PDA

View Full Version : Which Mania match are you looking forward to the most?

Shaggy
03-24-2008, 10:34 PM
With under a week away till Mania....Which match are you the most pumped for?

Im looking more forward to Michaels Vs Flair than any of the others....

Destor
03-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Flair.

Azriel
03-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Flair/Michaels

KYR
03-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Flair.

Flair/Michaels

Ditto...everything else to me is just...meh.

Heros Welcome
03-24-2008, 11:45 PM
For me I'm really pumped for the MiTB match, since it is very unpredictable. I could see 4 guys winning, plus I think the match is going to be great. HBK/Flair is a extremely close 2nd.

NYDon
03-25-2008, 12:33 AM
1. HBK/Nature Boi
2. Umaga/Batista
3. JBL/Finlay

Mr. Nerfect
03-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Money in the Bank has my attention right now, but don't think I am disrespecting HBK/Flair. I just know that if I go in expecting a classic, I could be disappointed. I'm trying to condition myself to expect two old men to show up at WrestleMania, so hopefully I am blown away.

The whole ECW Title scene thing had me interested, but chances are that I will be let down by that, too. Just a feeling. I'm half interested in Batista/Umaga and JBL/Finlay's stuff.

Mayweather and Big Show holds a level of curiosity with me. I won't go as far as to call it "interest", but Mayweather pretty much has to go over, but they can't put him over Big Show clean. Something's going down there, mark my words. I'm not sure who it will be, but I think someone is stepping up as a heel and helping Mayweather over. This could also be a car wreck, but that sort of goes with my curiosity thing. I'm sort of curious as to how bad this will be, assuming it will be bad.

Edge and The Undertaker's story and feud does not capture my imagination at all, but I believe the match will be good. We'll see Edge put on his working boots, and Taker is better in the ring now than he has been pretty much at any point in his career (hey, he only needs to come into work when he feels like it). I've run over some of the spots they can work here in my head, and I think we will see a lot of in-ring drama. I'm not a Taker mark, so him going over won't mean shit to me, on an emotional level, but I think this will deliver for marks, and most people, in general. This is my pick for sleeper of the evening.

BunnyMania killed my interest with the inclusion of Ashley. This was not a WrestleMania match when it featured Candice Michelle, and it is not a WrestleMania match now. Especially when Mickie James is the better replacement. Fuck the WWE for giving Mickie the shaft.

The WWE Championship match also does not make me want to buy this PPV. It has not been passionate enough, it does not feel like a WrestleMania match, and I do not like any of the guys in it. I still maintain that heel WWE Champion Shawn Michaels vs. face 2008 Royal Rumble Winner Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship was the perfect WrestleMania XXIV main event. Put over Jericho cleanly via submission, and his return actually means something. Jericho won't draw any less than the guys put forward for this RAW TV match.

Fox
03-25-2008, 01:49 AM
Since I'm going to Mania, my view might be kind of skewed.

1) Money in the Bank: The spots are going to be amazing, I'm sure, plus seeing Jericho's entrance live inside the Citrus Bowl is going to be like a dream come true.

2) Michaels vs. Flair: Obvious reasons.

3) World Title: Almost entirely just to see Undertaker's entrance live.

4) Triple Threat: Booing Cena live is going to be amazing.

The Optimist
03-25-2008, 02:05 AM
Money in the Bank, then the ECW title stuff. Everything else is meh.

I expect most people to be monstrously dissappointed by the Flair/Michaels match.

ddpBANG
03-25-2008, 02:27 AM
Really? I'm the only one who voted for the WWE title match? That's easily gonna be the best match of the night.

Mr. Nerfect
03-25-2008, 02:55 AM
Really? I'm the only one who voted for the WWE title match? That's easily gonna be the best match of the night.

All three guys in there will be busting their ass off, I'm sure, but when you've got seven talented guys doing the same in Money in the Bank, the actual chance for a surprise in matches like the ECW Battle Royal and it potentially being Flair's last match (and hence a lot of pressure on HBK), I'm pretty certain we're going to get another forgetable main event.

Rammsteinmad
03-25-2008, 03:55 AM
Money In the Bank. It's a shame Jeff ain't in it, coz it has an amazing line-up of contenders. Oh well...

Jura
03-25-2008, 05:02 AM
I don't think the HBK/Flair match will be great, if anything it's going to be sentimental. The crowd will probably make the match because unless Flair does dirty tricks he can't keep up with HBK which also means HBK can't be the Showstopper. I hope I'm wrong but that's how I feel about it right now.

Batista vs Umaga could be good if they destroy each other King Kong vs Godzilla style back and forth with a lot of cool spots. If not, then it will be filler. It has lower expectations and if it happens like I said then it could take people by surprise.

HHH vs Orton vs Cena. It will be slightly better than if they did a match on Raw but won't be spectacular. Only thing I'm looking forward to is the Boo!, Yeah!, Boo!, Yeah thing.

Bunny match. It would have been better if they did the inter gender match at WM instead of on Raw. Otherwise all I'm hoping for is a nipple slip or two or three.

Belfast Brawl - Finley Vs JBL. Boring...boring...boring..zzzZzz zzZz

Mayweather vs Big Show. Don't know what they are going to do. It's gonna be interesting what they do but I have a feeling there are going to be a few surprises and it's not gonna be just Mayweather vs Show because that is ridiculous.

Money in the Bank - What can I say?

ECW Battle Royal + Chavo - Will be interesting to see what happens and I think Chavo will lose the belt.

Undertaker vs Edge - Edge is gonna do all he can but Taker will be victorious.

Destor
03-25-2008, 05:06 AM
I've gotta say, the crowd reactions will be very quite for the home audience. It's an open arena right? Pretty sure the last time this happend all the noise just went straight up out of the place.

Azriel
03-25-2008, 05:43 AM
I'd like to see them make Bats/Umaga interesting. I think on Smackdown they should say the winning brand gets first pick at the draft

Impeccable
03-25-2008, 07:40 AM
Big Show/Mayweather...appeals to the casual fan who dips in and out of wrestling....also, I want to see Show break his face in return for the No Way Out nose breaking charade.

ddpBANG
03-25-2008, 07:47 AM
All three guys in there will be busting their ass off, I'm sure, but when you've got seven talented guys doing the same in Money in the Bank, the actual chance for a surprise in matches like the ECW Battle Royal and it potentially being Flair's last match (and hence a lot of pressure on HBK), I'm pretty certain we're going to get another forgetable main event.
Exactly. All three guys will be giving it their all. One guy is the best in the biz, one guy is one of the most over guys in the company, and the other ...well, good luck Randy.

I've seen a Flair match. They're all pretty much the same, anymore. If this was HBK/Flair in the early 90's, it's easily one of the best matches, but it's not. It's a nearly 60 year old man out there.

What's left to do in a ladder match? TLC killed ladder matches. There's just no spots left you can do. And face it, that's all a ladder match is. A spot fest.

ECW Battle Royal :rofl: Chavo's not gonna lose his title already, and if he does, who cares? Nobody watches ECW.

Now I'm not saying these don't have to potential to be good matches, and they very well might be. I've been surprised before. I'd just rather see the triple threat.

Londoner
03-25-2008, 08:52 AM
MITB cause jericho said to expect somethin unique we haven't seen before in a ladder match, and also flair/micheals and taker/edge. Im really looking forward to most of this card other than the battle royal and whomaga/batista tbh.

BigDaddyCool
03-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Belfast brawl should be a hard hitting slobber knocker.

Londoner
03-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Hmm, I say the jericho match, bdc says the jbl match..shocking isn't it?

Porcupine
03-25-2008, 10:09 AM
MITB.

It has M V P.

:y:

Londoner
03-25-2008, 10:10 AM
MITB.

It has Jericho/shelton &M V P.

:y:

fixed.

BigDaddyCool
03-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Hmm, I say the jericho match, bdc says the jbl match..shocking isn't it?

I said the Finlay match.

Anyhow I'm excited for Flair HBK, and as long as HHH wins, I'm exicted for that too. Plus Umaga beating up Batista should be good.

BigDaddyCool
03-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Actaully besides bunny mainia, the card looks really good.

Chavo Classic
03-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Vote of confidence for ECW right there

thedamndest
03-25-2008, 11:18 AM
I think it's safe to say that Umaga will be stealing the show this year.

KingofOldSchool
03-25-2008, 12:22 PM
I've gotta say, the crowd reactions will be very quite for the home audience. It's an open arena right? Pretty sure the last time this happend all the noise just went straight up out of the place.

Way to cover up the lack of pop CM Punk will get. :roll:

FourFifty
03-25-2008, 02:46 PM
I demand my right to vote "loose cannon"

Theo Dious
03-25-2008, 02:53 PM
I demand my right to vote "loose cannon"

owenbrown
03-25-2008, 03:04 PM
*SPOILERS*

Loose Cannon wins. :shifty:

Jordan
03-25-2008, 03:17 PM
I can't wait for Jericho/Flair. I hope its the main event.

