PDA

View Full Version : HHH-HBK Do not draw.

Nacho Man
03-13-2004, 02:58 PM
HHH-HBK feud is old and tired. HHH- you are bloated, yet still obviously 'big enough to main event' HBK- your 'sexy boy' gimmick has become a source of embarassment for anyone who liked you in your prime. HHH-HBK feuds may have drawn back in 2002... MAYBE. But not now, I don't know who I speak for here, perhaps only mmyself, but as far as I am concerned. HHH-HBK is a match I never want to see again, two backstage politicians selling for eachother in a spot that could be used so much better.

Does ANYONE have any interest in seeing HHH-HBK anymore, and does ANYONE think that HBK should be in the main event at Wrestlemania?

Rock Bottom
03-13-2004, 03:01 PM
HBK needs to get the fuc</>k out of dreamland and have a long talk with Ric Flair about being in the business past your prime. Michaels needs to be putting the new guys over. HHH does belong in the main event. But not for years straight. Not like he's been doing. He's been abusing it.

Darkone
03-13-2004, 03:02 PM
To be perfectly honest, that angle has totally destroyed the chances of a good main event at 'Mania. I don't think that the three way will make it any better. HBK and Benoit could work a good match, and HBK is likely the only person that can really get a awesome match out of HHH at this point in his run. Still, HBK should just back out, he's proving everyone right about what a pain in the ass he has always been.

Keeping true to his character.

Yea, the three way will blow, but with any luck the two interpromotinal matches will be the last two. People care far more about Brock and Berg and Taker and Kane than they do about ether title match.

Rock Bottom
03-13-2004, 03:04 PM
I would rather see Triple H pin Michaels than Michaels pin Triple H.

Mr. JL
03-13-2004, 03:14 PM
The last time I saw and entertaining Triple H match, where Triple H was actually pulling his own weight was his match at Wrestle Mania X-Seven when he and the Undertaker had a fantastic match! Face it Triple H, you are not that man anymore. You haven't been for 3 years now!

HBK did not do the job to Chris Jericho at last years Wrestle Mania XIX! He stole Chris Benoit's once in a lifetime moment to headline a Wrestle Mania, in a one on one contest! Your time is over! I hope you get booed out of the arena, similar to a few weeks ago when the fans booed you in your match with Benoit!

Rob
03-13-2004, 03:15 PM
HBK needs to get the fuc</>k out of dreamland and have a long talk with Ric Flair about being in the business past your prime. Michaels needs to be putting the new guys over. HHH does belong in the main event. But not for years straight. Not like he's been doing. He's been abusing it.

Are you serious? Shawn Michaels is still one of the top 3 workers on the Raw roster with only Benoit and Jericho coming close and he is better in the ring than Jericho and has a better charisma than Benoit. Believe me, nobody wants to hate Michaels more than me but I have to give credit where it's due - He stuck to his Christian beliefs and has acted like a total professional for the first time in his career since being a singles star.

AareDub
03-13-2004, 04:16 PM
I hate to spoil the thought that EVERYONE hates HHH and HBK. I'll admit that I'm not too excited about the Mania match, but I was very excited to see their match at Royal Rumble this year. I'm probaby HHH's biggest fan now that everybody else hates him. I guess you have a point though that most people are sick of him, and it would be a better business decision to cater to the majority.

John la Rock
03-13-2004, 05:06 PM
The last time I saw and entertaining Triple H match, where Triple H was actually pulling his own weight was his match at Wrestle Mania X-Seven when he and the Undertaker had a fantastic match! Face it Triple H, you are not that man anymore. You haven't been for 3 years now!

