PDA

View Full Version : What The Fuck Is Fighting Spirit

Mister Sinister
03-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Okay, I got into a discussion over this, from some Puro obsessed guy, of course, most of you know me and what style of wrestling I like...

He started on about this fighting spirit crap, when one guy kicks the other guy head off, the other guy comes back and nails a kick right to the juggular...they exchange this forever, until one guy wins 5 minutes later with a knee to the head...

I said why are theses guy No-Selling, and he likes, they're not...That's fighting spirit..

Serious...What the difference....as humerous as it would be to say....The Undertaker has Fighting Spirit

Mr. Nerfect
03-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Well, I guess they are sucking up the pain and trying not to be the first guy to get overwhelmed, lose the advantage, etc.

Have you ever played that game where you and another person (or people) hold onto a railing that has had the sun shining on it for some time, and it is quite hot, and the last person to let go is the winner? Basically it's like a wrestling version of that. "Bitch, I'm not going to be the first guy to show pain at your kicks, you go down first, motherfucker."

Mr. Nerfect
03-24-2008, 08:40 PM
When The Undertaker no-sells, it's him trying to play mind games, I guess, which is a little bit different. One is based more on competition, and Taker is more trying to say "look at the shit I can take without losing my focus, man, please realise you're fucked."

Mister Sinister
03-24-2008, 08:42 PM
LOL, I love how you put that.

Destor
03-24-2008, 08:49 PM
No selling and FS are tottally different becuase of their intent. No selling is to make one look superior and the other inferior. Fighting spirit makes both men looks good. Showing they can take the other mans best shots are just fire back their own. Prety different.

Heros Welcome
03-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Dest pretty much nailed it there.

Innovator
03-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Low Ki vs. Samoa Joe, Glory by Honor

Heros Welcome
03-25-2008, 12:13 AM
The one match I have been dying to see.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-25-2008, 01:19 AM
What Destor said. Fighting Spirit is also somewhat bastardized on the American indy scene. AJPW mid 90's is really one of the best examples though. There's a difference between an indy guy no selling a german suplex, getting up, and nailing a string of moves, vs A guy taking a german suplex, staggering to his feet through the pain, and managing to nail a hard lariat, taking his opponent down before he collapses back to the ground as well.

FS really adds to a match when done right. It's no selling done in a way that adds legit drama, and doesn't downplay the move, or the person giving it.

Xero
03-25-2008, 10:14 AM
No selling and FS are tottally different becuase of their intent. No selling is to make one look superior and the other inferior. Fighting spirit makes both men looks good. Showing they can take the other mans best shots are just fire back their own. Prety different.

So Kane and Undertaker (for example) exchanging blows and both no-selling is fighting spirit?

Chavo Classic
03-25-2008, 10:18 AM
I've always noticed that the Japanese wrestlers are better at playing the FS style.

Destor
03-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Not if they're no selling. When it's fighting spirit they sell the blow, but only breifly, and then fire back their own. I mean I suppose it could be, but it's all about how they do it. Not what they're doing.

BigDaddyCool
03-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Does Sabu have fighting spirt, or is he just crazy?

Destor
03-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Wildman is the term.

Jordan
03-25-2008, 11:41 AM
I think when a puro fan says "So and so has amazing fighting spirit", one they are retarded because wrestling is fake. Two, fighting spirit means that you can basically get hit a lot SCREAM!!! and then hit a lariat then wait 9 seconds before you both get up and exchange more fighting spirit.

Destor
03-25-2008, 11:44 AM
I think when a puro fan says "So and so has amazing fighting spirit", one they are retarded because wrestling is fake. Two, fighting spirit means that you can basically get hit a lot SCREAM!!! and then hit a lariat then wait 9 seconds before you both get up and exchange more fighting spirit.
No more rediculous than someone saying "x wrestler sells so well."

Kane Knight
03-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Fighting Spirit is meaningless unless they channel it into a massive Hadoken.

Destor
03-25-2008, 11:54 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fx29KrQsUfw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fx29KrQsUfw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

:shifty:

Xero
03-25-2008, 12:02 PM
ROFL

I wonder where that footage is from...

Kane Knight
03-25-2008, 12:37 PM
I think it's from the 360 Version.

Destor
03-25-2008, 12:40 PM
ROFL

I wonder where that footage is from...If yomean the clip it's something Nitro had made, if you mean the cena modle lookes like SvR07.

Indifferent Clox
03-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Fighting Spirit is meaningless unless they channel it into a massive Hadoken.

I unignored you on accident but to very pleasent results!

NeanderCarl
03-30-2008, 12:31 PM
It's a magazine. :shifty: