PDA

View Full Version : Lesnar's agent quoted in Sunday Star Tribune...

PureHatred
03-14-2004, 01:00 AM
....I had to become a "member" of the Minnesota Star Tribune mailing list to read the story printed yesterday where Vikings head coach Mike Tice basically blows the whole Lesnar/NFL thing out of the water. Well, that convinced me this was a work.

Then tonight I was mailed a "News & Notes" thing showing some of the items that will be printed in a column in the Sunday paper ...

In Sid Hartman's column for March 14...

John Wolf, the local agent who represents professional wrestler Brock Lesnar, said the former Gophers NCAA champion will retire from the pro ranks after being paid $500,000 to tangle with Bill Goldberg tonight in Wrestlemania XX at Madison Square Garden. "Brock earned more than $3 million the past year in wrestling, but he is sick of the sport and wants to go into pro football," Wolf said. "He plans to hire a pro football person who can condition him for the game and then try out with various teams."

wow..unless the agent is also part of the work(a possibility...)it looks like Brock is leaving..

CBright7831
03-14-2004, 01:02 AM
This sucks.

HHHsucks929
03-14-2004, 01:11 AM
This is definitely the worst case of a wrestler leaving EVER. The guy they invested their damn future in, just walking out on them to try out a sport he's never played before. It's like Shawn Michaels leaving in 1996, The Rock leaving in 2000, Steve Austin leaving in 1998, or even bret Hart leaving in 1994.

This is like Michael Jordan playing baseball for god's sake!

Joe Kerr
03-14-2004, 01:18 AM
Id rather him leave now being hes sick of it then have someone around that doesnt want to be around. If he were to stay and he doesnt want to more than likely hes going to hurt people or cause problems backstage.

CBright7831
03-14-2004, 01:30 AM
This is definitely the worst case of a wrestler leaving EVER. The guy they invested their damn future in, just walking out on them to try out a sport he's never played before. It's like Shawn Michaels leaving in 1998, The Rock leaving in 2001, Steve Austin leaving in 1999/2002, or even Bret Hart leaving in 1996.

This is like Michael Jordan playing baseball for god's sake!

Fixed

Corkscrewed
03-14-2004, 01:33 AM
The guy's his agent, so it might work.

On the other hand, maybe Lesnar's serious, but he might be very well disappointed to find that no teams care about him later.

OssMan
03-14-2004, 11:16 AM
Dammit, and Edge is going to RAW :nono:

blake639raw
03-14-2004, 11:22 AM
I know Dave Meltzer and everybody under the sun is reporting that Brock is leaving, but it could still be a work possibly. Maybe they're doing this to try and get some heat on Lesnar at MSG. Or to just put doubt into the who's gonna win the match. I don't know, I guess I'm just being too optimistic. :-\

Stickman
03-14-2004, 11:36 AM
Has brock ever played football

PureHatred
03-14-2004, 02:14 PM
No. Not at college and not in HS. I really thought it was a work, especially since the day before the Vikings head coach said that there was no work-out scheduled...but now Lesnar's agent coming out and saying Brock is going to quit, get a trainer, and tryout for a team down the road....starting to sound more possible.