PDA

View Full Version : Can Mike Knox make it WWE?

BigDaddyCool
04-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Further more who in WWE saw him and said, hey this guy is going places? Sure he is 6'6" 260 lbs, but it is a chubby undefined 260. Everything about the guy in unimpressive. He is is big, but not that big. He is nastly looking, but nothing compared to Snitsky or Kane. He has awful facial hair, that is a plus i guess.

Heros Welcome
04-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Knox is trash...I'm surprised they brought him back up... His biggest moment in the E is going to be this....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OOFWNBIliBA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OOFWNBIliBA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Porcupine
04-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Probably not, but the truth is you never know.

I mean, when Batista first came in with that Deacon gimmick, I thought he was awful and thought he was another hoss that will go nowhere ala Tomko.

BigDaddyCool
04-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Knox is trash...I'm surprised they brought him back up... His biggest moment in the E is going to be this....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OOFWNBIliBA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OOFWNBIliBA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Does Shawn ask, "Who was that guy?"

I mean, when Batista first came in with that Deacon gimmick, I thought he was awful and thought he was another hoss that will go nowhere ala Tomko.

Um, fuck you. Tomko is balls awesome. And Bats has a really good roided out body. Both of them are miles ahead of Knox.

Skippord
04-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Shawn Michaels is hilarious in that match

Mooияakeя™
04-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Personally, I think he's about as impressive as a toddler having a shit in a bath. Which in the grand scheme of things, is done week in week out and is no special feat at all.

Fox
04-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Mike who?

Testicle
04-03-2008, 06:39 PM
They like him because he was trained at the same place and time as Cena at APW wrestling camp.

No, he cant wrestle, he has no personality, he doesn't have a body. He is going nowhere fast.

RottingFreak
04-03-2008, 06:41 PM
"He doesn't have a body"

You guys are so gay I swear. hehe

Tommy Gunn
04-03-2008, 06:41 PM
With a good personality/character anyone can probably make it. His potential is limited by how much WWE give him to do, which is pretty much nothing. He played an asshole boyfriend in 2006 and since then has made sporadic appearances.

It's one thing letting guys go out there and see if they get over on their own, but when you script everything they do, they have no chance if you script them to be a useless jobber.

My personal opinion of Knox is he's shit, and is a waste of roster space.

Afterlife
04-03-2008, 06:42 PM
I wish I could say something nice, but he's really very generic. ANd wasting Stevie in a feud with him is going to make him very X-Pac in the eyes of the current fans.

Afterlife
04-03-2008, 06:44 PM
"He doesn't have a body"

You guys are so gay I swear. hehe

Well, he's no Cody Rhodes. :drool:

thedamndest
04-03-2008, 06:49 PM
He should consider a name change to Mike Rotch.

Afterlife
04-03-2008, 06:52 PM
His finisher could be a modified torture rack.

JR: Bahgawd, he's got him in a Mike Rack!

Good Ol JG
04-03-2008, 07:04 PM
yeah knox sucks. i can't find one redeemable thing to say about him, other than i love his matches end.

Afterlife
04-03-2008, 07:06 PM
I don't, because his matches end with his pointless victory over a guy the crowd wants to love.

Good Ol JG
04-03-2008, 08:11 PM
thats a good point. well now i have nothing reedemable to say.

Afterlife
04-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Damn straight. :y:

Jura
04-03-2008, 08:28 PM
No one mentions his very non-threatening voice?

Afterlife
04-03-2008, 08:34 PM
LMAO

Hanso Amore
04-03-2008, 08:54 PM
LOL, That SS clip is fucking hilarious!

DarKCentaur
04-03-2008, 11:08 PM
The best part about that clip is the CM Punk chant that breaks out at the end

Heros Welcome
04-03-2008, 11:24 PM
The best part about that clip is the dubbed in CM Punk chant that breaks out at the end

Rollermacka
04-04-2008, 12:33 AM
It's one thing letting guys go out there and see if they get over on their own, but when you script everything they do, they have no chance if you script them to be a useless jobber.

Do I smell the next Brokyln Brawler :shifty:

Naw, he aint that good maybe with some work he could be the next Rick Fuller :naughty:

Afterlife
04-04-2008, 01:33 AM
With any luck, he'll be the next Matt Morgan.

Hanso Amore
04-04-2008, 06:13 AM
With any luck, he'll be the next Matt Morgan.

Wh-Wha-wh-What?

Mr. Nerfect
04-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Mike Knox actually isn't that bad. He is nothing outstanding, but neither was Tomko or Batista when they showed up, as people have said. The guy has apparently done solid work in FCW, and it wouldn't surprise me if his WWE stuff is not any good indicator of the guy's talent.

He needs some sort of catch, though. I am still in support of the Mortal Kombat character make-over for Knox. His music, his image, it just seems to fit him trying to take over the ECW realm. I'm sorry.

Afterlife
04-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Apology accepted. :p

Porcupine
04-04-2008, 10:00 AM
He needs some sort of catch, though. I am still in support of the Mortal Kombat character make-over for Knox. His music, his image, it just seems to fit him trying to take over the ECW realm. I'm sorry.

No need to apologize, this idea wins.

BigDaddyCool
04-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Of course noid likes him.

Gertner
04-04-2008, 12:15 PM
he's not bad. love his finisher. looks pretty devastating

#1-norm-fan
04-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Does Shawn ask, "Who was that guy?"

