PDA

View Full Version : WWE HoF 2009

Xero
03-31-2008, 03:36 PM
Yep, with Mania done and over with, and with Mania in Texas next year, time to start thinking about next year's hall of fame.

I'm thinking the main induction should either be Austin or Terry Funk, Funk being more likely and not both of them.

Don't know who would be the secondaries, though.

McLegend
03-31-2008, 03:39 PM
The Von Erich's are from texas aren't they?

Jeritron
I honestly think they'll go with Austin. Unless they suck it up and give the honor to Savage, which I doubt.

They need to go with a big name for the HOF ceremony every year, and if you look back on it aside from Austin and a few others everyones either already in, still active, or at odds with WWE

Jeritron
The Von Erich's are from texas aren't they?

I think they went in last year. Didn't they?

Afterlife
03-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Duke Droese. :shifty:

McLegend
03-31-2008, 03:45 PM
I think they went in last year. Didn't they?

No I don't think they were.

So gotta have a Von Erich, and then Terry Funk will be the big name.

Afterlife
03-31-2008, 03:50 PM
No I don't think they were.

So gotta have a Von Erich, and then Terry Funk will be the big name.

One went in, but not the whole family. I remember him waving with his GIANT HAND.

Loose Cannon
03-31-2008, 03:52 PM
of course you put Fritz in as the promoter choice

I would definately induct Austin, the Funks as a tandem (Dory and Terry) Dory is just as imporant as Terry.

From there you need a female as they seem to be doing this. I dunno, Elizabeth is there.

Then maybe an announcer/manager choice: Would be nice of them to induct Gary Hart. Being he was the mastermind behind a lot of WCCW's success

Then you have a shit load of guys to choose from.

Jeritron
03-31-2008, 03:56 PM
I say Dennis Stamp guilt trips his way into the HOF by showing up backstage and bitching at them about not being invited. Then he gets to the podium and talks about how NO ONE can have a better match with Dory Funk Jr. than him

Loose Cannon
03-31-2008, 03:57 PM
LOL, does he bring the trampoline with him? Can't have Dennis stamp without his trampoline.

Jeritron
03-31-2008, 04:02 PM
I can just picture him backstage with Vince guilt tripping him

Vince: Why aren't you going to be here?

Stamp: BECAUSE I'M NOT INVOLVED!!!

Loose Cannon
03-31-2008, 04:04 PM
lol. you have me rolling at work here man.

I ALREADY HAVE MY TICKETS. I CAN'T CHANGE THEM

Jeritron
03-31-2008, 04:06 PM
I can just picture Dennis Stamp grabbing the mic and outpopping DX

Jeritron
03-31-2008, 04:07 PM
Vince should totally make it happen. The guy just sits by his phone waiting for a booking all day like Bruce Wayne waiting for the fucking bat signal.

After 18 years "between" matches, if that guys caller ID lit up and said WWE Stamford CT he'd probably shit his pants

Jeritron
03-31-2008, 04:09 PM
He'd probably do vile things just to get a main event squash on heat. Vince could seriously use him as a hired hand like the jackass guy in Happy Gilmore.

As Stamp puts it, he'd "rather be in the main event than breathe" and this is a referee spot at a tribute show. Imagine what this guy would do to be a ref at Cyber Sunday. Let the fans decide!

Loose Cannon
03-31-2008, 04:11 PM
lol.

"got to stay in shape...because you never know when I'll get that call."

Vastardikai
03-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Arn Anderson should be inducted.

I still say Kevin Sullivan, for his contributions.

Jeritron
03-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Rewind to last night

The Undertaker raises hit title belt in victory with the lights dimmed and the blue glowing, the fireworks cue. But suddenly the lights come up and Vince comes out.

He says the night isn't over. It cuts to a shot of CM Punk bloody and bruised with a weight lying next to him and no briefcase.

