PDA

View Full Version : terrelle pryor signs with OSU

The Genius
03-19-2008, 12:08 PM
i think michigan is in trouble. mallet transferred to Ark i think and now lost out on the pryor sweepstake. OSU will just continue to get stronger. RRod will have a tough 2-3 years ahead of him going head to head with OSU. Depending on his arm, he sounds alot like jamarcus russell. supposedly runs a sub 4.3 40 at 6'6 230.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-19-2008, 02:32 PM
What an idiot, he would have been perfect for Michigan's offense. I guess OSU can tinker their offense for him I guess (kinda like Texas did for Vince Young) but he would have been perfect at Michigan. I think you are right though, I have no idea who is going to play QB for them. Mallett is gone and I don't think any other QB on the roster has any playing experience.

DrA
03-19-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm surprised he picked football over basketball.

The Genius
03-19-2008, 04:35 PM
i would like to see him try both, there was a PG at UNC who did it as well as julius peppers.

i cant see michigan finishing better than 3rd in the big 10 next year, maybe even worse depending on PSU and ILL.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-20-2008, 01:45 AM
Ronald Curry was the guy who played QB and PG at UNC (He was a wide out now for the Raiders)

I don't know who OSU has on the roster but I would assume they have some type of QBs coming up, at Michigan he would have been handed the starting job and an offense that is perfect for his type of play. It's not like he went to a pro style offense to prove he could play in the NFL or something, Ohio State still runs a verison of the spread. Rodriquez's is tailored for a running QB though but seeing how he is pretty much the creator of the spread I am sure he'll figure something out.

Nervous Ferret
03-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Todd Boeckman

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-21-2008, 01:38 AM
I thought he graduated for some reason but he didn't, well I guess they might do the Tebow thing where they only use Pryor some of the time or something. I guess he saw what happened to Jimmy Clasen at ND and wanted no part of a situation like that. Which makes sense, Michigans top 4 or 5 dudes from offense all left

Testicle
03-26-2008, 08:46 PM
I agree that Michigan is now screwed, they thought that they had their star QB and then he left to play for their rivals.

Plus, Ohio State is now set at QB for quite some time with Beckman and Prior.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-26-2008, 10:52 PM
One of Michigan's top returning lineman just left the team too.

Plus they are ditching Nike and switching to Adidas :n:

Supreme Olajuwon
03-26-2008, 11:24 PM
He's probably gonna do the thing with Boeckman that Tebow and Leak did two years ago at Florida. I dunno I like that OSU got a potential star but I think he's going to be a problem for the program.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-27-2008, 12:25 AM
well I guess they might do the Tebow thing where they only use Pryor some of the time or something. Scream @ Tha Kid Supreme

Supreme Olajuwon
03-27-2008, 01:01 AM
Tressel already had the Shotginn formation with Ginn lined up at QB so I'd imagine he'd use something similar next year except with more passing.

I really don't think Rodriguez' system is that much more suited to Pryor than Tressel's. Rodriguez has just had better athletes at QB and Tressel has had better arms. But any QB with even a little bit of mobility in Tressel's spread (Krenzel, Smith) has had a ton of success.

Stickman
03-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Everytime i see this thread i think it says "Terrible Player signs with OSU"

asphyXy
04-21-2008, 04:17 AM
Everytime i see this thread i think it says "Terrible Player signs with OSU"

I was going to post the exact same thing.

James Steele
05-15-2008, 12:34 AM
Rich Rodriguez is a fucking dumbass. Why would he put his future on a fucking HS prospect. I know he loves the spread option (and will kill the Big 10 if he stays long enough to get the talent), but you can't make that radical of a change in year 1 and expect to be successful. He could have easily made the transition a slow one and still been very successful with Mallett and even ran a 2-QB system until Mallett leaves then do a "full tilt" spread option offense.