PDA

View Full Version : Order of matches tonight

blake639raw
03-14-2004, 11:15 AM
What do you think would be the best way to arrange the matches? Here's what I figured.

1. RAW Tag Titles Match
2. Women's Title Match
3. Y2J vs. Christian
4. Cruiserweight Open
5. SmackDown tag title match
6. Cena vs. Show
7. Playboy match
8. Rock n Sock vs. Evolution
9. Taker vs. Kane
10. Lesnar vs. Goldberg
11. 3 way World Heavyweight Title Match
12. Eddie vs. Angle

Ricky
03-14-2004, 11:25 AM
The playboy match will probably be somewhere between half way to 2 thirds of the show gone, probably after Taker VS Kane. On PPVs they usually have a womens match after a really big match to give people chance to calm down and lighten up a bit, before they go onto their next big match.

OssMan
03-14-2004, 11:49 AM
The triple threat will be last. Eddie/Angle before that.

Ricky
03-14-2004, 12:07 PM
The triple threat will be last. Eddie/Angle before that.I don't think so. Kurt VS Eddie will mostly probably be a 20-30 mins technical wrestling match, so after that I think they will put on one of the "lesser" matches to let things cool down a bit before the main event. Putting too many of the big matches in a row would probably be a bad idea, especially as this is a 4-5 hour show, as everyone will get worn out long before the main event and so the crowd will be dead.

ColdwaVer
03-14-2004, 12:21 PM
I really have no idea how they'll do it, but this is how I'd book it.

1. SD Tag Team Title
-Neither tag title match has any real buildup, so put one first but be sure to seperate them. The SD tag title has a slightly more active scene right now, so kick off with them to build some instant interest.
2. Y2J vs Christian
-A grudge match with less heat and buildup than the others, so place it early.
3. Cena vs. Big Show - United States Title
-The least singles title being contested, so make sure it's first.
4. Cruiserweight Open
-A great way to keep people's interest flowing, but in essence a clusterfu</>ck with no real buildup, so again, get it out there early.
5. Torrie/Sable vs Stacy/Jackie
-Pi</>ss break.
6. RAW Tag Team Championship
-Get people back into the room/their seats with something that ought to be able to hold a bit of interest but not many people will mind missing the first half of.
7. Rock n Sock vs. Evolution
-Keep those people in the room/their seats.
8. Goldberg vs Lesnar
-A well built up grudge match, but it's importance has taken a hit since neither guy will be around afterwards, so keep it down the card.
9. Kane vs Undertaker
Goldberg vs Lesnar isn't going to last long, nor is it going to take much out of the fans. Austin will spend ten minutes celebrating afterwards, and Taker's entrance will probably be a ten minute tease. So it gives the fans a rest. Give them this match right afterwards.
10. HHH vs HBK vs Benoit - World Title
-Keep it up there, but since people will be pi</>ssed if Benoit doesn't walk out champion, don't have it last.
11. Molly vs Victoria - Women's Title
-Some people just don't care about women's matches, so it's a good way to seperate the two men's title matches and give us time to cool off, as well as keeping it distanced from the pure T&A match while still giving it credibility.
12. Eddie vs. Angle - WWE Title
-A technical showdown and almost sure classic and the only logical way to end the night.

OssMan
03-14-2004, 12:34 PM
I don't think so. Kurt VS Eddie will mostly probably be a 20-30 mins technical wrestling match, so after that I think they will put on one of the "lesser" matches to let things cool down a bit before the main event. Putting too many of the big matches in a row would probably be a bad idea, especially as this is a 4-5 hour show, as everyone will get worn out long before the main event and so the crowd will be dead.

How can Eddie be in a technical wrestling match? Besides, Chris Benoit won the Royal Rumble and the winner of the Royal Rumble goes to the main event at wrestlemania. The main event is the last match.

Corndad
03-14-2004, 12:44 PM
How can Eddie be in a technical wrestling match? Besides, Chris Benoit won the Royal Rumble and the winner of the Royal Rumble goes to the main event at wrestlemania. The main event is the last match.

