PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho makes history at WrestleMania XXV!!

James Steele
04-06-2008, 03:32 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/WrestleManiaXXV.jpg
MONEY IN THE BANK
Chris Jericho defeats Carlito, Shelton Benjamin, Finlay, Elijah Burke, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, and John Morrison

Batista defeats Kane

Jeff Hardy defeats Rey Mysterio and Shawn Michaels

Mr. Kennedy defeats Triple H

Undertaker defeats MVP

ECW CHAMPIONSHIP
Rob Van Dam defeats Matt Hardy (c)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
CM Punk defeats Edge (c)

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
John Cena (c) defeats Randy Orton

After the match, Chris Jericho cashes in his MITB contract.

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Chris Jericho defeats John Cena (c)

Jeritron
04-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Pretty hard to tell. Orton vs Cena would be old

I'd go with Title vs Title for the big money match between Cena and Batista they've yet to cash in on.

For a second main event I'd go with Taker vs HBM

HHH vs Edge

Too early to say who'd win the MITB case but if MVP hasn't been bumped up into the main event by this time next year, (which he prob shouldn't because it's better to give him a steady climb) I'd go with him winning. But there could be darkhorses.

If the Austin rumors are true I don't know who I'd have him face

Jeritron
04-06-2008, 03:49 PM
The only match I'm banking on is HBM vs Taker, which I think will be a massive mistake if they don't go with

Destor
04-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Taker vs HBM for sure.

Lock Jaw
04-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Have Jericho beat all three champs in one night. And carry them ALL around with him.

James Steele
04-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Who the fuck is HBM?

Destor
04-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Heart Break Man

Lock Jaw
04-06-2008, 04:07 PM
HickenBottoM

James Steele
04-06-2008, 04:10 PM
When the fuck did TPWW start calling him that?

TerranRich
04-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Honky Bonk Man

Jeritron
04-06-2008, 04:13 PM
When the fuck did TPWW start calling him that?

When me and Destor said so

Jeritron
04-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Taker and HBM haven't had a match since Jan 98

St. Jimmy
04-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Heart Break Mang.

Xero
04-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Jericho will have been buried by Triple H at least twice by then.

Destor
04-06-2008, 04:45 PM
When me and Destor said so
I'm pretty sure there was a memo

Heros Welcome
04-06-2008, 04:54 PM
The only match I'm banking on is HBM vs Taker, which I think will be a massive mistake if they don't go with

NeanderCarl
04-06-2008, 05:31 PM
I can see WM25 looking something like this on top....

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker
Mr WrestleMania vs Mr Unbeaten at WrestleMania. Two Texan wrestling legends in their home state. Two wrestlers synonymous with both WWE and WrestleMania. Two men whose paths have barely crossed in over a decade. If this match takes place, they will steal the show. I'd prefer to have no titles involved in this. The factors I already mentioned are storyline enough.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Hulk Hogan
As much as he dislikes him, I think Austin could be talked into facing Hogan on the proviso that he goes over (and plenty of moolah on the plate too). The two most over and marketable wrestlers of all time. Two leaders of their own eras of wrestling collide. The two most well known names in wrestling battling for the first time ever one on one. Austin making his triumphant and unexpected return to the ring for the first time in 6 years and in his home state.

Couple that with a pair of top title matches involving (by rights) the champions vs the hottest challengers available in the company, a match with the now inevitable big name celebrity involvement and the reliable stuntfest that is Money In The Bank, and you would already have a card that, a year in advance, would be a draw for any wrestling fan, avid or casual.

NeanderCarl
04-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Anyone think The Rock vs Vince McMahon would be a draw?

If they could convince Rock to make a one night showing... best put him with a guy who wouldn't be damaged in losing to the Rock, and the natural storyline is Vince ticked off that Rocky left the WWE and became successful elsewhere... I'd buy into it.

Unlikely to happen, but this thread is by its very nature receptive to 'What If...' scenarios.

Kane Knight
04-06-2008, 05:35 PM
You had me until Austin/Hogan, Carl.

NeanderCarl
04-06-2008, 05:38 PM
The match would suck from a technical standpoint, but you know that WWE can tell a story like no other, the build up and spectacle of it would be enough. It would draw too.

