PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania predictions

Jordan
03-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Post your non tipsters predictions here.

I predict Jeff Hardy will win Money in the Bank. I also predict that Edge will finally defeat the Undertaker and then Jeff will use his shot right after the match.

I think this is a big possibility especially if Undertaker vs Edge is the main event.

Mr. Pierre
03-06-2008, 06:32 PM
I can see Hardy winning MITB also, but holding onto it, and thus making the PPV main event he's in huge.

I think Cena's gonna take the title, and lose it to a heel Triple H in June. Then, Hardy/HHH can re-new their feud with HHH as a heel, and Hardy cashes in his MITB at Summerslam and takes the title.

I'm gonna say Taker beats Edge here, and they give Taker's 10-month+ (maybe?) title run another go from 2007.

When Edge loses though, I wouldn't continue The Undertaker/Edge feud immediately, because if Edge were to lose in April, May, and June to Taker, it can't look too good.

So when he loses, something will happen where Vickie finds out that Edge just used her to get to the title. Vickie is furious and stacks all the odds against Edge and therefore won't grant him a title match. As Edge tries to gain his title back, he has to fight through the babyface roster like Kane, Batista, etc. It'd be interesting to see because a heel would be stuck in the "against all odds" storyline. Edge finally regains his rematch (dirty of course, I didn't wanna turn him face) in-time for Summerslam, and I think it can have plenty of heat.

Dave Youell
03-07-2008, 10:49 AM
I'd love for Hardy to close the show as champ.

It isn't going to happen though is it?

Loose Cannon
03-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Cena
Hardy
Taker
Batista
JBL
Mayweather of course
Punk

those are you winners

Mr. Nerfect
03-07-2008, 11:08 AM
It's not going to happen, sorry, Dave.

The Undertaker will keep his streak alive, dropping Edge on his head with the Tombstone, and if Michael Cole and Jonathan Coachman are smart, they will play up the broken neck of Edge. It might add more drama to the end result if Edge is taken away on a stretcher.

I have a feeling The Undertaker vs. Edge will go on to become a feud that reaches Hell in a Cell. Edge returned attacking Taker in the Cell, and if their shit continues to build, this will be a great place to put the World Heavyweight Title back on Edge. It'd also be the place for Jeff Hardy to cash in his MITB title shot, come out while Edge is all beaten and broken, and then win the World Heavyweight Championship in a moment where Edge gets a taste of his own medicine, and kickstarts a feud between Edge and Hardy.

So yes, Jeff Hardy is my pick for Money in the Bank, and yes, I do believe he will use the shot on SmackDown!, rather than on RAW. The WWE loves Jeff Hardy these days, but not to the point where they gave him the Royal Rumble title win, or the Elimination Chamber, or are giving him the WWE Title at WrestleMania. Post-Mania plans will probably center around a John Cena vs. Triple H feud, so I can see Jeff completely fucking off to SmackDown!, and working with Edge and his brother.

Floyd Mayweather will go over Big Show, but the WWE knows that the fans won't like it, so they'll cushion the blow with someone helping Mayweather out. This person will probably become a target for Big Show. It'll be someone they don't mind Show going over for revenge, but also someone the WWE likes enough to push. Believe it or not, I'm thinking Chuck Palumbo. Yeah, it's a bit of a "what the fuck?" prediction, but I can honestly see Palumbo helping Floyd Mayweather pick up the win.

We don't have an ECW Title Match yet, so I'm going to go ahead and make a prediction there: Chavo Guerrero vs. CM Punk in an I Quit Match. Chavo has been in two recently, and it seems to fit their feud, as Punk will just not say die. It also gives the match a bit more of an "extreme" feel, which builds from ECW's origins, and their ongoing feud. Punk will win his second ECW Championship there.

Mr. Nerfect
03-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Cena
Hardy
Taker
Batista
JBL
Mayweather of course
Punk

those are you winners

I agree with all of those except JBL. I think the WWE is honestly trying to push him as a face, and that he will get a moment at WrestleMania that sets him up as the hero in this feud.

