PDA

View Full Version : Money in the Bank...6 Heels, 1 Face

JT
03-20-2008, 12:11 PM
So yea, I just took a look at the current lineup for the Money in the Bank this year and realize that CM Punk is the only real face in the match. The rest are still heels (Selton, Carlito, Kennedy, Morrison, MVP), or are slowly turning heel (Jericho). On paper the match still looks decent, but to have a Wrestlemania match where most of the people are bad guys and the one good guy is getting stale is a bad idea. I think they really should fill Jeff's place in the match and give it to someone who could use a push and is a current babyface. Matt is the first to come to mind, but I'm sure there's others that could use it too.

DarKCentaur
03-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Who's to say Matt Hardy won't be a surprise entrant?

Volchok
03-20-2008, 12:26 PM
I Don't think they're gonna have Jericho turn heel now, I think they were putting him in heel mode for his program that was starting with Hardy.

Volchok
03-20-2008, 12:27 PM
BTW are they gonna replace Hardy because I thought I read somewhere that they weren't replacing him.

Londoner
03-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Either jericho kennedy or cm punk will win. I can't decide between the three, but there's two faces as i don't think they have officially turned jericho heel.

Chavo Classic
03-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Sure, people are going to watch MITB to observe good heel-face chemistry and not for the insane bumps and crazy spots.

KingofOldSchool
03-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Punk's not a face because the only pops he get are dubbed in.

RGWhat316
03-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Punk's not a face because the only pops he get are dubbed in.

and because he's always in trouble, there isn't much there to dub in.

James Steele
03-20-2008, 02:48 PM
If Mr. Kennedy doesn't win this I will be shocked.

Destor
03-20-2008, 02:51 PM
What Chavo said.

Destor
03-20-2008, 02:52 PM
I couldn't hearwhat KoOS said of the dubbed pop.

Heros Welcome
03-20-2008, 02:54 PM
If Mr. Kennedy doesn't win this I will be shocked.

I don't think Kennedy will win because I think they will put him back with Vince and build him up to be the real son.

Chavo Classic
03-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Spunk on the Keyboard... 2 Girls, 1 Cup

James Steele
03-20-2008, 03:39 PM
I don't think Kennedy will win because I think they will put him back with Vince and build him up to be the real son.

Don't tell me that. :(

Heros Welcome
03-20-2008, 03:41 PM
I could see it happening

James Steele
03-20-2008, 03:50 PM
I could see it happening

Exactly.

Afterlife
03-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Who's to say Matt Hardy won't be a surprise entrant?

I've been kicking that around in my head, too. Again, I'm not a big Matt fan, but he could definitely use the win, all the while claiming "This is for Jeff".

Porcupine
03-20-2008, 07:13 PM
I've been kicking that around in my head, too. Again, I'm not a big Matt fan, but he could definitely use the win, all the while claiming "This is for Jeff".

And when Jeff comes back, Matt could say "Okay, Jeff, Ill give you the shot". Jeff comes out and Matt destroys him and turns heel.

Afterlife
03-20-2008, 07:21 PM
No, don't give him a shot at all. When Jeff returns, Matt says "I did it for you...because you can't do it for yourself." Have him go on about how no matter what happens, now matter how good Jeff gets it, something always shows up to ruin it for him. This way, at least SOMEone in the family isn't a total loser and actually got what he came to the business to get. That's your fued-starter.

Lux
03-21-2008, 01:34 AM
Punk's not a face because the only pops he get are dubbed in. :D

and because he's always in trouble, there isn't much there to dub in. :yes:

Either jericho kennedy or cm punk will win. I can't decide between the three

why would you say that TL, why :'(

Mr. Nerfect
03-21-2008, 06:44 AM
No, don't give him a shot at all. When Jeff returns, Matt says "I did it for you...because you can't do it for yourself." Have him go on about how no matter what happens, now matter how good Jeff gets it, something always shows up to ruin it for him. This way, at least SOMEone in the family isn't a total loser and actually got what he came to the business to get. That's your fued-starter.

Money. Right there.