I think the only reason that HHH hasn't been as good as he used to be is because of the quad injury. But he still has had some memorable pretty damn good matches since he returned. Let's see...

vs Shawn Michaels - Summerslam 2002
Elimination Chamber - Survivor Series 2002
vs Booker T - Wrestlemania XIX (really good match but the ending sucked)
vs Ric Flair - Raw, May 2003
vs Kane - Raw June 2003, (when Kane lost the mask)
vs Shawn Michaels - Raw December 2003 (In San Antonio)

Triple H wasn't as good as he used to be but I think he's slimming down and getting better as the days go by. I think his match with Benoit/HBK will be one the best matches at Wrestlemania XX

Rock Bottom
03-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Are you serious? Shawn Michaels is still one of the top 3 workers on the Raw roster with only Benoit and Jericho coming close and he is better in the ring than Jericho and has a better charisma than Benoit. Believe me, nobody wants to hate Michaels more than me but I have to give credit where it's due - He stuck to his Christian beliefs and has acted like a total professional for the first time in his career since being a singles star.

Dead serious. He does not belong in the World Title picture. He is not going to take the company further now than he did then. He isn't nearly as good as he used to be... And I've noticed a huge lack of enthusiasm in his work. He's even said so himself, that this isn't his life anymore, just his job. Yeah, being Shawn Michaels is worth some credit, but right now, this whole HHH/Michaels title bullcrap is ruining Benoit's cleaner feud. Michaels needs to back off.

Rock Bottom
03-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Remember Shawn vs. Bret, the screwjob in particular, Bret Hart was out and Michaels was in. Then Michaels vs. Austin - Michaels was out and Austin was in. With Michaels back in the main event picture, no less, the RAW title, he is going to have to give it up to somebody. And it's my opinion that he should just start right now. He is NOT (I repeat, not) the Showstopper anymore. Just watch, within due time (like 1 1/2 years tops), he is going to either leave or put the ball in someone else's hands. Whether it be a newer wrestler or someone not so new... I haven't seen Michaels give anyone any sort of push or put anyone over since he's been there.

Kane Knight
03-13-2004, 05:57 PM
And that's the problem.

If he was still puttinng on entertaining matches, I don't think anyone would give a fu</>ck

Rock Bottom
03-13-2004, 05:58 PM
Anyway, Michaels is like superglue, and it will eventually lose its adhesiveness. Book him against someone who is more over than him and see what happens...

Kane Knight
03-13-2004, 05:59 PM
I think the only reason that HHH hasn't been as good as he used to be is because of the quad injury. But he still has had some memorable pretty damn good matches since he returned. Let's see...
It's not just the injury. It's that the quality of his matches has gone down. If he showed some discretion and judgement...

Scarface
03-13-2004, 05:59 PM
Remember Shawn vs. Bret, the screwjob in particular, Bret Hart was out and Michaels was in. Then Michaels vs. Austin - Michaels was out and Austin was in. With Michaels back in the main event picture, no less, the RAW title, he is going to have to give it up to somebody. And it's my opinion that he should just start right now. He is NOT (I repeat, not) the Showstopper anymore. Just watch, within due time (like 1 1/2 years tops), he is going to either leave or put the ball in someone else's hands. Whether it be a newer wrestler or someone not so new... I haven't seen Michaels give anyone any sort of push or put anyone over since he's been there.

*On knees praying to McMahon Idol*

Please Matt Hardy, Please Chris Jericho

Kane Knight
03-13-2004, 06:03 PM
Dead serious. He does not belong in the World Title picture. He is not going to take the company further now than he did then. He isn't nearly as good as he used to be... And I've noticed a huge lack of enthusiasm in his work. He's even said so himself, that this isn't his life anymore, just his job. Yeah, being Shawn Michaels is worth some credit, but right now, this whole HHH/Michaels title bullcrap is ruining Benoit's cleaner feud. Michaels needs to back off.
And yet, he's still one of the more entertaining people on the Roster.

Granted, as with Rob, I'd say Jericho is better, but that doesn't mean Shawn sucks.

