better but the next two look really delicious.

Ol Dirty Dastard
11-30-2009, 12:48 PM
I dunno this was a pretty serious episode... big time sense of urgency throughout. Just no BIG SURPRISES, but it was still hardcore how Dexter managed to save the kid cuz I legit thought he couldn't.

muffalufagus
12-01-2009, 03:32 AM
it has taken me 2 weeks to watch seasons 1-4 to where we are at now and i have to say this show is fantastic. now i just don't have anything to watch before i fall asleep.

guess it's time to start mad men.

Requiem
12-01-2009, 05:10 AM
No idea what is going to go down in the final 2 episodes. Can't wait though. This season has been great, but it has seemed like it's just flown by. Already almost an entire plot out of the way and it seems like it just started a month ago.

Skippord
12-01-2009, 06:05 AM
"Hello, Dexter Morgan"

Jura
12-01-2009, 07:54 AM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/10/10/alg_jimmysmit.jpg

Skippord
12-01-2009, 08:02 AM
I'd like to drill Trinity's daughters

RatedGSuperstar
12-01-2009, 01:14 PM
I absolutely cannot wait for the next episode...definitely love the idea of Dexter being the hunted, instead of the hunter. Part of the reason why I loved Doakes so much...the Dexter character is so much better when he's close to being "discovered."

Sixx
12-01-2009, 01:28 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/xpycrn.gif

How come noone knew he's a serial killer?

He's got a van after all.

Heros Welcome
12-06-2009, 09:55 PM
This season finale looks like its going to be absolutely INSANE!!!

Another great episode. But I'm primed and ready for this finale!!

Buzzkill
12-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Anyone else think it's odd that they are just turning Dexter into a unprincipled killer? He just murders an innocent guy so he could ensure that he murders another guy that would have likely been dealt with by the law?

Used to be he'd only off people if the law couldn't handle them - but john lithgow is about to go away for life, possibly be executed anyway.

Dunno seems weird to me

Heros Welcome
12-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Who are you saying he killed that didn't deserve it?

thedamndest
12-07-2009, 07:42 PM
The trucker was guilty of a murder but got out of it on a technicality or something. They just didn't spend as much time with Dexter researching and stalking him like they usually do.

Heros Welcome
12-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Exactly thed. I was just asking to make sure thats what he was talking about.

thedamndest
12-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Lithgow has really made this season the best one yet for me. I loved the drawn out sequence at the end of him walking through the police office, completely rigid and robotic, and then he snaps out of it with, "Hello...Dexter Morgan." Great escalation to that moment to with Lithgow asking for Kyle Butler and getting denied, then seeing the picture of Dexter on the bowling team and getting a little closer, and then finally meeting Dexter. That might have been the moment of the season.

Heros Welcome
12-07-2009, 08:00 PM
100% agree with you thed. What made the last 15 min of the epi great was Dexter being out classed by another serial killer. Hes so used to be one step ahead of anyone, but it was Arthur that set the trap and Dexter taking the bait. And i agree with you about how great the whole sequence in the station was. And the shot they had of Arthur saying "Hello Dexter Morgan" was shot perfect. As it had him looking down on Dex. Showing that he won't be outclassed, and its one of the few times you have seen Dexter on the ropes like this.

Its also ironic that in a way that 2 of the most sucessful serial killers are coming to a face to face in the middle of Miami Metro and know one knows anything.

Soda Popinski
12-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Anyone else think it's odd that they are just turning Dexter into a unprincipled killer? He just murders an innocent guy so he could ensure that he murders another guy that would have likely been dealt with by the law?

Used to be he'd only off people if the law couldn't handle them - but john lithgow is about to go away for life, possibly be executed anyway.

Dunno seems weird to me

The trucker killed a hooker or something but the evidence was contaminated and he got off without any charges.

It doesn't ensure that he murders Arthur. It just gets the police off Arthur's trail at least for a little while until Dexter can kill him. And he wants to kill him because Dexter takes it personal. He wants to kill Arthur himself. That is why he saved him from the suicide attempt and also from the police.

Buzzkill
12-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Lithgow has really made this season the best one yet for me. I loved the drawn out sequence at the end of him walking through the police office, completely rigid and robotic, and then he snaps out of it with, "Hello...Dexter Morgan." Great escalation to that moment to with Lithgow asking for Kyle Butler and getting denied, then seeing the picture of Dexter on the bowling team and getting a little closer, and then finally meeting Dexter. That might have been the moment of the season.
Yeah, Lithgow has been unbelievable. Like really really amazing

I must have missed the bit of the trucker being a murderer.

CSL
12-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Lithgow walking around the room 'admiring' his work was my personal favourite part of the ep, maybe even the series besides 'Shut up cunt'

PapaGeorgio
12-07-2009, 08:53 PM
The trucker killed a hooker or something but the evidence was contaminated and he got off without any charges.

It doesn't ensure that he murders Arthur. It just gets the police off Arthur's trail at least for a little while until Dexter can kill him. And he wants to kill him because Dexter takes it personal. He wants to kill Arthur himself. That is why he saved him from the suicide attempt and also from the police.

He also has to kill him to save himself. If Arthur were to go to trial, Dexter would most likely show up as an expert of some sort. Surely Arthur or his family would recognize him, and question this. Or if they brought Arthur down, there would be a chance they'd bump into each other. He has become to connected now that Arthur has to just disappear, as opposed to being caught.

Pretty freaking bumped though for the finale. Looks all sorts of intense and I am very curious as to how it will end. Hopefully they do this finale justice as opposed to last seasons which I was not a fan of. I am curious as to how they will be able to satisfy everyone needs, especially with such an intense build. Not just throughout what I feel is the best season, but also through the last 15 minutes or so of the episode. It almost reminds me of a build up to a boxing match. With the way Arthur entered the arena, stared down his opponent. Now it is time to fight.

Skippord
12-08-2009, 09:52 PM
"looks like you've done me a kindness Mr Boedry"

awesome

Jon Kano
12-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I loled at that line

Heros Welcome
12-10-2009, 06:45 PM
With Shotime really pushing this be the a huge happening in the finale, and with Clyde Phillips saying that its the best episode yet and that the fans heads will blow off once the credits roll...

I ask my fellow Dexter fans of TPWW...what do you think is going to happen in the Season 4 Finale ?

thedamndest
12-10-2009, 06:56 PM
I think either Deb or Rita will catch Dexter in the act of killing Trinity. He knows Dexter's name, but he doesn't know who he is (killer), and that despite the police suspecting the wrong man, Dexter knows everything. To Trinity, Dexter may still look like he has suspicions, but he is just a dirty cop who wants a payday for the pedophilia.

This could lead to Trinity going to Dexter's home and it would be appropriate since Dexter has spent so much time in Trinity's. My problem with this theory is that I don't think Rita could stomach knowing what Dexter is, but Deb might be able to. Even if she doesn't know the whole picture, she might overlook him killing Trinity because of Lundy. Dunno, probably way off.

CSL
12-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I think Dexter's gonna have a 'big problem' along those lines going into the next season, dunno what it'll be though

thedamndest
12-10-2009, 07:02 PM
That would be the place to go next season logically, having just had a huge killer this season. Dexter is about growing and figuring out who he is. Season Five could be how he figures out who he is when someone else knows his code.

In the books Deb knows he is a killer.

PapaGeorgio
12-10-2009, 09:55 PM
With Shotime really pushing this be the a huge happening in the finale, and with Clyde Phillips saying that its the best episode yet and that the fans heads will blow off once the credits roll...

I ask my fellow Dexter fans of TPWW...what do you think is going to happen in the Season 4 Finale ?

You just made me even more excited with that promo. Didn't hear a lot of that, makes me want to rethink a lot of it. A think Deb will have a big roll in it all. With the teaser of Deb finding out about Dexter's mom and all, something will happen with that. I think Trinity must die, he just can't live or go to trail, as major questioning/suspicion would be drawn to Dexter.

I also think Dexter is fucking up big time. I think he is going to be out played throughout the episode. As someone else said, he is usually one step ahead of the game. Not this time, he will be one step behind. I think Deb will stumble upon something major, find out even more about Dexter. Maybe an intense three way stands, with Trinity positioned to kill Dexter, and Deb eventually positioned to kill Trinity. Trinity may start to explain what Dexter has done, befriended the killer. Dexter won't be able to tell the truth, and what lie could he possibly tell to get out of it. Seeing how the theme has been about family, Deb will eventually kill Trinity to save Dexters reputation. As for what will happen with their relationship I dunno.

That is my theory as of now based on what I know. Probably will be way off, and they wil have thought of something 103912410834129480 times better.

