PDA

View Full Version : TUF: Team Rampage Vs Team Forrest..

Kris P Lettus
04-02-2008, 07:47 PM
TONIGHT!!

As these are two of my favorite fighters and both hella charismatic, I think this will be an awesome season..

:cool:

Blitz
04-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Word didn't know it starts tonight. Awesome.

Kris P Lettus
04-02-2008, 09:53 PM
What??

You just missed an awesome Fight Night Live..

:(

Kris P Lettus
04-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Loving the new 32 man 16 fight system..

Heros Welcome
04-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Loving the new 32 man 16 fight system..

Same here man. I'm already happy as hell with the season reason being, is RAMPAGE. Fuckin hilarious.

Dana: You're going to have to FIGHT you're way in!

*Silence*

Rampage: *dull faced* I think they all crapped der pants....I smelt it...

Also how his coaching is so straight forward.."Get yer head out of his nuts!"

Kris P Lettus
04-03-2008, 01:00 AM
Him and Forrest had some funny moments.. They said on the Fight Night that they get pretty "heated" towards each other during the season..

I can't wait..

Innovator
04-03-2008, 10:49 AM
"don't let him knee you in the ass"

Kris P Lettus
04-04-2008, 01:16 PM
The Ultimate Fighter Season 7
Quinton Jackson, Forrest Griffin
Episode 1

Part 1
<embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4y38z" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="335" width="425">

Part 2
<embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4y338" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="335" width="425">

Part 3
<embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4y34q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="335" width="425">

Prolly won't be up for long so watch it while you can..

Rob
04-06-2008, 04:46 PM
I didn't like the 32 man part. Far too many people to try and notice. But two notes on the shows.

I like that dude Riggs. Hope he makes the show next week.

Quinton is gonna fuck up that cocky piece of shit that jibbed him after his boy lost.

YOUR Hero
04-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Rob, it's not like you have to get to know all 32 fighters. They dump 16 straight off. I wonder if there will still be those that whine and want to leave. Dana said this fighting your way on will prevent that, but I don't see how as the stress builds up and "shit happens" in the lives of these guys. Regardless, I dig the whole concept of fighting your way on.

HeartBreakMan2k
04-06-2008, 08:19 PM
I love the idea though I kinda do think it's a little fucked up. You have these guys some who quit their jobs, left everything basically to get their face on TV as a legit MMA star and yet some of them don't even last two episodes.

Destor
04-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Only one can say that TUF was succeful for them when it's all said and done. The shows premise is pretty brutal.

HeartBreakMan2k
04-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Well yeah, officially only one gets the contract. But a lot of them get better paying gigs on smaller promotions than the bars they usually fight out of. And even more of them end up doing some WEC and UFC work regardless of the loss.

Kris P Lettus
04-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Only one can say that TUF was succeful for them when it's all said and done. The shows premise is pretty brutal.

No..

There are numerous guys on the UFC roster who came from TUF, who didn't win..

Destor
04-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Not the same though. Everyone but one guys gest to have a good cry afterwards.

Kris P Lettus
04-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Rashad
Jardine
Bisping
Stevenson
Leban
Hamil
Bonnar
Swick
Grove
Cote
Nate Diaz
Danzig
Koscheck
Sanchez
Ken Flo
Lauzon
Maynard
Ray

The list goes on and on of "named" fighters who appeared on that show..

Destor
04-08-2008, 02:23 PM
You're really not understanding what I'm saying here/

Kris P Lettus
04-08-2008, 06:30 PM
You said:

Not the same though. Everyone but one guys gest to have a good cry afterwards.

As in, it's a "brutal show" that only pays out to few, which is not the case, if you look at the current UFC roster..

McLegend
04-08-2008, 06:39 PM
I really think Rampage is gonna be a terrible coach. On the flip side I say he beats Forrest pretty bad in their match.

Reavant
04-09-2008, 12:13 AM
You said:

As in, it's a "brutal show" that only pays out to few, which is not the case, if you look at the current UFC roster..

he just means only one guy leaves truly happy that he won the entire competition

Kris P Lettus
04-09-2008, 03:31 AM
That's still not true..

I mean, even the exposure and minor contracts have to be better than washing dishes or working at McDonald's or whatever most of those guys were doing before they came on the show..