Many people consider it the only 'Dream Match' left in the business.

Kane Knight
04-06-2008, 05:55 PM
The match would suck from a technical standpoint, but you know that WWE can tell a story like no other, the build up and spectacle of it would be enough. It would draw too.

Many people consider it the only 'Dream Match' left in the business.

Sure, it would draw, but I think there are other combinations that would probably draw more and serve as a better final match for Austin. Hell, Austin/Rock may have been done, but it would doubtless draw more.

Mooияakeя™
04-06-2008, 06:08 PM
HHH will be champ either going in, or after WMXXV. Easily. Unless they're giving HBK a run in his hometown.

Destor
04-06-2008, 06:15 PM
HHH will be champ either going in, or after WMXXV. Easily. Unless they're giving HBM a run in his hometown.fixed it for you

addy2hotty
04-06-2008, 06:47 PM
HBK will definitely be champ at Mania 25. HBK vs Heel Champ Y2J would be nice. HBK to win, but only after HBK has to hit him with 4 SCMs. HBK celebrates. HHH who has just won the ECW and WHTs comes to the ring and they all - HBK, HHH and Y2J celebrate with champagne.

HBK doesn't drink any, he has a J2O.

Mr. Nerfect
04-06-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm almost expecting The Undertaker and Randy Orton to swap shows in the upcoming draft. Every three years, the WWE seems to swap around focus of the World Titles, and we've been seeing the World Heavyweight Title close more and more PPVs recently, including WrestleMania.

That being said, I also think the WWE are going to give The Undertaker an epic (and boring) reign with the World Heavyweight Title, and we could see him go into WrestleMania XXV still in the same reign as he left WrestleMania XXIV with. Shawn Michaels is my pick to then win the Elimination Chamber, and challenge The Undertaker for the big gold belt. I'd rather they didn't have the title involved, but I think they will.

As for the WWE Championship match, I see CM Punk defeating Randy Orton at Summerslam to get his first run with the belt, and then losing it to one of SmackDown!'s top heels. The only one I can really see happening is Edge. Punk then wins the Royal Rumble, and challenges Edge at WrestleMania for the title he stole.

I guess, if the World Heavyweight Title does move to RAW, heel Batista could win it from The Undertaker, and John Cena could challenge. Just because I don't see the WWE not having Cena in a big WrestleMania match. I think Cena and Batista could end up opponents, either way.

Stone Cold Steve Austin is rumoured to be wrestling one last match, and while it would be perfect if it were against CM Punk, they obviously have plans to push Punk as a face. Mr. Kennedy seems like a good choice for Austin's last opponent, then, as Kennedy is apparently a protoge of Austin's.

With this possibily being Sting's last year in TNA, I can see the WWE offering him a ton of money to show up in the WWE, and work a few matches, and get inducted into the Hall of Fame. Sting performing at WrestleMania next year would not surprise me.

Destor
04-06-2008, 07:08 PM
HBM will definitely be champ at Mania 25. HBK vs Heel Champ Y2J would be nice. HBM to win, but only after HBK has to hit him with 4 SCMs. HBK celebrates. HHH who has just won the ECW and WHTs comes to the ring and they all - HBM, HHH and Y2J celebrate with champagne.

HBM doesn't drink any, he has a J2O.

NeanderCarl
04-06-2008, 07:10 PM
To be honest, I see next years Mania revolving around Austin, with Stone Cold being the star inductee at the Hall of Fame too.

There are better people to put Austin against, but none who would draw as much overall interest as Hogan. Maybe the Rock, but those two have been done to death, especially in the WrestleMania environment. Plus, Rock is much less likely to want to be involved in WM25 than Hogan.

NeanderCarl
04-06-2008, 07:10 PM
The HBM thing doesn't work for me, by the way. Sorry, guys, not buying into it.

NeanderCarl
04-06-2008, 07:11 PM
'Heart Break Kid' is gay enough, 'Heart Break Man' just pushes it over the edge.

Destor
04-06-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm not asking you to buy it. I'm giving it to you, and your taking it. We're not debating this.`

NeanderCarl
04-06-2008, 07:12 PM
I respectfully decline your generous offer.

