PDA

View Full Version : The Von Erichs/HOF Discussion

Loose Cannon
03-31-2008, 05:00 PM
kind of a spin off of Xero's thread as it really got me thinking. Does any Von Erich, minus Fritz, really belong in the HOF? Of course the Von Erich name is a famous and legendary name in pro wrestling. Some of the fame might stem from the wrong reasons, but let's face it, they've left a big stamp on professional wrestling.

but really, to me, none of the five boys, except maybe Kerry, achieved huge success in wrestling outside of World Class. Yes, they were the kings of Dallas and Kerry was the NWA Champion for 5 minutes, but so was Rugged Ronny Garvin. Kerry went to the WWF and became a mid carder until he shot himself.

David might of been a huge star, but died way to soon. Kevin did nothing outside WCCW. Mike and Chris were nothing but just part of the family.

I haven't really thought about this until right now, but minus Fritz, do you induct them? If so, how? Do you do it as a unit or individually? Or just not at all

KingofOldSchool
03-31-2008, 05:42 PM
They should induct them as a family.

Jeritron
03-31-2008, 05:49 PM
They should induct Dennis Stamp.

weather vane
03-31-2008, 05:57 PM
Like I said in the other thread I really think they deserve to be inducted as a family.

St. Jimmy
03-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Yes. They do.

Loose Cannon
03-31-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm going to play devils advocate here and say if they get inducted as a family, why don't they just induct about 10 other families who are on par with them in wrestling history? Not discrediting how legendary the Von Erichs were (mostly in Dallas though), but they didn't have a superstar in the family. David could of been, but that's where it ends.

Personally, I think Fritz easily gets a pass, but because the HOF is based on individual/tag team accomplishments, I don't see any of the boys getting in. we'll see

FourFifty
03-31-2008, 08:38 PM
They'll get in at WM25for the same reason Eddie Grahm got in this year- hometown boys draw.

Loose Cannon
03-31-2008, 08:39 PM
you wanna bet? I bet Fritz goes in, that's it.

weather vane
03-31-2008, 08:43 PM
I think Kerry was a pretty big superstar and all of them gave a lot to the wrestling buisness at the time. Fritz should 100% go in, that's for sure. Also nobody is saying that other wrestling families shouldn't go in as well. I think the Von Erichs are the biggest though.