Skippord
12-10-2009, 09:57 PM
That would be the place to go next season logically, having just had a huge killer this season. Dexter is about growing and figuring out who he is. Season Five could be how he figures out who he is when someone else knows his code.

In the books Deb knows he is a killer.
well in the books the dark passenger

is an alien from outer space.

the books suck

Soda Popinski
12-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Dexter has always been vulnerable. It's just no one knows he's after them. You just need to know where/how to look or follow him. His brother got him, Lila used his GPS, Doakes stole his blood slides, the coke dealer who killed his mother tracked him down, the skinner was able to kidnap him and hell even his friends kidnapped him for the bachelor party.

With the way the previous seasons have been Dexter cleans up the mess and then life goes on. The next season starts over with someone new. I have a feeling it'll be the same thing this season. Most likely Trinity Killer dies and no one knows what really happens besides Dexter. I hope I'm wrong though and they do something different.

PapaGeorgio
12-11-2009, 12:23 AM
With the way the previous seasons have been Dexter cleans up the mess and then life goes on. The next season starts over with someone new. I have a feeling it'll be the same thing this season. Most likely Trinity Killer dies and no one knows what really happens besides Dexter. I hope I'm wrong though and they do something different.

This is my worry. With such an awesome build up, I just feel it's going to be the same shit once again. Giving them benefit of doubt though one more time. PROVE ME WRONG DEXTER WRITERS!

Skippord
12-11-2009, 01:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hYUoMingCo

watch it, embedding is disabled

Impeccable
12-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Now is the ideal time to kill off Rita IMO (not that I want her gone...she's smokin'). He seems to be realising how much he actually cares for her. I do believe that Dexter adopted the kids when they were married, and he has one of his own with Rita. It would be interesting to see how he would cope as a single parent in season 5, while also trying to satisfy his need to kill.

Jon Kano
12-11-2009, 12:26 PM
I am new to Dexter.

My GF got me hooked at the start of season 4, and that's all I've seen except a few randoms that were on TV, should really watch it from beginning but season 4 was a fresh new story and it's been awesome.

They said on the preview that the biggest twist will happen during the last moment of this season, I dunno what to expect, if I had to guess, Deb and Dexter kill trinity, maybe someone sees them?

Requiem
12-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Can't wait for this season finale more than any show I've watched. The build up has been immense, and I don't have any clue where they're going to go with it.

Really hope it isn't a let down. Earlier this season when they first delved into Trinity, I was kind of disappointed at how crazy he was. Was hoping he was going to be a much more thoughtful killer.

He is still great, but I was a bit underwhelmed by it after seeing the preview for the episode. They always do that.. show a preview to be like "Does.. THIS happen?!?!" and then of course something way different than what you thought would happen actually happens.

UmbrellaCorporation
12-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I'm with Req.

I've said it before. 3rd season. The preview where Dexter throws the stool through the window, freaking out at Miguel. I knew it wasn't likely that that would actually happen, but it made me wonder. And it turns out it was a daydream. :/

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-11-2009, 05:47 PM
I don't know Trinity is fairly thoughtful, he now has the upper hand on Dexter.

Requiem
12-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Not what I meant.

Skippord
12-12-2009, 12:45 AM
did you mean that he seemed remorseful for his kills earlier in the season?

Impeccable
12-12-2009, 02:49 AM
I *think* Req means that Trinity seemed so together, with all his kills considered and planned. In the first few episodes, he seemed so cold. But then as we learn more, especially the episode he kidnaps the kid, we find that he's totally and utterly bat shit crazy. I think the original impression we got of Trinity was that he was a cold blooded mother fucker who killed because he could.

Mind you, I suppose it works, because it shows that while he has a cold exterior on the outside, we can see how Dexter can actually infiltrate Trinity's family and get to the real man.

Requiem
12-12-2009, 02:53 AM
Yeah^

Skippord
12-12-2009, 03:04 AM
well now I feel silly

RatedGSuperstar
12-12-2009, 01:39 PM
I think Deb will end up finding out more about Dexter than she would like to know, and that's what will carry over into Season 5 -- they've hinted at it all season with her digging through Harry's CI files and the tease for the finale has her asking him about Laura Moser. Haven't decided whether or not she sees Dex kill Trinity, but I do think that's a major plotline for next season.