Rock Bottom
03-13-2004, 06:04 PM
Never said he sucked, he just needs to chill and stop spotlight hogging. Seriously. Chris Benoit's push took a significant halt just so Michaels's ass could be in the main event at Mania. My entire point was that I doubt Shawn has put any thought whatsoever to putting people over, but rather, "I wonder how long I can dance around with mirrors on my pants and superkick people."

John la Rock
03-13-2004, 06:12 PM
It's not just the injury. It's that the quality of his matches has gone down. If he showed some discretion and judgement...

it doesn't help when you're wrestling guys like Steiner, Nash, or Goldberg

Kane Knight
03-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Yes. If only his every match were against HBK, so that someone could continuously carry him and make him look good.

Mr. JL
03-13-2004, 06:19 PM
He's the CHAMPION! Its his responsibility to carry the load. He's the one who is supposed to be the best. Putting the asses in the seats and making the matches good. BUT unless he's being carried through a match by a Jericho, HBK, Booker then his matches suck. To me, if your the champion I see it as your responsibility to have the good match, regardless of whatever the challengers skills or lack there of are. Bottom line is, the champion should have the ability to take on any jabroni and make the match great.

Mr. JL
03-13-2004, 06:23 PM
Guys like Benoit, Jericho, Booker, RVD seem to be able to make their matches with Steiner, Nash, Goldberg, Henry or Batista great encounters. So why can't the Champion: the best in the business... Triple H not be able to do that?

Nowhere Man
03-13-2004, 06:30 PM
"Bottom line is, the champion should have the ability to take on any jabroni and make the match great."

...which is something very, very few people can do anymore. Benoit and Jericho are pretty much the only two people I can think of that can have a good match with the likes of A-Train and Mark Henry. Maybe Angle and occasionally Cena, but in a roster of over 150 people, having 3 or 4 people to look at as examples isn't too healthy. Especially since Benoit and Jericho have been pushed and de-pushed in and out of the World Title scene so often it'd be damn near imposible to take them seriously as champion.

Anyways, HBK is still a damn good worker, but doesn't need to be the Champ. HHH has done far more harm to the industry than help, and rivals Hogan and Gagne when it comes to spotlight hogging and nepotism. Neither of them deserve to call themselves World Champion, but it looks like we're stuck with 'em until they find another massively over up-and-coming star to bury.

Vastardikai
03-13-2004, 06:37 PM

Could be worse, you could have had to wrestle guys like El Gigante, Lex Luger, Ronnie Garvin or Dusty Rhodes...

#1-norm-fan
03-13-2004, 06:43 PM
lol. You guys who are saying HBK is still a good worker know what you're talking about. He still may be the best wrestler in the WWE right now. If he won the title at WM, I would be happy as hell. He would probably lose it a month later to Benoit, which would be fine by me but I sure as hell wouldn't mind HBK having a long title run with *gasp* good main events on all the second rate PPVs.

As far as HBK wrestling past his prime... until he stops being so damn good, he is still in his prime. If he wants to go at it full time, there's no reason why he should have to job left and right to put younger guys over just yet.

Rock Bottom
03-13-2004, 06:45 PM
No one said job left and right. I said spotlight hogging. He is not putting anyone over. At all. And he has stuck his noise in Benoit's way. This is as crystal clear as daylight.

#1-norm-fan
03-13-2004, 06:49 PM
IMO, he is a better wrestler than Benoit right now. I would much rather see Mania end with HBK as champ. Benoit is great but HBK also has the personality that Benoit doesn't have.

Rock Bottom
03-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Yeah, that must be why the chorus of boos erupted when Michaels kicked Benoit and signed the contract.

#1-norm-fan
03-13-2004, 06:58 PM
I never said he was more over with the crowd. I can't understand why though. Bottom line though is Benoit just doesn't have the "it" factor for me to enjoy the thought of him as champ. I HATE his promos. The way he gets into it and his neck starts to pop out. It's annoying as hell. But I didn't reply to bash Benoit. I just would much rather see a much more entertaining HBK as champ than Benoit.

