PDA

View Full Version : Many in the Bank...

Maluco
03-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Was thinking about this idea today on the basis of the year that might be. Cena chasing HHH all year fills me with dread and I was thinking about something that would not only spice up that program, but add an element to every show and every PPV.

Picture Money in the Bank this year...and I am guessing we will have multiple ladders like other years. Have a scenario, where say there is a MASSIVE bump. About three people are wiped from the match in the ladder stages, dumping three over the top rope from a ladder to the outside.

Inside you have, say, CM Punk recovering the most quickly and making his way up the ladder. Any other three, lets take Kennedy, Jericho and MVP, are starting to recover on the floor.

There are two ladders set up and in the time it takes Punk to get right up, the other three have recovered and are each climbing a side of ladder. It gets to the stage where 2/3/4 have their hands on the briefcase.

The ladders collide, the briefcase falls, and all four men are scrappily flighting for the case on the floor. Someone like Hornswaggle does a run in and nips out with the case....we are left assuming that HE may have taken the match.

RAW comes round and William Regal calls out the four men involved in the scramble and Hornswaggle. Some comedy maybe ensues, but eventually Regal says that since Hornswaggle was not in the match, that he has no rights to the case...he gets taken out by Kennedy, who takes the case...cue respective promos about why each man should have it.

Regal says that they will have a Fatal Four Way right there on Raw to determine the true briefcase holder.

Match is great and all the guys look awesome, before JBL comes out and lays out all four men with chairs. Cue an irate McMahon who says that since these four clowns can't decide things for themselves, ALL men will have a briefcase, and ALL FOUR men can challenge for any title, at any time.

Might get a bit complicated, like TNA's ridiculous case thing, but I think with four toip guys like that, it could be really interesting and give various match-ups across the calendar year, on any show, whenever anything needs spiced up.

Thoughts??

Lock Jaw
03-18-2008, 07:53 PM
No. There should be one winner.

Cue Highlander theme music. (As in THE Highlander, and not the WWE Tag-Something The Highlanders)

TerranRich
03-18-2008, 08:17 PM
There can BE... only ONE!

Heeeeerrrre we are, born to be kings
We're the princes of the universe
Here we belong, fighting to survive
In a world with the darkest powers

Nah, but seriously, there should be only one winner. But your idea, Fallen, it impresses me. :yes:

Afterlife
03-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Was thinking about this idea today on the basis of the year that might be. Cena chasing HHH all year fills me with dread and I was thinking about something that would not only spice up that program, but add an element to every show and every PPV.

Picture Money in the Bank this year...and I am guessing we will have multiple ladders like other years. Have a scenario, where say there is a MASSIVE bump. About three people are wiped from the match in the ladder stages, dumping three over the top rope from a ladder to the outside.

Inside you have, say, CM Punk recovering the most quickly and making his way up the ladder. Any other three, lets take Kennedy, Jericho and MVP, are starting to recover on the floor.

There are two ladders set up and in the time it takes Punk to get right up, the other three have recovered and are each climbing a side of ladder. It gets to the stage where 2/3/4 have their hands on the briefcase.

The ladders collide, the briefcase falls, and all four men are scrappily flighting for the case on the floor. Someone like Hornswaggle does a run in and nips out with the case....we are left assuming that HE may have taken the match.

RAW comes round and William Regal calls out the four men involved in the scramble and Hornswaggle. Some comedy maybe ensues, but eventually Regal says that since Hornswaggle was not in the match, that he has no rights to the case...he gets taken out by Kennedy, who takes the case...cue respective promos about why each man should have it.

Regal says that they will have a Fatal Four Way right there on Raw to determine the true briefcase holder.

Match is great and all the guys look awesome, before JBL comes out and lays out all four men with chairs. Cue an irate McMahon who says that since these four clowns can't decide things for themselves, ALL men will have a briefcase, and ALL FOUR men can challenge for any title, at any time.

Might get a bit complicated, like TNA's ridiculous case thing, but I think with four toip guys like that, it could be really interesting and give various match-ups across the calendar year, on any show, whenever anything needs spiced up.

Thoughts??

That would definitely spice things up, but I would hope they only do it once.

Maluco
03-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Absolutely, would be stupid to have multiple winners more than once, but the title scene is a bit stake and I think, for this year, it could provide interesting scenarios and elevate 4 new guys to the main event in one go, hopefully.

