PDA

View Full Version : Writers and short term thinking

Ruien
03-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Its kinda wierd, but the writers are not really using long term thinking when it comes to the lower-midcarders. For example, Chuck is a biker with his girl (or ex) Michelle McCool. So why in the first feud he does he loses Michelle? Why the heck would you lose your manager within the first 2 months of your character.

A second example, every tag team they make. They throw 2 guys together, have them win the belts almost instantly. They keep them, maybe defend them twice against jobber tag teams (Often the team they just beat become jobbers). Then they lose the tag belts, and if they are lucky they get a split and have 1 singles match before basically never being seen again.

A third example would be that incest thing they have going on. 1 week on Raw, then straight to Heat. Why the heck even show them if they will never be on my t.v. again?

Can someone explain please what the writers are thinking when they make the characters then throw them away after 2 to 3 months tops.

Xero
03-11-2008, 11:49 AM
It's actually quite simple: Anything below the upper-mid-card doesn't matter.

I'm not trying to be funny either, I believe that's how they feel. They essentially use anything below the upper-mid-card as either filler or another developmental territory.

The Optimist
03-11-2008, 01:14 PM
They just sort of try to pull together an actual show, and then hope/believe that the audience will forget it all by the start of the next month. Really, anything beyond the main event and the Shawn Micheals Ric Flair Undertaker territory of the roster looks like it's booked by a twelve year old.

Fox
03-11-2008, 03:10 PM
I remember reading somewhere that Brian Gerwitz (RAW's head writer) and his team have like "flavors of the month" that they like, they push, but then they get tired of and find something else.

Like Cryme Time, for example, which, for the most part, I thought was a pretty good idea that could have played out for a few months. They at least deserved a Tag Title win.

Good Ol JG
03-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Xero's right, they don't care about anything below the upper-mid-card. They haven't in a really long time, and they're not going to start anytime soon.