PDA

View Full Version : Why Michael Cole is the next Gordon Solie...

James Steele
03-21-2008, 02:19 PM
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6083/418c6e2b579014ab27baa01ma1.gif

THE UTTER EMOTION

Xero
03-21-2008, 02:27 PM
You call that emotion?

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Wrestling/donwest.gif

Mr. Nerfect
03-21-2008, 10:28 PM
The most annoying thing about Michael Cole is his face bias. If he lost that, and pulled out that jounalist ego complex more often than not, he'd be a lot better, in my opinion. Not a full blown heel turn, or anything, but he should be the most dislikable of the three play-by-play commentators. Except for Todd Grisham on Heat. I'd actually make that guy a heel.

Afterlife
03-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Cole is the best. Heck with all of ya.

Mr. Nerfect
03-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Cole is the best. Heck with all of ya.

Joey Styles is better than him, in my opinion, but Cole is nowhere near as bad as people make out.

FourFifty
03-22-2008, 03:31 AM
Cole needs someone more colorful with him. I didn't watch SmackDown because I can't stand the Coach and Cole combo. Cole is the kinda guy other people can feed off of. I loved Cole and Tazz, same goes for Cole and JBL. But what we have with Cole and Coach is a team about as epic as Barry Horowitz and The Brooklyn Brawler.

Afterlife
03-22-2008, 03:56 AM
Joey Styles is better than him, in my opinion, but Cole is nowhere near as bad as people make out.

Let me say this: Joey is better in the real world. But Cole is the best WWE commentator.

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2008, 04:12 AM
Cole needs someone more colorful with him. I didn't watch SmackDown because I can't stand the Coach and Cole combo. Cole is the kinda guy other people can feed off of. I loved Cole and Tazz, same goes for Cole and JBL. But what we have with Cole and Coach is a team about as epic as Barry Horowitz and The Brooklyn Brawler.

I agree. Coach isn't at the stage where he feels like someone who really adds knowledge to a broadcast. What's Bill DeMott doing these days? That guy was pretty excellent when he was color commentator of Velocity.

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2008, 04:14 AM
Let me say this: Joey is better in the real world. But Cole is the best WWE commentator.

Hmm, I haven't really compared them thoroughly, but I really like Styles regardless of where he is. His biggest flaw at the moment is that he doesn't sound passionate. Styles does a great job of keeping up with continuity and stuff.

FourFifty
03-22-2008, 04:19 AM
I agree. Coach isn't at the stage where he feels like someone who really adds knowledge to a broadcast. What's Bill DeMott doing these days? That guy was pretty excellent when he was color commentator of Velocity.

DeMott was good, but I think WWE should drive a tuck load of money up to Canada and re-sign Don Callis.

Lux
03-22-2008, 05:06 AM
Hmm, I haven't really compared them thoroughly, but I really like Styles regardless of where he is. His biggest flaw at the moment is that he doesn't sound passionate. Styles does a great job of keeping up with continuity and stuff.

Styles does a good job of continualy annoying me, he sucks ass compared to cole, sure cole needs a bit more work but he has been around longer then styles who's voice just makes me want to knife someone

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2008, 05:09 AM
DeMott was good, but I think WWE should drive a tuck load of money up to Canada and re-sign Don Callis.

I never really heard much of Callis, so I'm unfit to comment, but a lot of people seem to love him. :y:

Afterlife
03-22-2008, 09:47 AM
I say, if we really NEED to switch-out Coach, get Al Snow.

Bill DeMott can eat my ass.

NeanderCarl
03-22-2008, 09:54 AM
If they want to replace Coach, I hear Raven is free (although he says he would never work for WWE again).

Porcupine
03-22-2008, 10:05 AM
If they want to replace Coach, I hear Raven is free (although he says he would never work for WWE again).

Raven : I will NEVER work for the WWE again! :foc::foc:

*phone rings*

Raven : Really?! I'LL BE THERE IN 5 MINUTES!!!!!

Cole: AND NOW LET ME INTRODUCE MY NEW BROADCAST COLLEAGUE...JOHNNY POLO!

Raven: ...

Cole : Nice pink suit there!

NeanderCarl
03-22-2008, 11:57 AM
I hope he brings his sound effects machine to SmackDown.

Add a little glamour.

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2008, 12:26 PM

Honestly, that would be incredible.

TNA made a huge mistake by not making Raven their color commentator to work alongside Mike Tenay, in my opinion.

Porcupine
03-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Honestly, that would be incredible.

TNA made a huge mistake by not making Raven their color commentator to work alongside Mike Tenay, in my opinion.

http://www.areavoices.com/wrestling/images/thumbnail/donwest.jpg

"YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!"