Suddenly the music hits...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KQbhC_3EGMc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KQbhC_3EGMc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Dennis Stamp comes out and beats Taker for the world title ending the streak. He then commits Harry Carry to end the night and CM Punk is pronounced dead on arrival

#1-norm-fan
03-31-2008, 04:15 PM
lol @ a WWE Hall of Fame topic turning into a Dennis Stamp conversation. :lol:

Loose Cannon
03-31-2008, 04:18 PM
yea, was thinking Arn. You have Arn, Rude, Tully for christ sakes, Steamboat, Roberts and the list goes on an on

Loose Cannon
03-31-2008, 04:19 PM
ROFL Stamp

weather vane
03-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Von Erichs HAVE to go in next year.

Jeritron
03-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Needs more Stamp

Jeritron
03-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Stamp The Yard

Testicle
03-31-2008, 04:28 PM
I dont think they will do Austin, its not like you need to do his in Texas, he will be so over no matter where it is.

The Funks are the guys they need to do.

Loose Cannon
03-31-2008, 04:29 PM
the problem with the Von Erichs lies within who you put in? Mike and Chris belong no where near a HOF. Kevin is so so. David and Kerry had decent enough careers to warrent induction. Fritz definately.

but you cannot induct all of them. that's a slap in the face to so many guys that aren't in

Jeritron
03-31-2008, 04:30 PM
You should change your name to Stamp4Champ. It has a better ring, and you might get some respect

Testicle
03-31-2008, 04:31 PM
Deal

Jeritron
03-31-2008, 04:31 PM
Test sucks. Test has no place as champ, and he has to get behind Dennis in line if he wants to work again

weather vane
03-31-2008, 04:35 PM
the problem with the Von Erichs lies within who you put in? Mike and Chris belong no where near a HOF. Kevin is so so. David and Kerry had decent enough careers to warrent induction. Fritz definately.

but you cannot induct all of them. that's a slap in the face to so many guys that aren't in

I don't know ... the family as a whole could easily be inducted. They could always just induct Fritz next year, that would be good enough I suppose.

Testicle
03-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Dennis prolly will land another job before Test will.

Jeritron
03-31-2008, 04:36 PM
are you kissing my ass?

Blue Demon
03-31-2008, 04:37 PM
lol @ a WWE Hall of Fame topic turning into a Dennis Stamp conversation. :lol:

Jeritron
03-31-2008, 04:37 PM
Stand tall for your convictions

FourFifty
03-31-2008, 08:52 PM
BRET HART VS HBK @ WM25!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!111!!!!one1!!!!eleven1!!!

Mooияakeя™
03-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Taker. he used to be billed from Texas. Yeah, Takes. Michaels? He's from Texas. Fuck what is with this hometown shit?

Well, it's my understanding they did Flair this year to keep interest in the HoF. So maybe someone definitely from Attitude era. Maybe even Owen Hart?

Pfft. i dunno.

KayfabeMan
04-01-2008, 12:19 AM
WM in Texas.

Dory Funk, Terry Funk, Steve Austin and Dusty Rhodes
vs.
Shawn Michaels, Jose Lothario, Kevin Von Erich & Walker, Texas Ranger

KayfabeMan
04-01-2008, 12:19 AM
Referee, Dennis Stamp.

Mr. Nerfect
04-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Stone Cold Steve Austin should go in, and maybe even work a match on the PPV. The Funks going in together would be sweet. Fritz Von Erich going in would be great, as LC said. I don't think you can make all the entrants from Texas, however. Maybe Owen Hart going in? Austin would probably not mind sharing the night with him.

HTrain90
04-01-2008, 01:31 AM
I think it's too soon for Stone Cold. So long as there's a chance he'll work "one more match," I don't want him in. The honor of being the only active performer in the HOF needs to stay with Ric Flair. As long as there's a possibility of Austin wrestling again, which I've heard on and off for 2 years now, he doesn't need to be inducted.

Von Erichs - definitely.

Would love to see Owen Hart inducted.