Destor
04-06-2008, 07:21 PM
This isn't up to you. I'm sorry. I wish this could be a democracy, I really do, but it isn't. Someone has to the leader, someone has to make the hard choices. And it's not you.

Destor
I'm sorry, HBM stands.

Afterlife
The HBM thing doesn't work for me, by the way. Sorry, guys, not buying into it.

You have a message from Dr. Phil. He says, "It's not about yooou."

Kane Knight
04-06-2008, 07:35 PM
HEK?

NeanderCarl
04-06-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm exempt. Because I said so.

Destor
04-06-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm sorry I just can't let this one slide. GOnna have to man up and deal.

Hanso Amore
04-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Rock VS Austin one night only would draw huge numbers. If WM set a record this year, imagine that, the return of the biggest 2 of the last 15 years. 2 million buys easy. WIll never happen.

They could do HBK/Austin to give him a good match.

for Dream booking, imagine Bret not had all the brain damage, and could do a one night only vs HBK.....Drool.

NeanderCarl
04-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Don't get me wrong, Rock/Austin will be a draw to wrestling fans and casuals, but it's not new. Austin/Hogan has never been done ever... Rock/Austin has been done three times already at WrestleMania alone!

But neither of those matches is of enough interest to non-wrestling fans or the mainstream media (which provides/adds a lot to the publicity and hype for a Mania show) to generate 2 million buys, as you claim. Not in my opinion, anyway.

NeanderCarl
04-06-2008, 08:41 PM
I bet Bret could work a tag match. Easily.

He won't, because of his insurance payouts. But he easily could. He could work a tag match, in full ring gear, and never have to take a bump during the entire match. If he REALLY wanted to, he could.

NeanderCarl
04-06-2008, 08:48 PM
If Rock v Austin was capable of 2 million buys, it would have happened during their prime, when the WWF was on fire. If they ever were to reach those heights, WrestleMania x-Seven (the build up and card for which was tremendous) would have achieved it.

slextremely
04-06-2008, 09:12 PM
HBK Taker would be amazing, total mark out moment. Could easily be a five star match because taker is wrestling better now than he ever has imo, and shawn always puts on a great match when the stakes are high. I wen't back and watched their hell in a cell and rumble match a few days ago, there is just something about it, these two fit eachother perfectly. The only thing i wouldn't like is that you know Taker would go over, and it seems like whenever hbk and another big name guy matchup on a big stage Shawn usually jobs, of course flair is an exception. Still this is probably the match i wan't to see more than anything else honestly.

Jeritron
04-06-2008, 09:15 PM
I'd be fine with Taker going over. It's HBK so you never know as a casual fan, and to fans who know Taker will win it doesn't matter because you get the match itself. HBK would have no reason to go over anyways. To me it'd be all about the match and not the winner

El Fangel
04-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Jericho will have been buried by Triple H at least twice that night.

Fixed.

slextremely
04-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I'd be fine with Taker going over. It's HBK so you never know as a casual fan, and to fans who know Taker will win it doesn't matter because you get the match itself. HBK would have no reason to go over anyways. To me it'd be all about the match and not the winner

yeah i agree, i'm just a huge shawn mark, and for some reason i'm tired of the streak. But yes this match would be out of this world and i really hope wwe goes for it.

NeanderCarl
04-06-2008, 09:45 PM
While it makes sense to match HBK vs Taker, the Mania streak is starting to become more of a hindrance than a draw as far as Taker's involvement at WrestleMania goes. You can telegraph the outcome without fail.

To continue interest in Taker at WrestleMania, they need to make people believe this could be the year Taker loses for the first time. The title matches worked for a couple of years, but there needs to be more at stake. To the point where people don't just think "there's no way Undertaker's losing" but the same can be said about his opponent too.

It may be too similar considering Ric Flair just retired, in a match involving Michaels no less, but if it was Career vs Streak, that would make things very interesting. Would work better with a younger top line guy like Trips or Cena though. The idea of Michaels retiring is a lot more believable than the other two.

