PDA

View Full Version : I wanna see more stables.

BigDaddyCool
03-19-2008, 11:51 AM
I just want to see more stables in wrestling. And real stables, not just these guys are feuding against a bunch of heels so we will make an unlikely alliance. I don't have much more to say than that. Stables working towards getting all the belts tends to make things better.

Kane Knight
03-19-2008, 12:09 PM
I want to see wrestling more stable.

Xero
03-19-2008, 12:12 PM
I want to see more stable wrestlers.

Kane Knight
03-19-2008, 12:18 PM
I want to see wrestling staplers.

Dave Youell
03-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Watch ROH, pretty much everyone is in a stable there

GD
03-19-2008, 12:30 PM
BDC is God. I agree.

BigDaddyCool
03-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Watch ROH, pretty much everyone is in a stable there

ROH doesn't count.

Loose Cannon
03-19-2008, 02:21 PM
wrestling works best when you have a top stable. this everyone for themselves thing that seems to be going on right now in WWE really doesn't work. but then again, they don't want to book wrestling shows anymore, so whatever.

and having everyone in a stable is just as dumb in my opinion. guys get lost in the shuffle left and right.

Boondock Saint
03-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah I love stables. But I wanna see main-event ones. I don't care about shit like the Mexicools.

St. Jimmy
03-19-2008, 03:06 PM
TNA has 15 stables, don't they?

Johnny Vegas
03-19-2008, 04:18 PM
What needs to be done is an IC-range stable who makes their presence known in the main-event scene. Then ppl like HHH, HBK, Orton, etc. are like who the fuck are these guys? Like their cockiest, flashiest member challenges the WWE champ and wins via interference in the biggest upset ever.

Then the leader of the group makes bribes like 'whoever keeps the title on me tonight will personally get $10,000 tonight!!' Can you imagine the turmoil that will stirr up in the lockerroom? Cena may have a match against the leader for the title and the whole anticipation for the show will be whose going to do it. May be a group of guys standing near ringside, waiting for Cena to fuck up.

BigDaddyCool
03-19-2008, 04:44 PM
What needs to be done is an IC-range stable who makes their presence known in the main-event scene. Then ppl like HHH, HBK, Orton, etc. are like who the fuck are these guys? Like their cockiest, flashiest member challenges the WWE champ and wins via interference in the biggest upset ever.

Then the leader of the group makes bribes like 'whoever keeps the title on me tonight will personally get $10,000 tonight!!' Can you imagine the turmoil that will stirr up in the lockerroom? Cena may have a match against the leader for the title and the whole anticipation for the show will be whose going to do it. May be a group of guys standing near ringside, waiting for Cena to fuck up.

Not a bad idea.

Jura
03-19-2008, 05:04 PM
http://www.standrewsstables.com/gallery1/images/stables_0017.jpg
http://www.izix.com/photocards/images/BelmontStables.jpg

Zen v.W.o.
03-19-2008, 05:10 PM
The rosters are too small when split up into brands for a few stables to pop up.

Get rid of the brand splitting, may as well.

Afterlife
03-19-2008, 05:31 PM
ROH doesn't count.

For real; It doesn't even have a W in it.

Afterlife
03-19-2008, 05:32 PM
The rosters are too small when split up into brands for a few stables to pop up.

Get rid of the brand splitting, may as well.

Shh. :|

Xero
03-19-2008, 06:03 PM
For real; It doesn't even have a W in it.

Neither does TNA.

Come to think of it, nothing in their title really alludes to wrestling whatsoever.

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2008, 06:23 PM

This is what I was hoping they'd do with The Spirit Squad. Five young guys with talent and potential, that were just too green to cut it on their own. But what they did was said "hey, the main event guys are really disorganised, so if we helped each other out, we could do really well." Instead of giving them first names only, the WWE really could have played them out as living, breathing individuals with their own identities, just under The Spirit Squad banner because it's getting them on the card.

"The First" Ken Doane, "Thrillseeker" Johnny Jeter, "The Natural" Nick Nemeth, "Mighty" Mike Mondo and "Tough Enough" Nick Mitchell. I think that could have been a pretty damn hot stable. Mitchell as the lowest guy on the totem pole, Mondo & Nemeth as your tag team, Johnny Jeter a little higher up, and Doane as the main focus of the group.