Rock Bottom
03-13-2004, 07:18 PM
lol @ Benoit's neck.

faust34
03-13-2004, 07:24 PM
HBK shouldn't be in this match plain and simple. Rock Bottom put it right when he said HBK stuck his noise in Benoit's way. By allowing himself to be added to the mix,HBK has tainted Benoit's golden chance to shine in the ME of Wrestlemaina. I mean it would be like adding a third person to the classic bret/shawn iron man match, it would just taint it. HBK should know as a vet when to step down (or perhaps that is his real problem). If anyone with brains was running the show it should be RVD and Micheals in a WM classic and not one of their crappy raw edition RVD/HBK matches.

The Mackem
03-13-2004, 07:32 PM
Well if they don't maybe we won't see it again after Wrestlemania.

Kane Knight
03-13-2004, 07:43 PM
HBK shouldn't be in this match plain and simple. Rock Bottom put it right when he said HBK stuck his noise in Benoit's way. By allowing himself to be added to the mix,HBK has tainted Benoit's golden chance to shine in the ME of Wrestlemaina. I mean it would be like adding a third person to the classic bret/shawn iron man match, it would just taint it. HBK should know as a vet when to step down (or perhaps that is his real problem). If anyone with brains was running the show it should be RVD and Micheals in a WM classic and not one of their crappy raw edition RVD/HBK matches.
HBK would be unlikely to pass up a go at wrestlemania.

It shouldn't have been offered to him, however. Whoever planned this *cough cough* is at least equally to blame.

faust34
03-13-2004, 08:02 PM
HBK would be unlikely to pass up a go at wrestlemania.

It shouldn't have been offered to him, however. Whoever planned this *cough cough* is at least equally to blame.

Yeah and that same person must have been watching the main event of WM 2000 and thought wow that was a great idea, this time lets do it with 3 people instead. the ending will prob be the same too :rant:

John la Rock
03-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Guys like Benoit, Jericho, Booker, RVD seem to be able to make their matches with Steiner, Nash, Goldberg, Henry or Batista great encounters. So why can't the Champion: the best in the business... Triple H not be able to do that?

Ah no. Maybe Benoit that's a bout it

Mr. JL
03-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Ah no. Maybe Benoit that's a bout it
Uhh Booker suckered a good match out of Mark Henry on a couple occasions.

Jericho pulled off pretty good matches with Goldberg, Kevin Nash & Scott Steiner. His matches with those three were far superior to the matches Triple H had with those three.

RVD got a good match out of Steiner, Batista and Henry.

Fox
03-13-2004, 09:51 PM
I can't sit here and say that HBK isn't a good talent anymore, because that would be bullshit. Shawn Michaels is one of the the top 5 talents currently in the WWE, and that's certainly saying something when you look at the roster as a whole.

However, I don't think that he should have interjected himself in this Benoit/HHH situation. I believe it was Shawn Michaels who got in Vince McMahon's ear back in 1999 and told him that Austin vs. Rock, as the WrestleMania XV main event, should be a 1-on-1 match, and Mankind should not be involved to make it a Triple Threat. Now, fast forward to WrestleMania XX, and HBK has interjected himself in the biggest main event of all time. Ironic?

HHH vs. Benoit with Chris going over clean would have been a classic. Now, the match may be good, but it probably won't go down as a "WrestleMania Moment."

John la Rock
03-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Uhh Booker suckered a good match out of Mark Henry on a couple occasions.

Jericho pulled off pretty good matches with Goldberg, Kevin Nash & Scott Steiner. His matches with those three were far superior to the matches Triple H had with those three.

RVD got a good match out of Steiner, Batista and Henry.

whatever man that's your opinion

Rob
03-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Okay Shawn Michaels isn't the showstopper anymore. I'll bet you $50 right now that Michaels steals the show tonight... again!