Mr. Nerfect
03-21-2008, 06:54 AM
I'm fairly certain CM Punk won't be winning. A lot of people heightened his chances when Jeff Hardy was booted, and that is perfectly logical, but I don't know. Something about Punk winning just doesn't seem right. For one, there are faster rising stars in the match than him (MVP), plus he may not be more over than the other face (Jericho), and the guy who defeated him in the match last year is still hanging around (Kennedy). Punk will get it over Carlito, Morrison and probably Benjamin, but I think that is high as Punk's chances go.

Chris Jericho is looking more and more like a probable winner to me. He's getting back into his groove more and more every week (the fans are actually biting for him again), and his ring work is still as great as ever, in my opinion. Plus the guy has shades of grey to him, so if he wins, then he can believably do the whole "I'm waiting for the right time, Cena" thing. The biggest detriment to a face winning, in my opinion, is that they cannot pull off the title shot in the smart way, because they look too slimy doing it.

I think we'll be seeing less some of guys play more "neutral" characters heading into WrestleMania. They'll probably all technically remain heels, but I think Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison and Carlito will let their stunts speak for themselves, and open up some eyes up to them. Mr. Kennedy and MVP will be the only guys that I think the fans will be encouraged to boo as they are climbing the ladder.

I do wish Matt Hardy was in there to sort of balance things out more, though. Why a secret entrant, though? That just pretty much guarantees he has to win. Matt should be in the match, but to be honest, I don't think he should win.

James Steele
03-21-2008, 12:53 PM
The biggest detriment to a face winning, in my opinion, is that they cannot pull off the title shot in the smart way, because they look too slimy doing it.

That is why I believe Jericho will be a heel by SummerSlam, and he will cash it in to avenge his firing years ago.

KingofOldSchool
03-21-2008, 01:15 PM
The biggest detriment to a face winning, in my opinion, is that they cannot pull off the title shot in the smart way, because they look too slimy doing it.

RVD told me to tell you "Hello."

James Steele
03-21-2008, 01:19 PM
RVD told me to tell you "Hello."

Yes, because RVD cashing in his MITB at ECW ONS was "smart and clever". That was the only reason that had the damn show until they got the deal with SciFi.

KingofOldSchool
03-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Yes, because RVD cashing in his MITB at ECW ONS was "smart and clever". That was the only reason that had the damn show until they got the deal with SciFi.

RVD managed to pull it off didn't he and he was a babyface, correct?

James Steele
03-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Yes & Yes, but the angle wasn't exactly clever (other than RVD beating Cena)

Fox
03-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Do tell, what title shot angles involving ANYONE have been clever over the past few years?

And don't say John Cena winning the Rumble.

Mr. Nerfect
03-21-2008, 10:15 PM
RVD managed to pull it off didn't he and he was a babyface, correct?

Um, irrelevent. Edge cashing it in was clever. The first time, Cena had gone through an Elimination Chamber; the second time, The Undertaker had just defended the title (I believe) and had been decimated by Mark Henry.

RVD cashing it in was a pre-announced match. Not really "strategist" stuff. Although you could argue that picking an ECW event was in RVD's favour, in kayfabe, things still could have gone Cena's way.

Mr. Nerfect
03-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Do tell, what title shot angles involving ANYONE have been clever over the past few years?

Both times Edge has cashed in MITB.

James Steele
03-23-2008, 01:12 PM

I hope you don't think I will say anything positive about Cena.

Team Sheep
03-23-2008, 05:10 PM
I think Matt will make a surprise interferance and cost MVP the match just as he's about to grab the briefcase. And their feud can kick start from there on to Backlash and Judgment Day.

Mr. Nerfect
03-23-2008, 10:15 PM
OK, can someone answer me this:

I'm as big a fan of the Matt Hardy vs. MVP feud as anybody, and they do have unfinished business, I agree. But if we're talking about really getting a feud going, wouldn't the logical guy for Matt Hardy to go after be Randy Orton? You know, he is the kayfabe reason he is sitting out and missed his chance to compete in the Royal Rumble?

Matt Hardy could be after the US Title, and certainly wouldn't like MVP. I totally get that. It's just, if I were Matt Hardy, my mind would be on Orton.