Kris P Lettus
04-10-2008, 09:54 AM
There are some really good fighters this season..

Reavant
04-10-2008, 11:28 AM
That's still not true..

I mean, even the exposure and minor contracts have to be better than washing dishes or working at McDonald's or whatever most of those guys were doing before they came on the show..

ok seriously stop overthinking this shit..... the winner geta a gauranteed contract and wins the show. Noone else is sure to get that.... thtas what everyone is trying to fucking tell you.

Reavant
04-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Rashad
Jardine
Bisping
Stevenson
Leban
Hamil
Bonnar
Swick
Grove
Cote
Nate Diaz
Danzig
Koscheck
Sanchez
Ken Flo
Lauzon
Maynard
Ray

The list goes on and on of "named" fighters who appeared on that show..

seven of those guys won the show

Kris P Lettus
04-10-2008, 11:35 AM
The point is that more than one fighter ends up making a name for themselves off each season..

BTW,you and Destor don't really equal "everyone"..

Kris P Lettus
04-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Here is the thing, I understand that only one fighter gets the guaranteed contract, but he made it out like it wasn't worth it to the fighters who don't win because of the little payout for the brutality they endure..

I'm saying that alot of the better fighters, win or lose on the show, end up fighting in the UFC anyway, so for a bartender or Target employee, fighting in the UFC is quite a career jump..

:-\

Heros Welcome
04-10-2008, 11:53 AM
How bout that KNOCKOUT last night! Holy shit that was brutal.

Kris P Lettus
04-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I thought that dude's jaw was broken..

The noises he made reminded me of the felony fights video that's been floating around online..

Sad part was, that was a really good fight until the first contact of the second round.. The guy who got KO'ed trains with Matt Serra..

Heros Welcome
04-10-2008, 12:09 PM
For those who may have missed it...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-05KeXa_cI8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-05KeXa_cI8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Reavant
04-10-2008, 02:21 PM
dumbass dropped his hands

Kris P Lettus
04-10-2008, 02:22 PM
He was going for a sweep or leg kick and got countered by a right hook..

Innovator
04-10-2008, 02:29 PM
No upkicks! What is this Pride?!

Kris P Lettus
04-10-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't think they've ever been legal in Nevada..

Kris P Lettus
04-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Oh, yeah, the Mississippi boy was tough as f'n nails..

I wish he made it..

Reavant
04-10-2008, 07:46 PM
He was going for a sweep or leg kick and got countered by a right hook..

he went for a leg kick... ur supposed to keep ur rear hand up when u throw a kick

Kris P Lettus
04-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Reav how much MMA conditioning do you do outside of the gym??

Like, I was reading through this book about MMA training and I saw alot of heavy sandbag training along with some sledgehammer workouts.. I've seen footage of this type of training and wondered how much it's actually used.. The over hand motion of the sledge helps with grip and punching power from hip, etc.. The sandbag helps with grip, getting up off your back, picking up opponents, etc..

Reavant
04-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Well Ive done all that stuff forever from when i was just wrestling. Thats where all that stuff came from was insane wrestling coaches' conditioning workouts. SinceIm in school and my place is an hour away, I do that stuff once a week on saturdays, but I lift 3 days a week and do some type of conditioning the other 2-3 usually in the mornings before class and ill have a wrestling practice with a kid in HS that doesnt have a partner his size or mma class at night twice a week during the school week cuz thats all i can drive out for right now with gas and school, but in the summer it will be every day cuz i live by it.

Kris P Lettus
04-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Cool..

I think I'm gonna start doing some of these type workouts on my own..

Reavant
04-13-2008, 08:00 PM
have fun... personally if i didnt have to/forced to I would never do them

Kris P Lettus
04-13-2008, 09:08 PM
I know it's gonna be hard but if it works well for fighters, I'm down..

Hey, where would I find a big sandbag like that?? I used sand (and shot) bags for work all the time, but they only get up to 35lbs.. Do I just find a sturdy bag and make it myself??

What weight do you think I should start at?? 50lbs?? 75lbs??

Also, do you hit wood with the sledge or a tire?? I've seen Fedor hitting a tire but alos seen guys hitting logs and whatnot..