As for a stable I'd like to see in the WWE nowadays, I'd personally go with a Corporation stable, or something with Shawn Michaels in it. Turn John Cena heel and align him with Vince McMahon, and bam, instant top heel for a new Corporation-esque stable. Cena is the main man of the WWE, and he's Vince's boy. It makes sense that Vince would want his biggest merchandise seller on his side, and Cena seems like more a company man than Austin, The Rock or Hogan, thus more likely to side with Vince.

Another big player in a pro-Vince stable, would ideally be JBL. He beat up what could have been the bastard child of Vince because he had suspicions he was trying to deceive Vince. Now that's loyalty. Layfield could make a great second gun for the main event scene. Umaga has always been Vince's go-to guy when he wants someone hurt, so it would make sense for the Samoan Bulldozer to join, but that might be pushing things too focused on the main event. A veteran like Hardcore Holly or Val Venis could do the whole Undertaker circa end-2001 thing and talk about how he's put so many years into the WWE, that he's one of Vince's most loyal workers, so it's about time they got into bed with Vince. William Regal could recommend Paul Burchill for the group, or something, which makes Katie Lea a female member.

If they keep John Cena face post-WrestleMania, which is most likely, I would not mind a full-time heel reunion of D-Generation X. Maybe have them go by the stable name "The Kliq". Triple H is furious John Cena snatches victory out from under him at WrestleMania, HBK turns heel at WrestleMania after he loses cleany to Flair, and the two guys basically play politicians on RAW. I'm trying to think of who could join the group, and really, all I can come up with are Ken Doane and Brian Kendrick.

Ken Doane was trained by Killer Kowalski, and he seems fit to a stable environment, in my opinion. He's young, got a ton of potential, and his natural heel character is a great fit for a politics-based heel stable. Move Victoria over to RAW with him, and she can go back to being awesome in the Women's Division. Or you can come out with his engagement to Mickie James, and turn them into a "real" couple, which would go with the whole "real backstage attitude" of the stable. I could imagine the heat Doane could get for coming to the ring with Mickie James, and talking about how he hates to burst their fantasies, but Mickie is a taken woman and Doane is the only guy who gets to bang her, and he gets to do it nightly.

Brian Kendrick could be turning heel in the future, so why not stick him with the man who trained him, doing sort of an "internship" to prepare Kendrick for the skills he needs to break the same boundaries HBK did? He'll probably have more chance lost in a stable than being lost on his own. Maybe include Lance Cade with him, and have Paul London and Trevor Murdoch do their own thing, and Kendrick & Cade can team up? Just throwing shit at the walls, really.Or you could get London & Kendrick: modern day Heel Rockers.

Nick Nemeth is again someone I have to mention, as I think his "Natural" gimmick would play well with a heel HBK, turned so because he's betrayed his friend, Ric Flair. HBK could groom Nemeth to end Flair's career, just to play with Flair's head (I doubt they'd ever have Nemeth achieve something like that).

A focused Charlie Haas could fit into something like that, as well. But yeah, I would actually be interested in the heel pairing of Triple H & Shawn Michaels. More so than the face pairing of the two.

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Neither does TNA.

Come to think of it, nothing in their title really alludes to wrestling whatsoever.

TNA is a wrestling promotion?!?! Damn it, I thought it was like one of those "most wild" shows you catch on Fox. :(

James Steele
03-19-2008, 06:27 PM
WWE should run a promotion-wide stable that was similar to the New Blood on WCW. Mr. Kennedy and MVP as the leaders of a stable of young guys ready to take over the business from the old regime would be $$$.

Mr. Nerfect
03-19-2008, 06:44 PM
WWE should run a promotion-wide stable that was similar to the New Blood on WCW. Mr. Kennedy and MVP as the leaders of a stable of young guys ready to take over the business from the old regime would be $$$.

I would love to see something like that. A stable that just doesn't give a fuck, and grows to have a chapter on each brand would be pretty fucking cool. They could even sort of make their own "brand," but that might be too "shades of nWo" for everyone.

Kane Knight
03-19-2008, 06:57 PM
I agree with the notion that the rosters are kind of stretched thin for stables to be popping up. Hell, they can barely seem to scrape up enough people for the Rumble.

Ruien
03-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Wait 2 more years for a real stable to happen.

Juan
03-19-2008, 07:29 PM
in WWE, wrestlers from all three brands show up on any given show, so why not have a stable that stretches across all three brands? I think it could work.