Vince can then throw Umaga at Finlay to further stall him, and then eventually give us Vince vs. Finlay at Summerslam, or something.

That being said, I can see JBL getting the win, much like I could when he faced Chris Benoit at WrestleMania 22. Especially seeing as this match is under "his terms." The next logical step would be for Finlay to then beat JBL on even ground. I think I would place my money on Finlay, though.

Loose Cannon
03-07-2008, 11:46 AM
yea, that's the only one I'm on the bubble with. I can see it going eathier way, but I don't know if there going to pull the trigger on Finlay getting the big win yes. Unless he works with Vince later on. Then yes, he will win

Mr. Nerfect
03-07-2008, 11:59 AM
yea, that's the only one I'm on the bubble with. I can see it going eathier way, but I don't know if there going to pull the trigger on Finlay getting the big win yes. Unless he works with Vince later on. Then yes, he will win

I'm alternating all the time. On one hand, Finlay is the face that I think they are building to feud with Vince; on the other hand, JBL hasn't won much since returning, and it makes Finlay more "sympathetic," which is something I don't think he needs, but something I can see the WWE convincing themselves that he needs.

During this whole thing, Finlay should be the same character as he's always been. Maybe even throw in a little ego to the mix:

Vince: I ought to fire you for what you did!

Finlay: Vince, you and I both know that I am too good to fire.

Vince: I hope JBL kills you at WrestleMania!

Finlay: Well, I hope the disappointment kills you.

Jeritron
03-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Trying to push JBL as a face? By having him put a loveable midget in the hospital and then go there and abuse him while he cries? I'm Earth, have we met?

Jeritron
03-07-2008, 12:22 PM
He won't be a hero btw

addy2hotty
03-08-2008, 01:14 PM
We don't have an ECW Title Match yet, so I'm going to go ahead and make a prediction there: Chavo Guerrero vs. CM Punk in an I Quit Match. Chavo has been in two recently, and it seems to fit their feud, as Punk will just not say die.

For that, read - no other worthwhile challengers. I hope ECW is kept off the card, this incarnation has no place at Mania imo. I'd much prefer the IC title to be defended for the first time in years.

Hardy will win and feud with Jericho over the MITB briefcase. Cena will win as he always does. Taker will win but Edge will run him close. Michaels will cheat to beat Flair. The other matches are inconsequential.

The Optimist
03-08-2008, 07:50 PM
Noid's first post seems like pretty sound logic. After that the JBL-Face talk starts to make things weird.

Impact!
03-08-2008, 10:20 PM
I think he was talking about Finlay, and didn't write it out properly

NeanderCarl
03-08-2008, 11:36 PM
I predict WrestleMania will suck.

Actually, the card for WrestleMania 22 looked terrible on paper, yet it somehow delivered big time (pun intended), so I do hold out hope.

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2008, 10:42 AM
I think he was talking about Finlay, and didn't write it out properly

Thank you, Impact!. I was referring to Finlay being pushed as a face. I just didn't specify as well as I should have. I was disagreeing with Loose Cannon saying JBL would go over, and by doing that my attention turned in my head to Finlay, because I was implying he would win. That would be why I forgot.

But just to clarify, Jeritron, yes, beating up a midget does make you a pretty darn cool babyface. Since when was Hornswoggle lovable?

Tommy Gunn
03-09-2008, 02:51 PM
I think Undertaker will only beat Edge via DQ in a no thrills match, just to keep his streak. Edge can still keep some heat by saying he's still not been pinned at WM. Then if necessary have a gimmick match at Backlash.

Isn't Cena doing a movie soon? In which case I can see Triple H winning the title, because I would really hope the WWE wouldn't have Cena win another Wrestlemania main event.

Jeff is the logical MITB winner, and it'd be cool to see him cash it in on Smackdown, as with Triple H and Cena on Raw, I can't see Jeff having much future main event time. Smackdown is crying out for a top face.