Taker's next WrestleMania opponent must also be in a "must win" situation, where a loss is inconcievable. In fact, I'd go one better and say that the odds should be that Taker is seemingly definitely going to lose (because there is no way, say, Cena will be retiring), and hope that seeing the Streak end is a draw in itself, then maybe have him hold onto it in a dramatic bout (and have Cena- or whoever- come back in 6 months time like most wrestling retirements.)

slextremely
04-06-2008, 10:17 PM
yeah something has to be done to spice up Taker at mania because even the casual fans i talk to they all say "you know taker is gonna win". i like the ritirement angle carl, but you gotta find the right guy for it and i dunno who that would be. I think it would have to be someone established and even then whomever that may be would have to be gone for a long period of time. Also even if they did go for that type of angle for mania 25 they would have to keep it up for 26 27.... or however long taker decides to go which isn't too much longer i would think.

Jeritron
04-06-2008, 10:20 PM
I disagree. I think in the past years they've done an excellent job at actually threatening to streak. I mean, most of his victories are over hosses that were just fed to him. But now that it's the home stretch they have to throw opponents at him that are at least remotely conceivable to break the streak. Orton was prob the first they did this with, since they've started to really ham up the streak. Henry was obv a throwaway.
Batista and Edge were excellent choices, because they actually had people going, myself included for a few moments there.

Jeritron
04-06-2008, 10:21 PM
But yea, they need to really throw the works at him in his final few outings. I think they'll probably have him face Mr. Wrestlemania next year, and then Cena the year after that. Both of which are fine choices to get people questioning whether or not it might end.

slextremely
04-06-2008, 10:25 PM
yes orton did feel like a threat with the legend killer angle but still even he, bats, and edge to me and everyone i spoke with knew taker was taking it home. And you have to think with each year the streak goes on more and more people will become convinced that taker can't loose

NeanderCarl
04-06-2008, 11:24 PM
The match vs Batista was the most convincing so far (the Orton match was a great match, but I was never in any doubt about the result).

All I'm saying is, it doesn't matter WHO it is because 'Taker is a top guy who can feasibly be put over anyone on the roster without it hurting them, therefore it's hard to make people think that ANYONE can beat him at any given WrestleMania (whether they're thinking 'smart' or in kayfabe). There has to be something at stake; the title just isn't enough, so logically a guy putting his career on the line... a guy who is highly unlikely to retire and very worthy to the WWE... so people think "fuck, this year Undertaker HAS to lose!" and buy into the match more.

Edge did a great job this year, but there's nobody I can think of who can convince me that the streak is going to end. I only thought Batista had a chance because it seemed so 'typical WWE'. The only other guys who might have me second guessing are Cena and Triple H, for obvious reasons.

NeanderCarl
04-06-2008, 11:27 PM
They could really push Michaels as the guy to end the streak based on the momentum of having ended Flair's career the year before. Michaels, being on a roll of smashing streaks and records... last year he ended Flair's historic career, this year will he end Taker's historic streak?

There's a natural story there, but I still doubt I'd give him much of a chance of pulling it off.

The Optimist
04-07-2008, 01:27 AM
still no tag teams, still no mid-card title, still no push for Shelton Benjamin, feeding MVP to Taker = balls

Also, would this booking presume that Randy Orton wins the Royal Rumble? I thought Cena winning it this year was boring, but Orton winning it would be just that much worse.

Other than that, I enjoy.

Afterlife
04-07-2008, 05:12 AM
Instead of retirement, make it about the business itself. Have someone say that they are cretain, beyond the shadow of a doubt that he can defeat the Undertaker at WRestlemania and break the streak -- or he'll give up his opoorunity for title shot or ANY class for a year. A guy like Cena or Triple H saying that? That's a gamble. That would be a match in which I'd be interested.

Plus, with a stipulation like that, it gets rid of the recycled "I'm not afraid of you, but I'll run away when you come down the ramp," routine.

Hanso Amore
04-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Come on, Orton vs Cena vs HHH headlined the most bought WM ever. Somehow every year they keep going up. If they set a buys record with that, Rock Austin would out buy it. I dont know how they sell more now than during the attitude era, but the top draws then would draw more now. I know alot of fans that passed on this year, add Rock/Austin and I KNOW it would shatter the records.

The CyNick
04-07-2008, 11:35 AM
If Mania does big numbers this year its because of Mayweather-Show, the brand of Wrestlemania and possibly the Flair retirement angle. No way HHH vs Orton vs Cena would be the key factor to the huge number.