Yeah... my favorite part though is after that he asks if he was even supposed to pin him and Triple H is like "Huh.... oh yeah, he was part of the match.... yeah, it's fine." :lol:

Rollermacka
04-04-2008, 01:57 PM
he's not bad. love his finisher. looks pretty devastating

I seem to be drawing a blank what is his finisher again? Dose he do the "Testdrive" that rolling reverse neckbreaker Test use to do?

BigDaddyCool
04-04-2008, 02:13 PM
yes Rollermacka

Gertner
04-04-2008, 03:09 PM
I seem to be drawing a blank what is his finisher again? Dose he do the "Testdrive" that rolling reverse neckbreaker Test use to do?

it's more of a corkscrew downward spiril

Xerzes
04-05-2008, 03:08 AM
He's a shit.

Mr. Nerfect
04-05-2008, 03:23 AM
Of course noid likes him.

Oh yeah, because I'm the guy who generally likes bigger guys that seem to bring very little to the ring...like Kevin Nash.

Honestly, I didn't say I like the guy, I just don't think he's as bad as people are making out. He seems solid in the ring, and he hasn't really been asked to strut his stuff besides his solid match against CM Punk.

I think the guy is passable, but not someone I would show off as the next big thing, or anything.

Afterlife
04-05-2008, 04:35 AM
Oh yeah, because I'm the guy who generally likes bigger guys that seem to bring very little to the ring...like Kevin Nash.

Honestly, I didn't say I like the guy, I just don't think he's as bad as people are making out. He seems solid in the ring, and he hasn't really been asked to strut his stuff besides his solid match against CM Punk.

I think the guy is passable, but not someone I would show off as the next big thing, or anything.

I mean, he's not Mike Venis, after all.

The Optimist
04-05-2008, 05:24 AM

Tomko >>>>>>>> Mike Knox or Gene Snitsky

BigDaddyCool
04-05-2008, 08:29 PM

No, because you like bland boring guys like Knox, Venis, Basham, and so on?

Mr. Nerfect
04-05-2008, 10:10 PM
No, because you like bland boring guys like Knox, Venis, Basham, and so on?

No, I like guys who can work well in the ring, like Venis, Basham and so on.

Destor
04-05-2008, 10:20 PM

<OBJECT height=355 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OOFWNBIliBA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT>ust because: they started chanting CM Punk for no apparent reason after the super kick. w00t.</P>

Y2Ant
04-05-2008, 10:48 PM

http://www.btinternet.com/~livinglegend7/images/deacon.jpg

Mister Sinister
04-06-2008, 04:18 AM
You know, I have to agree, I haven't really like Knox since he came up in 2006, Paul Haymen was huge on the guy for some reason, but never really saw why.

I remember him in his debut match, getting a You Can't Wrestle chant from the ECW crowd.

God I love it, when they actually went to places ECW used to visit, the chants the fans gave.

During Test debut in ECW - Steriods
During The Main Event between RVD and Big Show: Them chanting Marjiuanna.

BigDaddyCool
04-06-2008, 11:08 AM
No, I like guys who can work well in the ring, like Venis, Basham and so on.

Basham works so well in the ring he can't even hold a job in TNA.

Afterlife
04-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Like being a good worker is the core facet of remaining in an overtly political company.

BigDaddyCool
04-07-2008, 04:55 PM
We now know the correct answer is no.

Rob
04-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Picked a great weekend to debate Mike Knox eh? Maybe someone knows something we didn't. You didn't buy a house from Knox in Atlanta did you Josh?

BigDaddyCool
04-07-2008, 09:49 PM
No, I hate the south.

Destor
04-07-2008, 10:53 PM
:foc:

Afterlife
04-07-2008, 11:07 PM
The South isn't that bad. Just all the people in it.

Mr. Nerfect
04-08-2008, 02:34 AM
Basham works so well in the ring he can't even hold a job in TNA.

Basham works so well in the ring that he was selected by the WWE to be the guy they used for the motion-capture work in a lot of their video games. He also had a large part in training guys that passed through OVW. The reason he didn't "hold a job" in TNA, was because Damaja got pissed off with how they were being treated, and no-showed. I assume Doug was either just as angry, and left, or TNA didn't have anything planned for Doug as a singles guy.

Chris Benoit's word on the in-ring abilities of the guy are enough for me.

Mr. Nerfect
04-08-2008, 02:35 AM
ust because: they started chanting CM Punk for no apparent reason after the super kick. w00t.</P>

Don't you understand, Destor? Those random chants were piped in by the WWE.

Mr. Nerfect
04-08-2008, 02:35 AM
Also, with this controversy surrounding Knox, I'd probably include him in my list of spring cleaning if I were the WWE.

Afterlife
04-08-2008, 06:42 AM
If Robbie gets the boot for sitting in an audience, I'd think it less than fair if Mike "My name on the label doesn't mean they're mine" Knox didn't get similar treatment.

BigDaddyCool
04-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Basham works so well in the ring that he was selected by the WWE to be the guy they used for the motion-capture work in a lot of their video games. He also had a large part in training guys that passed through OVW. The reason he didn't "hold a job" in TNA, was because Damaja got pissed off with how they were being treated, and no-showed. I assume Doug was either just as angry, and left, or TNA didn't have anything planned for Doug as a singles guy.

Chris Benoit's word on the in-ring abilities of the guy are enough for me.

*insert obivous Chris Benoit murder joke*

The Hardy's were used for motion capture on some of the early video games. "Techincally good" wrestlers are a dime a dozen. Anyhow Lance Storm > Doug Basham.