As far as the books go,
Doesn't Cody start to show some of the same serial killer tendencies Dexter had as a kid in the books? For some reason I remember it being Cody who tortures and kills the annoying neighbor's dog that Rita just ended up giving away in the TV series. It'd be interesting to see something along those lines develop next season as another thing Dexter has to worry about at home. He's already shown a bit of a violent spark by getting into fights this season, and his history with his biological father (seeing him rape and abuse Rita in the past, etc.) would make for a believable trigger, like Dexter seeing his mom get cut up.

UmbrellaCorporation
12-12-2009, 01:44 PM
I just now realized that the same guy that plays Paul (Rita's ex husband) is the same guy that plays Jacob in lost.

Jon Kano
12-12-2009, 03:05 PM
awesome, Mark Pellegrino or something. He is a good actor.

UmbrellaCorporation
12-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Definitely so. I am seriously ashamed that I did not catch that before.

PapaGeorgio
12-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Yeah def just blew my mind with the Jacob thing.

Soda Popinski
12-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Well, I couldn't stop laughing because he looked like he came out of a Brady Bunch episode.

Jon Kano
12-13-2009, 08:08 AM
I highly doubt that.

You better start giving this guy the respect he deserves.

Sixx
12-13-2009, 08:18 AM
I downloaded the 4th season and am now on the 11th episode. Is the finale airing tonight in the US?

Jon Kano
12-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Yeppers

thedamndest
12-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Tonight's the night.

Skippord
12-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Dexter and Trinity are going to join forces and go on a Thelma and Louise like killing spree around the US

Soda Popinski
12-13-2009, 07:00 PM
I highly doubt that.

You better start giving this guy the respect he deserves.

I made no comment about his acting skills. Just an observational comment about how he looked. Wearing ugly shirts and jeans and having a messy, moppy hair cut made him look like he was still stuck in the 70s after he got of jail. But then again you said you haven't seen the the prior seasons so you wouldn't know what I'm talking about.

thedamndest
12-13-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm kind of surprised that guy hasn't been in movies. He looks a lot like Steve McQueen.

Heros Welcome
12-13-2009, 07:56 PM
64 minutes away! CAN'T WAIT!

Sixx
12-13-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm kind of surprised that guy hasn't been in movies. He looks a lot like Steve McQueen.

And I'm not surprised at all.

Times changed, there would be no room for Steve McQueen nowadays, some pussy-ass clowns like Josh Hartnett or Robert Pattinson are in style.

Requiem
12-13-2009, 08:58 PM
2 minutes to go

Requiem
12-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Wow.

:'(

Heros Welcome
12-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Holy shit

Heros Welcome
12-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Everything comes full circle.

What a season

RatedGSuperstar
12-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Wow.

Watching the episode a second time really exposes some awesome bits of foreshadowing. It especially puts the scene were Trinity dies in a different light, too -- I had a feeling he was too calm during it all, and the trademark "it's already over" line came out of the blue. Watching the first time, I had a bad feeling when Dex came back home and the place seemed to be so messy, like there was a struggle, which was weird if everyone was getting ready to go on vacation.

It'll definitely be interesting to see how they go about the next season. Does he blame himself for her death, considering how many chances he had to kill Trinity earlier? Does he go on an anger-fueled killing spree, forgetting the code? How the hell is he going to manage taking care of three kids by himself, unless Deb or Rita's parents help out?

Definitely a great way to cap off the best season so far. One of the best seasons of TV I've seen in any series, really.

UmbrellaCorporation
12-14-2009, 12:16 AM
HOLY SHIT @ the twist

UmbrellaCorporation
12-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Honestly...I am not shocked though.

Or displeased. It helps bring the Dark Passenger out more, IMO.

And I am trying to keep spoilers vague for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-14-2009, 02:47 AM
Dope ending.

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-14-2009, 02:48 AM
Best season

Juan
12-14-2009, 05:53 AM
Haven't watched anything from season 4. Just started right now, pretty pumped!

Sixx
12-14-2009, 06:11 AM
That was weird.

Sixx
12-14-2009, 06:25 AM
Someone please help me, what's the name of the song when Trinity's riding his car in the dark, right before it breaks down?

I know that song, tried searching the lyrics and get nothing.

Sixx
12-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Baby, won't you let me get to know ya, put my loving arms around ya
Darling, won't you let me have your number, we could go and dance ;something;
Let me baby, let me doooo

Skippord
12-14-2009, 09:56 AM
well I saw the big twist coming

but not how they did it. well played

hopefully I didn't spoil anything

Sixx
12-14-2009, 10:00 AM