PDA

View Full Version : Batista vs. Umaga

GD
03-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Least anticipated interpromotional match of all times. I giving it a chance. I mean I am expecting Batista to steal the show like last year's Mania. Umaga did show his balls last year at the great american bash.

GD
03-19-2008, 07:12 AM
It's going to be more than a filler.

Rammsteinmad
03-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Should be an ok match, but nothing amazing.

Mr. JL
03-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Welcome to... Sucka Mania 24!!!

Mr. JL
03-19-2008, 07:44 AM
The only matches worthwhile are Flair-Michaels and the MITB spot fest.

The Edge-Undertaker match should be a good contest, but even a blind deaf retard knows the outcome.

Rammsteinmad
03-19-2008, 07:45 AM
Umaga did show his balls last year at the great american bash.

:nono:

Dave Youell
03-19-2008, 08:12 AM
I have high hopes for this match, this could be the most ‘Japanese’ match on the card, 2 big guys who can move well, loads of power moves, hopefully brawling outside, honestly, think this one could be a sleeper match of the night

BigDaddyCool
03-19-2008, 09:54 AM
What does Japanese mean?

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I think this match will be good. I mean, Batista will need to have his work boots on, but whether or Dave does a good job at WrestleMania will probably be indicative of whether or not he goes up or down for the rest of 2008. I think we'll see a really good big man match, to be honest.

Plus, William Regal might be involved. Anything that involves William Regal is instantly awesome. Please, put Regal and Theodore Long on commentary for this match. I don't know why, but I just really want to hear it.

BigDaddyCool
03-19-2008, 10:12 AM
BTW, i instantly hate anything with Batista...except his book, that thing is comic gold.

Innovator
03-19-2008, 10:14 AM
I'd love to see Umaga work Batista strong style

BigDaddyCool
03-19-2008, 10:14 AM
BTW, I want Umaga to win. He hasn't beat a maineventer in a while.

Innovator
03-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I'm pulling for the little guy

Super V
03-19-2008, 10:23 AM
What does Japanese mean?

Either a 'realistic' chopfest or a hardcore deathmatch.

BigDaddyCool
03-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Either a 'realistic' chopfest or a hardcore deathmatch.

Oooo. No way it is going to be stiffer than JBL v Finlay.

Mr. JL
03-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Oooo. No way it is going to be stiffer than JBL v Finlay.

Exactly

BigDaddyCool
03-19-2008, 10:48 AM
No way is anything going to be stiffer than a JBL v Finlay match, unless you have Bobcore v Saturn...Or maybe throw a pissed off Scott Stiener into anything.

Dave Youell
03-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Woah, totally forgot about JBL/Finlay

Man the undercard for Mania this year is pretty strong I think, nothings really been put together at the last minute, shame the main events suck.

Anyway, by Japanese, yeah I basically meant stiff, but not just strikes, Japanese matches tend to have loads of big power moves towards the end with close 2 counts and false finishes, I expect both guys to kick out of each others finishers and will have to pull out something special for the win

BigDaddyCool
03-19-2008, 10:59 AM
From a total markish sort of point of view...Umaga has a more flexible and diverse move set. When power moves aren't working, he can easily hit some highflying splashes.

BigDaddyCool
03-19-2008, 11:04 AM
A little color comment to the match that you may have forgetten. Umaga(Eddie Fatu) and Batista were both trained by Afa Anoa'i.

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2008, 11:30 AM
A little color comment to the match that you may have forgetten. Umaga(Eddie Fatu) and Batista were both trained by Afa Anoa'i.

I can see that going a long way to getting this guys into a zone where they decide they "have" to have a good match. I think JBL/Finlay, which you mentioned, might do the same. Umaga and Batista know what kind of match JBL and Finlay are going to have, so I'm sure they're either going to beat the shit out of each other and actually top it (whether or not that is advisable is another issue), or they'll work a different style of match.

Hopefully they are smart enough to not give us JBL/Finlay-lite.

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2008, 11:31 AM
I just hope Umaga does not wear his red tights. Those are pretty...un-Umaga-ish.

Jura
03-19-2008, 04:04 PM
That day was his laundry day.

Afterlife
03-19-2008, 04:39 PM
What does Japanese mean?

Of or pertaining to Japan.

Afterlife
03-19-2008, 04:42 PM
I just hope Umaga does not wear his red tights. Those are pretty...un-Umaga-ish.

Are you kidding? Those are amazing! It's like his bulbous ass is made of a tiny, red sun!

Evil Vito
03-19-2008, 11:29 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I'm with everyone who thinks this could be the sleeper match of the night. I honestly can see them putting on one hell of a fight with Umaga coming out on top. A few reasons for this:

1. It's a battle for brand supremacy, and so they'd probably want Raw to win.

2. The faces can't ALL be victorious. It's pretty obvious that one of HHH/Cena is winning, Taker is winning, there's no heel in Flair/HBK, and, hopefully, Finlay will win his match to end that storyline. A heel needs a decisive win somewhere.

3. As mentioned, Umaga hasn't had a win against a big name in quite some time. Putting him over Batista would put Umaga back on the map...and I'm sure the match would be done so that Batista comes off strong as well so he won't lose any momentum.

4. If the match rules, I can see either Batista getting drafted to Raw or Umaga getting drafted to Smackdown and they can continue feuding, and it would become a proper feud instead of just a thrown-together brand challenge.</font>

Mr. JL
03-20-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm not a fan of Batista, but the WWE needs to draft him back to RAW. The WWE should have him put over someone on the SmackDown side and then go to RAW to have a bunch of fresh feuds.

GD
03-20-2008, 12:39 AM
Cena should go back to smackdown! and do his word life gimmick. Batista can make a great high profile heel on Raw.

Tommy Gunn
03-20-2008, 06:12 AM
Bat's endless title shots have kind of put me off him alot, but I do like him when he's not in the main event. His book is hilarious, and YOUMANGAH is one of the best 'athletic' powerhouses the EEE have got.