Porcupine
03-18-2008, 09:05 PM
And then when each of the four MITB winners cash in their briefcase...

*SWERVE*

It's not a championship opportunity paper inside but a contract to wrestle Snitsky in a Fire Extinguisher on a pole match!

All four men are shocked as they all face Snitsky one by one and when he is beaten, a siren sounds causing all the lights in the arena to turn off.

When the lights turn back on, Snitsky and all the briefcases are gone.

The four wrestlers confront Regal about it and Regal says he had no idea what was in those cases...they were all prepared by his friend...Dave Taylor!

The wrestlers (including Regal) all go and knock on Dave Taylor's lockeroom door but it's locked. They bust the door open to see Dave Taylor and Snitsky playing cards with all the briefcases in it. William Regal asks Dave what he thinks he is doing and Taylor says he never had a family, never had any friends and when William abandonded him, he found salvation in Snitsky.

He taps Snitsky on the shoulder and Snitsky smiles...

SWERVE!

Snitsky attacks Dave Taylor with a briefcase knocking him out. Regal fires Snitsky on the spot, but for the next several months Snitsky continues to "haunt" every arena that RAW is on, randomly attacking wrestlers and disappearing.

Afterlife
03-18-2008, 09:09 PM
It would be great if someone forgot to put the contract in one year and the MITB winner was completely boned.

TerranRich
03-18-2008, 09:13 PM
That would actually be an entertaining swerve, Afterlife, but would it lead anywhere? Where would you go with that? I'm curious to hear.

Evil Vito
03-18-2008, 09:19 PM
That would actually be an entertaining swerve, Afterlife, but would it lead anywhere? Where would you go with that? I'm curious to hear.

<font color=goldenrod>I agree, I think it would be entertaining.

If it were me running that angle...I'd have Jericho winning MITB, going to cash it it, only to find he hasn't got the title shot. Cue the return of Conspiracy Theorist Chris Jericho.</font> :cool:

Afterlife
03-19-2008, 02:27 AM

Let's say Regal has invested money in John Cena as he is the favorite to win Mania. That being said, he wants to secure the reign of said champion and, seeing as how every time a MITB contract has been cashed in, the Casher has been victorious, he wouldn't want to risk Cena's loss. (Granted, Kennedy lost his contract to Edge, but then Edge used it to win his title.) Therefore, he makes sure that there is no contract in the briefcase, making certain to keep it an ironclad secret.

This way, you can have an upset at Mania: WHo's the biggest overall underdog in the match? Let's say Shelton Benjamin, since he hasn't held a World Title. Shelton wins the match, and says to hell with ECW, and wants to go for the most prestigious title on RAW. He wants to cash in his shot the monday after Mania, but Regal stalls him. Why should he let him just jump to RAW without even asking? In return for that presumtuous insult, Regal says Shelton can only officially even join RAW if he first defeats, say...Yoomanga at Backlash. So there's a month's worth of pumping Shelton on ECW, and that'll be used to turn him face: the heels of ECW are insulted that Shelton holds the RAW brand higher than their own. At Backlash, Shelton defeats Yoomanga and is now officially back on RAW.

The next Monday, Shelton is very sore; Regal asks if he'll be cashing in, and SHelton says no; now that he's on the right show with nothing in his way, he'll wait 'til he's 100%. Regal then says, "That may be a while, Sunshine, because tonight you have a match against Snitsky -- no disqualification."

Snitsky vs. Benjamin, Benjamin wins, but not without having to sacrifice his own personal safety to do so. The following week, Regal, notably irritated, announces a Handicap Match: Shelton Benjamin vs. Yoomanga AND Snitsky...and a Steel Cage. This is for Shelton to show off his superior agility and quickness, being able to outsmart and out maneuver both monstrous opponents, even if after a serious battle.

The next week shows Benjamin accusing Regal of protecting Cena's title. Cena overhears this and gets defensive, claiming he don't need no help, dog. Cena thusly challenges Shelton to a title match -- no need to cash in the cpntract. Before the match, Regal joins King and JR for commentary, putting over the idea that Shelton isn't even RAW material. During the match, just as Shelton wiggles out of an F-U, he turns to face Cena and gets a face full of brass knuckles. The ref calls the match, but Regal gets the mic and states the match will be restarted under Hardcore rules. Cena tosses Regal his knucks and gives him thatreally gay salute, then instantly pins his opponent.