Destor
03-25-2008, 03:22 PM
I can't wait for Jericho/Flair. I hope its the main event.Oooh. me too. :shifty:

Evil Vito
03-25-2008, 05:13 PM
<font color=goldenrod>HBK/Flair</font>

Mercury Bullet
03-25-2008, 07:40 PM
1. Flair/HBK
2. MITB

And nothing else matters the slightest bit. Most disappointing Mania card i can think of IMO.

The Heenan Family
03-25-2008, 10:39 PM
I think it's safe to say that Umaga will be stealing the show this year.

And your Subway Sandwich

dablackguy
03-25-2008, 10:59 PM
MITB just edges Flair/HBK for me

Mr. Nerfect
03-26-2008, 04:45 AM
Exactly. All three guys will be giving it their all. One guy is the best in the biz, one guy is one of the most over guys in the company, and the other ...well, good luck Randy.

I've seen a Flair match. They're all pretty much the same, anymore. If this was HBK/Flair in the early 90's, it's easily one of the best matches, but it's not. It's a nearly 60 year old man out there.

What's left to do in a ladder match? TLC killed ladder matches. There's just no spots left you can do. And face it, that's all a ladder match is. A spot fest.

ECW Battle Royal :rofl: Chavo's not gonna lose his title already, and if he does, who cares? Nobody watches ECW.

Now I'm not saying these don't have to potential to be good matches, and they very well might be. I've been surprised before. I'd just rather see the triple threat.

Hold on, who is over in the Triple Threat? John Cena gets women and children cheering and guys booing the women and children for their cheering. That's sort of half over, I guess. Triple H is well established (he saw to that), but the best in the business? There is a whole list of guys I'd rather see work over Triple H. I assume he was who you were talking about there? As for being over? Well, Triple H is over, but his reactions still aren't amazing or anything. A lot of that does have to do with the era we are in.

Glad to hear you are looking forward to it, but your hopes for the match are much higher than mine, let me tell you that.

Mr. Nerfect
03-26-2008, 04:47 AM

Wow, then that's going to suck. Crowds are generally quieter these days, so the WWE is going to have a hard time getting that legitimate ovation. JR screaming "By God, what an ovation!" as people stand up to take pictures as about 20% of them pop doesn't count.

Mr. Nerfect
03-26-2008, 04:50 AM
Way to cover up the lack of pop CM Punk will get. :roll:

It honestly would not surprise me if the WWE wanted the Cena boos to float out of the arena.

At WrestleMania 22, I anticipated the crowd shitting on Rey during the match, and taking Angle's side. This year, I am half-anticipating (although I don't think it will be as strong as the pro-Angle WrestleMania 22 heat) a fair bit of Randy Orton support. It would not surprise me if Orton even manages to best Triple H at some point during the match.

That will make me mark out. I don't really like Orton, but I will flock to his camp for one night.

Mr. Nerfect
03-26-2008, 04:53 AM
Also, Money in the Bank this year is going to be fantastic. Shelton Benjamin will come up with a brilliant spot, John Morrison will do something insane and revive his "Holy fuck, Morrison is great" stigma, and I expect Carlito to take some bumps himself. MVP will be surprisingly brilliant in a Ladder Match, mark my words. I am still dreaming of a Live from the 305 in the WWE.

I think this year's Money in the Bank will be the best installment yet.

ddpBANG
03-26-2008, 07:05 AM
Hold on, who is over in the Triple Threat? John Cena gets women and children cheering and guys booing the women and children for their cheering. That's sort of half over, I guess. Triple H is well established (he saw to that), but the best in the business? There is a whole list of guys I'd rather see work over Triple H. I assume he was who you were talking about there? As for being over? Well, Triple H is over, but his reactions still aren't amazing or anything. A lot of that does have to do with the era we are in.

Glad to hear you are looking forward to it, but your hopes for the match are much higher than mine, let me tell you that.
Hate to tell you this, Noid, but Cena is over. Yes, mostly with women and children, but maybe you don't realize this... There's a lot of women wrestling fans, and they will buy WrestleMania.

Triple H is IMO the best in the biz. I'm still entitled to my opinion, right? It can be argued he's not as over as he used to be, but he can still work. There's no denying that.

My hopes are higher than yours? Well, obviously. But this thread is titled "Which Mania match are you looking forward to the most." I figured the word "you" meant me and not Noid. :-\

Volare
03-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Is anyone else thinking that the Bats/u-main-ga match might resemble some of the Lesnar/Goldberg match from WM-XX?

Kane Knight
03-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Trips/Cena/Orton. Three guys with a history of injury competing in a high profile match?

Kane Knight
03-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Hate to tell you this, Noid, but Cena is over. Yes, mostly with women and children, but maybe you don't realize this... There's a lot of women wrestling fans, and they will buy WrestleMania.

Which is why males 18-34 are so coveted, yes?