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2008, 06:41 PM
I think Undertaker will only beat Edge via DQ in a no thrills match, just to keep his streak. Edge can still keep some heat by saying he's still not been pinned at WM. Then if necessary have a gimmick match at Backlash.

Isn't Cena doing a movie soon? In which case I can see Triple H winning the title, because I would really hope the WWE wouldn't have Cena win another Wrestlemania main event.

Jeff is the logical MITB winner, and it'd be cool to see him cash it in on Smackdown, as with Triple H and Cena on Raw, I can't see Jeff having much future main event time. Smackdown is crying out for a top face.

The Undertaker beating Edge via DQ is something I can actually see going down. It would make Edge an even more hated heel (and KK, if you've seen the guy lately, you'd know his heat is back in a big way), and it technically keeps the streak alive. Taker can then continue to chase, and you can have some more faces come over in the alleged draft. The only way people are going to care if big names move, are if they are babyfaces and they make an impact. A heel World Heavyweight Champion would allow that.

I do think that the WWE will give The Undertaker the clean win, though.

John Cena's new movie will apparently not cause him to miss much time. He will probably just stop working house shows for a while. John Cena is really the logical prediction as to who will walk out of WrestleMania WWE Champion. The WWE won't have Cena win another WrestleMania main event? Do you really want to bet on that? :p

St. Jimmy
03-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Taker Jobs to Edge, Jeff Retardy wins MITB, Cena wins by pinning Orton.

Good Ol JG
03-09-2008, 07:30 PM
I predict I won't be watching unless my friend Donnie buys it for some reason and doesn't expect me to chip in on it, like Royal Rumble.

As for actual predictions:

Orton/Cena/Trips - Cena and Trips both pin Orton and become the fist co-holders of the WWE title since Taker/Kane, the feud lasts the rest of the decade and I die a little more inside.

Edge/Taker - Taker wins the title, injures himself the week after, Edge wins the title back and we see an Edge/Batista feud for the next few months.

MITB - Hardy has to win it, but promptly has the glass ceiling dropped on him by the Cena/Trips machine.

Batista/Umaga - Batista wins, I complain about this match taking place for the rest of my life, like Kane/Khali from last year.

Big Show/Mayweather - Mayweather wins, Big Show gets the Bam Bam post LT treatment...or the normal Big Show treatment.

JBL/Finlay - JBL wins, gets more out of shape, and cuts many promos about how he is still a wrestling God while eating a rack of ribs.

Punk/Chavo - Punk wins, goes back to midcard hell.

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2008, 09:39 PM
I predict I won't be watching unless my friend Donnie buys it for some reason and doesn't expect me to chip in on it, like Royal Rumble.

As for actual predictions:

Orton/Cena/Trips - Cena and Trips both pin Orton and become the fist co-holders of the WWE title since Taker/Kane, the feud lasts the rest of the decade and I die a little more inside.

Edge/Taker - Taker wins the title, injures himself the week after, Edge wins the title back and we see an Edge/Batista feud for the next few months.

MITB - Hardy has to win it, but promptly has the glass ceiling dropped on him by the Cena/Trips machine.

Batista/Umaga - Batista wins, I complain about this match taking place for the rest of my life, like Kane/Khali from last year.

Big Show/Mayweather - Mayweather wins, Big Show gets the Bam Bam post LT treatment...or the normal Big Show treatment.

JBL/Finlay - JBL wins, gets more out of shape, and cuts many promos about how he is still a wrestling God while eating a rack of ribs.

Punk/Chavo - Punk wins, goes back to midcard hell.

Sadly, I can see all of that taking place.

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Taker Jobs to Edge, Jeff Retardy wins MITB, Cena wins by pinning Orton.

I agree that John Cena's fall will be over Randy Orton, but I think it will be via submission. Cena got the pin on Orton with the FU to get into the match. It builds to him getting his third WrestleMania submission victory quite nicely.

Hanso Amore
03-09-2008, 09:47 PM
NO WAY does Takers streak ending take a back seat to Hardy cashing in MITB. Wotn happen that night, too much money to make another night.