The following RAW, Shelton cuts a promo referring to himself as The Gold Standard and Cena and Regal as a pair of Brassholes. He declares that at the next ppv, he will be making it absolutely clear that not only does he belong on the show and the title scene, but that the title scene, itself, is his very waist. Regal comes out, accompanied by Cena and asks Shelton why he thinks he should get a title shot -- why he thinks he's even worthy? Shelton lifts the case in the air, and Regal smirks, asking what an empty briefcase has to do with Championships. Shelton opens the case, panicked, only to find it empty.

Later in the show, someone, maybe even a face, makes an offhand comment about how "that sucks" and Shelton whips the shit out of him. The next week, he asks for a title shot and is denied; he subsequently beats down Cena's opponent for the night. The next week he asks again, politely. He is denied again and told that as punishment for ruining last week's main event, he has the night off. Shelton leaves, but beats down Cena's opponent for the night on his way out. He asks the next week, with the same answer, and this time interrupts Cenas match, smacking both he AND his opponent with a chair. He informs Regal that Cena will not have a healthy opponent until that opponent is him.

Vince intervenes and tells Regal that he can't have that kind of chaos going on unless he's the one implimenting it; thusly, Cena vs. Benjamin at the next ppv. And, since this problem is Regal's doing by screwing with a WrestleMania match stipulation in the first place, Vince puts the odds in Shelton's favor by making it a Ladder Match. He gets the win, of course, because otherwise this was an awful lot of typing over nothing. But, that's the general idea of where it would go.

Afterlife
03-19-2008, 02:29 AM
I think that's my longest post ever. All for you, Terran. :)

Afterlife
03-19-2008, 03:16 AM
Just remembered Carlito hasn't had a major title, either, but his story would be a little different, anyway.

ddpBANG
03-19-2008, 03:20 AM
TNA! TNA!! TNA!!!

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2008, 04:32 AM
I suggested the following idea if Ric Flair ends up retiring at WrestleMania:

Flair loses his match earlier in the night, and Money in the Bank is going on. Then, after every guy is knocked down, Flair runs out, climbs the ladder, and pulls down the briefcase. Everyone is shocked, and the match is thrown out as a no contest by the referees, and Flair runs to the back with the briefcase, and maybe rides out in a limousine.

The next night on RAW, Vince wants the briefcase back, and says that Flair could not win it, but Flair is out with his attorneys, and he says that he read the contract up and down, and it never says the winner has to have been an official qualified entrant in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. It only states that the title shot belongs to whoever retrieves the briefcase during the Money in the Bank Ladder Match, not specifying a participant, and that the signature of this party on the contract (which Flair shows is now on the contract) is authority to cash in on any title match within a year of the match.

Vince is furious, because even though he's retired, Ric Flair now has a World Title opportunity whenever he wants. Vince arranges an eight-man Money in the Bank Ladder Match for Backlash, because he's not happy that an unadvertised participant stole the title shot. That way you get two Mr. Money in the Banks going around.

The idea could work with anyone, though, really. Matt Hardy? I don't think they should do it with more than three, at the most, though.

Afterlife
03-19-2008, 04:36 AM
What, no compliments on my fucking novel of a Shelton post? I even turned Cena heel!

Afterlife
03-19-2008, 04:36 AM
And why the fuck would you try to keep Flair on tv?!

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2008, 05:10 AM
What, no compliments on my fucking novel of a Shelton post? I even turned Cena heel!

Haha, I haven't read it yet. Was going to come back to it.

As for keeping Flair on TV? I'm not a big fan of him sticking around, but personally think this "Career Threatening" stuff has been handled in a shit way. It hasn't nearly been made special enough. Flair should be building to a 17th title reign with his wins, or putting a young guy over. Something like that.

Mainly just my trying to keep things going just to theoretically increase the chances of good coming from it.

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2008, 05:19 AM
Just read it. Some really good ideas in there. Shelton Benjamin works great as a face, John Cena should be a heel, and William Regal in anything is gold.