Arn Anderson is a must, IMO. And the other original horsemen are worthy of serious consderation.

Jeritron
04-01-2008, 01:35 AM
You act like Hogan didn't go in in 2005 and work matches after it, or like Slaughter doesn't job shitty matches and participate in gimmick joke battle royals

HTrain90
04-01-2008, 01:47 AM
I suppose, but Hogan always seemed to be portrayed as being bigger than the business itself. I just feel like it's too soon for Stone Cold. He's only been gone a couple years. I just feel like it'll go over a lot better in 5-7 years when he's been gone a decade and bringing him back for the HOF feels fresh and not like just another SCSA return.

Jeritron
04-01-2008, 01:50 AM
I disagree on several things in that post but whatever

Jeritron
04-01-2008, 01:52 AM
You can look at a variety of things if you want to get technical. When was his last match, one in early 03 and hasn't been fully active since early 02. As of next year thats 6 or 7 years retired. That's longer than Bret had been retired in 06.

Jeritron
04-01-2008, 01:52 AM
Or Hogan or Piper

HTrain90
04-01-2008, 02:05 AM
True. I can see where you're coming from. Personally I'd rather have them wait on Stone Cold, but I will not at all be upset if they inducted him next year. It's not a matter of if but when. And if it's next year, great. If not, great. I can understand opinions going both ways, but would just rather they wait so it's more of an event when he is inducted (if that's possible).

Jeritron
04-01-2008, 02:17 AM
I'd rather not see him go in as an old man. The guy retired before he became an old man and bowed out on top, quietly and without hanging around to stink up the joint or get in the way of youth. He's a first ballot hall of famer easily. Flair went in right when he was retiring, as he should have. Others went in after several years away from fulltime compettiton.
Austins a god in wrestling and has been retired for 7 years with no signs of a return. Put him in sooner than later.

Mister Sinister
04-01-2008, 03:03 AM
Stone Cold Steve Austin should go in, and maybe even work a match on the PPV. The Funks going in together would be sweet. Fritz Von Erich going in would be great, as LC said. I don't think you can make all the entrants from Texas, however. Maybe Owen Hart going in? Austin would probably not mind sharing the night with him.

It's not too soon for Austin, considering, Eddie went in 4 months after his death.

Hanso Amore
04-01-2008, 06:32 AM
Main Event - Austin

Feature Induction- Local Hero's the ENTIRE Von Erich Clan.

That would be a great start in Texas.

I would love to see Owen go in, I just dont think he ever does. Not because he doesnt deserve it, but because the way he died. I doubt the Harts would allow the WWE to ever do anything Owen related.

What about Bulldog? Might wait a few years until DH is a big player to induct his dad.

Gary Hart is fringe. Good but not great.

How about the Freebirds? They changed tag wrestling.

Arn and Tully are my sleeper picks that I would mark for.

El Fangel
04-01-2008, 07:13 AM
WM in Texas.

Dory Funk, Terry Funk, Steve Austin and Dusty Rhodes
vs.
Shawn Michaels, Jose Lothario, Kevin Von Erich & Walker, Texas Ranger

I will not make a Chuck Norris joke, I will not make a Chuck Norris joke, I will not make a Chuck Norris joke.

El Fangel
04-01-2008, 07:14 AM
Chuck Norris tears can cure any illness, too bad Chuck Norris is unable to cry.

El Fangel
04-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Fuck sake I made one.

Chuck Norris is such a man, he lost his virginity before his father.

Goddamn it, Its like an addiction.

srnrew
04-01-2008, 07:24 AM
First choice: Von Erichs because of Fritz's career and WCCW.
Then Jake Roberts, Ted Dibiase, Miss Elizabeth, Road Warriors, and my sleeper pick: "The Fink" Howard Finkel, greatest announcer of all time.

El Fangel
04-01-2008, 07:30 AM
Seriously, Jake Roberts, and the Von Erichs.