Rock Bottom
03-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Okay Shawn Michaels isn't the showstopper anymore. I'll bet you $50 right now that Michaels steals the show tonight... again!

I bet you more that Benoit wins the gold and gets the hugest pop of the night.

Stickman
03-14-2004, 11:46 AM
I've been noticing that Benoit has been getting booed on Raw lately. I'd like to see him win for personal reasons, but I don't want to see him hold on to the belt for too long, mark my words, he will get boring very very quickly as champ.

However, him vs Jericho for the title would be incredible.........but we all know that won't happen.

Rob
03-14-2004, 12:12 PM
I bet you more that Benoit wins the gold and gets the hugest pop of the night.

Erm.. yeah with Taker coming back and Rock and Foley working the show but Benoit will get the big pop? I'll GLADLY take any bet there pal.

John la Rock
03-14-2004, 01:51 PM
Undertaker will get the biggest pop of the night guaranteed

Mr. JL
03-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Undertaker will get the biggest pop of the night guaranteed
I think that depends on which Undertaker comes back. If its the style of UNdertaker we saw in '99 then no. BUT if its the Undertaker with the purple gloves and the attire he debut in during the early part of his career, he will get the pop of the night

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-14-2004, 02:10 PM
lol at the thought of Benoit getting the biggest pop. The problem is that when HHH is in a wrestlemania main even, it has never delivered. Why? The fans NEVER have bought him as someone big enough to be in a mania main event. HHH vs. Foley vs. Show vs. Rock, it was over booked tripe and the fans wanted the belt to go to Rocky. HHH vs. Jericho, I've never seen the fans not care so much in my life.

And NOW? The fans are barely popping when the 3 guys in the MAIN EVENT are in the same ring together, they just don't give a flying fuc</>k. I wish to god they'd give Benoit a good pop, but they don't because he just wasn't built up at all. He won the rumble which was great but instead of using the momentum, they almost made it an afterthought. J.R.'s trying hard to put him over but they won't let him run with hit, and Shawn Michaels interupting Benoit every chance he gets doesn't help. In fact, the only guy who's actually done a decent job in putting Benoit over is HHH...but the fans don't care about him so it's just not going to work.

Whatever, if Benoit wins tonight, I'll be happy with a lukewarm reaction, because after 4+ hours of solid wrestling, that's the most he's going to get. Especially in a shitty 3-way, even if 2 of the best workers in the company are in it.

parkmania
03-14-2004, 02:12 PM
BUT if its the Undertaker with the purple gloves and the attire he debut in during the early part of his career, he will get the pop of the night

I think I'm remembering this right...

'Taker first wore the grey gloves. It wasn't until there were the two 'Takers running around that you got one wearing purple.

I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

PureHatred
03-14-2004, 02:35 PM
HBK is a shell of the performer he used to be. And since his persona hasn't changed at all, he feels a little outdated. Even the entrance music is tired.

Not that he sucks. He's still a great performer, but like RockBottom said, he's at the point in his career where he should be elevating other wrestlers to the main event. He needs to lose in order to give credibility to the guys who are going to take his place when he leaves (again).

Put it tihs way..HBK is so well established, that if he wins tonight it really does nothing for his career. Been there done that. But if Benoit wins.....wow. Huge moment and I think the crowd will appreciate that.

BTW...I never understand why people bring up HBK's Christian beliefs whenever someone critiizes Michaels. I've never read, "Well, Goldberg can't sell to save his life, but at least he stays kosher."

Mr. JL
03-14-2004, 02:43 PM
I think I'm remembering this right...

'Taker first wore the grey gloves. It wasn't until there were the two 'Takers running around that you got one wearing purple.

I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me.
Yeah, I can't remember which came first but your probally right. I just said the purple gloves because I thought it looked cooler than the grey ones.

Rock Bottom
03-14-2004, 02:53 PM
Eh, okay maybe not biggest of the night, but much bigger than Michaels anyhow.