PDA

View Full Version : Romeo Miller to USC...

VonErichLives
03-07-2008, 01:48 PM
So, Lil Romeo got a full scholarship to play basketball at USC...

last year he avg like 8 points per game, was on a last place team in Beverly Hills and has bad knees... and only played in 8 games last year.

Floyd said "this could help ticket sales, we may have more 11-16yr girls in the stands then ever before".

Oh, the kicker... Romeo's dad "Master P" runs some juniors team and on that team is DeMar DeRozan, who is one of the top high school recruits in the country...

so, apperetly it was a package deal.

by the way, the press confrence to announce both of them to USC was held at the four seasons and run by Master P's public relations people, they called Romeo "one of the best 15 point gaurds in the country".

lmfao...

Jura
03-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Isn't he like 5'6 or something?

IC Champion
03-07-2008, 03:25 PM
If that.

DrA
03-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Does he actually need a scholarship? I'm not completely sure how this works, but it seems to me that they are giving him this deal that he probably doesn't even need instead of to a boy who actually deserves the scholarship and can't afford to go to school on his own.

DrA
03-07-2008, 04:00 PM
I've searched him up, and it isn't as if he is a highly rated (or rated at all) high school basketball player. I could see how they could maybe make a deal for him to walk on to the team or something, but to waste a full scholarship on someone who probably wouldn't be offered to play at a Division II school even is baffling to me.

Unless I am missing something here? Other than the fact that he is famous.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-08-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm sure they worked something out DrA

VonErichLives
03-08-2008, 04:32 PM
I've searched him up, and it isn't as if he is a highly rated (or rated at all) high school basketball player. I could see how they could maybe make a deal for him to walk on to the team or something, but to waste a full scholarship on someone who probably wouldn't be offered to play at a Division II school even is baffling to me.

Unless I am missing something here? Other than the fact that he is famous.

It seems to be it was a package deal, to get the recruit they really wanted, they made it a package deal.

The Genius
03-08-2008, 04:42 PM
jeff jordan doesnt even have a scholarship at illinois, he made the team as a walk-on.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-09-2008, 03:22 AM
Well he would have had a scholarship if he wasn't Michael Jordan's son. He had the offer, he just didn't take it since its not like his family doesn't have the money. With Master P's kid they probably just wanna be able to say he is a "full scholarship basketball player." I wouldn't be surprised if Master P donated money to the athletics program/general scholarship fund or something for this "basketball scholarship"

RP
03-10-2008, 07:01 PM
When's Aaron Carter getting a scholarship to Duke?

BCWWF
04-11-2008, 09:27 AM
I don't think Jeff Jordan would automatically have gotten a scholarship, would he? He was pretty much a walk-on at the end of a bad Illinois teams bench this year.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Being the last man in the rotation and the last man on the bench is two totally different things in college, so yeah I think he would have gotten a scholarship

McLegend
04-11-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm sure it's good in many ways, but it has to suck to play basketball and be the son of Michael Jordan.

BCWWF
04-14-2008, 08:33 AM
Being the last man in the rotation and the last man on the bench is two totally different things in college, so yeah I think he would have gotten a scholarship

I'm fairly confident he wasn't in the rotation. I saw Illinois play this year and he didn't come in.

BCWWF
04-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Retraction: He played in 26 games this year averaging about five minutes, but still, most of those minutes were late in the season when Illinois was already shit anyway.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-14-2008, 12:38 PM
He didn't play a ton of minutes per game but he played a enough to get a scholarship, I'm pretty sure like the last 3 guys on the bench are the only ones not on scholarship, seeing how teams are allowed to have 13 scholarship players on their roster.

RP
04-16-2008, 03:22 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XbOgK1tTFQw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XbOgK1tTFQw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

COMPTON

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-16-2008, 04:19 PM
lol Long Beach high school has "LONG BEACH" written graffiti style on the wall at top of the bleachers