Had this discussion in other thread the winner of Royal Rumble doesnt always get a shot at WM. examples 12, 13

The Show Off
03-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Here's how it'll go (obviously I'm just guessing)

1. Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi vs. APA vs. The Basham Brothers vs. World Greatest Tag Team
2. Victoria vs. Molly Holly
3. Chris Jericho vs. Christian
4. John Cena vs. Big Show
5. Rob Van Dam & Booker T vs. La Resistance vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Mark Jindrack & Garrison Cade
6. Torrie Wilson & Sable vs. Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie
7. Cruiserweight Open
8. Kane vs. The Undertaker
9. The Rock & Mick Foley vs. Evolution
10. Eddie Gurerro vs. Kurt Angle
11. Brock Lesner vs. Goldberg
12. Triple H vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels

The Icon of Elisim
03-14-2004, 12:50 PM
1. Crusierweight Open
2. Raw Tag Titles
3. Cena vs Show
4. Women's Title Match
5. Y2J vs. Christian
6. Smackdown tag title match
7. Taker vs. Kane
8. Playboy Tag Match
9. Rock n Sock vs Evolution
10. Lesnar vs. Goldberg
11. Angle vs Eddie
12. 3 way World Heavyweight Title Match

AareDub
03-14-2004, 12:52 PM
I think they'll kick things off with Cena on the mic similar to Royal Rumble. Putting one of the tag matches first would be a bad idea because nobody is expecting much from them. I say let the Cena/Show match be first so Cena can come out first and get the crowd pumped.

After that you can throw in one of the 4 way tag matches to settle things down a bit, and so on from there. I just think either of those tag matches first would be a big mistake. If they don't go with Cena/Show first I'd expect to see the cruiserweight open start the show. Last year Hardy/Mysterio kicked off the show, I wouldn't be surprised to see the cruiserweights do it again.

Evil Vito
03-14-2004, 12:54 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I want either Eddie/Angle or the Triple Threat (provided Benoit wins) to be last.

Although, I have a scary feeling that Brock/Goldberg will end up being last considering the fact that it's ALWAYS the last match they show when running down the card, or if they are only showing the big matches, it's always the first one shown.</font>

Pegasus Crawford
03-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Had this discussion in other thread the winner of Royal Rumble doesnt always get a shot at WM. examples 12, 13

Uh... Shawn Michaels won the 1996 RR to go onto the main event of WrestleMania 12. Remember the Iron Man match!

Xero
03-14-2004, 01:07 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Although, I have a scary feeling that Brock/Goldberg will end up being last considering the fact that it's ALWAYS the last match they show when running down the card, or if they are only showing the big matches, it's always the first one shown.</font>
It wont be last... Remember last year, it was Austin/Rock in the next to last match...

As for the listing:

1. Cena/Show
2. Cruiserweight Open
3. Jericho/Christian
4. Raw Tag
5. Women's Championship
6. Lesnar/Goldberg (Get it out Early, the first big match of the night)
7. SmackDown Tag
8. Rock n Sock/Evolution
9. Undertaker/Kane (I dont care if the entrance is longer than the match :p)
10. Angle/Eddie
11. Evening Gown Match (To calm the crowd)
12. Benoit/Michaels/Trips

HHHsucks929
03-14-2004, 01:13 PM
1) Cruiserweight open
2) Smackdown tag titles
3) Women's title
4) RAW Tag titles
5) John Cena vs. Big Show
6) Chris Jericho vs. Christian
7) Playboy tag match
8) Taker vs. Kane
9) Rock n Sock vs. Evolution
10) Eddie vs. Angle
11) Lesnar Goldberg
12) Three-way world title match

Corndad
03-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Uh... Shawn Michaels won the 1996 RR to go onto the main event of WrestleMania 12. Remember the Iron Man match!

Sorry i meant 11 just typed wrong

The Duck
03-14-2004, 02:15 PM
It wont be last... Remember last year, it was Austin/Rock in the next to last match...

As for the listing:

1. Cena/Show
2. Cruiserweight Open
3. Jericho/Christian
4. Raw Tag
5. Women's Championship
6. Lesnar/Goldberg (Get it out Early, the first big match of the night)
7. SmackDown Tag
8. Rock n Sock/Evolution
9. Undertaker/Kane (I dont care if the entrance is longer than the match :p)
10. Angle/Eddie
11. Evening Gown Match (To calm the crowd)
12. Benoit/Michaels/Trips

Agree with that one all the way.

stonecold
03-14-2004, 02:34 PM
1. SmackDown Tag
2. Women's Championship
3. Jericho/Christian
4. Raw Tag
5. Cruiserweight Open
6. Cena/Show
7. Evening Gown Match
8. Rock n Sock/Evolution
9. Lesnar/Goldberg
10. Undertaker/Kane
11. Angle/Eddie
12. Benoit/Michaels/HHH - Royal Rumble winner in the MAIN EVENT OOF WM 20

rockyrocky
03-14-2004, 02:51 PM
The triple threat will be last, don't forget that trips is in this match and there is just no way that he would let a match that does not involve him be the main event of WM 20, now is there.