Rollermacka
03-19-2008, 10:09 PM
I dont know one of the things I didnt like about WCW after awhile was that they had Hogan, Macho, Sting, Hall and Nash all on one team it gets borring after a while.

Didnt WWE have this before with Los Boricuas , The Nation, DOA and Truth Commission all fighting in "gang warfare". They had people complain that it was a take off the violence between black, white, latino and south african free-from-persecution groups. :shifty:

PorkSoda
03-19-2008, 11:12 PM
I just want to see more stables

Go to a barn.

BigDaddyCool
03-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Go to a barn.

Jura beat you to the joke and used pictures. You lose.

Jura
03-20-2008, 01:22 PM
I win!

Rammsteinmad
03-20-2008, 01:48 PM
I said on here a few years ago how more stables make for a better show. You've got two stables fueding, but one stable could casually pass by one in the hallway... one stable could hire another to do their dirty work... members of one stable can team up with members of another...

Basically it'll be stable warfare. You'd have your singles stars and your tag teams... but (for example, WCW 1998) you'd have the NWO, NWO Wolfpack, Four Horsemen and Raven's Flock. Or if you look at WWF's boom period, you had the Corporation, DX, Nation of Domination, Hart Foundation etc.

As for the whole modern day youngster thing, if could be like the Natural Born Thrillers in WCW. Which would be cool. :y:

Johnny Vegas
03-20-2008, 02:26 PM
I dont know one of the things I didnt like about WCW after awhile was that they had Hogan, Macho, Sting, Hall and Nash all on one team it gets borring after a while.

Didnt WWE have this before with Los Boricuas , The Nation, DOA and Truth Commission all fighting in "gang warfare". They had people complain that it was a take off the violence between black, white, latino and south african free-from-persecution groups. :shifty:

what are you talking about

Jura
03-20-2008, 02:50 PM
WWE: San Andreas.

Rollermacka
03-20-2008, 04:59 PM
what are you talking about

I was watching the Royal Rumble DVDs and they had macthes between Savio Vega's stable and DOA. I read up about that and it talked about how briefly the WWE had the all white DOA, all black Nation, and all latino Los Boricuas feuding together and that people complained about how it was a take off of all the gang violence between white biker gangs, black, and latino street gangs. I just threw the Truth Commission in there because I remember very shortly them being thrown into that mix too and what the truth commission was kinda based off.

If oyur talkin about the other thing I never liked how WCW always had a "stable" at the top of the company ie Dungeon of Doom, NWO, New Blood, Natural Born Thrillers, Magnificant Seven....

redoneja
03-20-2008, 10:30 PM
I'd like to see stables similar to how they were in All Japan in the late 80's through the 90's. It was basically a group of wrestlers that trained together and were semi-regular partners in tag matches. However, they'd wrestle each other if one happened to be a champion and another was #1 Contender. I liked this because it allowed the stable to continue without having to break up. Of course, the wrestling scene in America probably isn't conducive to this system.

Since that wouldn't work, I'd like to see a stable similar to the Heenan Family. In this system, one manager would oversee a couple singles wrestler and a tag team (maybe 5 total wrestlers). The wrestlers wouldn't run together all the time, they'd simply be held together by a common manager. And then when the wrestlers can be thrown together in 6 and 8 man tags, hell even a 5v5 Survivor Series match.

Jura
03-21-2008, 03:51 AM
Forget stables mang. I wanna see more nipple slips...in HD! Actually I just wanna see the whole boob(s) pop out. Jillian or Candice seems to be likely candidates as them thangs are huge.

Rammsteinmad
03-21-2008, 04:17 AM
Stables in America only last a year and then it's stadard procedure that they HAVE to split up. The dominant figure goes on to singles success, the others disappear.

Mr. Nerfect
03-21-2008, 06:18 AM
I said on here a few years ago how more stables make for a better show. You've got two stables fueding, but one stable could casually pass by one in the hallway... one stable could hire another to do their dirty work... members of one stable can team up with members of another...

Basically it'll be stable warfare. You'd have your singles stars and your tag teams... but (for example, WCW 1998) you'd have the NWO, NWO Wolfpack, Four Horsemen and Raven's Flock. Or if you look at WWF's boom period, you had the Corporation, DX, Nation of Domination, Hart Foundation etc.