Reavant
04-14-2008, 12:29 AM
umm I think any sports store or a place that specializes in selling fitness equipment should have sandbags of various size made specifically for that type of workout. If you can find an mma store or something like that, they may have it too. Those things really dont have to be very heavy to be a bitch. 75 might be way too heavy. Im not sure if the heaviest ones we have are even up to 50 but its not so much the weight of the bag as it is the duration and type of workout that your doing.

The reason you see people hitting tires with sledge hammers more than hitting wood or other solid objects is the shock in the arms when you strike the object. The tire absorbs the impact but you still get the great work out from the swinging and striking. When you hit wood, you absorb the impact and if you do that a lot you might wear on yourself and maybe cause a naggiong injury or get some refered pain somewhere else in your body. Thats only if you only do that tho. Also tires dont splinter and make a mess when you hit them.

Vastardikai
04-17-2008, 02:07 AM
Line of the week:

Rampage talked to a Dermitologist named Dan Micheals about a fighters skin condition...

Rampage: Are you related to Shawn Micheals?

weather vane
04-17-2008, 02:20 AM
lol

Boondock Saint
04-18-2008, 05:20 AM
So what exactly did the guy have?

Reavant
04-18-2008, 12:32 PM
herpes

Reavant
04-18-2008, 12:33 PM
i get the same exact shit he gets too

Kris P Lettus
04-18-2008, 06:50 PM
I felt bad for that guy..

LOL at the HBK quote

Forrest had some good line too..

Kris P Lettus
04-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Episode 3

<object width="432" height="351"><param name="movie" value="http://www.megavideo.com/v/UYB2QXFA2bf0ca5a119059c0ed312dc36ee859fc.6100342562.0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.megavideo.com/v/UYB2QXFA2bf0ca5a119059c0ed312dc36ee859fc.6100342562.0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="600" height="500"></embed></object>

Confused
04-26-2008, 06:27 AM
Rampage makes Forrest look about as charismatic as Matt Hughes!

Great show so far. Rampage is pure fucking entertainment.

Kris P Lettus
04-27-2008, 03:24 PM
I like Chipper but knew that Tim's JJ was too good for him.. Rampage was pissed that Chipper didn't let him back up after having him rocked..

Rob
05-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Jeremy needs to be fucking KILLED in this show. Just straight up HUMBLED.

The Naitch
05-03-2008, 11:50 PM
so what started this whole Matt Brown/Jeremy (I think his name is Jeremy) fiasco?

Vastardikai
05-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Jeremy needs to be fucking KILLED in this show. Just straight up HUMBLED.

Ultimate Fight Night: Jeremy May vs. Iron Shiek!

Rob
05-04-2008, 06:03 PM
so what started this whole Matt Brown/Jeremy (I think his name is Jeremy) fiasco?

Jeremy is just hated by everyone because he is a dick. He thought he was funny putting lime juice in Matt's tobacco and his own team mates apparently told Matt before he tried it. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. And I for one give credit to Matt for demanding this fight because in the history of this show, not one time has their been a feud and then the guy talking shit got the bollocks to demand the next fight. Matt Brown has done and it's on.

Innovator
05-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Jeremy needs to get his shit pushed in

Vastardikai
05-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Just go with my idea, and tell him he's fighting B. Brian Blair.

Innovator
05-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Thank you Matt Brown, for a pretty sick KO

Kris P Lettus
05-08-2008, 12:31 AM
I didn't see how it all started cause I haven't seen last weeks ep yet, but Matt Brown was pretty impressive..

I'm liking him and Tim Credeaux or whatever outta the preliminary fights..

Rob
05-08-2008, 01:16 PM
I've never been so happy to see a man kicked in the head. That second fight was nuts too. Shit but great in a "these guys aren't too good" kinda way.

I wanna see Gerald fight soon.

Oh and Rampage is a comic genius.

Kris P Lettus
05-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Rewatching the season (Spike is doing a mini marathon ATM) I really hate Jeremy May and Mike Dolce and I'm glad both got beat..

Kris P Lettus
05-10-2008, 08:00 PM
"Unfortunately, the coaches didn't know me well enough to prepare me to 100% for this fight.."-Mike Dolce

Seriously, what a piece of shit.. You were there for like 3 days and got dominated by a bigger stronger fighter.. The coaching had nothing to do with it..