There are some things I sort of disagree with, though. I don't think Shelton Benjamin needs to go over Snitsky in their match. It's a minor thing, but Snitsky could get the win, and might get a little heat from it (who knows?), but Shelton winning the Steel Cage Match because the giants butt heads, and Benjamin escaps is genius. You've got to make sure Shelton doesn't look in over his head, but you also have to be careful not to turn him into...well, the white John Cena.

Maybe instead of having Regal make the briefcase empty at WrestleMania, he could just hire someone to steal it? Insert an extra chapter with a heel (maybe even the aforementioned Snitsky) being the hired gun of Regal, beating up Benjamin, and taking the briefcase. Shelton battles back, the briefcase is put on the line in a Ladder Match (this is where it becomes empty) and Regal does because he's not liking Shelton's "Gold Standard" attitude.

Shelton has to go through Regal next, and those two can have some great matches. Reading your thing, one idea that kept popping into my head was the Royal Rumble. I can just see Regal telling Benjamin that he's not going to get his title shot back, and that he's never going to be a Champion on RAW, to which Shelton's only reply is to enter the Rumble. Something like that could be quite riveting.

El Fangel
03-19-2008, 06:05 AM
Spoiler: Cena <s>Wins</s> will never be heel.

Rammsteinmad
03-19-2008, 07:43 AM
A pretty solid idea, though to be honest with four people I feel it could get a bit messy. I'd probably go with either two or three.

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2008, 09:57 AM
A pretty solid idea, though to be honest with four people I feel it could get a bit messy. I'd probably go with either two or three.

Bingo. :y:

TerranRich
03-19-2008, 07:40 PM
I think both of your ideas (Afterlife and Noid) are awesome. Noid, I love you idea about giving Flair a one-time title shot even though he's retired. That doesn't necessarily keep him on TV, becuase you could very well just "forget" all about it and then, like, 4 or 5 months later, Flair just pops up out of nowhere at the most opportune time.

Of course, he would have to lose, but he'd go out with the best match of his life, maybe against a worthy opponent.

And Afterlife, that idea was really good, and well-thought-out. Which is why it'll never happen. :p

Afterlife
03-19-2008, 07:48 PM
lol, WEll, it was just spit-ballin'. Besides, I don't really like Shelton these days. Shelton beating HHH his first night on RAW -- that's a Shelton I liked. The Shelton of today...about as exciting as a black Bob Holly. Which means boring, but with more melanin.

Mr. Nerfect
03-21-2008, 11:35 PM
I think both of your ideas (Afterlife and Noid) are awesome. Noid, I love you idea about giving Flair a one-time title shot even though he's retired. That doesn't necessarily keep him on TV, becuase you could very well just "forget" all about it and then, like, 4 or 5 months later, Flair just pops up out of nowhere at the most opportune time.

Of course, he would have to lose, but he'd go out with the best match of his life, maybe against a worthy opponent.

And Afterlife, that idea was really good, and well-thought-out. Which is why it'll never happen. :p

Actually, I have to confess, I'd actually put the World Heavyweight Title on Flair with the shot. He picks the right time, comes to the ring, hits the guy with the briefcase, puts them in the Figure Four and his opponent taps. It'd be a great moment for Flair, and a realistic way to get him to #17 (or whatever number others consider...22 or 23 I think it'd be). Flair would then lose the belt in a rematch against the guy he won it off, or past it on to someone else. It'd just be a "thank you" run with the belt, and a feel good moment, I guess.

TerranRich
03-22-2008, 12:49 AM
You got a point. One more run with the belt wouldn't kill all of the IWC, would it?

Afterlife
03-22-2008, 04:05 AM
I hate Flair.

The Naitch
03-22-2008, 04:12 AM
Crack Cocaine MANE

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2008, 04:17 AM
I'm curious to see how good Flair's match with HBK is at WrestleMania. It will either be a classic, or it will be very underwhelming.

Lux
03-22-2008, 05:13 AM
Wasn't HBK winning at Mania, i swear thats the plan, makes sense as Flair is going into the hall of fame the night before

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2008, 05:16 AM
Wasn't HBK winning at Mania, i swear thats the plan, makes sense as Flair is going into the hall of fame the night before

HBK is my pick for Tipsters, I believe. I don't think the angle has become nearly as epic as it should be, though.

Afterlife
03-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Trust me; Flair's removal from television is something to celebrate.