As for the whole modern day youngster thing, if could be like the Natural Born Thrillers in WCW. Which would be cool. :y:

I agree with what you are saying, 100%. I remember making a thread called "Oz-style booking" or something, back in the day. In Oz, you have a bunch of guys in prison, people getting stabbed each episode, and guys making alliances because they really have to make alliances because they have too many enemies. In some ways, it is very WWE-like. Both basically run off the male urge to settle thing with violence rather than good etiquette.

Don't set your shows in a prison or anything, I'm not saying that. But a lot of the concepts should remain. Guys should be cliquey, and there should be a lot of testosterone flying around the place, and as "JBL in the showers" as it might sound, I think some of the more established stars should have a newer guy that they sort of "own." Whether it be in student form, "carry my bags" form or "haha, you're a funny kid, hang out with me" form. Guys who have been around for longer would have respect for one another, and a lot of the friendships and partnerships they need to create to hang in there, would be pretty tight.

Just a random example: the ECW guys. Tommy Dreamer, Balls Mahoney, Stevie Richards and Nunzio all came from ECW, and are now on the big stage. It's logical that they've bonded over this. Maybe throw in Chris Jericho, too, because even though he went on a different path, he would fondly remember the old ECW days. On top of that, Tommy Dreamer has taken Colin Delaney under his wing. Balls Mahoney is dating Kelly Kelly. Nunzio has a "cousin" on SmackDown!, in Jamie Noble. He also used to team with Funaki, and Chuck Palumbo is a "business associate" of his. Noble may not get along with Palumbo, but if he bitches about it, he doesn't really have guys watching his back.

So that's a group consisting of ten people: Chris Jericho, Tommy Dreamer, Stevie Richards, Balls Mahoney, Nunzio, Colin Delaney, Kelly Kelly, Jamie Noble, Funaki and Chuck Palumbo. They are from all different areas on the card, and the group spans across three brands. Some guys would be more detached from it (Chris Jericho), and others would be more dependent on it (Nunzio; Funaki). Then you could have Jamie Noble get too uncomfortable with Chuck Palumbo hanging around, so he leaves, and joins Kane (who seemed quite protective of Noble on SmackDown! recently), who is aligned with The Undertaker.

It'd be a great way of getting guys over via association, and it gives pretty much everyone the appearance of something to do. It'd also make guys who choose to be on their own (I can't see John Cena in a group) look much more independent than they normally would, and it would add some validity to the "underdog" thing.

Outsider
03-22-2008, 10:21 PM
I'd have WCW come back as a large, cross brand, stable. Have it led by someone who isn't called McMahon.

Have them chase the US title and World Title as there company but have them ignore the WWE title to make it more interesting.

Could even have them win Smackdown or something.

Mr. Nerfect
03-23-2008, 01:42 AM
I'd have WCW come back as a large, cross brand, stable. Have it led by someone who isn't called McMahon.

Have them chase the US title and World Title as there company but have them ignore the WWE title to make it more interesting.

Could even have them win Smackdown or something.

Truthfully, as much as people will groan at this, if the WWE could secure a time slot (and they can't even do that for SmackDown! and ECW well these days), then I'd be happy to see WCW return as a fourth brand.

Afterlife
03-23-2008, 01:56 AM
Grooooooooooan.

Mr. Nerfect
03-23-2008, 02:02 AM
I honestly believe there is a roster strong enough to support it.

Afterlife
03-23-2008, 02:13 AM
How about a fan base?

ron the dial
03-23-2008, 02:39 AM
alienoid sometimes you need to provide a summary of yr posts at the end

Kane Knight
03-23-2008, 11:40 AM
WWE: San Andreas.

Grand Theft Asshole: Vince City.

Slow
03-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Brood

ron the dial
03-23-2008, 01:09 PM
how is this the only thread to have gotten any action in here in like 2 hours

thedamndest
03-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Million Dollar Corporation. IRS could have been WWF champion if that had been pushed right.

Kane Knight
03-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Back to staples. I want to see the Nation of Collation.

The MAC
03-23-2008, 03:25 PM
get bischoff back..he buys smackdown and turns it into WCW..so have WWE raw, ecw and wcw

Mr. Nerfect
03-23-2008, 10:38 PM
How about a fan base?

Touche.

However, it's hard not to see WCW with rose colored glasses when looking at today's product.

Afterlife
03-23-2008, 10:40 PM
I never saw WCW when I wore prescription glasses. Now that I'm laser-enhanced, I still don't wanna see it.