God, I hate that guy..

Confused
05-11-2008, 06:39 AM
Yer, some real arrogant pricks on the show this year. Jeremy May getting knocked out in such brutal fashion was particularly heartwarming. Couldn't have happened to a nicer fella.

"I'm tipping Matt Brown by......murder" hahahaha. Some quality interviews this season.

Kris P Lettus
05-11-2008, 01:21 PM
I really like some of the guys..

Tim Credeur (sp), Matthew "Chipper" Liddle, etc..

That Brandon Sene guy should've won the DOnte fight.. Nothing against Donte, just that Brandon seemed to work harder and inflicted more damage the whole time..

Out of all the guys that lost so far, I bet will see Chipper and Brandon fighting in the UFC one day..

Rob
05-18-2008, 11:46 AM
I don't think so unless they do a hell of a lot outside the show. You are gonna start seeing less and less TUF guys on UFC cards after the series finale specials.

Kris P Lettus
05-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Why??

The list of guys who've made a name for themselves on TUF but didn't win is huge..

Kris P Lettus
05-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Oh and kinda on topic, I was watching this old King of The Cage DVD I have.. Anyway Rampage was on there all young (it was before he went to Pride, I guessing) and he won.. After the fight they interviewed him and he kept mentioning Dave Roberts.. Like dedicating the fight to him and whatnot.. Dave Roberts was his boy from high school in Memphis that lost in the preliminaries on this season of TUF.. Thought that was weird..

Rob
05-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Why??

The list of guys who've made a name for themselves on TUF but didn't win is huge..

Cut backs. Too many guys under contract and the long the show goes in this format, the worse the guys are getting.

McLegend
05-20-2008, 11:41 PM
Yeah why have the talent of the fighters actually gone down as the show as gone on throughout the years?

Rob
05-21-2008, 03:24 AM
Running out of talent and there are more companies to fight for now. The first few series, good fighters used the show to catch a break. Michael Bisping for example probably would have really struggled to get a gig in the UFC without the show.

Reavant
05-21-2008, 11:26 AM
theyre really draining the talent pool very quckly with show after show after show. Seriously when one season ends, the other is already half way done. Plus now a lot of the really good fighters can catch a break a lot easier in the US because the local circuits have blown up. Also the good fighters arent wasting their time as much with the Ultimate fighter because if they are that good, the UFC sees them and puts them on a card right away. Which is exactly what they have been doing with any new heavyweight you have seen in the UFC. That weight class is struggling so much that they cant even put together a full show with respectable fighters at the weight.

Rob
05-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Good QF matches. Dante is going to Rampage's team by the look of things too.

Savio
05-25-2008, 02:24 PM
theyre really draining the talent pool very quckly with show after show after show. Seriously when one season ends, the other is already half way done. Plus now a lot of the really good fighters can catch a break a lot easier in the US because the local circuits have blown up. Also the good fighters arent wasting their time as much with the Ultimate fighter because if they are that good, the UFC sees them and puts them on a card right away. Which is exactly what they have been doing with any new heavyweight you have seen in the UFC. That weight class is struggling so much that they cant even put together a full show with respectable fighters at the weight.they should do what they did with TUF4 and have it be made of already established fighters

Rob
05-26-2008, 05:27 PM
That show failed though. No personalities outside Shonie Carter and Matt Serra.

Kris P Lettus
06-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Jesse is a complete meathead but you gotta love the guy..

Dana made the semi finals Jesse/Tim and Amir/CB cause I think he wants Jesse/CB in the finals.. Amir is tough but CB will G&P into a win.. Tim is the man and has rock solid BJJ but Jesse is a beast..

I dunno..

Rob
06-13-2008, 03:09 AM
WHO WAS IN THE HUMMER? Sorry limo!

Danny Electric
06-14-2008, 08:03 PM
yeah. i was wondering that too.

Confused
06-15-2008, 06:10 AM
Looks to be a great final episode!

I'm tipping that tenacious wee fucker Amir to sneak past CB.

weather vane
06-16-2008, 09:26 PM
I hope that wasn't Jesse in the limo. They said "He's out of the finals" so it makes me think it was him.