Anyway, I watched some of the TV leading up to Mania, and I almost think they were building towards another HHH vs Cena match. I'm thinking that could be a headlining match at Mania. I know it sounds old, but they only had the one singles match, and the crowd reaction when they are working is pretty decent. These predictions one year out almost never come true because there are so many factors, but I could see this one playing out.

Taker should get a big match as well. People were talking about how he was supposed to get a lengthy title run last year, maybe he gets a year plus run this year. I dont see anyone on SD who should beat him (except Edge), so maybe they go with HBK-Taker for the World Title.

Austin-Hogan would be a dream come true for Vince. Its possible with the trouble Hogan has found himself in that he might be more accepting of coming in to a match like this and putting over Austin with no fuss. But this is Hogan, so its doubtful.

Jeritron
04-07-2008, 11:39 AM
^ thank you

Indifferent Clox
04-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Well now that he beat flair he's kind of the Heart ache kid.. A CHA CHA CHA CHA!

if he and mic foley had a match he could be the Hardcore Heart Ache Kid

And he could go by Hardcore Hak.....

Hanso Amore
04-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Well now that he beat flair he's kind of the Heart ache kid.. A CHA CHA CHA CHA!

if he and mic foley had a match he could be the Hardcore Heart Ache Kid

And he could go by Hardcore Hak.....

I fucking hate you, you are worse than cancer.

Fox
04-07-2008, 04:33 PM
If Mania does big numbers this year its because of Mayweather-Show, the brand of Wrestlemania and possibly the Flair retirement angle. No way HHH vs Orton vs Cena would be the key factor to the huge number.

Clearly you haven't been to any live RAW or PPVs in the past couple of years, CyNick.

John Cena is like Hulk Hogan to kids these days. I know, it doesn't make any sense, he's a lame, wigger, Marine-respect-wannabe, who also happens to get crammed down our throat with that awful WWE Title he came out with on a regular basis, but for some reason, males between 5-15 love him. There is also that pocket of 15-25 year olds who like John Cena... probably virgins. And let's not forget the ugly, overweight 12-18 year old girls who also are in love with Johnny Cena.

I was at Mania, and I'd say about half of the merchandise being worn was John Cena stuff, and all of it was being worn by the people I just described. It's insane. I would not doubt that John Cena's name on the main event headline alone helped sell hundreds of thousands of PPV buys and tickets.

The CyNick
04-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Clearly you haven't been to any live RAW or PPVs in the past couple of years, CyNick.

John Cena is like Hulk Hogan to kids these days. I know, it doesn't make any sense, he's a lame, wigger, Marine-respect-wannabe, who also happens to get crammed down our throat with that awful WWE Title he came out with on a regular basis, but for some reason, males between 5-15 love him. There is also that pocket of 15-25 year olds who like John Cena... probably virgins. And let's not forget the ugly, overweight 12-18 year old girls who also are in love with Johnny Cena.

I was at Mania, and I'd say about half of the merchandise being worn was John Cena stuff, and all of it was being worn by the people I just described. It's insane. I would not doubt that John Cena's name on the main event headline alone helped sell hundreds of thousands of PPV buys and tickets.

Youre right, I havent been to a live event in over 3 years.

My point was just John Cena whether he was on the card or not, probably wouldnt have made a big difference. I think Cena is the biggest draw for the company. But the talk was about what would make this show do a better buy than last year's show.

IMO Cena vs Orton vs HHH is no different than HBK vs Cena from last year. If anything, I would say this year's match would have been less of a draw. I just feel any additional numbers they do beyond the number they did last year has to be credited to Show-Mayweather and all the mainstream press they got.

You just have to look at the posters and most of the promotional material to see this was the main event. I was at a movie theatre a few weeks before Mania, and they had a big poster with the two world title matches and the Mayweather-Show match. Mayweather and Show were front and centre and more prominantly featured. So that tells me Show-Mayweather should get credit for drawing anything north of 1.2 million buys.

That said, I think Cena is the biggest draw in the company by a landslide.

Fox
04-07-2008, 05:19 PM
I see your point. It's funny to me though, because before No Way Out, I had no idea who Floyd Mayweather was.